Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Spartacus: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$26.99
 
The New Scooby-Doo Movies: The (Almost) Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$30.38
 
My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$45.69
 
The Walking Dead: The Complete Ninth Season (Blu-ray)
$52.89
 
Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$33.18
 
Community: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$35.30
 
Rescue Me: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.45
 
Space: 1999: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$80.76
 
One Piece: Episode of East Blue: Luffy and His Four Friends' Great Adventure (Blu-ray)
$25.85
 
The Big O: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$52.99
 
The Tatami Galaxy: Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$39.96
 
The Blacklist: The Complete Sixth Season (Blu-ray)
$36.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 05-21-2019, 07:26 PM   #18981
TsMkLg068426 TsMkLg068426 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2009
8
30
78
2
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by stvn1974 View Post
I heard that the series finale was pretty divisive, any truth to that?

Yes there is truth to that many felt the direction characters went or their stories ended up felt either rushed or did not make sense but some are satisfied with the finale especially the final episode.

For me the season was just okay it was not bad or good the final episode though is pretty underwhelming it leaves you with questions or feel a bit let down but I have seen worse finales from other TV Shows this was not the worse nor was it great.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:44 PM   #18982
Allgood Allgood is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Allgood's Avatar
 
Dec 2014
49
40
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
It's not so cut and dry, not so black and white. But I think that's the problem with everyone who've watched this show and expected their beloved characters to do something the way they think they should have--- no matter how many times characters have struggled with decisions or changed sides -- no one is so one dimensional that they are going to react the same way all the time.
I think youíre giving writers too easy of a pass.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mikeyfridebuzz (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 07:55 PM   #18983
Drewbee87 Drewbee87 is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Drewbee87's Avatar
 
Dec 2009
4
248
7
Default

Incredibly disappointed by the "series finale". Episodes 3 & 5 should have been reworked to be the last episodes cause they felt more like a series finale than what they gave us.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 07:59 PM   #18984
Zvi Zvi is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2006
121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Kit Harrington comments on Petition and haters
Well, at least he ins't hypocritical to complain about the lack of respect in the same article

Apparently neither Jon Snow nor Sansa know how viewers relate/react to the shows.

If the viewers valued the amount of work over "other" aspects of the show(story, acting, SFX, CGI, sound), then instead of credits probably we'd be seeing production crew invoices and worklogs. What better way to prove their hard work.

I sure respect hard work put into a good show or any hard work producing a good result, but if that hard work resulted in a crappy show(from my point of view), I have no obligation to think otherwise. It's still crap and not my fault.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:04 PM   #18985
wallendo wallendo is offline
Special Member
 
wallendo's Avatar
 
Feb 2008
Southeastern NC
55
953
7
3
1
4
Default

There will not be a reboot. For the most part, especially seasons 1-5, the series was close to the books and created with high production values. And most of the changes from the books were necessary (The young people in the book are much younger than in the series - unless someone is willing to remove all the nudity, Dany's wedding night would have legal issues). Although it would be interesting to see how the 6th and 7th books would be filmed, for the most part a reboot adds nothing to the series.

I seriously doubt there is any kind of complete sequel since most of the cast will move on and it will be hard to get the band back together. There are opportunities for more focused sequels. For example:
1) Arya gets Lost - she sails west running into an island populated by survivors of an Oceanic airlines flight.
2) A Boy and his Dog - Jon and his direwolf roam beyond the wall and meet Ygritte's hot cousin who reminds Jon he knows nothing.
3) Westeros' Next Top Model - Tyrion judges the hottest working girls in Kings Landing.
4) Sansa the Bachelorette - dozens of young lords compete for the hand of the Queen in the North. The young lord who can tolerate her stern stare the longest wins her hand.
5) Survivor, Iron Islands Edition - Young men and women compete by seeing who can drown the longest and still be revived by the Drowned God.

Seriously, there are great stories to be told in Essos. It is time to leave Westeros behind. It's story has been told.

I personally am not a fan of prequels in general as conformity to a known timeline often limits such efforts. I fear that the GOT prequels will not live up to the standards of the original. I will give them a shot, but don't expect much
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:07 PM   #18986
TsMkLg068426 TsMkLg068426 is offline
Senior Member
 
Jan 2009
8
30
78
2
5
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallendo View Post
There will not be a reboot. For the most part, especially seasons 1-5, the series was close to the books and created with high production values. And most of the changes from the books were necessary (The young people in the book are much younger than in the series - unless someone is willing to remove all the nudity, Dany's wedding night would have legal issues). Although it would be interesting to see how the 6th and 7th books would be filmed, for the most part a reboot adds nothing to the series.

