Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
No Time to Die 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
2 hrs ago
The Matrix Resurrections (Blu-ray)
$12.99
3 hrs ago
Wild Things 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.99
1 day ago
Dragons Forever 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
52 min ago
No Time to Die (Blu-ray)
$12.99
2 hrs ago
Dune (Blu-ray)
$12.99
3 hrs ago
The Addams Family 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.71
1 day ago
The Northman 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Godzilla vs. Kong 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
5 hrs ago
SeaQuest DSV: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$57.99
 
Dune 4K (Blu-ray)
$15.00
12 min ago
Killing Eve: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$19.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 02-25-2008, 09:06 PM   #1
doctorsteve doctorsteve is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
doctorsteve's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
Tonawanda, NY
15
188
16
Question How Do Amazon Links Support Blu-ray.com?

I've read somewhere that by following the links to Amazon for purchase/pre-order that Blu-ray.com gets financial support/compensation. I won't ask for specific monetary amounts, but - if true- how much does it help to fund the site? How much of B-R.C's income comes from these links?

If I follow a link, put an item in my cart, then back out to follow another link to Amazon - is that better than following one link and going hog wild once I get to Amazon?

I will be making an order and some pre-orders soon, and I'd like to find out the best way to help fund all the work you guys do here at the site...

So what's the deal?
And what's the best procedure?

Keep up the good work folks...

Cheers, Doc.

Last edited by doctorsteve; 02-25-2008 at 09:06 PM. Reason: Spellling...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:25 PM   #2
thanksmrceo thanksmrceo is offline
Member
 
thanksmrceo's Avatar
 
Sep 2007
Default

ive always wondered this as well...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 09:50 PM   #3
doctorsteve doctorsteve is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
doctorsteve's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
Tonawanda, NY
15
188
16
Default Beuller... Beuller?

Mods, ADMIN... anyone? C'mon guys - informing us all may encourage the users here to follow the links more rather than going straight to amazon... help us help you...
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2008, 10:17 PM   #4
iceman iceman is offline
Developer
 
iceman's Avatar
 
May 2003
13
9
101
1
6
10
2
3
Default

If you want to support our site, you only need to follow one link from blu-ray.com to Amazon.com and then you can add as many movies as you want and blu-ray.com will be credited for all of them. In fact, we will be credited for any products you purchase within 24 hours on Amazon.com when following a link from us. Just keep in mind that after 24 hours you need to redo it.

We are quite dependant on this income and it helps us greatly to purchase new servers, hardware, hosting, bandwidth, reviewers, trade fair reports, articles, new features, site development etc etc, ie, anything that improves the site

This seems like a common question, so I'm going to stick it

Last edited by Iceman; 02-25-2008 at 10:43 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 03:40 AM   #5
silversnake silversnake is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
silversnake's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Montreal
22
497
6
31
Default

i'm glad this is stickied but it should be stickied somewhere else! I've never really saw this part of the forum and had no idea that you guys could get supported if we clicked amazon thru your site. I will do so in the future!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 06:35 AM   #6
PNF PNF is offline
Expert Member
 
PNF's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
Philly
1
87
1
41
Default

Me too.

I dont mind making some donations as well. The reviews at home page are great!



I often would check the review before making a blind buy BD.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2008, 09:54 AM   #7
jw jw is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
jw's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
USA
519
Default

I believe clicking on any link the site hosts as well as the links members provide in their posts gives this site credit.

Its a small percentage but the referel credit applies to anything you buy, not just blu-ray. Be careful though, visiting other sites stores cookies for referrel as well, you should clear out your cookies regurally.

Top of the page, click TOOLS, Internet options at the bottom, and you will see a delete cookies tab, confirm. You should do this regurally as youd be suprised the crap you pick up surfing
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 12:33 AM   #8
sj001 sj001 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
sj001's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Rochester, NY
317
17
5
Default

I do all of my ordering though the links on this site, glad to help out, but nice to hear that I only have to follow the link once. I kept going back out, and clicking the link again each time I wanted to add a movie to my cart.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 05:16 AM   #9
blackhawktraffic blackhawktraffic is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
blackhawktraffic's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Upland, CA
17
18
4
228
Default

