Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
X-Men Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

The Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
12 hrs ago
This Is the End (Blu-ray)
$5.00

Bull Durham (Blu-ray)
$18.96

The Matrix 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

Midnight Cowboy (Blu-ray)
$18.96

Blue Planet II 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.96

Crimson Peak (Blu-ray)
$36.68

Predator 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96

Outlander: Season Three (Blu-ray)
$19.96

The Awful Truth (Blu-ray)
$18.96

The Spy Who Dumped Me (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 07-12-2017, 01:52 AM   #21
Power Member

Dec 2009
NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by kickpuncher View Post
JB Hi-Fi also have listings for the 4K Blu-ray and what seems to be the exclusive steelbook.

Blu-ray (steelbook): https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...-vol-2/464656/

UHD: https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...-vol-2/464652/
Woah at the 4K price, it's a couple dollars cheaper for me to get the US import (which I will be doing anyway).
Old 07-12-2017, 03:06 AM   #22

Jan 2017
Fkn Newy

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell_packet View Post
Woah at the 4K price, it's a couple dollars cheaper for me to get the US import (which I will be doing anyway).
It'll come down in price I think. Cevolution noted that the in-store price was $49.98 but they always drop a week or two from release date. Going from past experience with Disney prices it'll most likely be $39.98 AUD though I wouldn't be surprised if it's a bit higher
Old 07-12-2017, 09:20 AM   #23

Aug 2010

36.99 at Sanity.

http://www.sanity.com.au/products/23...__Blu-ray__UHD
Old 07-12-2017, 10:44 AM   #24
Power Member

Jul 2012

If one compares the cover art of the Sanity UHD and the JB HiFI UHD, they are different (although cover art not final).

Thus, I am hazarding a guess, or should I say a hope, that the difference in price (as JB is $54 vs. Sanity $37ish) is because the JB UHD is a steelbook...
Set-up: Sony 108cm KDL-43W800C 1080p LED TV |
Yamaha RX-V385 5.1 Ch 4K AV Receiver [Dolby TrueHD/DTS-HD MA], NS-BR301 Front L/R Centre, NS-E55 Rear L/R, NS-SW050 Subwoofer
Sony UBP-X700 UHD BD Player, Panasonic DMR BWT450 BD Recorder, Sony PS4 (500GB), Sony PS3 (40GB), US Sony BDP-S590 BD Player (Region A) |
Give me Blu-Ray or give me death...
Streaming sucks!
Respect the filmmakers intentions; Respect the the OAR
Old 07-12-2017, 12:51 PM   #25

Jan 2017
Fkn Newy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rick Grimes View Post
If one compares the cover art of the Sanity UHD and the JB HiFI UHD, they are different (although cover art not final).

Thus, I am hazarding a guess, or should I say a hope, that the difference in price (as JB is $54 vs. Sanity $37ish) is because the JB UHD is a steelbook...
Hmm, that's a possibility. I've got the 4K ordered there so I might give them a ring in the morning to see if it says anything about it being a steelbook.
Old 07-12-2017, 10:06 PM   #26
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

I'd much prefer to grab the US Best Buy version (3D / 4K) - but it requires having to use a 3rd party for shipping. Any suggestions ??
Old 07-13-2017, 05:54 AM   #27

Jan 2017
Fkn Newy

Confirmed: UHD is $39.98 at JB

https://www.jbhifi.com.au/movies-tv-...-vol-2/464652/

They've also updated the listing for the steelbook with the artwork.

Thanks given by:
bell_packet (07-13-2017), hdgfs (07-13-2017)
Old 07-13-2017, 07:43 AM   #28
Power Member

Dec 2009
NZ

Pre-orders are up at Mighty Ape and 4K is $49.99 here. :/

https://www.mightyape.co.nz/product/...ay-4k/26846139
Old 07-13-2017, 11:34 AM   #29
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid

lol $50aud for a film, any films is way, way to much.
Display: Panasonic 65vt60 with a darbee darblet, Benq w7000.
Audio: Benchmark Dac1 ->DNA Sonett -> Sennheiser HD800 (balanced).
Thanks given by:
jedidaniel (07-14-2017)
Old 07-16-2017, 08:33 PM   #30
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2011
New Zealand

I hope it doesn't stay at that price. Bloody Disney.
My Whole Collection: http://ganny01.filmaf.com/owned
Old 08-24-2017, 07:00 AM   #31
Power Member

Dec 2009
NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hucksta G View Post
I hope it doesn't stay at that price. Bloody Disney.
Mighty Ape always sucks for prices, the UHD is $44 at JB.

I was looking at it instore today and I thought it was interesting that while the other versions all had the (huge, ugly) NZ ratings printed on them, the UHD was still in plastic and they'd stuck our rating sticker on that. So I guess we're getting them directly from Aussie.
Thanks given by:
LordCrumb (08-24-2017)
Old 08-24-2017, 10:35 AM   #32

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell_packet View Post
Mighty Ape always sucks for prices, the UHD is $44 at JB.

