Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
A Clockwork Orange 4K (Blu-ray)
$26.99
1 day ago
Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.60
22 hrs ago
Doom Patrol: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
13 hrs ago
Parks and Recreation: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$58.10
22 hrs ago
Rick and Morty: Season 4 (Blu-ray)
$11.99
14 hrs ago
Shadow of the Thin Man (Blu-ray)
$17.99
4 hrs ago
Wonder Woman 1984 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.60
22 hrs ago
Indiana Jones: 4-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$63.50

Suspiria 4K (Blu-ray)
$33.10
22 hrs ago
Old 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Children of the Corn 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

The Rockford Files: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$43.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 06-09-2021, 05:37 PM   #31881

Dec 2014
Georgia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vilya View Post
I am home now after a 10 day stay at two hospitals. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has wished me well.

I have had so much done to me and I am so extremely weak; everything is ten times harder to do than it should be. When my own future is in clearer focus, I hope to return to the everlasting debate about the future of physical, digital, and home video.

I enjoy all of you...even those with whom I have strongly disagreed. I apologize for the times when I have gone too far; I can get carried away sometimes. Thank you all again for thinking of me.
Good to have you back! I hope the rest of your recovery goes well.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (06-09-2021), Vilya (06-16-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 05:59 PM   #31882
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
Been meaning to ask, do you use the Apple remote or another remote to control your Apple TV? If another, which one? I hope these are not redundant questions, if so, I apologize.

It's all good Wendell, I'm not as tech savvy as I should be on some things. I have the new APTV4K, so I've been using the new remote. I like it enough. It's a bit thicker than the old one and I can actually get a feel for the buttons -- there's traction there. It also has a power off button that turns the APTV4K completely off instead of just waiting for it to power off.
Thanks given by:
Wendell R. Breland (06-09-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 06:41 PM   #31883

Jul 2010
USA

best of luck in your recovery Vilya
Thanks given by:
bhampton (06-09-2021), Vilya (06-16-2021)
Old 06-09-2021, 10:58 PM   #31884

May 2021
USA

What is the relationship between theaters and physical media? Seems like in the past theaters were the main obstacle preventing movies from being released on disc earlier but with the shortening of the exclusive theatrical window will discs be released earlier? If it somehow gets to a point where there's only streaming and disc would more people be inclined to purchase physically to have the best movie-watching experience?
Old 06-09-2021, 11:09 PM   #31885
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wendell R. Breland View Post
It would appear you have done well for yourself adding immersive audio, sub-woofers, etc.

I just like to see what others think about the new Apple TV and how they control it. Do you have Playback HUD enabled on yours?

I do not have playback HUD installed. I looked at it and it looks complicated to run, or at least port over.
Old 06-10-2021, 01:49 AM   #31886
Special Member

Feb 2010

Quote:
I am home now after a 10 day stay at two hospitals. I just wanted to say thank you to everyone who has wished me well.

I have had so much done to me and I am so extremely weak; everything is ten times harder to do than it should be. When my own future is in clearer focus, I hope to return to the everlasting debate about the future of physical, digital, and home video.

I enjoy all of you...even those with whom I have strongly disagreed. I apologize for the times when I have gone too far; I can get carried away sometimes. Thank you all again for thinking of me.
After a long and tough day at work, it is nice to see this post. I am sure your cat is excited to have you home. Do us all a favor and be a good patient and follow all of the doctors’ orders for your recovery. Welcome back!
Thanks given by:
bhampton (06-10-2021), Ender14 (06-10-2021), Steedeel (06-10-2021), Vilya (06-16-2021), Wendell R. Breland (06-10-2021)
Old 06-10-2021, 09:26 PM   #31887

Jun 2011
Default Future OF Physical Media And Other So On.

With Amazon buying MGM how do you see the future of the future of Physical Media, Watching TV Shows, Going To The Movies, etc..... Beside what would happen to James Bond and how would it go in the future.

-Would consumers/shoppers be forced to join a streaming service in order to buy or watch certain movies and TV shows?