I seriously doubt there is any kind of complete sequel since most of the cast will move on and it will be hard to get the band back together. There are opportunities for more focused sequels. For example:
1) Arya gets Lost - she sails west running into an island populated by survivors of an Oceanic airlines flight.
2) A Boy and his Dog - Jon and his direwolf roam beyond the wall and meet Ygritte's hot cousin who reminds Jon he knows nothing.
3) Westeros' Next Top Model - Tyrion judges the hottest working girls in Kings Landing.
4) Sansa the Bachelorette - dozens of young lords compete for the hand of the Queen in the North. The young lord who can tolerate her stern stare the longest wins her hand.
5) Survivor, Iron Islands Edition - Young men and women compete by seeing who can drown the longest and still be revived by the Drowned God.

Seriously, there are great stories to be told in Essos. It is time to leave Westeros behind. It's story has been told.

I personally am not a fan of prequels in general as conformity to a known timeline often limits such efforts. I fear that the GOT prequels will not live up to the standards of the original. I will give them a shot, but don't expect much


Please make #3 happen
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:14 PM   #18987
mikeyfridebuzz mikeyfridebuzz is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
mikeyfridebuzz's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
293
3770
911
1141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
It's not so cut and dry, not so black and white. But I think that's the problem with everyone who've watched this show and expected their beloved characters to do something the way they think they should have--- no matter how many times characters have struggled with decisions or changed sides -- no one is so one dimensional that they are going to react the same way all the time.
Sure but this situation is different as the character in question is being painted in two different extremes where they can't possibly be both unless Grey Worm had a brain transplant the second Dany died.

Of course, D & D would probably have this happen offscreen and at the same time Jon Snow was turning himself in with no body or murder weapon to be found.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:20 PM   #18988
Zvi Zvi is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Jul 2006
121
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallendo View Post
There will not be a reboot.
You never know. Spider-Man gets rebooted very 5 years or less. Hollywood is in reboot mode in general, rebooting and remaking everything.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallendo View Post
There are opportunities for more focused sequels. For example:
You have excellent ideas +1 on each...
BTW, we could have a ton of "The Return of ..." shows too, featuring each of the dead characters who were't really dead...
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:24 PM   #18989
Tony208 Tony208 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Tony208's Avatar
 
May 2010
NYC
161
473
33
525
Default

Maybe in 20 years when the books are done they can do a movie series. One movie per book.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:29 PM   #18990
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
Maybe in 20 years when the books are done they can do a movie series. One movie per book.
Each movie would have to be like 4.5 hours long.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:31 PM   #18991
mikeyfridebuzz mikeyfridebuzz is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
mikeyfridebuzz's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
293
3770
911
1141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
Maybe in 20 years when the books are done they can do a movie series. One movie per book.
Those movies would make it feel like the pacing of season 8 was a slow stroll in the Park on a lazy Sunday Morning by comparison.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:32 PM   #18992
Tony208 Tony208 is offline
Blu-ray Prince
 
Tony208's Avatar
 
May 2010
NYC
161
473
33
525
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Each movie would have to be like 4.5 hours long.
They said LOTR couldn't be done either.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:35 PM   #18993
mikeyfridebuzz mikeyfridebuzz is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
mikeyfridebuzz's Avatar
 
Aug 2011
293
3770
911
1141
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony208 View Post
They said LOTR couldn't be done either.
If they weed out every secondary character and focus on the main group of characters that make it all the way to the end, then maybe you'll get a decent rushed version.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:41 PM   #18994
Josep5349 Josep5349 is online now
Power Member
 
Josep5349's Avatar
 
Jan 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darkstream View Post
Yes, but in that case, his Queen was still alive and he was simply following her lead on the attack. In the case of Tyrion, Grey Worm acquiesced to the court. Maybe he just didn't want to do something that would lead to more war at that point.
Yeah, itís all pretty consistent. The Unsullied have always been extremely disciplined, they have a strict code and faithfully follow the chain of command. They have never been independent thinkers. When their monarch gives them an order they execute it without hesitation, but without a ruler to give them explicit orders they basically just maintain the status quo.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Darkstream (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 08:42 PM   #18995
Darkstream Darkstream is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Darkstream's Avatar
 
Aug 2012
2
74
101
27
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeyfridebuzz View Post
Sure but this situation is different as the character in question is being painted in two different extremes where they can't possibly be both unless Grey Worm had a brain transplant the second Dany died.
Well, maybe not a brain transplant, but that's kind of like the idea I'm going with, where Grey Worm may have been somewhat lost as far as his own direction went after his Queen died (remember, some time had passed -- look at Tyrion's beard. lol), and in some attempt at diplomacy, he restrained himself.



Quote:
Of course, D & D would probably have this happen offscreen and at the same time Jon Snow was turning himself in with no body or murder weapon to be found.
Honest Jon. lol.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:45 PM   #18996
wonderer99 wonderer99 is offline
Special Member
 
wonderer99's Avatar
 
Apr 2010
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by sandman slim View Post
I've kept an HBO subscription for the past nine years, even when the show wasn't on, even when they took that long break. When Dish dropped them, I subscribed to HBO Now so I'd still be able to watch the final season live without having to avoid the web because of spoilers. I've loved the previous seven seasons, and own all of them on Blu-ray, even getting in pre-orders or driving around town on release day to get the retailer exclusive bonus discs. Unlike the large number of people who stream steal it for free on the net, I and everyone else like me, has funded this show.

So yeah, I think I'm entitled: entitled to an opinion. There were good parts: good scenes, good acting, amazing fx, Ramin Djawadi's fantastic scores... Some of it was really good, but the final season as a whole stunk. The characters deserved better, and so did the fans.
Nowhere did I say people are not entitled to an opinion. That would be ludicrous. I clearly meant the arrogance of people to think they have a legitimate right to petition against a Tv shows outcome. That kind of entitlememt was what I was talking about, not just having an opinion on it, as well you know.

As another poster pointed out to you there is a huge difference between having an opinion one way or another and petitioning like some spoilt little bit*h.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:50 PM   #18997
cpr3584 cpr3584 is offline
Active Member
 
cpr3584's Avatar
 
Jul 2010
Jacksonville
2
62
1
1
70
Default

They will not return to Game of Thrones. Like the other posts stated, there is nothing left to tell. GRRM cant even finish the last two books. As for the prequels, I too do not think they will be successful for obvious reasons of knowing how it all ends. In all my life I have only enjoyed two prequels: Better Call Saul and Rogue One
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:54 PM   #18998
NARMAK NARMAK is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
NARMAK's Avatar
 
Feb 2007
United Kingdom
137
18
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by R3P0 View Post
Kit Harrington comments on Petition and haters
Let's be honest. These actors have an active interest in NOT causing waves so they can still appeal to studios that they're willing to play ball and Kit is a bit of a hypocrite considering he's on record as calling the final season disappointing.

Honestly, i love how Emilia Clarke handled her criticism with the show. It stayed professional and erred on the right side of both fans and creators.

That said, HBO pays the people who worked on the show from the actors, directors, showrunners, etc. and they put their best efforts generally but clearly on this occasion fans have a huge issue with the showrunners who ultimately decided to have the story unfold this way NOT the rest of the departments.

Just because people put in a huge amount of effort, doesn't mean people can't criticise that artwork and the truth is, whilst on an objective basis people can list all their issues with season 8, most people react with emotion and that usually has words like "Love" or "Hate" etc. rather than big essays like me and others might do.

There's clearly previous shows people have been unhappy with and tbh, the actors like Kit etc. should just be more diplomatic like Emilia was or they risk the ire of fans when they basically side with the writers etc. and trash fans.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
-RONIN- (05-21-2019), ArrestedDevelopment (05-22-2019), supersix4 (05-21-2019)
Old 05-21-2019, 08:55 PM   #18999
supersix4 supersix4 is offline
Blu-ray Archduke
 
supersix4's Avatar
 
Mar 2007
572
53
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by wallendo View Post
I seriously doubt there is any kind of complete sequel since most of the cast will move on and it will be hard to get the band back together. There are opportunities for more focused sequels.
With how it ended I wish they'd honestly let Cersei get away and spun something off on her re-emergence of power lol

But plenty of A list cast members have come back to do HBO movies so not out of the question they could get the band back together depending on the level of stardom the cast gains from here on out.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2019, 08:59 PM   #19000
natemac00 natemac00 is offline
Member
 
Dec 2015
3
106
1
115
Default

So it's available on Vudu... and I can buy the entire season for $19.99 or $17.94 for 6 individual episodes, something seems off there.
https://www.vudu.com/content/movies/...ason-8/1101209
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
Game of Thrones - Greenlit on HBO!!! (George R.R. Martin) Movies CYMBOL 27 06-06-2019 04:18 AM
Fire and Ice on Blu-ray Blu-ray Movies - North America redtornado 58 08-05-2015 06:53 PM
Game Rights Snagged For George R. R. Martin's Song of Ice And Fire PS3 jkwest 3 06-15-2013 12:27 AM
Blacklight - Megathread - From Comic to Video Game, First Screenshot! PS3 caliblue15 18 10-27-2010 10:51 PM
Fire and Ice Blu-ray Movies - North America luscious 25 06-17-2009 02:20 AM

Tags
book, game of thrones

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:26 PM.