I was looking at it instore today and I thought it was interesting that while the other versions all had the (huge, ugly) NZ ratings printed on them, the UHD was still in plastic and they'd stuck our rating sticker on that. So I guess we're getting them directly from Aussie.
Is it come practice for them to stick rating stickers on the slicks of blu rays? I did my first order with them few months back and to be honest never again.
They looked second hand or should i say in a shelf with years of wear and even had broken cases.
To top it off whichvi never knew the rating stickers on the slick with some not even an effort to put on right.
Obviously they was all unsealed but was purchased as new. Ok they are older titles but even so jb in australia has many old titles available in store still sealed,if not then they will put on on.
I now need to buy cases to make them look better,they rating stickers really big me,all discs seem ok.
I was told if not happy to send back for refund,if it had been jb here i maybe would have.
But as i cant find these titles elsewhere i decided to keep.
Whats the chances if i did buy more stuff they come sealed or even if slipcover is exclusive will it come with one im unsure.
Old 08-25-2017, 12:25 AM   #33
Power Member

Dec 2009
NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatt99 View Post
Is it come practice for them to stick rating stickers on the slicks of blu rays? I did my first order with them few months back and to be honest never again.
That's SOP in NZ, our ratings stickers are generally put directly over the Aussie one. Occasionally you'll have them on the plastic wrap, but that's not particularly common. And yeah, some of them can be done a bit messily with it coming off the bottom of the slick. They are also unfortunately huge, which is why I buy a lot from overseas for movies I really like, I hate the art being so unnecessarily covered.

I've only ordered online from JB once and that was at least 4 years ago now, but I remember I got copies that had shelf wear as well, so you'll definitely get them in the same state if you buy from them again.
Old 08-25-2017, 02:55 AM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2016

I've only ever ordered a CD from JB NZ, came with a broken jewelcase and faded spine.. I never have issues with shelf wear from the local store except one ultra-discounted Boardwalk Empire Season 2 which had a split in the corner of the spine and the corner of the slick was a bit damaged, but that's probably why it was $10..
Old 08-25-2017, 09:44 PM   #35
Power Member

Jun 2008
Perth

Yep it's got Variable Aspect Ratios. Not that it helps the movie at all.
That there is one damn fine coat you're wearing.

4K UHD - The Experts Agree, Occasionally it's a little better!

Wanted: The Deadly Spawn
Thanks given by:
donthitpause (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 10:58 PM   #36
Power Member

Dec 2009
NZ

Quote:
Originally Posted by bwatt99 View Post
To top it off whichvi never knew the rating stickers on the slick with some not even an effort to put on right.
Funnily enough I went into the Warehouse yesterday and was browsing through the BD section, and came across this travesty:

I can't say it's a common occurrence, but yeah, sometimes they don't even try.

And to bring it back to Vol 2 they had a bunch of DVDs, both 2D and 3D BDs, but no 4K at the store I went to. Hopefully they sold out and it wasn't because they didn't get any. I'm thinking it's the former though since that branch does have a bunch of 4K discs for sale.
Thanks given by:
Davidian (08-25-2017)
Old 08-25-2017, 10:59 PM   #37
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
Looking for early reports -- some of the US folks looking for 3D options are asking about the aspect ratio of the 3D disc. Is it fixed like the 4K/2D or variable like the US disc?
as noted in the above post... yep... it has variable aspect ratios.

My Best Buy 3D 4K copy is on it's way .... .... soon to join the BB version for Vol1 in my collection. Looking forward to 3D projector double feature night soon. (Tonight - I think it will be Kong Skull Island 3D)
Thanks given by:
Davidian (08-25-2017)
Old 08-26-2017, 01:55 AM   #38
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The Grid

Quote:
Looking for early reports -- some of the US folks looking for 3D options are asking about the aspect ratio of the 3D disc. Is it fixed like the 4K/2D or variable like the US disc?

In the past I remember Disney pretty much using the same video worldwide, but always looking for exceptions.

I guess anyone with Region capability give the thumbs up on Region Free. nearly 100% sure this if region free last the vast majority of Disney, but inevitably someone will ask if it's been confirmed yet since retailers always list them as B

EDIT: I did see the 2D were confirmed Region Free. Earlier I had just looked on the 3D items which haven't been labeled, but I've never known a 3D to be locked when the 2D is region free ( a couple odd items the other direction though)
I can confirm it works in region a and region b, have not tested c but can if anyone wants me to.
Display: Panasonic 65vt60 with a darbee darblet, Benq w7000.
Audio: Benchmark Dac1 ->DNA Sonett -> Sennheiser HD800 (balanced).
Old 08-26-2017, 06:11 AM   #39
Special Member

May 2009
Sydney Australia

Quote:
Were you able to use BBY through a reshipper, Ebay, or a different solution?

I ended up trying a re-shipper - trying UStoOz - this is what they ended up quoting/pricing

- The shipping weight is 1 pound 3 ounces.
- The exchange rate used in the calculations below is .766 which is the spot rate of .791 less the .025 discount.
- The US to OZ fee is 4.5 % of the goods plus shipping total, with a minimum fee of $12.00 AUD.

The quotes below are obtained from USPS and are valid for 24 hours from the time of this email.

- First Class Mail International (2 - 6 weeks on average, no specified time frame)

- Option 1a Total (no insurance): $41.70 AUD (includes US to OZ's service fee of $12.00 AUD)

This was for 3 discs (GoTG Vol2 3D 4K, La La Land 4K, Kong Skull Island 3D/4K - two steelbooks in this......I now have 2 copies of Kong due to a mix up.. one has arrived and one is coming .. so I might end up selling one) + plus they stored 2 discs for about 3 weeks whilst GoTG arrived.

Not sure if UStoOz is the cheapest - but given the price of some other re-shippers it looks like it was OK to 'test out'.

(* when you start looking at US shipping - the Amazon prices look pretty good in comparison !!)

EDIT : UPDATE - the shipping took an AMAZING 3 DAYS from the US !!

Last edited by shireguy; 08-30-2017 at 10:30 PM.
Old 08-30-2017, 10:27 PM   #40
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2009
Tokyo

Can anyone list the audio and subtitles for the 4K disc and/or the 3D disc? I see a lot of conflicting information.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia