Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
D-Day: Normandy 1944 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.96
10 hrs ago
The Vincent Price Collection (Blu-ray)
$43.99

Whiplash 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.99

My Hero Academia: Season Four: Part 1 (Blu-ray)
$44.99

Event Horizon (Blu-ray)
$27.96

3 from Hell 4K (Blu-ray)
$11.99

Western Stars (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Graveyards of Honor (Blu-ray)
$62.99
10 hrs ago
Weathering with You (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Ultraman Ace (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Once Were Brothers: Robbie Robertson and The Band (Blu-ray)
$8.99
8 hrs ago
The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$10.00

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Old 06-30-2020, 07:18 AM   #681
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2012
Bedford Falls

I'm one of those people who for whatever reason, probably commitment issues, has never joined the DMC. But I have lucked out and generally been able to find some of them for around $10 - $15 each with a lot of patience. However, I still have a lot of titles to catch up on. Joining DMC would probably be the easier and perhaps even cheaper route in the long haul.
Old 06-30-2020, 12:10 PM   #682

Jan 2008
Texas

Quote:
Originally Posted by meremortal View Post
I'm one of those people who for whatever reason, probably commitment issues, has never joined the DMC. But I have lucked out and generally been able to find some of them for around $10 - $15 each with a lot of patience. However, I still have a lot of titles to catch up on. Joining DMC would probably be the easier and perhaps even cheaper route in the long haul.
I just joined and almost all of my commitment purchased and initial purchases were DMC exclusives.
Old 06-30-2020, 02:38 PM   #683
Expert Member

Jul 2013
Pennsylvania, USA

Received my copy yesterday, watched it last night. Wow, what a great movie.

Much more faithful adaptation of the L. Frank Baum world and characters. But to call it better than the 1939 film(as a movie) is just plain silly.
Thanks given by:
ToEhrIsHuman (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 06:04 PM   #684
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
If youu have 6-8 titles you know you need then absolutely no doubt it will be cheaper if you follow the script. 8 titles for $65 is going to be hard to even come within 50-80% esp if you need a few of the titles that have rarely been cheap o Ebay -- assuming you buy all exclusives

Bottom line -- the commitment can be done and finished in less than 2 weeks
Order the first 6, order the 2 full priced itemes, wait fro receipt and account to update to VIP, quit. Wait until you have another 8 -- repeat.
Thanks given by:
Jessie (06-30-2020)
Old 06-30-2020, 08:00 PM   #685
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Northern California

Quote:
I agree with hariseldon that joining the club is well worth it. Getting so many DMC Exclusives up front, for almost no money, is a phenomenal deal. And if you buy the first of your three commitments in the initial order, you'll save even more money.

The only [slight] problem for me is, I need to now buy two more titles to fulfill my membership requirement. There are 4 more DMC Exclusive titles that I would like to add to my collection. The bad news is, the price of these discs is not high enough to count as one of my two required purchases toward my agreement! So while it's great news that the discs are very affordable, the kinda bad news is I'm going to need to buy a disc or two I may only partially want in order to fulfill my membership requirement.

The good news is, they make refusing the monthly selection super convenient, and if I wait long enough, they're bound to offer a film that my kids would want to own, even if it's a film I'm lukewarm on.

This is probably a stupid question, but for hariseldon (or other veterans of the DMC), is it worth it to ask a Disney rep to charge me MORE for a DMC Exclusive title, so that I can have it count against my requirement? Is such a thing even possible? LOL!
Old 06-30-2020, 08:54 PM   #686
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszilla View Post
I agree with hariseldon that joining the club is well worth it. Getting so many DMC Exclusives up front, for almost no money, is a phenomenal deal. And if you buy the first of your three commitments in the initial order, you'll save even more money.

The only [slight] problem for me is, I need to now buy two more titles to fulfill my membership requirement. There are 4 more DMC Exclusive titles that I would like to add to my collection. The bad news is, the price of these discs is not high enough to count as one of my two required purchases toward my agreement! So while it's great news that the discs are very affordable, the kinda bad news is I'm going to need to buy a disc or two I may only partially want in order to fulfill my membership requirement.

The good news is, they make refusing the monthly selection super convenient, and if I wait long enough, they're bound to offer a film that my kids would want to own, even if it's a film I'm lukewarm on.

This is probably a stupid question, but for hariseldon (or other veterans of the DMC), is it worth it to ask a Disney rep to charge me MORE for a DMC Exclusive title, so that I can have it count against my requirement? Is such a thing even possible? LOL!
The fulfillment price is minimum 19.95 so the exclusives should count without question as long as you make sure they are both adding at 24.95.

Add 2 to the cart and choose NO DISCOUNT in the offers or just make 2 separate orders if you hae the Free Shipping perk

Even the very old accounts where the T&C said 29.95 I think changed the actual price
Thanks given by:
chriszilla (07-01-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 12:01 AM   #687
Expert Member

Oct 2010
Northern California

Quote:
Originally Posted by hariseldon View Post
The fulfillment price is minimum 19.95 so the exclusives should count without question as long as you make sure they are both adding at 24.95.

Add 2 to the cart and choose NO DISCOUNT in the offers or just make 2 separate orders if you hae the Free Shipping perk

Even the very old accounts where the T&C said 29.95 I think changed the actual price
Thanks for the advice. I guess it was just the timing of when I looked through the listings, because the titles I wanted were showing at $14.95. (Which is a great price, but doesn't help me toward my commitment). I hadn't checked in the past couple of weeks, and will do so in the near future.
Old 07-01-2020, 01:09 AM   #688
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2010
Charlotte, NC
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by chriszilla View Post
Thanks for the advice. I guess it was just the timing of when I looked through the listings, because the titles I wanted were showing at $14.95. (Which is a great price, but doesn't help me toward my commitment). I hadn't checked in the past couple of weeks, and will do so in the near future.
You probably are seeing the 40% discounted price -- DMC usually shows the default %off offer as the price (40/50/60% off). That's not the price if you order a single title or if you turn off the Offs in your SEE ALL OFFERS options
Thanks given by:
chriszilla (07-01-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 03:40 AM   #689

Oct 2008

I would consider joining only if they upped the number of exclusive releases from the Walt-era vault. Until then it's easier to just pick 'em off second hand as they squeak out like tight little farts from the miserly choosers of titles.
Old 07-01-2020, 07:21 AM   #690

Nov 2019

So looks like copies are $30 on ebay. Would it be cheaper to sign up for dmc and buy this off their site?
Old 07-01-2020, 07:24 AM   #691
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by jwk94 View Post
So looks like copies are $30 on ebay. Would it be cheaper to sign up for dmc and buy this off their site?
If you can find 9 titles from DMC you want for $90, using the good promo code, that's the way to do it.
Thanks given by:
Jessie (07-01-2020)
Old 07-01-2020, 07:31 AM   #692

Nov 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by kidglov3s View Post
If you can find 9 titles from DMC you want for $90, using the good promo code, that's the way to do it.
Jesus that's expensive. Guess I'll just grab the ebay copies. Thanks for the help!
Old 07-01-2020, 07:31 AM   #693
Special Member

Dec 2015
Canada

I wish that DMC was more of a normal outlet, I have to imagine theyd sell more and cut out resellers.

Ive only bought 4 titles so far, including this one, all from resellers. Maybe Id be interested in more of them, but I dont follow the club very closely, except when I happen to hear about titles of particular interest.

I definitely enjoyed this films darker take... I might have to watch this again soon!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - North America

Tags
dmc exclusive, return to oz