Best TV Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Haunting of Hill House (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Patlabor the Mobile Police: Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$48.99

Dragon Ball Super: Part 9 (Blu-ray)
$24.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Space Runaway Ideon: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99

Farscape: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Doc Martin: Series 9 (Blu-ray)
$29.49

Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$132.99

Land of the Lustrous: Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$26.99

The Banana Splits Movie (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Scooby-Doo, Where Are You!: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$69.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 09-06-2019, 10:42 PM   #281

Apr 2015
Cleveland, OH
Send a message via Yahoo to DustnBones001 Send a message via Skype™ to DustnBones001

Not really impressed with the season so far. I guess that boils down to I was never invested in vic and helens story. Try as I might I just never cared for vic. And noah's girlfriend story doesn't interest me in the slightest. Nor do I care about the actor that play's noah arc. I can tell they are leading that arc with a romance between him and helen which will no doubt send noah crazy. Yeah that sounds pretty terrible for a final season.

The writing, cinematography, music is still strong however. But story wise I'm not digging this season so far. And the lack of cole is definelty looming over. Making it even harder to get into it.

It's still early in the season. Hopefully they find a way to get me interested soon.

Last edited by DustnBones001; 09-06-2019 at 10:48 PM.
Old 09-07-2019, 05:51 AM   #282
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by DustnBones001 View Post
Not really impressed with the season so far. I guess that boils down to I was never invested in vic and helens story. Try as I might I just never cared for vic. And noah's girlfriend story doesn't interest me in the slightest. Nor do I care about the actor that play's noah arc. I can tell they are leading that arc with a romance between him and helen which will no doubt send noah crazy. Yeah that sounds pretty terrible for a final season.

The writing, cinematography, music is still strong however. But story wise I'm not digging this season so far. And the lack of cole is definelty looming over. Making it even harder to get into it.

It's still early in the season. Hopefully they find a way to get me interested soon.
Itís still terrific IMO. Sounds like you didnít like it much to begin with.
Old 09-07-2019, 04:48 PM   #283

Apr 2015
Cleveland, OH
Send a message via Yahoo to DustnBones001 Send a message via Skype™ to DustnBones001

Quote:
Originally Posted by BluProofie View Post
Itís still terrific IMO. Sounds like you didnít like it much to begin with.
You couldn't be more wrong. Nor should you try to speak for someone. I enjoyed the first 4 seasons a lot and have rewatched them quite a bit. I especially enjoyed season 3 which is the most controversial one. This final season so far has been crap in my opinion as far as story goes. The production quality though of course is still top notch. So it's at least watchable. Hopefully it gets better story wise soon.
Thanks given by:
Wally Q (09-20-2019)
Old 09-07-2019, 05:23 PM   #284
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

They are just lucky that theyíre bringing Montauk back into it. Otherwise the shows would not have my eyes watching it

No Montauk. No show
Old 09-07-2019, 08:12 PM   #285
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
You couldn't be more wrong. Nor should you try to speak for someone.
I didnít.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:21 AM   #286
Power Member

Nov 2009
St. Louis, MO.

Watching tonight’s episode and it’s almost half way through.

I have in the past 4 years loved this series. I think the storyline was for the most part great along the years and the characters especially were always terrific.

I still like the show and think it is decent this season.

However, I feel things are missing. And those two things would be Ruth Wilson and Joshua Jackson. It just doesn’t seem like the same show without them.

As I said, I still am enjoying this season so far. I’m sad the series is ending. But right now I feel like it’s definitely not as good as past seasons. I wish they hadn’t written out Wilson and Jackson’s characters.
Old 09-09-2019, 01:25 AM   #287
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennstl View Post
Watching tonightís episode and itís almost half way through.

I have in the past 4 years loved this series. I think the storyline was for the most part great along the years and the characters especially were always terrific.

However, I feel things are missing. And those two things would be Ruth Wilson and Joshua Jackson. It just doesnít seem like the same show without them.

As I said, I still am enjoying this season so far. Iím sad the series is ending. But right now I feel like itís definitely not as good as past seasons. I wish they hadnít written out Wilson and Jacksonís characters.
They didnít really have a choice in that, though. Both actors decided to leave. Jackson was only signed on for 3 seasons and decided to return for a fourth because he liked the arc. He felt he had done enough with the character and decided to depart.
Thanks given by:
glennstl (09-09-2019)
Old 09-09-2019, 10:46 AM   #288
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by glennstl View Post
Watching tonightís episode and itís almost half way through.

However, I feel things are missing. And those two things would be Ruth Wilson and Joshua Jackson. It just doesnít seem like the same show without them.

As I said, I still am enjoying this season so far. Iím sad the series is ending. But right now I feel like itís definitely not as good as past seasons. I wish they hadnít written out Wilson and Jacksonís characters.
Thatís exactly why they are giving us more Whitney story, along with the new Janelle Wilson (the former principal) story arc. They need to fill the time with something. I would personally rather they spend more time in the ďfuture MontaukĒ side story. Iíve noticed they only dedicate the last few minutes to that
Old 09-09-2019, 11:29 PM   #289

Apr 2015
Cleveland, OH

Quote:
It’s still terrific IMO. Sounds like you didn’t like it much to begin with.
When you post something like "It seems like you never liked it" that is trying to speak for me. Which is a dickish thing to do.

I would love nothing more than to be invested in the final season. I'm not a hard viewer to please. But so far 3 episodes in there's been nothing story wise to interest me.

I'm starting to wonder what was the point of renewing the show for a fifth season. There doesn't seem to be a point to the story so far. All we have so far is a british pretentious actor making moves on helen, janelle and the white guy holding me down sjw crap, noah getting deserpate to get helen back, and 5 minutes of weird futuristic sci fi stuff with joanie. With the only redeeming quality of that for me anyway is annie pacquins tits.

When you look at the current storylines what is there to be interested about? too each their own of course. But I miss when the show focused more on the characters and their flaws in a very realistic relatable way. Now it just seems to be focused solely on trying to get noah and helen back together.

Like I said before it's still a beautifully produced show. It's watchable. It just used to be so much more and I miss that.
Thanks given by:
Fasteddie516 (09-21-2019), glennstl (09-10-2019)
Old 09-10-2019, 04:31 AM   #290
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
When you post something like "It seems like you never liked it" that is trying to speak for me. Which is a dickish thing to do.
You said in your post that you didn’t like the characters or their storylines. That to me implies that you never cared for it. Sorry for the confusion. Just move on.
Old 09-19-2019, 08:33 PM   #291
Expert Member

Jul 2012

Luisa is Back at The Lobster Roll in New Photos
by Ryan Schwartz
September 19, 2019

A blast from Cole Lockhart’s past will return to "The Affair" in an upcoming episode.

New photos from the Showtime drama’s fifth and final season reveal that former series regular Catalina Sandino Moreno will reprise Luisa in Episode 7 (airing Sunday, Oct. 6, at 9/8c). Noah and Whitney encounter Cole’s (estranged?) wife at The Lobster Roll during a day out wedding-dress shopping.

In the Season 4 finale, Luisa and Cole mutually agreed that their relationship was over, but Cole offered to remain married on paper so Luisa could apply to become a U.S. citizen and Joanie’s legal guardian.

In the Sept. 15 episode, it was revealed in the Joanie-centric, future-set timeline that Cole dies in the year 2053 (read recap). It is currently unknown if Luisa remained a part of Joanie’s life following the events of Season 4.

Upon her exit, she was cast opposite Sophia Bush in the CBS drama pilot "Surveillance", which is not moving forward at the network.

https://tvline.com/2019/09/19/the-af...ason-5-photos/
Thanks given by:
eiknarf (09-20-2019), glennstl (09-20-2019)
Old 09-20-2019, 04:11 AM   #292
Power Member

Nov 2009
St. Louis, MO.

Is there any chance that Joshua Jackson will return to his role this final season, even if only for 1 episode or even a cameo?

Or is he 100% out now?

I really miss his acting and character.
Old 09-20-2019, 03:52 PM   #293
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

they're not saying but I imagine he may have a cameo by the end of the run
Thanks given by:
glennstl (09-22-2019)
Old 09-21-2019, 09:04 PM   #294
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by El Rey View Post
they're not saying but I imagine he may have a cameo by the end of the run
Itís really a shame.

And not that this matters, but, neither Ruth Wilson nor Joshua Jackson are as ďpopularĒ since leaving this show.

Again, no need to retort with, ďItís not about fameĒ or something related to that.

I know that

But then what are they doing?
Are either of them doing something better than The Affair?
Because at best, less people (and at worst, nobody) see them doing their craft (acting) now. Isnít acting what they love?

They both said it wasnít about money.

So itís not about fame or money

So did they hate the direction the story was going?
Old 09-21-2019, 09:17 PM   #295
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
Itís really a shame.

And not that this matters, but, neither Ruth Wilson nor Joshua Jackson are as ďpopularĒ since leaving this show.

Again, no need to retort with, ďItís not about fameĒ or something related to that.

I know that

But then what are they doing?
Are either of them doing something better than The Affair?
Because at best, less people (and at worst, nobody) see them doing their craft (acting) now. Isnít acting what they love?

They both said it wasnít about money.

So itís not about fame or money

So did they hate the direction the story was going?
Ruth starred in three shows after leaving(one of them for HBO). Sheís doing fine.
Thanks given by:
El Rey (09-21-2019)
Old 09-21-2019, 09:49 PM   #296
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Ruth starred in three shows after leaving(one of them for HBO). Sheís doing fine.
Are they better than The Affair?

Anyone here watching/watched these three shows?

As the days go by, Iím slowly forgetting what she looks like, sounds like...etc
Old 09-21-2019, 10:21 PM   #297
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Sacramento, CA

Well better is subjective. They are both good actors and I don't think either of them will be hurting for work.
Old 09-21-2019, 11:40 PM   #298
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2012
New York City

Quote:
Originally Posted by eiknarf View Post
Are they better than The Affair?

Anyone here watching/watched these three shows?

oAs the days go by, Iím slowly forgetting what she looks like, sounds like...etc
Pretty sure lots of people watch Luther and His Dark Materials is one of the most anticipated shows of this year.
Thanks given by:
El Rey (09-22-2019)
Old 09-22-2019, 03:23 PM   #299

Aug 2016

Not really a fan of the past two episodes. I always enjoy Helenís but the others have been lacking. The Sierra segment in particular was unnecessary.
Old 09-22-2019, 04:04 PM   #300
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2011
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by mikeinvegas7 View Post
Not really a fan of the past two episodes. I always enjoy Helenís but the others have been lacking. The Sierra segment in particular was unnecessary.
Tonightís gonna be more Sierra when her mother shows up
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows