Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
The Last Duel 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
6 hrs ago
The Northman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Event Horizon 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
6 hrs ago
The Last Kingdom: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$71.99

The French Dispatch (Blu-ray)
$8.99
14 hrs ago
The King's Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
11 hrs ago
Black Widow 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99
17 hrs ago
TRON (Blu-ray)
$5.99
11 hrs ago
National Treasure (Blu-ray)
$5.99
11 hrs ago
Nightmare Alley 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99
17 hrs ago
Extreme Prejudice (Blu-ray)
$11.99
1 hr ago
The Man Who Shot Liberty Valance 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Old 01-15-2022, 04:44 PM   #1
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR
Default DTS:X-related corrections to database

I made multiple corrections to the database, most notably on the first four Bourne films in 4K (which I personally verified from the discs in Bourne: The Ultimate Collection), to make sure as many DTS:X discs as possible had the proper data for the underlying non-immersive DTS bitstream, usually DTS-HD MA. (The other corrections besides Bourne were to variant SKUs, generally conforming their audio tracks to the regular SKU which had the correct data.) Below is a quote from one of my posts in the 4K forum sticky on Atmos/DTS:X discs detailing my changes. Please review them and approve them ASAP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBrittain View Post
I ended up more or less answering my own question about DTS:X / DTS-HD HRA movies, at least for the U.S. (there's way too many of them in the worldwide database). I went thru all 294 or so U.S. SKUs in the Blu-ray.com database with DTS:X and checked what other audio they had.

It's almost certain the only two U.S. UHDBDs with DTS:X on DTS-HD HRA are Fast & Furious 6 and Furious 7, both standalone and (as I have them) in the Fast & Furious 8-Movie Collection. All other DTS:X discs probably use DTS-HD MA, including the first five F&F movies in 4K and The Fate of the Furious in both 4K & BD. (Hobbs & Shaw and F9 are both Atmos in both 4K & BD.)

As I mentioned earlier, the first four Bourne films were previously listed as DTS:X with no other English track. I own Bourne: The Ultimate Collection, and have verified with my UB820 that the underlying bitstreams on Bournes 1-4 are DTS-HD MA 7.1, basically same as on Jason Bourne. I have submitted corrections to the database; they have not yet been approved but I will contact appropriate admins shortly.

In a few other cases I also found missing audio info for variant SKUs; I updated them based on the standard release of each disc, usually to DTS-HD MA (though F&F 6/7 each had a movie cash SKU which I updated to DTS-HD HRA). There are a handful of titles -- a series of "X Classical" discs plus a few titles in Mandarin -- that are still DTS:X only as there is no way for me to determine if the underlying bitstream is MA (though IMO it probably is) or HRA.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Tags
dts-hd master audio, dts-x