Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection (Blu-ray)
$33.49
8 hrs ago
Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$56.99

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$39.99

How to Train Your Dragon: The Hidden World 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
18 hrs ago
Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Creature from the Black Lagoon: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Frankenstein: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Hammer Horror 8-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$23.49

The Invisible Man: Complete Legacy Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Angel Has Fallen (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Body Parts (Blu-ray)
$26.17
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Blu-ray Music and High Quality Music

Old 01-30-2019, 08:07 PM   #1

Mar 2010
San Diego, CA
Default The Beatles - Let It Be is Finally on the Way

This sounds promising. A new movie with unseen footage along with the original film remastered.

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/m...-it-be-786380/
Thanks given by:
atbodamer (01-30-2019), BobbyMcGee (01-30-2019), Dubstar (04-29-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 09:04 PM   #2
Special Member

Apr 2014
Charleston, SC

http://wogew.blogspot.com/2019/01/th...t-be-film.html
Thanks given by:
BobbyMcGee (01-30-2019), CANUCKS FAN (01-30-2019)
Old 01-30-2019, 10:26 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2012
Los Angeles, CA

Wow, awesome news.

Hopefully we continue to see more super-deluxe box-sets of Beatles albums as well, like Sgt Pepper and the White album.
Old 01-31-2019, 12:01 AM   #4

Jun 2012

Considering the jaw-dropping work he did on WWI footage recently, I expect this is going to be stellar, although I'm far more interested in seeing the original LET IT BE than the new assembly (I find it ironic that the original film is being released as a sort of 'bonus'!)

I suspect McCartney has finally allowed this double-film deal as the new footage will show them in a better light. Although I never thought the original portrayed them as anything other than a working band with the usual tensions.
Thanks given by:
RICKBONDOO7 (04-02-2019)
Old 01-31-2019, 01:37 PM   #5

Oct 2015
Atlanta, GA

I heard that they also just uncovered a treasure trove of Spinal Tap footage. Hopefully, a new extended documentary will be forthcoming!
Old 01-31-2019, 04:35 PM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

I hope there is a soundtrack album that presents the songs directly without all the overdubbing and sweetening. That was the concept behind the Get Back album, but it was never released that way.
Old 01-31-2019, 06:50 PM   #7

Oct 2015
Atlanta, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by bigshot View Post
I hope there is a soundtrack album that presents the songs directly without all the overdubbing and sweetening. That was the concept behind the Get Back album, but it was never released that way.
Let it Be Naked?
Old 01-31-2019, 10:00 PM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

Let it Be Naked sounds nothing like the master the Beatles turned in. I have a copy of the Peter Sellers acetate of the final version of the Get Back album on CD and it is fantastic, raw and direct, like a live jam. No overdubbing. No cutting different takes together. The mix is live. It even has the countdowns and studio chatter between songs. It's amazing how much it changed in all of the various remixes. They wouldn't let the Beatles do a live album in the studio. They felt the need to noodle it and make it a regular studio album.
Thanks given by:
atbodamer (02-01-2019), Lemmy Lugosi (04-03-2019), Strilo (02-02-2019)
Old 03-29-2019, 07:44 PM   #9
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Way Out West
-
-
-

This is top of my list of Beatles box sets I want to own, so I was glad to see this announced for next.

(Edit: Turns out it's not next after all (Abbey Road is), but also to clarify I also meant aside from what was already released, since white album is/was at the very top, but this would be second right after it.)

Last edited by fdm; 08-24-2019 at 08:27 PM.
Old 04-28-2019, 02:05 PM   #10
Power Member

Jun 2010
Isn't this where...we came in?

I would love a boxed set to include all of the raw film footage along with the Nagra reels.
Old 04-29-2019, 09:26 PM   #11
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobbyMcGee View Post
Wow, awesome news.

Hopefully we continue to see more super-deluxe box-sets of Beatles albums as well, like Sgt Pepper and the White album.
I thought the next one that was rumored to get the deluxe edition was - 'Abbey Road' (which I'd give my left nut to have, like ... right now)
Old 08-24-2019, 08:37 PM   #12
Blu-ray Ninja

Nov 2007
Way Out West
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dubstar View Post
I thought the next one that was rumored to get the deluxe edition was - 'Abbey Road' (which I'd give my left nut to have, like ... right now)
Missed those rumors (not like I actually spend much time following that sort of thing, so no big surprise), but they turned out to be right. The scale of the Abbey Road set seems about right to me, so I'll likely own it this holiday season. However, Let It Be is the one I really want… though not enough to sacrifice any body parts for, I can wait.
Old 08-26-2019, 03:22 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2010

I'm going through a lot of Get Back Sessions CDs right now and familiarizing myself with them. It's going to be a trick to edit it into a coherent long form film. There are tons of throwaway run throughs of rock n roll classics, 30 takes in a row of the same song just learning the chord changes, and songs that start and don't end. The songs on the released album were patched together from multiple takes. It won't be as easy to do that when it's stuff shot on different days in two different studios. I imagine it will be more of a documentary type film than a concert one... although they could find a couple of hours worth of straight music if they didn't mind the goofing around. Also the reel changes on the film and tape often came in the middle of jams. It's rough, but that was the point I guess.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Blu-ray Music and High Quality Music