Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Haunting of Hill House (Blu-ray)
$24.99

A Discovery of Witches (Blu-ray)
$19.99
4 hrs ago
Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.42
3 hrs ago
Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$54.99

The Outer Limits: Season Two (Blu-ray)
$34.96
47 min ago
NOS4A2: Season One (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
My Hero Academia: Season Three Part Two (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Patlabor the Mobile Police: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.99

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Country Music (Blu-ray)
$76.85

Doc Martin: Series 9 (Blu-ray)
$29.49

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 08-14-2019, 04:32 PM   #1
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2012
USA
Default Star Wars: Resistance (Season 2)

Quote:
"The Emmy Award-nominated series Star Wars Resistance returns for its second and final season beginning Sunday, October 6 at 10:00 p.m. EDT/PDT on Disney Channel and in DisneyNOW, with subsequent airings on Disney XD. The concluding season takes place during the events of "The Last Jedi" leading up to "The Rise of Skywalker," as Kaz and the team continue to fight against the threat of the First Order, culminating in an epic series finale."
Source
Thanks given by:
bferr1972 (08-18-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 05:23 PM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2017
In The Pages of DC Comics

LOL I am not surprised this show got cancelled it is hot garbage compared to Rebels and Clone Wars. Do a new series where Asoka and Sabine go and search for Ezra.
Thanks given by:
Monterey Jack (08-14-2019), ZombieTwin2 (08-21-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 06:14 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Nov 2007

This show could've been good if they'd collapsed 26 episodes into 13 non-filler one. That said, no big loss though. It was obviously disliked enough by most to not even warrant a Blu-ray release.
Thanks given by:
ZombieTwin2 (08-21-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 07:52 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2012

Wasn't a huge fan of the art style tbh.

Was Filoni at the helm for this one too?
Old 08-14-2019, 10:07 PM   #5
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011

Cancelled eh? Good riddance
Old 08-15-2019, 12:21 AM   #6
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Star Wars: Resistance is doing so damn good that it's being canceled. Star Wars: Rebels still remains a far superior Star Wars animated series compared to Resistance, I also enjoy it a lot better than I do Clone Wars. The animated series that Lucasfilm should have done should have been Ahsoka and Sabine's search for Ezra. Sabine started her journey in Clone Wars, continued her journey in Rebels. She should have finished her journey (or her trilogy) in a final animated series, searching for Ezra.

Perhaps we'll still get that particular animated series. But, I think it's Disney trying to cut off all Star Wars projects until they can fix whatever is wrong with the Star Wars franchise. The thing is, they have the wrong people in key positions at Lucasfilm and they need to bring people on board who will invigorate the franchise.

While I hated The Force Awakens and The Last Jedi, I absolutely enjoyed Rogue One. They stumbled with Resistance but succeeded with Rebels. Solo is kind of the middle ground, it was okay, but I felt there were pacing issues. Lucasfilm crammed far too much into that film and it suffered on a massive scale.
Old 08-15-2019, 01:28 AM   #7
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
Sabine started her journey in Clone Wars
That did not happen.
Old 08-15-2019, 03:47 AM   #8
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

Whoops. My error. I meant to say Ahsoka. My bad on that goof. lols
Old 08-15-2019, 04:18 AM   #9
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008
Land Of Lincoln, USA

I didn't think it would be canceled this quickly.
Old 08-15-2019, 09:11 AM   #10

May 2018
Germany

Great that they canceled it, I only could handle the first two episodes, oh man they were bad
Old 08-15-2019, 05:54 PM   #11
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

It doesn't surprise me that it was canceled. But considering that Episode IX is the final saga film, I'm guessing that Lucasfilm didn't want to keep the series going. Kathleen Kennedy is so universally despised that she makes George Lucas look like a saint where it concerns the Special Edition and Prequel trilogy hate.

The smart thing to do would be to remove the social justice agenda from the films and go back to making Star Wars films that fans will actually enjoy. Rogue One, in my opinion, is the only good Star Wars movie that Disney has produced in this new era of the Star Wars franchise. Lucasfilm should go back to the production of that film to see what they did right (in the eyes of fans who love the original Star Wars films).

But, the failure of The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi, Solo and Galaxy's Edge makes it apparent that fans are not happy with the way the franchise is being handled. Lucasilm was literally given a license to make money by producing new Star Wars film but they dropped the ball and became complacent by trying to include their own social agendas into these films. Fans responded in such a negative fashion that Lucasfilm had to reply on bringing back legacy characters and using the original characters to market these films.

Lucasfilm Disney did some good work. Star Wars: Rebels and Rogue One were doing Star Wars right. But their move to divide fans, by publicly attacking fans and not keeping their actors, cast and crew away from social media and away from attacking fans, it was inevitable that it would come around to bite them in the rear.

While Rise of Skywalker will make bank when it premieres, it may be a letdown for Star Wars fans. The saga has always been about the Skywalkers and since Luke had no children and that Leia's son is more a "Solo" than a Skywalker ... it just makes youo wonder.

The latest rumor has it that Rey might very well be 'Shmi Skywalker' reincarnated.
Old 08-20-2019, 06:36 PM   #12

Aug 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Braktastic View Post
This show could've been good if they'd collapsed 26 episodes into 13 non-filler one. That said, no big loss though. It was obviously disliked enough by most to not even warrant a Blu-ray release.
I just saw today at Best Buy,The Complete First Season set.But just DVD.I didn't see any Blu Ray release there.
Old 08-20-2019, 07:16 PM   #13
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by kemcha View Post
the failure of The Force Awakens, The Last Jedi
Say what? Those two movies made a combined $3.4 billion. TFA was the #4 movie of all time and the domestic champ.
Old 08-21-2019, 03:12 AM   #14

May 2018
Germany

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arawn View Post
Say what? Those two movies made a combined $3.4 billion. TFA was the #4 movie of all time and the domestic champ.
Huge Box Office is never a sign for good Quality and with Last Jedi Star Wars has lost a lot of Credit from the fans
Old 08-21-2019, 04:21 AM   #15
Blu-ray Ninja

Jul 2015

Failure just ain't what it used to be.
Thanks given by:
Porco Azzurro (08-21-2019)
Old 09-13-2019, 04:07 PM   #16
Blu-ray Duke

Jul 2012
USA

Some titles from the first few episodes:

Oct 6 - Into the Unknown