-A streaming service is telling us that the only way. If we decide not to be with that streaming service we can’t watch that movie or TV series anymore say like the 9th time or 22nd time.

-Could it be like they are in control how it should be for us.

-With TV shows made for streaming, it might never go to any networks syndication or physical media. Same with movies. Some TV shows and movies are just going to stay on streaming. For movies, ones that could be big name might not be put in theaters at all. IF people don't join the streaming service they just will never see it? Examples of movies and TV shows still not or may never be on physical media and shown on a network like ABC, CBS or NBC, even syndication,
Bosch
Greyhound
The Marvelous Mrs. Maisel
Little Voice
Snoopy in Space
Lady And The Tramp
The Mandalorian
The Aeronauts
Homecoming
The Morning Show

-Would some or certain DVD, Blu-ray and 4Ks can only be brought on Amazon. That we might not see it at Target, Best Buy, Barnes and Noble and Walmart. Even mom and pop music/video stores that sell new and use will not be able to order it in to sell at the full SRP. When we go to the mall or store, and suddenly say go look for this new movie or TV series. Like it should be released already on physical media. Even hope what they hear would be on DVD and Blu-ray in the near future, like One Day At Disney and Beyond The Attraction.

-Would how streaming going, would that lead companies like Daewoo, LG, OPPO, Pioneer, Samsung, Panasonic, Sony, JVC and Sanyo to slow down or stop making Blu-ray and 4K players. That consumers/shoppers would not see a 79.99, 99.99, 200.00 or a 999.99 one, in stores like Best Buy, Costco, Target, Sam's Club, Sears or Specialty Home Theater And Audio stores. Even just two or three choices. When they want to buy another one for another part of the house or replace one. Would it be the only way is to buy a use one at a thrift store or garage sale?

-Well there be less movie theaters, since Warner Bros started the in theaters and you can stream it with there HBOmax. Other studios are doing that. With the pandemic Disney was just trying to find the right time to put in theaters. When they couldn't, they just put Mulan on streaming. As I heard it was $30 something just to watch that on streaming. Does it cost more or less to watch it on streaming vs. at the movie theater.

-Hopefully a lot of people still care for big screens that still way way larger then 100 in. 4k TV and stuff like IMAX, etc… That NOT on any HD TV or streaming at all.

-There will be people out there that don’t want to pay for every streaming service that there is. Some people when they cut cable, they are going back to using an antenna, not moving over to streaming and using an antenna. How many out there can afford to pay for all the streaming services or even just Cable, but not will all the goods on their plan at all. Think of the low income, lower middle class and those that are disable and dependent, who are on Retirement, Survivors, Disability Insurance (RSDI).

-Will watching with an Antenna or Cable box, that some channels will NOT have shows or anything in the middle of the night again. Even like the early years of TV again, where not much at all, all day. With what happening now. It be like a mix of the 50s and the 80s. Streaming is like the way to go.

-Three or four years ago, there was tech or media news. That Apple’s iTune can remove or delete any movies people buy there. That you don’t own, or it more how we see fit for you.

-I just hope NO STREAMING Service will be the one to start doing this at all. Even want to be the one to lead the way and get it happening. That would be sad and little sick. Hope Amazon buying MGM studio, will NOT be the one to lead the way.

So how do you see and view this?

Last edited by syndicate; 06-10-2021 at 09:33 PM.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:00 PM   #31888
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester

Quote:

Hope to see you online soon, get well.
Thanks given by:
Vilya (06-16-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 08:03 PM   #31889
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2009

‘Loki’ First-Day Viewership Scores Record For Disney+/Marvel Series, Per Samba TV - Deadline 6/10

Quote:
How popular are Marvel series on Disney+? Extremely.

Samba TV reports that Loki’s Wednesday premiere drew 890K U.S. households, which the third-party streaming stat org said is “the largest US premiere-day audience for any of Marvel’s Disney+ shows.”

Loki‘s 890k households bested the first day of The Falcon and the Winter Solider (759k) and WandaVision (655k). Loki‘s viewership also bests the four-day premiere weekend of Cruella on Disney+, but that pic was available to subscribers at $29.99.

