Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Thing (Blu-ray)
$10.39
19 hrs ago
Dracula Untold 4K (Blu-ray)
$8.99
19 hrs ago
Hereditary (Blu-ray)
$4.99
19 hrs ago
Joker 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Mummy 4K (Blu-ray)
$10.99
16 hrs ago
Kin (Blu-ray)
$4.99
18 hrs ago
DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99
19 hrs ago
Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Once Upon a Time... in Hollywood (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Scarface 4K (Blu-ray)
$17.96

The Purge: 4-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
13 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Blu-ray Music and High Quality Music

Old 09-12-2014, 12:52 PM   #41

Jan 2014

These are a total waste; do not bother. Just get the original CDs off ebay. Save your money.

Jimmy is selling wolf tickets.
Old 09-19-2014, 01:25 AM   #42

Mar 2010
Maryland, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Riddler The Slag View Post
Looks like IV just went online at Amazon for Pre-Order.

http://www.amazon.com/Led-Zeppelin-S...ppelin+box+set
Nice to see they are working their way through the catalogue. Hopefully when they finish they will issue the BD-audio
Old 09-19-2014, 01:31 AM   #43
Power Member

Mar 2012
USA

Jimmy Page is always complaining about how bad mp3 s are and vinyl is the way to go. And then he agrees to release his new re masters on CD. Nonsense

Did anyone inform him about SACD and Blu-ray audio formats?
Old 10-27-2014, 02:38 PM   #44
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

I picked up Led Zeppelin IV and Houses of the Holy today on HDTracks since they just released..I went ahead and picked up I, II, and III as well since I had one of those 15% off coupons. Haven't listened to them yet but I'm sure they'll sound amazing! I hope Physical Graffiti is released soon as well.
Thanks given by:
Aerodude73 (10-27-2014)
Old 10-27-2014, 05:43 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2009
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellini912 View Post
Jimmy Page is always complaining about how bad mp3 s are and vinyl is the way to go. And then he agrees to release his new re masters on CD. Nonsense

Did anyone inform him about SACD and Blu-ray audio formats?
There's a difference between quality and commercial viability. So we can love something because it's very high quality, like a very fine restaurant or a perfectly tailored suit of fine material, but unfortunately, the mass market doesn't give a damn.

Jimmy Page (as well as any other musician) and his label are trying to make a living. As bad as CD sales are (now at 12% of their 1999 peak), SACD and Blu-ray sales are so minuscule they don't even show up on most industry sales reports.

In the first six months of 2014 in the U.S., SACD (according to the RIAA) sold $400,000 worth of product at list prices. BD Audio was so small, they don't even list it. Even vinyl sold $145 million at list prices (about 6.5 million units) and that represents only 4.57% of industry dollars. Let's assume that vinyl does 15 million units for the full year. There were individual albums that have sold 15 million units. Now it's the entire industry. And it can never get much larger even if there was demand because no one is building new cutting lathes.

So while I do love my SACD and BD audio discs (recently picked up Rickie Lee Jones and Pink Floyd's "Wish You Were Here" SACDs) the fact is that 99.9% of the market doesn't give a damn. We should be happy there are as many as there are.

A few weeks ago, I attended a local Audio Engineering Society meeting about the vinyl resurgence. I asked the two mastering engineers who spoke about whether they receive analog or digital masters. According to them, 2/3 of the masters are digital masters, so most people are full of crap when they perceive modern vinyl to be better. And I say that as someone who has over 500 LPs in their living room and just bought a few new LPs in the last week. And most musicians, especially rock musicians, as talented as they are have substantial hearing loss, so they're actually the last ones anyone should be taking advice from as to what constitutes audio quality.
Thanks given by:
Aerodude73 (10-28-2014), Davidian (10-27-2014), Ray O. Blu (02-25-2015)
Old 10-27-2014, 07:59 PM   #46
Blu-ray Samurai

Feb 2008
Massachusetts

Quote:
Originally Posted by BaerGriggs View Post
I picked up Led Zeppelin IV and Houses of the Holy today on HDTracks since they just released..I went ahead and picked up I, II, and III as well since I had one of those 15% off coupons. Haven't listened to them yet but I'm sure they'll sound amazing! I hope Physical Graffiti is released soon as well.
Nice! I'd like to see Physical Graffiti, as well. The only Deluxe set I felt compelled to buy so far was for the first album (because of the inclusion of the live tracks - I love hearing those, but I'm not as crazy about all of the rough cuts and alternate versions found on the remaining deluxe sets)
Old 11-02-2014, 08:10 AM   #47

Mar 2010
Maryland, USA

[QUOTE=ZoetMB;9937605]In the first six months of 2014 in the U.S., SACD (according to the RIAA) sold $400,000 worth of product at list prices. BD Audio was so small, they don't even list it. Even vinyl sold $145 million at list prices (about 6.5 million units) and that represents only 4.57% of industry dollars. Let's assume that vinyl does 15 million units for the full year. There were individual albums that have sold 15 million units. Now it's the entire industry. And it can never get much larger even if there was demand because no one is building new cutting lathes.

Thanks for the sale numbers. Although its depressing information it helps with the perspective. I didn't realize that BD Audio was doing worse than a million in sales per year. (assuming its less than SACD)
Old 11-02-2014, 06:04 PM   #48
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009

Downloads also available here http://www.qobuz.com/gb-en/search?q=...uxe&i=boutique Looks cheaper than HDTracks
Old 11-03-2014, 02:24 AM   #49
Super Moderator

Jul 2006
Ontario, Canada

Blu-ray Audio is not a format, Blu-ray is a format; not surprising they're not listing any numbers.
Old 02-24-2015, 01:09 PM   #50
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2012
Kansas City, MO

Physical Graffiti remastered is being released today! Already available on HDTracks in 96/24 like the other albums, I'm downloading it now!
Old 02-24-2015, 01:31 PM   #51
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2011
OH-IO

Quote:
I asked the two mastering engineers who spoke about whether they receive analog or digital masters. According to them, 2/3 of the masters are digital masters, so most people are full of crap when they perceive modern vinyl to be better.
A-freaking-men !!!

I'll take my old original MoFi LP's over anything else ...

That said, I will pick up the Physical Graffiti re-master just to have the rough cut of 'Kashmir'.
Old 04-29-2015, 03:34 AM   #52

Mar 2010
Maryland, USA

I still haven't seen any word on the BD-audio for these Zep? Hoping that they will be released after they finish getting through all the reissues on lp, cd, and downloads.
Old 08-02-2015, 12:24 AM   #53
Power Member

Nov 2010
N. Texas

Old 08-07-2015, 01:53 AM   #54

May 2008
Pittsburgh

Anyone get Coda remaster yet?

Does anyone know why I Can't Quit You Baby is a different version on the 2015 remaster vs the previous cd?
Old 08-28-2015, 10:58 PM   #55
Blu-ray Archduke

Oct 2008
Middletown, RI (MEMBER OF THE "ECPP")

Am on the road now, but while home recently, the last batch of the Remastered CDs arrived & I was able to listen to them all the way through.

Page did a remarkable job on these sets. They sound the Best you've Ever heard, & I found myself hearing things (subtle or maybe More) I'd never heard before. All of my listening was in my car where I have a really good audio setup; the speakers are really good & clear.

The only (minimal at best), negative is maybe the low-end. I "could" get an amp and/or subwoofer installed, but what Is there now is pretty damn good. Perfect? No. Close enough for me? Hell yea.

I've yet to listen to them thru my home system (specs below) but I'm sure they'd sound That much More amazing, & I have plans to do so when I have the time in the coming weeks.

So for anyone on the fence with these, I say BUY THEM ALL - NOW !!! They're NOT Expensive at all, & you can toss your old ones away (or keep them for prosperity/comparison listening)

I give these New releases a Perfect Rating
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (09-20-2019)
Old 08-29-2015, 07:37 AM   #56

Dec 2011
LOS ANGELES, CA.

Id like to get them all together in one box set. I figure they are gonna repackage all the cd's once they released them all. I want a set of all the double cd's if not the super deluxe 3-4 disc boxes which i can't afford. Im guessing by the holiday there will be somthing
Old 09-18-2019, 09:23 PM   #57
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2009

Thought I'd post this here as it seemed appropriate https://www.genesis-publications.com...-the-anthology Expensive is usually synonymous with LZ, doubly so when Page is involved. Nice looking book and doubtless Genesis' usual high standards but a premium of more than 100 on their usual price for this kind of thing, a much larger run than usual and it appears Page could only be bothered to sign bookplates rather than books. The excellent Led Zeppelin by Led Zeppelin book is still available for about 30
Thanks given by:
Scarriere (09-20-2019)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Audio > Music / Audiophiles > Blu-ray Music and High Quality Music