Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.49

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$56.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Godzilla: King of the Monsters 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Annabelle Comes Home (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Haunting of Hill House (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Gemini Man (Blu-ray)
$22.99
7 hrs ago
Gemini Man 4K (Blu-ray)
$27.99
3 hrs ago
The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Electronics Deals

Old 03-18-2014, 06:04 PM   #1
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio
Default BenQ W1070 Projector $829 w/free shipping!

This is the projector I've been looking to buy.
However, I have a huge tax bill due the IRS at the end of this month.

Figures.

The projector I want, at a great price and I don't have the bucks.

Here's the link.
Old 03-18-2014, 06:37 PM   #2
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2008
The empire state

Quote:
Originally Posted by timcat4843 View Post
This is the projector I've been looking to buy.
However, I have a huge tax bill due the IRS at the end of this month.

Figures.

The projector I want, at a great price and I don't have the bucks.

Here's the link.
Isn't that the case for all of us in life?
Old 03-19-2014, 02:46 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2011
Youngstown, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wingman1977 View Post
Isn't that the case for all of us in life?
If I didn't have bad luck, I'd have no luck at all.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:21 PM   #4
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2014
Maine, USA

Currently $729 right now. This is the projector I've been eying for some time, would have had the gift cards saved up except my computer died a couple months ago and I used them all up to buy a new computer and monitor, oh well. Hopefully you've had better luck saving up and can get it now.
Old 06-27-2014, 05:40 PM   #5
Special Member

Sep 2012
Los Angeles

I've been looking for the short throw version of that but it never seems to go down in price
Old 07-18-2014, 05:37 AM   #6
Banned

Apr 2014

$799 at Fry's this week:

http://www.frys.com/ads/page37
Old 12-31-2014, 05:37 AM   #7

Oct 2014

I finally pulled the trigger, been procrastinating on a new projector for 2 years. Picked up a BENQ W-1070 today. Now I have to figure out how to dim it down a bit.

Fry's just got in a few of the new BENQ HT-1075 models, but they still had 3 of the W-1070 on the shelf. I looked over the specs to see what was changed. I certainly do not need another 200 lumens, MHL will likely never come up in my theatre, and the easier menus are not a concern, so I looked at price, the regular prices was still shown as $915 on the 1070 and the newer 1075 was listed at $846. But then I noticed 2 of the 1070's had the little price reduced sticker. Those make me nervous, as I got burned on a video card a few years ago. I had the guy open the box and we examined it all, the protective plastic was stillo on the case of the projector, like it had never been out of the box, and all of the accessories were there. It was marked down to just $711 and just ticked past $775 after taxes and I walked out the door with it.

before I could really look at the image, I had to get it hung upside down about 2 feet closer to my screen than my old Optoma H76. This was a it of a trick. I miscalculated the drop down from the ceiling. The top edge of my screen is just 11 inches below the ceiling and I thought the lens shift adjust would go to 8 inches from lens center, so I wanted the lens about 3 inches below the ceiling, which meant flush mount, no room for a pole at all. I do not remember where that number came from and not having any image out of the projector yet, I worked on a plate mount to get it up tight and I know I can add a space if needed.

I actually used a 3 space (5 1/4") inch 19" rack panel. I drilled the 3 holes and boted it right to the bottom of the projector. The plate is just wide neough to let me put the lens dead center of the plate, with the screws about an inch out the left side and 5.5 inches out the right side. So I then drilled the holes and put the 4 heavy duty toggler bolts in the ceiling. I used the 1/4 inch ones, and each is rated over 200 pounds in drywall, a bit overkill for a 6.3 pound projector. As I bolted the plate on the bottom, I did notice a vent grill I did not want to just plank over. If i was doing this for a clinent, I would have cute a nice clean rectangle to clear the vent, but I really wanted to get an image up, so did a quick drill and cut job, it is not visible at all since it is all hidden above the projector. With just 1/4 inch thick rubber feet on the corners of the panel,. I bolted it up to the ceiling and the picture was 8 inches above the screen, WHAT?? I dialed the shift adjuster as far as it would go, and it was still 4 inches too high. I do not have long enough bolts or all thread to drop it that far, so I tilted it for now with shims above the plate, so I have a bit of keystone. I looked it up again and it shows the offset to be 56 mm on a 90 inch screen. And it does not give a range for the adjustment. A bit later it does list it as 10% to 30%, of 1/2 of the screen height. My 92" screen is 45 inches high. Offset range is then 2.25" to 6.75". To put the adjuster in the middle, I need about 4-5 inches more space between the ceiling and the projector. I may split it between above and below my plate, I have to see what length screws I can get in the metric thread for the bottom of the projector.

On to the picture, even with a bit of keystone, WOW.. TOO FREAKING BRIGHT!!! Out of the box it was set in the showroom, scream "LOOK AT ME" mode. Full lamp power, "dynamic" mode, and "brilliant color" on. I put the lamp to eco mode, turned off brilliant color, put it in user 1 and dropped the contrast to just 35 (50 is middle). This toned it down to watchable. My screen is 0.8 gain and I think I am still well over 20 fl. I need to grab the color meter from the shop to dial it n, but it is getting much closer already. The highlights are bright and the blacks are way deeper than the old Optoma could ever do. I ended up watching a TV show, parts of 2 concerts, and a movie. I think my jaw was open the entire time, this projector ROCKS!! I can't wait to see it after I get the color calibrated and maybe add an ND filter to dim it a little more. The black level should get even better then.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Electronics Deals