“Clearly, the growing number of household tuning in on Day 1 proves that the Marvel Disney+ series are growing in momentum,” reports SambaTV.

SambaTV previously clocked 1.7 million households who tuned into Falcon and the Winter Soldier‘s first weekend and 1.6M for WandaVision over its first three-day frame.

SambaTV measures streaming viewership in 3 million terrestrial smart TV households for at least five minutes.

One non-Disney studio insider complained to me that SambaTV’s numbers don’t tell the whole picture because they don’t include mobile viewers.

Those streaming services have no room to talk: Just report your viewership numbers and stop whining.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (06-11-2021), Steedeel (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 08:09 PM   #31890
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2009

‘The Witcher’ Season 2 Teaser Reveals New Ciri Footage - Hollywood Reporter 6/11

Quote:
Netflix released some new footage from season two of The Witcher on Friday.

The content, part of Netflix’s Geeked Week promotion, reveals about 15 seconds of Ciri’s (Freya Allan) journey.

It’s not yet clear if footage of other characters is going to be released as well, but check back on this post later today for any updates.

The company also announced an event called WitcherCon for July 9, and it seems a good bet that a full trailer will be revealed then. The event covers the Netflix series as well as the video game franchise — both based on books by Polish author Andrzej Sapkowski — and will air on Twitch and YouTube.

The Witcher season two has eight episodes that are expected to air sometime in late 2021. Stars Henry Cavill (Geralt of Rivia), Anya Chalotra (Yennefer of Vengerberg) and Allan all return along with several new castmembers, including Kristofer Hivju (who played Tormund Giantsbane on Game of Thrones) as Nivellen.

Production on the second season of the Netflix fantasy drama was shut down in March 2020 due to the coronavirus pandemic. Production resumed in August and then wrapped in April of this year.

After the breakout popularity of the first season in 2019, Netflix has also announced a six-part live-action prequel series titled Blood Origin and starring Jodie Turner-Smith. The prequel tells the story of the first Witcher. An animated movie is also in the works
Should see this coming soon if its wrapped up.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 08:12 PM   #31891
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Apr 2011
England

We are back!
Thanks given by:
cheez avenger (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 08:13 PM   #31892
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2017
Vacationland
-
-
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by syndicate View Post
-There will be people out there that don’t want to pay for every streaming service that there is. Some people when they cut cable, they are going back to using an antenna, not moving over to streaming and using an antenna. How many out there can afford to pay for all the streaming services or even just Cable, but not will all the goods on their plan at all. Think of the low income, lower middle class and those that are disable and dependent, who are on Retirement, Survivors, Disability Insurance (RSDI).
I don't know why people always criticize the number of streaming providers as a return to cable prices/bundling. You don't need to subscribe to all the services at the same time. Unlike cable, you can cancel anytime you want and resubscribe anytime. (Some folks will argue there are no contracts "for now" but I'd rather worry about it when it happens.)
Thanks given by:
Admiral (06-12-2021), cheez avenger (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 08:21 PM   #31893
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dollar Colonel View Post
I don't know why people always criticize the number of streaming providers as a return to cable prices/bundling. You don't need to subscribe to all the services at the same time. Unlike cable, you can cancel anytime you want and resubscribe anytime. (Some folks will argue there are no contracts "for now" but I'd rather worry about it when it happens.)

I like the bundled/a la carte system that exists. I'm in control and I custom tailor it to my needs. I only subscribe to the channels I want and lose the fluff. I don't do network/cable TV at all. If I ever do want to watch a sporting event then that's when I can use the standard over the air channels I have.
Thanks given by:
Admiral (06-12-2021), Dollar Colonel (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 08:22 PM   #31894
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2009

Aquaman 2’ Is Titled ‘The Lost Kingdom’ - Hollywood Reporter 6/10

Filmmaker James Wan revealed the name as the film enters preproduction.

Quote:
James Wan has unveiled the title for his upcoming Aquaman sequel. The film will be called Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, the filmmaker revealed Thursday.

The upcoming project stars Jason Momoa as Aquaman, with Amber Heard expected to return as Mera and Patrick Wilson back as Orm. The original Aquaman, released in December 2018, grossed more than $1 billion, making it the only DC film to reach that number outside of Christopher Nolan’s The Dark Knight trilogy. Wan is producing alongside Peter Safran, with David Leslie Johnson-McGoldrick returning to pen the script.

Wan is preparing to launch his next directorial effort, the original horror film Malignant, which hits theaters and HBO Max on Sept. 10. He previously was developing the horror-tinged Aquaman spinoff The Trench, but Warners opted not to move forward with that project in April.

In addition to Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom, Warners has a full roster of DC Film projects coming up, including The Suicide Squad (Aug. 6), The Batman (March 4, 2022), The Flash (Nov. 4, 2022), and Warners’ and New Line’s Black Adam (July 29, 2022) and Shazam! Fury of the Gods (June 2, 2023). Blue Beetle, Batgirl, Supergirl, Green Lantern Corps, Static Shock and Wonder Woman 3 are also in the works.

Aquaman and the Lost Kingdom has a release date of Dec. 16, 2022.
The logjam is starting to break up, another film to enjoy next year.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:34 PM   #31895
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Aquaman 2’ Is Titled ‘The Lost Kingdom’ - Hollywood Reporter 6/10

Filmmaker James Wan revealed the name as the film enters preproduction.

The logjam is starting to break up, another film to enjoy next year.
Can’t say I’m too excited about that one.

Can’t wait for The Batman though.
Old 06-11-2021, 08:46 PM   #31896
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Can’t say I’m too excited about that one.

Can’t wait for The Batman though.
You really need to watch all the DC Universe Animated Original Movies. You get your fill of Batman that way.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:01 PM   #31897
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2009

Weekend Box Office Preview: Sony Returns; Warner Hits ‘The Heights’ - MeiaPlayNews 6/11

Quote:
NEWS ANALYSIS — The emerging domestic box office in the pandemic era gets a dose of family friendly fare the weekend ending June 13 — driven by the return of Sony Pictures and, separately, Warner Bros.’ adaptation of a Lin-Manuel Miranda Broadway play.

Since the beginning of the COVID-19 crisis, Sony Pictures has largely remained on the sidelines, repeatedly delaying its major theatrical releases until market conditions improved. With the June 10 release of Peter Rabbit 2: The Runaway, Sony is back with a major sequel to its 2018 sleeper hit that generated more than $351 million at the global box office.

The oft-delayed sequel, featuring the voices of James Corden, Margot Robbie and Lennie James, among others, is projected by Sony to generate upwards of $11 million — less than half of the original’s $25 million opening weekend. The sequel has already generated $45.8 million globally, led by U.K. with $6.5 million in ticket sales.

Meanwhile, Warner has pulled out the stops promoting In The Heights, a theatrical adaptation of Miranda’s 2008 Broadway hit that won four Tony awards, including best musical. The movie is directed by Jon Chu, who hit box office gold in 2018 with Crazy Rich Asians.

Heights, like all of Warner’s 2021 theatrical slate, will have a concurrent release on HBO Max for 31 days. Warner, which is releasing the movie on 3,400 screens in the U.S., is banking on a recent Fandango survey that found a vast majority of respondents cited the film as a reason to return to theaters. The movie has a 97% favorable rating on Rotten Tomatoes.

Miranda’s previously-planned theatrical release Hamilton was instead diverted by Disney to its subscription streaming platform at the beginning of the pandemic when theaters closed worldwide.
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (06-11-2021)
Old 06-11-2021, 09:03 PM   #31898
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

Quote:
You really need to watch all the DC Universe Animated Original Movies. You get your fill of Batman that way.

HBO MAX has them all, I believe. It's a good option if you can subscribe to it.
Old 06-11-2021, 09:31 PM   #31899
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Just like the movies.
Old 06-11-2021, 10:05 PM   #31900
Blu-ray Baron

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

I’ve been watching Batman and other cartoons
Thanks given by:
JohnAV (06-11-2021), Steedeel (06-11-2021)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology