Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Hellboy (Blu-ray)
$5.00
5 hrs ago
Color Out of Space 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Inner Sanctum Mysteries (Blu-ray)
$46.49

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$31.50
4 hrs ago
The Great Escape (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Scorsese Shorts (Blu-ray)
$29.49
23 hrs ago
Little Women (Blu-ray)
$19.95

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Solid Metal Nightmares: The Films of Shinya Tsukamoto (Blu-ray)
$72.99

1917 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Code Geass: Lelouch of the Re;surrection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Birds of Prey (And the Fantabulous Emancipation of One Harley Quinn) 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old Today, 05:45 AM   #20541
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Like people have said before, itís just a bigger slice of a shrinking cake. Not sure what your point is here? Unless you are getting unduly excited about a dead in the water format that canít hope to compete with subscription streaming. EST, Evaporating streaming trash.
That gave me a good laugh!
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (Today), Wendell R. Breland (Today)
Old Today, 06:04 AM   #20542
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2011
End of the line

Here's a Walmart anecdote especially for alchav as he values anecdotes above any mere factual industry data:

My local super duper Walmart no longer sells digital codes for movies. They dabbled in offering those little cards with movie codes on them for a brief time, but they are all gone now along with the displays that held them. By alchavian "logic" that can only mean that no one wants digital codes. Digital codes certainly "evaporated" from my local Walmart.

But guess what they still sell on displays that are as large as ever? They still sell DVDs, blu-rays, and 4K discs. My local Walmart knew which to keep and which to dump.

Last edited by Vilya; Today at 06:32 AM.
Thanks given by:
sapiendut (Today), Steedeel (Today), Wendell R. Breland (Today)
Old Today, 12:17 PM   #20543
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Vilya, I was thinking about our discussion last year when watching tv last night. A host was suggesting to a Climate warrior that if they are to be taken seriously, they need to lead by example and get rid of their petrol car and TV set, laptop and tablet. My goodness, that type of conversation makes me very nervous!
Old Today, 12:17 PM   #20544
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
That gave me a good laugh!
I do my best.
Old Today, 02:52 PM   #20545
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2006
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
Maybe you should check your facts before you post. From the DEG End Of 2019 Report:
It appears you are still angry over HD-DVD losing the HD disc war. It has been about 12 years now since the demise of HD-DVD so you should be getting over your hate for anything Blu-ray.
Old Today, 02:59 PM   #20546

Jun 2016
Wisconsin

Now that Walmart is in talks to sell VUDU to Comcast (FandangoNow), I may just switch back to discs. The AppleTV app on my Roku Ultra is nice but it doesn't give you the iTunes Extras.
Old Today, 02:59 PM   #20547
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2006
North Carolina

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
You are the only person that I have come across that can not do simple arithmetic.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lee A Stewart View Post
Maybe you should check your facts before you post. From the DEG End Of 2019 Report:
Well I have another one that has math problems.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (Today)
Old Today, 05:31 PM   #20548

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Quote:
Originally Posted by wendell r. Breland View Post
it appears you are still angry over hd-dvd losing the hd disc war. It has been about 12 years now since the demise of hd-dvd so you should be getting over your hate for anything blu-ray.
rotf lmfao!
Old Today, 05:39 PM   #20549

Nov 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
Here's a Walmart anecdote especially for alchav as he values anecdotes above any mere factual industry data:

My local super duper Walmart no longer sells digital codes for movies. They dabbled in offering those little cards with movie codes on them for a brief time, but they are all gone now along with the displays that held them. By alchavian "logic" that can only mean that no one wants digital codes. Digital codes certainly "evaporated" from my local Walmart.

But guess what they still sell on displays that are as large as ever? They still sell DVDs, blu-rays, and 4K discs. My local Walmart knew which to keep and which to dump.
What stupid logic. People who buy digital, purchase through devices. They donít go to the store. Thatís the whole point of buying digitally. Digital sales are and subscriptions are on the rise. Physical media is declining rapidly. You canít change facts with bad logic.
Old Today, 05:55 PM   #20550
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by cminer72 View Post
What stupid logic. People who buy digital, purchase through devices. They donít go to the store. Thatís the whole point of buying digitally. Digital sales are and subscriptions are on the rise. Physical media is declining rapidly. You canít change facts with bad logic.
If you honestly think digital HD sales are healthy, I have some time share properties you may be interested in?

Even the industry have lost interest in digital HD. When was the last time you read about how excited the industry is about Digital HD? A clue, itís a long long time ago. The type of growth we are seeing with Digital HD suggests it will peak very soon and thatís a very bad thing. Those single digits are just nowhere near good enough.

Subscription on the other hand is a success in terms of viewing figures. Even then, expect a lot of services with ads starting up in the next year or two. It will basically become just like cable tv.
Thanks given by:
Krizzle1 (Today)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology