Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Twin Peaks: A Limited Event Series (Blu-ray)
$29.99
1 hr ago
Mary Poppins Returns (Blu-ray)
$28.28
13 hrs ago
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$64.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

How to Train Your Dragon 1 & 2 (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Hellboy Animated 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.29
20 hrs ago
Fantomas 1960s Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.03

Rocky (Blu-ray)
$25.01

If Beale Street Could Talk (Blu-ray)
$19.99

2001: A Space Odyssey 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99

A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Kimagure Orange Road (Blu-ray)
$63.68

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors

Old Yesterday, 07:03 PM   #50041

Aug 2018
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by fred25_Ca View Post
Just learned that Code red released last year the monster movie The being on blu ray. Can't find any reviews or comments about it. Anyone has seen the blu ray? How is it? Thanks!
I'm a Martin Landau fan (grew up with Space: 1999 reruns), so I picked up The Being on Blu-ray. For a very low-budget monster movie, the AV quality is quite good. I'm trying to recall the extras, but the only one I can remember is a commentary with director Jackie Kong, which was very entertaining and informative. The film itself does drag in places and there is some questionable acting (the lead hero is an amateur actor who was married to Kong at the time), but it's a lot of fun.
Thanks given by:
fred25_Ca (Today), TwiStedByDeSign86 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 07:15 PM   #50042
Special Member

Mar 2014

Quote:
Just learned that Code red released last year the monster movie The being on blu ray. Can't find any reviews or comments about it. Anyone has seen the blu ray? How is it? Thanks!
I upgraded from the DVD, and ended up watching it last October. The Blu looks better than I expected, but it's still dark in some scenes. Just go into it knowing that it's a Code Red turd, and you shouldn't be too disappointed.
Thanks given by:
dawnofthediscs (Yesterday), fred25_Ca (Today)
Old Yesterday, 07:18 PM   #50043
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2012

Quote:
Just learned that Code red released last year
the monster movie The being on blu ray.
Can't find any reviews or comments about it.
http://mondo-digital.com/being.html
Old Today, 05:17 AM   #50044
Power Member

Feb 2017
Los Angeles

Dark Force on Facebook:

Quote:
BANANA MAN: HELL IN A CELL- Ladies and gentlemen your kind attention please. While we understand many of your frustration regarding the current Code Red new release SCREAMS OF A WINTER NIGHT with all due respect Banana Man is sitting in a decrepit rehab center with no use of his right arm, unable to walk on his own and in diapers with plenty of time to read every post on here and the forums. He is very upset with all the people complaining that they can't have the movie now while he is fighting for his life and in need of a kidney for survival. Furthermore he is threatening not to release any more of the inventory after we sell the batch we just got in from his cousin! He says he is in hell right now and doesn't need the aggravation. So there you have it. The Dark Force Superstore is reopening this weekend with what may very well be the last batch of SOAWN until further notice from the president of Code Red himself!:
Old Today, 05:28 AM   #50045

Jan 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by indravayu View Post
Dark Force on Facebook:
Old Today, 05:48 AM   #50046
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by indravayu View Post
Dark Force on Facebook:
All I heard was blah, blah, blah...

Bill should be upset with DeFalco for selling the majority of the copies to scalpers since hoarders is fleabay. Maybe DeFalco can help out his friend by having his underwear washed for him so he no longer has to wear diapers.
Thanks given by:
Davidian (Today)
Old Today, 06:33 AM   #50047
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

ebay scalpers right now hearing that this is about to go the Necromancy route:
Thanks given by:
AKNewbie (Today), Brutalizer79 (Today), TwiStedByDeSign86 (Today), xXx$uicide_Ma$terxXx (Today)
Old Today, 06:42 AM   #50048
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

BTW, sneaky good way to sell inventory. Threaten to release only 200 to start. Build demand after they sell out from anger. Put more out. Repeat. Then start threatening to not sale anymore after the next batch, which will cause people to buy that batch. Hold out, get people more pissed. Then 'hey, we fought to get some more, this might be it for real this time!', on and on.
Thanks given by:
Old Today, 07:36 AM   #50049
Power Member

Oct 2010
north star

Best wishes, Bill.
Old Today, 08:01 AM   #50050
Special Member

Jun 2014

The Bill situation is oddly conflicting. His condition makes me sad because it is terrible and he deserves better. I feel terrible for him, of course, as we all should. Given how many times in my life I've been suffering and the thing that got me through it was a stack of Code Red releases, with Lifeforce added in, he is a person I genuinely believe actually matters. But the fact that he is finally getting the kind of care that can significantly improve his quality of life makes me happy for him. Dialysis clears the mind, by literally clearing toxins that can cross the blood brain barrier, and takes away a lot of the terrible renal impairment side effects like falling asleep, falling down, getting confused. He's finally getting the care he needs. I'm glad he is being cared for. Once they get him back on his feet, he can select a facility and move for a while. Mayo in Florida is good. Apparently they have a different population pool, allowing for more organs to less patients needing them. But there are far more transplant centers, at this point, than when my first family member got a transplant.

Point is, Bill matters more than the films he puts out, precisely because he has been the guy who put them out when no one else would and he did a wonderful job. Yes, DF will put more copies of SoaWN up, but that isn't the most important thing.
Old Today, 09:24 AM   #50051
Power Member

Dec 2010
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by SpiderBaby View Post
BTW, sneaky good way to sell inventory. Threaten to release only 200 to start. Build demand after they sell out from anger. Put more out. Repeat. Then start threatening to not sale anymore after the next batch, which will cause people to buy that batch. Hold out, get people more pissed. Then 'hey, we fought to get some more, this might be it for real this time!', on and on.
It's a power thing I guess. Imagine snapping your fingers and everyone rolls over.
Who wouldn't have fun with that?
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America > Studios and Distributors