Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Batman 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$44.99
23 hrs ago
Bourne: The Ultimate Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
17 hrs ago
Candyman 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
21 hrs ago
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
1 day ago
Old 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
1 hr ago
The Shawshank Redemption 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
3 hrs ago
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
14 hrs ago
Zack Snyder's Justice League 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
18 hrs ago
No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00

Edge of Tomorrow 4K (Blu-ray)
$25.99
1 day ago
Wild Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99

Copshop (Blu-ray)
$7.99
2 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 05-14-2019, 01:03 PM   #21

Jun 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evil View Post
Thanks!

Can you remove the second poster on Sirens?

https://www.blu-ray.com/Sirens/313047/

I added a non-cropped version of it last night.
Second poster removed.
Thanks given by:
Evil (05-15-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 02:24 AM   #22
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Two-D...lu-ray/124236/

I have just submitted new art for this title. Please watch the (W)KRP user that has submitted cover "corrections" for several of these foreign slipcover releases, as they keep incorrectly submitting the slip as the cover and the cover as the slip. It is clear that they would like to see the slips, but since the site has a function for that, he keeps messing up the site for everyone else by changing them incorrectly.

Here is another title we keep going back and forth on, in which they keep changing it back after I've corrected it so the sleeve art is on "front/back" and slip art is on the slip tabs.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Ser...lu-ray/150624/
Old 06-12-2019, 02:26 AM   #23
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Also, I sent a DM about this:

This title is locked, but Amazon has a much higher-res version of the same cover.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hell-...lu-ray/163541/

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1263_.jpg
Old 06-12-2019, 11:44 AM   #24

Jun 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylergfoster View Post
Also, I sent a DM about this:

This title is locked, but Amazon has a much higher-res version of the same cover.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Hell-...lu-ray/163541/

https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon....L._SL1263_.jpg
This is fixed with your cover.
Thanks given by:
tylergfoster (06-13-2019)
Old 06-12-2019, 12:54 PM   #25
Special Member

Aug 2010
-
-
-

is there any way to switch around what artwork is display for these? the front cover and the slip are incorrectly labelled but they should be showing the years cover art instead as 5 of the other movies show that cover, there's a separate listing for the ones with slipcovers

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry...-Blu-ray/6280/ https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry...Blu-ray/27174/
Old 06-12-2019, 05:13 PM   #26

Jun 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmario View Post
is there any way to switch around what artwork is display for these? the front cover and the slip are incorrectly labelled but they should be showing the years cover art instead as 5 of the other movies show that cover, there's a separate listing for the ones with slipcovers

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry...-Blu-ray/6280/ https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Harry...Blu-ray/27174/
Some are switched now.
Old 06-12-2019, 05:23 PM   #27
Special Member

Aug 2010
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mezzanine View Post
Some are switched now.
thanks for that, do you need to be a certain level or tier on the site to do something like this? there's a bunch more things to change display cover wise but i'd rather do it myself and not be a bother
Old 06-12-2019, 05:43 PM   #28

Jun 2012
Sweden

Quote:
Originally Posted by oldmario View Post
thanks for that, do you need to be a certain level or tier on the site to do something like this? there's a bunch more things to change display cover wise but i'd rather do it myself and not be a bother
I didnīt really switch the covers. I just saved each cover and replaced them.

All you can do as a member is to upload the same covers, but current front as slip cover and current slip as front. And wait for your submissions to be approved.
Old 06-13-2019, 07:27 PM   #29
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Here is another title we keep going back and forth on, in which they keep changing it back after I've corrected it so the sleeve art is on "front/back" and slip art is on the slip tabs.

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/A-Ser...lu-ray/150624/
The front cover for this has been incorrectly locked as the slip. Please unlock it, I will submit the case art, and then it can be re-locked so (W)KRP does not try to switch them again.
Old 06-14-2019, 01:49 AM   #30

Nov 2009

Quote:
The front cover for this has been incorrectly locked as the slip. Please unlock it, I will submit the case art, and then it can be re-locked so (W)KRP does not try to switch them again.
That slip is fine as the main image. Please do not upload scans as "front" covers. Feel free to add all the scans you want as packaging images. https://www.blu-ray.com/products/?p=...es&imagetype=3
But please don't add scans as the images everyone sees. Doesn't matter if it says front, back, slip, slipback. These words should be changed to numbers and have "display/main" image.

