Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Batman 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99
22 hrs ago
Bourne: The Ultimate Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
16 hrs ago
Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
20 hrs ago
The Shawshank Redemption 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
2 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
1 day ago
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
12 hrs ago
Zack Snyder's Justice League 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
17 hrs ago
No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
Copshop (Blu-ray)
$7.99
1 hr ago
Halloween Kills 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
Wild Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)
Old 01-19-2021, 10:19 PM   #1201

May 2018
France

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooneyRara View Post
I was able to find it in your collection searching by Steelbook:
https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/searc...&action=search
I uninstalled the application and installed again and it seems good,some titles didn't appear
Old 02-14-2021, 12:34 PM   #1202
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO & Richmond, VA

Got a specific use case for trying to filter my collection and figured this was as good a spot as any to ask this question:

I have all my Blu-ray SKU's added to my collection on this website. I'm hoping to find a way to export how many individual movie titles I have, as I do have some duplicates for 4K vs Blu-ray and steelbooks over the years.

It seems like this statistic is tracked if you go to the complete collection tab - for example on mine it says "BLU-RAY MOVIE COLLECTION (414 MOVIES, 96 TV SEASONS, 352 SKUS)". Is there a way to export the actual list of individual titles rather than just a list of SKU UPC's?

Thanks!

EDIT: Figured this out - I just went to the complete collection view and copied and pasted the data from there rather than going to the Export section.

Last edited by BaerGriggs; 02-14-2021 at 07:23 PM.
Old 07-02-2021, 09:17 PM   #1203

Mar 2012

Hopefully this is the right place for this question! Does anyone know why my James Bond Blu-rays aren't showing up everywhere in my collection? I own four Blu-ray sets (2 Sean Connery, 1 Roger Moore, 1 Daniel Craig) with three films each. The films appear when browsing Collection/Blu-ray by letter. They show up under Collection/Complete when browsing by page number ... but NOT when browsing by letter. So THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN, for example, shows up when I navigate to page 12, but has vanished when I select "M." This ONLY seems to affect the Bond films ... there are 62 "M" titles in page view, including TMWTGG, but only 61 in letter view, with TMWTGG MIA.

The discrepancy also crops up in the Stats tab. When I click 1974 under "Films By Release Year," for example, THE MAN WITH THE GOLDEN GUN is there. But when I scroll to "Most Frequent Cast" and click Christopher Lee, it does not appear on the list of his films, despite Christopher Lee being clearly linked on the film's "overview" page.

I have tried adding the individual films to my collection, as well as different boxed sets containing the films, and wind up with the same result. I'm new to the collection feature here, so perhaps this is a known issue and an explanation has already been posted somewhere -- but if so, I wasn't able to find it on the forums. I'd be grateful if anyone can provide some insight!

Last edited by Admonisher; 07-02-2021 at 10:41 PM.
Thanks given by:
TheDean (07-02-2021)
Old 07-05-2021, 06:10 PM   #1204

Mar 2010
Lopatcong, New Jersey

Quote:
Originally Posted by Admonisher View Post
Hopefully this is the right place for this question! Does anyone know why my James Bond Blu-rays aren't showing up everywhere in my collection?
I don't know why, but I know the sort is wonky. I'm having similar trouble today, trying to use the "Sort by Title" feature (broken down by letter).

You might think if you were to request to view your collection sorted alphabetically "by title", it would place the film "For Your Eyes Only" under "F" and the film "Skyfall" under "S" ... and it DOES — IF you don't mind looking at your whole collection at once.

Soon as you select "F" or "S" (to narrow your collection to just those titles that begin with each letter) — they are punted from the list. You can find them instead under the "B" (for "Bond Collection", presumably). Which is kind of annoying, since we didn't ask to sort "by collections" or even "by title chronologically".

I'm trying to match my blu-ray.com collections inventory to my physical inventory. I know I have 1,315 titles in the later, but only 1,310 in the former — so figuring out which five are missing is becoming a lot harder than it ought to be.

Going line by line, through a list of 1,315 titles, is painfully slow.

It would be a lot easier to narrow down the location of the missing titles if "sort by title" actually worked — I simply count all the A's, and check my collection to make sure I have the same number of "A" titles. And then proceed through each letter until the numbers don't match (which should effect no more than five letter groups) and run down the list only in those sections.

Kinda works, except I ran into problems immediately — I've got 61 titles (in the list I'm working) logically beginning with "A"; but only had 60 in my matching blu-ray.com collection. aha! There it is — No "Angels & Demons". Cool. Simple enough to add that to my col .... huh. It's already in my collection. Where the heck is it?

In the "D"s. What? Why? For "Davinci Code 2"? Sigh.

"The Color of Money" is under "H"...

Last edited by FLskydiver; 07-05-2021 at 07:44 PM.
Old 07-12-2021, 05:25 AM   #1205

Mar 2010
Lopatcong, New Jersey
Default TV Movie BD Incorrectly Counted (in Collection) as TV Series?

Please forgive (and advise) me if this is the wrong place to post this...

Regarding "Chris Isaak: Live in Concert and Greatest Hits Live":

The database settings appear to show this disk, and the associated movie title, each correctly categorized as TV Movies. But in my collection, the blu-ray is instead counted as two episodes of a TV series. I can't see how to fix this.

Admittedly, this only bugs me because of my severe OCD:
(I've long kept count of my combined physical and digital collections both here and locally via my Kodi/Infuse library; and because these Chris Isaak titles only exist on TVDB and TMDB in movie form; my blu-ray.com and Kodi libraries wind up out of sync when sorting media by type which I need to do to make sure I have a truly accurate count of all titles. On the assumption I'm far from the only obsessive compulsive here, figured someone else might understand where I'm coming from and have a solution. :-)
Please see attached photos.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Chris Isaak.jpg (55.0 KB, 3 views)
File Type: jpg Chris Isaak 2.jpg (64.0 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Chris Isaak 3.jpg (33.4 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Chris Isaak 4.jpg (43.1 KB, 2 views)
File Type: jpg Chris Isaak 5.jpg (81.0 KB, 2 views)
Old 08-24-2021, 03:04 AM   #1206

Sep 2018
Ottawa, Canada
Default "Sort by [blank]" vs. "Sort by [blank] (descending)"

On the collection pages, when I sort by "popularity," it sorts from most popular to least popular. When I sort by "popularity (descending)," it sorts from least to most. Shouldn't that be the other way around?

Similarly, when I sort by "recently added," the sorting goes from most-recently added to least, but when I sort by "recently added (descending)," it goes from least to most. This is inconsistent with how it works on the mobile app, where sorting by "Added date" and selecting "Descending" sorts the list from most-recently added to least-recently added. I always have to remind myself that "descending" means the opposite thing on the web site vs. the app.

Seems to me that on the web site, in the drop-down menu for sorting your collection, "recently added" should be changed to "date added," to improve clarity of meaning, and to be more consistent with the app. And the various menu options should be reworded so that "descending" always signifies going from most (whatever) to least (whatever), like it is on the mobile app. This would be more intuitive.

While you're at it, please change "Sort by price paid (lowest)" to simply "Sort by price paid," and "Sort by price paid (highest)" to "Sort by price paid (descending)," which again would be consistent with the app.

Last edited by RegressiveScan; 08-24-2021 at 08:56 PM.
Thanks given by:
mrtickleuk (08-24-2021), sojrner (09-21-2021)
Old 08-24-2021, 03:21 AM   #1207

Sep 2018
Ottawa, Canada
Default Site preferences -> My collection -> Default sort order

Speaking of sorting collections, here's another issue I've noticed.

On the Site preferences page, when I change the "Default sort order" for the collection to "Recently added," my collection is no longer grouped into categories.

I would use this as my default setting, if it were not for this issue. Instead I keep it set as "Title," and then use the drop down menu to change the sorting, each time. This way, grouping into categories is preserved.
Thanks given by:
sojrner (09-21-2021)
Old 09-21-2021, 06:00 AM   #1208
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010
USA

Should there be an official board decision on whether or not "National Lampoon's" is the beginning of a title for the database? Sometimes the same movie has it for some entries but not for others.
Old 10-21-2021, 04:13 PM   #1209

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by sojrner View Post

The totals in the app: Adding the 4 digital items to any totals gets things close, but never dead-on. Example (using the numbers from my last image as my current Blu numbers have increased) if I simply add up the SKUs of DVD (360) and Blu (477) I get 837. Adding the 4 SKUs I have in MA and Digital, I get to 841... but the mobile app shows 842. Total movies (in parenthesis on the app) is also off by one when I bring in those 4. I'm assuming this is due to something out there in my collection that is not showing in other numbers, but counted in that total? (Based on your explanation, this is not an issue of a missing parent)

Finally, none of this explains the discrepancy in DVD totals, where I come up with 412, 413, or 414 depending on where you look. (Total in app is 414, total in menu/forum is 413, but adding movies and TV from the site collection page is 412) SKUs do not change, but that count difference really messes with my CDO. I still think something is off there...

Thank you much for all of this!
Resurrecting this dormant thing because this is just too much and I had to share the lol.

First, a recap.
Basically, the numbers in the mobile app for my collection have never matched the numbers on the site. Looking at just Blu and DVD to ignore any overlap, I had the following moments ago:
Site: Blu-904, DVD-417, total "movies" of 1114
App: Blu-896, DVD-418, total discs of 1314, total "movies" of 1087

This has been an issue where, if you review all previous posts, has never fully lined up. Incubus and mrtickleuk were awesome in explaining things, but there was still something keeping my numbers off that nobody could wrangle into clarity.

Enter today. On a whim, I removed my one (1) and only Movies Anywhere title from my collection. (A Monster Calls, I only had this digital copy, no physical media) That one action changed my numbers all over the place.
Site: Total dropped by one (the correct change)
App: Blu-904, DVD-418, total discs of 1322, total "movies" of 1088 (LOL)

Why did that digital movie change anything in my physical numbers? I could not see anything obviously wrong with the movie or parent details... especially anything that would make it register as -8 blu-rays, lol. Suddenly my numbers on all but that lone DVD match. Adding that movie back to the collection did not mess things up again, so something was wonky on that entry connected to me in their database.

I further tested with a "Digital" (not Movies Anywhere) copy of Rambo, of which I do have physical copies, and it changed nothing. (appropriately) I then dropped the "Digital" copy of Hercules, which was my only version, and it only changed my total movies on the site. (also the correct change)

Long (very long) story short... there was something off on that entry, and now I'm off to track down that one DVD that has some bogus data that causes the app to read an extra one.

Rock on.
Thanks given by:
mrtickleuk (10-22-2021)
Old 10-31-2021, 11:33 PM   #1210
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Can you add Game X Change as a retailer? It is a franchised chain selling used games, movies & other items, mainly in the south central U.S. (with a few locations in Connecticut). It is the most prominent B&M seller of used DVDs, BDs & UHDBDs in Central Arkansas (where I live), and almost certainly also in Northwest AR (where it's headquartered) & other parts of AR; it also has a significant retail presence in most states surrounding AR. https://www.gogamexchange.com/find-a-store/ I have purchased several discs from their Central AR locations recently.
Old 01-12-2022, 01:46 PM   #1211

Dec 2021

Hello, there's some sort of issue with Howard Hawks' "Scarface" from 1932. https://www.blu-ray.com/Scarface/97914/#Releases

A bunch of the linked releases list no movie info, says "No such movie: 134163" instead, and can't be added to the collection.

This applies to the Spanish, German, French and Canadian BD releases, as well as an unreleased UK entry.

Also applies to all but the US iTunes releases, both Prime releases, and most DVD releases (3 US, 2 Canada, and one UK, one German and one Danish.
Thanks given by:
MooneyRara (01-13-2022)
Old 01-12-2022, 04:15 PM   #1212

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by pernath View Post
Hello, there's some sort of issue with Howard Hawks' "Scarface" from 1932. https://www.blu-ray.com/Scarface/97914/#Releases

A bunch of the linked releases list no movie info, says "No such movie: 134163" instead, and can't be added to the collection.

This applies to the Spanish, German, French and Canadian BD releases, as well as an unreleased UK entry.

Also applies to all but the US iTunes releases, both Prime releases, and most DVD releases (3 US, 2 Canada, and one UK, one German and one Danish.
I am not an admin, dev, or another person who can actually do anything to really solve this, but I thought I would jump on to help... I am not seeing it to the extent you describe, but I do see the error on some. It appears that there is some missing data on those release entries which might contribute to this error. I did see one of the two Amazon entries for the US that had the error, I went in to edit that title and saw the ASIN was out of date. Updating that (and waiting for the admin approval) appears to have removed the error. (now both Amazon entries show correctly for US) This was to test my theory that missing/incorrect data was an issue. I would recommend looking into each one to see if the (for example) iTunes ID is out of date, or if the forum link is broken... it appears that something is incorrect on the information for these releases.

Of course... I could be wrong on all of that and there is a more extensive back-end error at play here. lol
Thanks given by:
MooneyRara (01-13-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 03:48 AM   #1213

Sep 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by pernath View Post

They should be fixed now. Let me know if I missed one.

Thanks for reporting!
Thanks given by:
sojrner (01-14-2022)
Old 01-13-2022, 01:44 PM   #1214

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooneyRara View Post
They should be fixed now. Let me know if I missed one.

Thanks for reporting!
I am curious now: was it some missing data points, or was there something else on the back-end? Inquiring minds want to know. ;-)
Old 01-14-2022, 03:55 AM   #1215

Sep 2013

Quote:
I am curious now: was it some missing data points, or was there something else on the back-end? Inquiring minds want to know. ;-)
No missing data. Just a broken link to master movie needed refresh.
Thanks given by:
sojrner (01-14-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 02:42 AM   #1216
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Maine

I was wondering if there could be any tweaks made to this. When I look at movies I own on DVD to upgrade to blu-ray, I end up seeing a lot of titles I don't like in there. The reason is that I own a lot of Mill Creek 50, 100 & 250 packs. There's always movies in those sets I don't like, but others I do.

I've tried changing the movies I didn't like from "Watched" to "Not Interested", but that doesn't seem to help. When you use "not interested" there's an option to have those movies not show up as recommendations, or on collection matcher. Would there be a way to also include something that would eliminate those from showing up on collection upgrade as well?

First world problems, I know, but I thought I would ask. Perhaps there is already a way to do it, and I just don't know how. All help is always appreciated.
Old 01-24-2022, 02:29 PM   #1217

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bipbop13 View Post
I was wondering if there could be any tweaks made to this. When I look at movies I own on DVD to upgrade to blu-ray, I end up seeing a lot of titles I don't like in there. The reason is that I own a lot of Mill Creek 50, 100 & 250 packs. There's always movies in those sets I don't like, but others I do.

I've tried changing the movies I didn't like from "Watched" to "Not Interested", but that doesn't seem to help. When you use "not interested" there's an option to have those movies not show up as recommendations, or on collection matcher. Would there be a way to also include something that would eliminate those from showing up on collection upgrade as well?

First world problems, I know, but I thought I would ask. Perhaps there is already a way to do it, and I just don't know how. All help is always appreciated.
I think the direct solution is to rate the movie. If you don't like it, rate it poorly. Filtering a collection by User Rating IIRC will look just at your rating. This should accomplish what you are after, plus you then (eventually) have all your movies rated for later enjoyment.
Thanks given by:
bipbop13 (01-25-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 06:06 PM   #1218

Sep 2016
Greatest Country On Earth (RIP 1776-2021)
USA

Would it be possible for the site admins to increase the maximum allowed "titles per page" site preference on the "My Collection" page from the current 500 to 1000 (or 2000)? I'd happily trade any slight performance penalty during page-load for the convenience of fitting so much more on a single page.

Last edited by avenged110; 01-25-2022 at 01:19 AM. Reason: Grammar
Thanks given by:
sojrner (01-24-2022)
Old 01-24-2022, 07:44 PM   #1219

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by avenged110 View Post
would it be possible for the site admins to increase in the maximum allowed "titles per page" site preference on the "my collection" page from the current 500 to 1000 (or 2000)? I'd happily trade any slight performance penalty during page-load for the convenience of fitting so more on a single page.
+1
Thanks given by:
avenged110 (01-25-2022)
Old 01-25-2022, 05:03 PM   #1220
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2014
Maine

Quote:
I think the direct solution is to rate the movie. If you don't like it, rate it poorly. Filtering a collection by User Rating, IIRC will look just at your rating. This should accomplish what you are after, plus you then (eventually) have all your movies rated for later enjoyment.
If I go to my collection, select DVD's, then click on upgrade to Blu-ray, the only options I get are in one drop-down box. An option to show them based on what I rated them is not available. That would be something decent, though, to have movies I want to upgrade to blu that I rated only 5 or better. Something like that would probably be perfect.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Tags
collection, collection count, collection price worth, list, movie, print, printable