Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 hr ago
The Matrix Resurrections (Blu-ray)
$12.99
2 hrs ago
Wild Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99
1 day ago
No Time to Die (Blu-ray)
$12.99
2 hrs ago
Dragons Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
29 min ago
Dune (Blu-ray)
$12.99
3 hrs ago
The Addams Family 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.71
1 day ago
The Northman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
5 hrs ago
SeaQuest DSV: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99

Killing Eve: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
Marry Me (Blu-ray)
$14.99
4 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 12-19-2021, 10:47 AM   #21
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluhunter View Post
This started December 14th suddenly.
Can't say exactly, but yeah, sounds about right.

I have all automatic spam filters disabled with my provider and add stuff from my spam folder manually to a black list. no-reply@blu-ray.com actually is still explicitly on my "Erwünscht-Liste". Can't tell yet, if other providers have the same problem, but I guess so, because I'm often getting no or only very late replies since the last couple of days and I don't think the people in question use web.de (or even a German provider). Also just asked a pal, if he has the same problem with his yahoo.de address (and I think he has*). Might still be a shared black list between providers, but I really don't think that's it.

It would be really appretiated, if someone could look into it.

EDIT: Last blu-ray.com email I received 12/12. No more notifications here since then.
* EDIT: No, he doesn't have the problem. I still have.

Last edited by andreasy969; 12-19-2021 at 04:58 PM.
Old 12-19-2021, 05:16 PM   #22
Expert Member

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy969 View Post
Can't say exactly, but yeah, sounds about right.

I have all automatic spam filters disabled with my provider and add stuff from my spam folder manually to a black list. no-reply@blu-ray.com actually is still explicitly on my "Erwünscht-Liste". Can't tell yet, if other providers have the same problem, but I guess so, because I'm often getting no or only very late replies since the last couple of days and I don't think the people in question use web.de (or even a German provider). Also just asked a pal, if he has the same problem with his yahoo.de address (and I think he has*). Might still be a shared black list between providers, but I really don't think that's it.

It would be really appretiated, if someone could look into it.

EDIT: Last blu-ray.com email I received 12/12. No more notifications here since then.
* EDIT: No, he doesn't have the problem. I still have.
I believe you found the cause. I’ve just changed my email address for this website to a gmail.com account and as soon as I did that, I started getting email notifications.
Thanks given by:
andreasy969 (12-19-2021)
Old 12-19-2021, 05:35 PM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Germany

Quote:
I believe you found the cause. I’ve just changed my email address for this website to a gmail.com account and as soon as I did that, I started getting email notifications.
I could try another email as well (and will try my google one later), but I really don't want to change my email address (here). Total bummer if web.de is blocking them now/is the cause.

EDIT: Just tried to contact web.de about it...
EDIT2: And just switched to gmail as well and received the according verification email at any rate. If I receive notifications again now, it's web.de indeed.

Last edited by andreasy969; 12-19-2021 at 05:57 PM.
Old 12-19-2021, 06:22 PM   #24
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2008
Germany

So just for the record: Also works for me again with gmail. But several providers appear to be blocking them now. web.de being one of them.

EDIT: If web.de is affected I'm pretty sure so is gmx, since both belong to the same company (1&1).

Last edited by andreasy969; 12-19-2021 at 08:33 PM.
Old 12-19-2021, 08:28 PM   #25
Expert Member

Nov 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by iceman View Post
Strange, we haven’t done any changes on our end
Since we are talking about notifications, are you aware that when a user in one’s ignore list posts on a thread one is subscribed to, no notification is sent. However, when that happens, no more notifications are sent out for that thread even when the following users are not in one’s ignore list unless the user first visits that thread again? And if you are, can anything be done about it?
Thanks given by:
ploog (03-25-2022)
Old 12-23-2021, 12:34 AM   #26
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2009
Calgary
Send a message via Yahoo to chaingunsofdoom

I've subscribed to a thread and I am not receiving emails either. Nothing in my spam, etc.

I am not using GMail ema, but rather a giant internet provider email from here in Canada.

Is the solution that some internet providers are just blocking the domain? Confused...?
Old 01-26-2022, 10:09 PM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2008
Arkham Asylum

I use Comcast and I have not been receiving the notifications from subscribed threads either, nor have I received notifications via email when I get a private message.
Old 01-30-2022, 01:51 AM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2010
The middle of nowhere, USA

I haven't received email notifications to subscribed threads for 6 weeks or so. I don't understand the technical talk a few posts back. Can anybody explain the fix to a dummy? Do I have to create a new email account just for this website?
Old 02-20-2022, 08:40 AM   #29

Jun 2012
Hamburg
-

Same problem here. Actually it's the second time it's happening to me. A few years ago I didn't receive forum or deals subscriptions at my (Germany based) GMX mail address. When I changed it to the account attached to my personal website everything was working again. But around December/January it suddenly stopped and nothing gets through to me anymore. So to fix this I have to set up a gmail account? Hmm...
Old 02-23-2022, 05:11 AM   #30

Dec 2010
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

I haven't received any email notifications to my Comcast address since December. Guess I'll have to switch to Gmail.

On the bright side, I've been saving a lot of money in the past couple of months.
Thanks given by:
ploog (03-22-2022)
Old 03-16-2022, 02:55 PM   #31

Feb 2017
Birmingham, UK - you know, the original one!

I've not received any email notifications for months as well
Tried un-subbing and re-subbing.
Old 03-23-2022, 08:49 PM   #32

Dec 2011
Ontario, Canada
Canada

I abruptly stopped receiving thread notifications via email a few weeks ago as well. They are not appearing in a spam folder.
  • Tried unsubscribing and re-subscribing. This didn’t resolve the issue.
  • Tried changing the frequency of emails. This didn’t resolve the issue.
  • Tried changing my email address. This didn’t resolve the issue.
  • The email address I’ve used for over 10 years is from my own domain (lifesatwitch.com, via the company lonex.com) and has no spam protection activated for that address. The email address I just switched to was an iCloud address.

Is it possible there is an account setting on your end that, if emails bounce once or twice, no more emails are attempted until reset? I’d really like to get this resolved, as browsing my daily digests are an anticipated activity each day. Thank you kindly.

Duncan

Last edited by bdmckinl; 03-23-2022 at 11:27 PM.
Thanks given by:
jkoffman (03-23-2022), ploog (03-25-2022)
Old 03-25-2022, 06:43 PM   #33
Expert Member

Apr 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by andreasy969 View Post
So just for the record: Also works for me again with gmail.
I just flipped my registered address to Gmail (from Comcast) and email notifications have again begun arriving.

Quote:
Since we are talking about notifications, are you aware that when a user in one’s ignore list posts on a thread one is subscribed to, no notification is sent. However, when that happens, no more notifications are sent out for that thread even when the following users are not in one’s ignore list unless the user first visits that thread again? And if you are, can anything be done about it?
Thanks for this heads-up. This may explain why my email notifications didn't immediately start on updating my address, or why they seemed hit-or-miss. I'd only recently begun using the ignore list to help with scanning the digital sales thread, but it appears that I'll need to flush my ignore list if I want to prioritize notifications. (It *would* be beneficial if the notifications mechanism could more intelligently handle the ignore list.)
Old 04-22-2022, 02:56 PM   #34

Jul 2008

I've been experiencing these issues for months as well. I am using Yahoo Mail. I temporarily switched it to Gmail and it didn't really seem to help. Eventually the emails start flowing, and then all of the sudden I get a TON of them that were backed up. The last couple of days have been horrible though. It took a good 8-9hrs from when I first visited the site in the morning to actually get any of the notification emails.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum