Best PS Vita Game Deals

Best PS Vita Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Lost Child (PS Vita)
$19.99

Shiren The Wanderer: The Tower Of Fortune And The Dice Of Fate (PS Vita)
$20.49
4 hrs ago
Dynasty Warriors NEXT (PS Vita)
$23.81
16 hrs ago
The Legend Of Heroes Trails Of Cold Steel (PS Vita)
$29.99

Zero Escape: The Nonary Games (PS Vita)
$32.72

Shinobido 2: Revenge Of Zen (PS Vita)
$29.99

Muv-Luv Alternative (PS Vita)
$39.99

Punch Line (PS Vita)
$23.72

Death Mark (PS Vita)
$31.85

Bad Apple Wars (PS Vita)
$27.84

Akiba's Beat (PS Vita)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable

Old 09-03-2015, 06:41 PM   #2201
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Quote:
The official Japanese PlayStation blog announced on Tuesday that Sony will release special collaboration models of the PlayStation Vita and PlayStation TV (known as the PlayStation Vita TV in Japan) that will celebrate the release of Idea Factory's upcoming Hakuōki Shinkai: Kaze no Shō (Hakuōki True Revision: Chapter of Wind) game.

All three models of the PS Vita and PS TV will come in the Glacier White color, but will be available with three different laser-etched designs.

The "Rin" design features the game's main characters.

The "Yū" design features the game's characters in chibi form.

The "Sakura" design features illustrations of cherry blossom branches and petals.

Those who purchase any one of the limited edition models will also receive an original theme for the PS Vita/ PS TV menu, an original sleeve with designs featuring the game's main characters, and six tin badges that feature art of the main characters in chibi form.

Sony is currently accepting pre-orders for the PS Vita and PS TV models, and will release them in Japan on September 25, alongside the release of Hakuōki Shinkai: Kaze no Shō. The PS Vita models cost 21,480 yen (about US$178), while the PS TV models cost 11,980 yen (about US$99).

Idea Factory's Hakuōki Shinkai: Kaze no Shō PS Vita game remakes its original Hakuōki Shinsengumi Kitan 2008 PlayStation 2 game. The game has since been ported into the PlayStation 3, PlayStation Vita, Nintendo DS, and Nintendo 3DS platforms. Aksys Games localized and released the game's PlayStation 3 version in May.

The story of the game and its anime adaptation center around the historical Shinsengumi samurai group in Kyoto during the 19th century.

The Hakuōki anime franchise includes the 12-episode Hakuōki series, the 10-episode sequel series Hakuōki Hekketsu-roku, and the 6-episode Hakuōki Sekkaroku OVA series. The franchise also includes a prequel television anime series and two films that premiered in 2013. Sentai Filmworks licensed the franchise in 2013. The franchise has also spawned seven stage musical adaptations, the latest of which opened in Tokyo in May.
http://www.animenewsnetwork.com/news...-models/.92454
Old 05-02-2016, 12:32 PM   #2202
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2010
Moosic, PA

I've recently picked my Vita back up and enjoying it. Such a shame that it no longer has support of any devs other than for indie titles. It is such a fun machine. PS plus alone gives plenty over time to make this thing worth it. So does anyone else still play theirs?
Old 05-02-2016, 10:48 PM   #2203
Special Member

Jul 2010
Shangri-La
Cool

i just bought one a couple months ago and i love it. i only have i think 6 games for it so far. and they are still putting titles out for it such as The Lego games for example. i think i saw they had another game coming out for it but i forget which one that is. still it's a great system and i don't get why playstation is a company that is only paying attention to only 2 systems well mainly. and that's the PS4 and the VR system i forget what it's called.

my apologies, yes they are still putting out PS3 games but not like before i don't think. i could be wrong about that but to me i've noticed that yes we still get new games for it but only if it's also on say the PS4. my question is why create so many systems and at some point not give a damn about them? what's the point of creating a system if you only pay attention to it for so long?

i don't get that logic at all. counting the 4.5 that's 5 systems that they will be supporting by the end of this year. if you want to make money off your product not only do you have to make games for it but also advertise as well.

when is the last time someone saw an add for the Vita for example? it's a system that's still being made why don't we see any commericals or ads for it anymore? or the PS3 either. yes the PS3 has made them a shit ton of money but for a company that is as big as Sony it's just ****ing retarded to pay attention to only 2 systems.

but than what the hell do i know ya know? i only buy their games if i enjoy like or it catches my eye. i can't buy anything if they don't make the product ya know?
Old 05-03-2016, 11:51 PM   #2204
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2007
California

Think the last time I saw an ad for the Vita well technically is the Vita-only Call Of Duty game as far as U.S. Developed games go. But I only pay attention to games made in Japan since Japanese fans do love the Vita.

PS3 is still getting a bunch of games, but most of the time America gets like the PS4 and maybe a PS Vita version while Japan gets the game on all 3 systems. Or there are times now where the PS3 version in America is download-only but PS4 gets a physical copy. Or in games where it's on PS4 and Vita, the Vita version is download-only but PS4 gets a physical copy in the American version.

Basically sometimes it feels like these companies don't want their U.S. Vita and PS3 versions to sell so that people can play it on PS4.
Old 05-05-2016, 07:01 AM   #2205
Special Member

Jul 2010
Shangri-La

i think that's about it. i have no idea what the hell they are thinking but it'd be nice if they let us know. the next Star Wars Lego game is suppose to be on the Vita system as well but the Trailer that i got through you tube only listed the PS3 and PS4 version so go figure.
Old 08-06-2016, 10:20 PM   #2206
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Henkaku made me dig out my Vita, had to dust it off a bit but this is the best use of the Vita in a long time.

Old 08-06-2016, 10:37 PM   #2207
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

I cant wait to have access to my PC and roms again for this reason.
Old 08-07-2016, 06:25 PM   #2208

Feb 2010

Pokemon is looking great I have a like new wifi 3G that I was to see cheap but perhaps shall keep it. Excellent machine. I wish u could make phone calls and do internet on this like a tablet. Watch movies, play games and connect as a controller to PS3 and also online video games via Sony player

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 02-19-2019, 12:29 PM   #2209
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011

Vita production winding down in Japan. Absolutely love my white system. Had to send it in twice for repair. Hoping this one stays alive as new ones aren't easy to find anymore in the West.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2...-down#comments

Quote:
It's finally time to say farewell to PlayStation Vita, as Sony winds down production in Japan.

The remaining two models (PCH-2000 ZA11 Black and PCH-2000 ZA23 Aqua Blue) have both been labelled as ending "soon" on Sony's website.

As Gematsu notes, it's roughly the same time of year a notice for the end of PlayStation 3 production appeared back in 2017. The last PS3 officially rolled off the production line two months after.

Last September, Sony confirmed it would end Vita production in 2019. At the time, exec Hiroyuki Oda confirmed Sony had no plans for a handheld console successor.
Old 02-19-2019, 07:40 PM   #2210
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

#R.I.PsVita
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PlayStation Vita and PlayStation Portable