Very nice scans though. Nice work!
Thanks given by:
Heapashifter (06-14-2019), MooneyRara (06-14-2019)
Old 06-15-2019, 05:56 AM   #31
Blu-ray Baron

Feb 2019
Richmond, CA

If a Blu-Ray of the film hasn't been released seperatly, should a poster of the film be the cover? I'm asking because the U.S. release of Hellraiser: Inferno has an edited version of the Japanese Blu-Ray as the cover, but the U.S. release of Cursed has the poster.
Old 06-16-2019, 06:20 PM   #32
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean View Post
That slip is fine as the main image. Please do not upload scans as "front" covers. Feel free to add all the scans you want as packaging images. https://www.blu-ray.com/products/?p=...es&imagetype=3
But please don't add scans as the images everyone sees. Doesn't matter if it says front, back, slip, slipback. These words should be changed to numbers and have "display/main" image.

Very nice scans though. Nice work!
That...doesn't make sense. The site has a setting so you can display slips as the artwork when you look at your collection. If people are not consistently putting the slips on the slip tab and covers on the cover tab, then it screws the entire site up for anyone who wants to use that function.

Even if the numbering function comes with a replacement system that will allow you to choose which artwork you want to display, it creates chaos and will increase the likelihood that people will upload different things on the different tabs. The labels of cover vs. slip are a straightforward designation that will keep the site looking consistent. Much like the lack of rules asking for flat, non-3D art, which will almost always be presented at the same dimensions and will by default be aligned at the same angle, I don't understand why the site has cover art rules that do not help the site look consistent.

Last edited by tylergfoster; 06-16-2019 at 06:25 PM.
Old 06-16-2019, 08:04 PM   #33

Sep 2013

Quote:
That...doesn't make sense. The site has a setting so you can display slips as the artwork when you look at your collection. If people are not consistently putting the slips on the slip tab and covers on the cover tab, then it screws the entire site up for anyone who wants to use that function.

Even if the numbering function comes with a replacement system that will allow you to choose which artwork you want to display, it creates chaos and will increase the likelihood that people will upload different things on the different tabs. The labels of cover vs. slip are a straightforward designation that will keep the site looking consistent. Much like the lack of rules asking for flat, non-3D art, which will almost always be presented at the same dimensions and will by default be aligned at the same angle, I don't understand why the site has cover art rules that do not help the site look consistent.
Did you miss the point about the scans?

"Please upload covers in as high quality as possible and with good colors, where the Blu-ray case is visible. Official covers/product images are primarily prefered, scans should be avoided unless there are no official covers/product images."

The site preferences setting for displaying slip covers does not work. That was the point I believe he was making. The only chaos I see is having cover battles with another member by continually uploading scans.
Old 06-17-2019, 02:41 AM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by MooneyRara View Post
Did you miss the point about the scans?

"Please upload covers in as high quality as possible and with good colors, where the Blu-ray case is visible. Official covers/product images are primarily prefered, scans should be avoided unless there are no official covers/product images."

The site preferences setting for displaying slip covers does not work. That was the point I believe he was making. The only chaos I see is having cover battles with another member by continually uploading scans.
Well, if that was the point he was making, it wasn't clear. I wasn't aware the function no longer worked as I don't personally use it -- anything to avoid angled art.

In my opinion (even though I am aware this is a losing battle), this also doesn't make sense as a rule when for most of these foreign slipboxes, the only official imagery is part of a banner artwork that itself is only 1500 or so pixels large, and thus inherently low-res. Obviously, scans can be mediocre, but I literally spend time hand-cleaning up the dust and color-correcting the scans I've provided over the years. They are larger and higher resolution than the art the site currently has.

This is the only rule of the site's that will always drive me nuts. The underlying complaint is not so much about the scans vs. official art point, which I understand, but again, the lack of visual consistency when looking at one's collection if the art is "3D," because what one company chooses as a "3D" art pic won't conform to the same specifications as another. At the very least, I wish "3D" art had its own tab and I could choose not to display it. I've had to filter the items I own without flat art in the database into their own collection because it's really frustrating.
Old 06-17-2019, 04:51 AM   #35

Nov 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikezilla3k View Post
If a Blu-Ray of the film hasn't been released seperatly, should a poster of the film be the cover? I'm asking because the U.S. release of Hellraiser: Inferno has an edited version of the Japanese Blu-Ray as the cover, but the U.S. release of Cursed has the poster.
It would be nice use the poster. But there is no rule. I personally don't like seeing a fake Blu-ray as the image for a title that has not been released.
Thanks given by:
Mikezilla3k (06-17-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 04:56 AM   #36

Nov 2009

Quote:
Well, if that was the point he was making, it wasn't clear. I wasn't aware the function no longer worked as I don't personally use it -- anything to avoid angled art.

In my opinion (even though I am aware this is a losing battle), this also doesn't make sense as a rule when for most of these foreign slipboxes, the only official imagery is part of a banner artwork that itself is only 1500 or so pixels large, and thus inherently low-res. Obviously, scans can be mediocre, but I literally spend time hand-cleaning up the dust and color-correcting the scans I've provided over the years. They are larger and higher resolution than the art the site currently has.

This is the only rule of the site's that will always drive me nuts. The underlying complaint is not so much about the scans vs. official art point, which I understand, but again, the lack of visual consistency when looking at one's collection if the art is "3D," because what one company chooses as a "3D" art pic won't conform to the same specifications as another. At the very least, I wish "3D" art had its own tab and I could choose not to display it. I've had to filter the items I own without flat art in the database into their own collection because it's really frustrating.
That was my point but, I was in a hurry and kind of skipped it. You do have some of the finest scans I've seen. Perhaps we should all suggest the addition of a fifth cover option called "Official cover". Have preferences setting to see that, and have it work. Like you don't like seeing 3D art. I don't like seeing scans. But I have not gone the extra stepping of filtering them. Sorry you've had to do that.
Thanks given by:
tylergfoster (06-17-2019)
Old 06-17-2019, 12:36 PM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheDean View Post
That was my point but, I was in a hurry and kind of skipped it. You do have some of the finest scans I've seen. Perhaps we should all suggest the addition of a fifth cover option called "Official cover". Have preferences setting to see that, and have it work. Like you don't like seeing 3D art. I don't like seeing scans. But I have not gone the extra stepping of filtering them. Sorry you've had to do that.
Thanks at least for the acknowledgement that my scans look good.

It mostly bugs me when stuff like this makes it onto the site: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Highl...lu-ray/216737/

That's not even a scan! It's a photo of the item!
Old 06-30-2019, 05:43 PM   #38
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Much higher-res image for this locked title:

https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Gone-...lu-ray/168487/

https://pisces.bbystatic.com/image2/...5822989_so.jpg
Old 06-30-2019, 10:20 PM   #39
Blu-ray Count

May 2011
Parts Unknown - because I blabbed about Mars!
-
-

Quote:
It mostly bugs me when stuff like this makes it onto the site: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/Highl...lu-ray/216737/

That's not even a scan! It's a photo of the item!
Not that I'm a fan of that either, but is it possible that no official artwork exists anywhere on the internet that for that title/cover? I'm assuming that has to be the case, or surely someone would have updated it by now.

Update: After looking around, the only image I can find anywhere for this Blu-ray release is the photo here.
Old 07-02-2019, 12:40 PM   #40
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2009
Seattle, WA

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaBargainHunta View Post
Not that I'm a fan of that either, but is it possible that no official artwork exists anywhere on the internet that for that title/cover? I'm assuming that has to be the case, or surely someone would have updated it by now.

Update: After looking around, the only image I can find anywhere for this Blu-ray release is the photo here.
Sure, but if no official product images exist for a title, then a scan is a necessary alternative, and I think some images should be rejected on basic quality issues. The hierarchy would naturally be photo of the item < scan < official product image, and it feels like there should be a very minimal number of instances in which a photo is accepted at all.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Tags
chip75, evil, mooneyrara