Glad to know also, will make sure to order through here from now on
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 04:32 PM   #10
saprano saprano is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
saprano's Avatar
 
Oct 2007
Bronx, New York
467
2
8
Send a message via AIM to saprano
Default

So if you just click the link is that good enough? or we have to buy it also? Iv bought about 4 movies using the blu-ray.com link.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2008, 09:51 PM   #11
jw jw is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
jw's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
USA
519
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by saprano View Post
So if you just click the link is that good enough? or we have to buy it also? Iv bought about 4 movies using the blu-ray.com link.
yes, that does it. Also clicking the google ads on the page, you gain an incremental per click fee from them, not much but all ads up.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2008, 08:42 PM   #12
Lucy Diamond Lucy Diamond is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Lucy Diamond's Avatar
 
Apr 2008
The Tomb of Annihilation
-
-
-
-
2
3
Default

I just wanna say how much I appreciate however you guys code this site.

For some reason, this site never registers as an "online community" and I can access it all day at work.

Please keep this the same way!!!

Thanks so much guys.

Later,
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:33 AM   #13
Mojo21 Mojo21 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbbud View Post
I find that sticky kind of dishonest and I really do not want to offend anyone. As a fellow affliate marketer, I know how tough it is to pull in sales because let's face it, what real reason to people have to buy from you and not Amazon, Ebay, etc.?

Blu-ray.com is sitting on a gold mine domain and if affiliate marketing is the way they want to go, that is great. But to word it like you depend on free commisions to keep this site running really bothers me.

The owners of blu-ray.com are making an exorbitant amount of money by capitalizing on amazon's awesome company and a great domain name. I can tell you without a doubt how very little of their profits are needed to run this site.

And no, amazon does not need the money either but without them there are blu-ray.com sales. Without blu-ray.com there is still an Amazon. That's my 2 cents.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:44 AM   #14
jw jw is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
jw's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
USA
519
Default

Quote:
I find that sticky kind of dishonest and I really do not want to offend anyone. As a fellow affliate marketer, I know how tough it is to pull in sales because let's face it, what real reason to people have to buy from you and not Amazon, Ebay, etc.?

Blu-ray.com is sitting on a gold mine domain and if affiliate marketing is the way they want to go, that is great. But to word it like you depend on free commisions to keep this site running really bothers me.

The owners of blu-ray.com are making an exorbitant amount of money by capitalizing on amazon's awesome company and a great domain name. I can tell you without a doubt how very little of their profits are needed to run this site.

And no, amazon does not need the money either but without them there are blu-ray.com sales. Without blu-ray.com there is still an Amazon. That's my 2 cents.

and you are advertising your site in your signature and its alright for you to use the "gold mine" here to do that? I know the forum rules forbid that but noone really calls anyone out for it. Regardless whether you think they need the money, people ask and thats why the sticky was created
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 04:58 AM   #15
Mojo21 Mojo21 is offline
Member
 
Aug 2008
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwbbud View Post
and you are advertising your site in your signature and its alright for you to use the "gold mine" here to do that? I know the forum rules forbid that but noone really calls anyone out for it. Regardless whether you think they need the money, people ask and thats why the sticky was created
Touchy. I think it's great there is a sticky for clarification. I don't see what that explanation has to do with the pitch that follows. They own the site, it is their perogative to post that, I just gave my opinion. And if you think my sig parallels that and forms some sort of hypocrisy well fine, that is your opinion - I happen to think they are entirely different forms of promotion.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:40 AM   #16
Zaphod Zaphod is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Zaphod's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
A small planet somewhere in the vicinity of Betelgeuse.
350
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo21 View Post
The owners of blu-ray.com are making an exorbitant amount of money by capitalizing on amazon's awesome company and a great domain name. I can tell you without a doubt how very little of their profits are needed to run this site.

And no, amazon does not need the money either but without them there are blu-ray.com sales. Without blu-ray.com there is still an Amazon. That's my 2 cents.
I don't really get your point of the arguement on this point. It seems that you are arguing that Blu-ray.com is taking advantage of Amazon.com. That would make no sense, because if that was the case then Amazon would not have this program available...

Last edited by Zaphod; 09-12-2008 at 05:47 AM.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 05:58 AM   #17
doctorsteve doctorsteve is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
doctorsteve's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
Tonawanda, NY
15
188
16
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo21 View Post
I find that sticky kind of dishonest and I really do not want to offend anyone. As a fellow affliate marketer, I know how tough it is to pull in sales because let's face it, what real reason to people have to buy from you and not Amazon, Ebay, etc.?
I posted the original question that resulted in the Sticky from Iceman. My question dealt only with the rumor that B-r.C is financed, in part, by income derived from purchases made by following links from B-r.C to Amazon.

If you're to take any issue with the Sticky, then it should be that I mentioned Amazon, and not the site you list in your sig (which I've never heard of - no offense meant).

Amazon has become THE favorite alternative to Brick & Mortar stores for selection and price on BD's. (Though I'm sure I don't have to tell you that)

I'm not clear on what you find dishonest about it... Iceman's response answered my original question perfectly, and since I wasn't the only one - it would seem - with that question, I'm glad he felt it was worth Stickying...

Cheers, Doc.

Last edited by doctorsteve; 09-12-2008 at 06:11 AM. Reason: Spellling...
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:30 AM   #18
toef toef is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
toef's Avatar
 
May 2008
Isla Nublar
1
4
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mojo21 View Post
I find that sticky kind of dishonest and I really do not want to offend anyone. As a fellow affliate marketer, I know how tough it is to pull in sales because let's face it, what real reason to people have to buy from you and not Amazon, Ebay, etc.?

Blu-ray.com is sitting on a gold mine domain and if affiliate marketing is the way they want to go, that is great. But to word it like you depend on free commisions to keep this site running really bothers me.
I agree in the sense that I hate when hosts of websites play the pity card, and try to get their users to either buy stuff through affiliate links, or just send a donation through PayPal, because it always sounds disingenuous.

We're not stupid enough to think that a website costs lots of money to run. Isn't vBulletin a 1-time charge, and then it's good forever (unless you want updates, or phone/tech-support)? Has the cost of oil really increased bandwidth prices?

Although while we're on the topic of stupid, I admit it was many weeks before I realized this site was in no way officially related to Blu-Ray.

Anyway, how much do you think B-r.com is really pulling in as an affiliate? They get what, 8.5% for BD purchases? So on your average $20 disc, that's a whopping $1.70. Multiply that by however many discs sold a day (probably not a lot), extrapolate that out to a week, then a year, and I don't think the guy owning this site is swimming in a pool full of gold coins, a la Scrooge McDuck.

Just be glad that he's (or she's?) decided to make money as an Amazon affiliate, rather than hideous ads all over the place (be it AdSense, or any other appalling method).
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2008, 06:46 AM   #19
jw jw is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
jw's Avatar
 
Apr 2007
USA
519
Default

Quote:
Anyway, how much do you think B-r.com is really pulling in as an affiliate? They get what, 8.5% for BD purchases? So on your average $20 disc, that's a whopping $1.70. Multiply that by however many discs sold a day (probably not a lot), extrapolate that out to a week, then a year, and I don't think the guy owning this site is swimming in a pool full of gold coins, a la Scrooge McDuck.
1.70 is an overestimate, its roughly 4-6%
Quote:
Just be glad that he's (or she's?) decided to make money as an Amazon affiliate, rather than hideous ads all over the place (be it AdSense, or any other appalling method).
agreed, pages load here much faster than places like HDD
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-13-2008, 04:08 PM   #20
AliceT AliceT is offline
Banned
 
AliceT's Avatar
 
Mar 2008
PSN ID- damreg1022
Default

HMmm I had no idea about the credit from linking from this site. Guess when i order movies ill have to do that.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Feedback Forum

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Blu-ray Customer Support Numbers/Links Blu-ray Movies - North America Sussudio 24 09-22-2021 06:55 PM
Blu-ray.com Amazon links? Blu-ray Movies - North America Paranormal 1 07-20-2009 11:44 AM
I'd love to support this forum by ordering Blu-ray from Amazon, but Amazon not cheap General Chat quitemouse 30 03-18-2009 03:30 AM
Amazon informs of Warner's support of Blu-ray Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology olarmy96 41 01-26-2008 09:40 AM
Links to Studio Support Announcement threads Blu-ray Movies - North America zombie 0 02-21-2006 01:52 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 05:34 PM.