Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Now: Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (… $14.49 (58 mins left)

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ultraman: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$21.72

Doctor Who: Colin Baker: Complete Season Two (Blu-ray)
$45.86

Gatchaman (Blu-ray)
$65.99

Stephen King's The Stand (Blu-ray)
$31.97

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Lost in Space: Season One (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$71.69

Megabeast Investigator Juspion (Blu-ray)
$35.37

Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$52.89

Game of Thrones: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$199.99

Deadwood: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$36.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows

Old 05-29-2017, 10:21 AM   #1
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland
Default The Crystal Maze

Anyone looking forward to the Crystal Maze which is coming back in June on Channel 4.
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-c...w-crystal-dome
Old 06-04-2017, 12:04 PM   #2
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
Anyone looking forward to the Crystal Maze which is coming back in June on Channel 4.
http://www.denofgeek.com/uk/tv/the-c...w-crystal-dome
Can't bloody wait Tob. I was a huge fan of the old series.

Start the fans please!
Old 06-05-2017, 09:17 AM   #3
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

Yup. I'm in
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (06-05-2017)
Old 06-24-2017, 09:42 AM   #4
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

What did you think lads?
Old 06-24-2017, 10:31 AM   #5

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
What did you think lads?
Louie Spence totally ruined it.
Old 06-24-2017, 10:33 AM   #6
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by cherbert View Post
Louie Spence totally ruined it.
thankfully there will be new contestants next week!
Old 06-30-2017, 12:03 PM   #7
Blu-ray Samurai

Jul 2009
England

I wish they'd quit it with the 'celebrity' editions. I'd rather watch regular joes have a go - it's way more interesting to see a pre-bonded group fall apart over putting shapes in the right order or whatever.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (08-09-2017), Steedeel (06-30-2017), tob (06-30-2017)
Old 06-30-2017, 01:31 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
Originally Posted by thewerepuppygrr View Post
I wish they'd quit it with the 'celebrity' editions. I'd rather watch regular joes have a go - it's way more interesting to see a pre-bonded group fall apart over putting shapes in the right order or whatever.
I agree.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (06-30-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 11:06 PM   #9
Power Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

I used to love watching the original series when Richard O'Brien presented the show back in the early 90s. I did consider watching this recent revival, but there seems to be an obsession with modern day game shows, where a game show on in the evening or at night has celebrities taking part rather than members of the public.

You have it with Family Fortunes with Vernon Kay (can't stand him, especially when he shouts the bit where he says "..our survey says..". For me, Les Dennis was the best presenter of Family Fortunes). I can't think of one edition he's presented where members of the public have been on it. I also don't like the way some of these revivals have to take the you-know-what out of the original shows. The only modern day UK game shows I regularly watch are Tipping Point and The Chase (including Celebrity Chase, which usually has new editions airing on Sunday evenings).

I did watch most of the editions of the original Crystal Maze series which Edward Tudor-Pole presented, but he wasn't a patch on Richard O'Brien.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (08-09-2017)
Old 08-09-2017, 11:07 PM   #10
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

I quite enjoyed the new one. Wouldn't mind another series.
Old 08-09-2017, 11:33 PM   #11
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2012
co.cork ireland

Quote:
I quite enjoyed the new one. Wouldn't mind another series.
Really steedeel it was a bad idea to start off this new series with these sad attention seeking people they call celebrities to get viewers watching and what a sad world we live in and not only that but to make these challenges simple for them because these people are simple this has put me off watching this show again.
Old 08-10-2017, 06:10 PM   #12
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by tob View Post
Really steedeel it was a bad idea to start off this new series with these sad attention seeking people they call celebrities to get viewers watching and what a sad world we live in and not only that but to make these challenges simple for them because these people are simple this has put me off watching this show again.
Think it was more because it was for charity Tob. I want to see regular people have a go in the next series though. I agree though, it's not as good as the old version.
Old 08-16-2017, 12:33 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

It.was.tripe

Like you fellas said, needs to be regular Joes
Old 08-18-2017, 07:25 PM   #14

Jun 2016
Snowdonia, Wales

I've seen one pleb on another forum actually blame the abundance of hair upon Richard Ayoade's head for the lack of ratings during this latest run of CM. Saying that because O'Brien had no hair and that Merchant shaved off his hair that ratings were actually higher because of this sole factor. At first, forum members thought it was a joke but the kid was actually serious, really serious, as he kept repeating the same thing over and over again like some deranged Dalek.
Old 08-18-2017, 11:05 PM   #15
Power Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Quote:
Think it was more because it was for charity Tob. I want to see regular people have a go in the next series though. I agree though, it's not as good as the old version.
I saw it in the TV listings magazine a few days ago, and have checked the TV listings menu - a new series of The Crystal Maze with members of the public starts on Channel 4 next Friday evening/night at 8 pm.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (08-18-2017)
Old 08-18-2017, 11:07 PM   #16
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomlord View Post
I've seen one pleb on another forum actually blame the abundance of hair upon Richard Ayoade's head for the lack of ratings during this latest run of CM. Saying that because O'Brien had no hair and that Merchant shaved off his hair that ratings were actually higher because of this sole factor. At first, forum members thought it was a joke but the kid was actually serious, really serious, as he kept repeating the same thing over and over again like some deranged Dalek.
I can't read your posts without having a flashback to my childhood with that avatar!
Old 08-18-2017, 11:08 PM   #17
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by OceanBlue View Post
I saw it in the TV listings magazine a few days ago, and have checked the TV listings menu - a new series of The Crystal Maze with members of the public starts on Channel 4 next Friday evening/night at 8 pm.
You are a star Ocean. Looking forward to it.
Thanks given by:
OceanBlue (08-18-2017)
Old 09-28-2017, 09:56 PM   #18
Power Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

Have caught up with the editions which have members of the public taking on the Crystal Maze. Recorded the Sunday afternoon repeats, caught up with those, then put the show on series link from last Friday night's edition onwards. Slowly warming to host Richard Ayoade. Wasn't sure about his presenting style at first, but he's quite witty at times.
Old 10-12-2017, 05:46 PM   #19

Jun 2016
Snowdonia, Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Doomlord View Post
Subsequently and ironically I recently found out that it was our old friend Dalekbuster that was spouting that hair/bald nonsense over on Digital Spy Forum, only under a different name of 'John Marnn'.

Quote:
I can't read your posts without having a flashback to my childhood with that avatar!
"I am Doomlord, servant of Nox, master of life, bringer of death... Energiser to disintegrate!"

There was something really creepy and unnerving about the original fumetti format of Doomlord.
Around the time of when the Eagle was running the fumetti strip, I remember watching an episode of The Paul Hogan Show when it was part of the newly launched Channel 4 station, in one of Hogan's episodes was a sketch featuring a mysterious being lurking outside of an old wooden shack, suddenly the door opened and it was a guy wearing the exact same type of 'Doomlord' mask! Oh man, I really wanted one and always looked out for one whenever I came across a Joke Shop selling rubber masks.
Never did find one.
Old 06-12-2019, 11:43 PM   #20
Power Member

Sep 2013
Midlands, UK

A new series of the celebrity version of The Crystal Maze starts next week on Friday 21st June. Apparently there is going to be a
[Show spoiler]new zone
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > UK TV Shows