Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Guardians of the Galaxy 4K (Blu-ray)
C$18.88

Ant-Man 4K (Blu-ray)
C$24.96

Trilogy of Terror (Blu-ray)
C$16.16
17 hrs ago
Thor: The Dark World 4K (Blu-ray)
C$21.99

Toy Story 4 4K (Blu-ray)
C$29.96

Chernobyl (Blu-ray)
C$24.89

Godzilla: King of the Monsters (Blu-ray)
C$20.00

The Mule (Blu-ray)
C$15.00

A Silent Voice (Blu-ray)
C$15.00

3 From Hell (Blu-ray)
C$22.96

Rocketman (Blu-ray)
C$19.96

Vikings: The Fifth Season - Part Two (Blu-ray)
C$30.48

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 12-03-2017, 02:47 AM   #21
Contributor

Aug 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tezster View Post
For Amazon US - just use a cross border shipping service. There are no additional import fees aside from sales taxes, and customs fees will be applied in a very consistent basis i.e. if you're not supposed to be charged for it, you aren't.
ya i use one called mymailbox.com they charge no fees for processing ur package and they will also combined packages into 1 for free also there warehouse is in Delaware witch is a tax free state for online shopping. the only thing u have to pay them for is the cost of shipping. u also get to fill in the customs value so u can put down whatever u want. they have a usps air mail option that's even cheaper then usps first class. it has tracking up till it reaches Canada. u can pay a bit more for e-packet to have full tracking if u want but air mail is pretty good. u also get $100 insurance on the package at no cost u can add more if u want to pay extra for more.

one thing that's good to do though is when u request a repackaging is to message and request they package using a box as the bubble mailers they use are crap and provide 0 protection but they have no issue with using a box if u ask and they wrap things pretty good with bubble wrap.

about the only issue is there c/s can be rather slow. they have no live chat or phone support and they dont help via facebook or twitter. only option is email.
Thanks given by:
tezster (12-06-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 10:33 PM   #22

May 2017
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rui View Post
i'll echo what others have said. my order arrived ok, but shipment took quite a bit. I wasn't charged anything extra.

One extra bit to note is that JB charges Australian tax which you can actually email them to credit back to you because you're not an Australian citizen.
I just wanted to say thanks for this tip; I got a refund from them today! It wasn't much but it's really good to know
Thanks given by:
Rui (12-05-2017)
Old 12-05-2017, 11:53 PM   #23
Expert Member

Sep 2011

My amazon.co.uk order from November 17 arrived yesterday. Went from UPS i-parcel to Canada Post to my regular home address. Had one "error" in the tracking, but corrected itself.

The order was £58.66 (Star Trek Next Gen and Battlestar Galactica sets) and I was charged £8.87 for Import fees, no additional charges had to be paid outside of that. Standard Shipping.

Good news it was wrapped REALLY WELL (double cardboard lid!), and it came in pristine condition.

Most likely everyone here orders regularly from co.uk, but I thought I'd share my experience too.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:10 PM   #24

Mar 2015
Canada

Just thought I'd add a quick somewhat "negative" experience with Amazon.co.uk.

I've never had a problem with ordering from them before, and I've used them multiple times over the years. Shipping is usually pretty quick (under 2 weeks), no customs/duty fees, items always in perfect condition.

I had recently ordered the 3D versions of The Force Awakens and Rogue One from them. They're going to be Christmas gifts for someone. So they both ship out separately, with two different shippers (I forget which couriers at the top of my head). I receive Rogue One in the mail within a week (had to sign for it), that was fine.
Yesterday I receive an e-mail saying I have received a refund for The Force Awakens. I thought that was pretty odd, so I log into my Amazon account and see that my item has been returned to them. It says possible reasons for the return could be 1) Item got damaged and sent back to them, 2) courier couldn't find my address, or 3) I declined the parcel. 2 and 3 are ones that definitely didn't happen, so I'm assuming the parcel got damaged along the way and was shipped back to Amazon.

Has anyone else ever have that happen to them? I was kinda surprised that Amazon just sent me a refund and didn't ask if I wanted a replacement. However, I will say that I'm glad I got a full refund from Amazon very promptly.

Epilogue to this story, I ordered the 3D version of The Force Awakens from Zavvi instead (for a little cheaper price too), so hopefully that parcel arrives before Christmas.
Old 12-06-2017, 04:25 PM   #25

Mar 2010
Canada

I got pretty aweful experience with Amazon.co.uk recently;

First, I preorder back in July The Thing LE, Romaro Boxet and Miracle Miles all from Arrow. The package with those two get shipped at the release day, but weeks later at the end of October I received a courriel that the package was return to them and i'll get the refund. I was pretty pissed off because The Thing sold out in hour. Now, I'm not able to find it (at the same price). And thats just the beganing...

3 or 4 days later I received only the refund for the Thing. Thats pretty weird because I ordered both in the same order. I contact the customer service five times in three weeks for the refund of George Romaro boxet. I received it after those three weeks... and they gave me 10£ in credit. What a joke!

Meanwhile, Miracle miles get shipped on release day. It was due to arrive the third of November... One month later I still wait of it. So they refund me.

Its not finish yet... Last week, with the 10£ credit I ordered Vacantion boxet. You know what? After three days, I received Another courriel... the package is return to them!
I reordered it two days later with a different adresse.

My expectation are low at this point...
Old 12-06-2017, 07:17 PM   #26
Blu-ray Samurai

Sep 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron158 View Post
actually before 2014 there old website use to charge shipping based on weight so it would start at like 8 bucks and then as u added more it would just go up a little they would ship everything in one package. but in 2014 after they re did the website they stopped combining items into 1 package now its basically treating each item as if it were its own order and charging a full shipping cost for it they no long ship multiple items in 1 package every item will be put in its own mailer. if they finally fixed this again that would be great having to pay 8.5 for each item sucked i asked there c/s if they could fix that once before and they said no that its just the way it is now.
My last order from JB about a month ago, shipping was $3 AUD for each blu-ray instead of the $8.49 it was previously.
Old 12-06-2017, 07:35 PM   #27
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

My last order from Barnes & Noble which was for the 8-film Harry Potter 4K set and Beach Rats arrived last week with no duty. Shipped via UPS and left at my door with no signature required. The total price of the order was written right on the packing slip visible through a clear sleeve, over $130 US and no duty so I was happy!
Old 12-06-2017, 08:33 PM   #28

Mar 2010
London, Ontario

Yep.
Old 12-06-2017, 11:19 PM   #29
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
My last order from Barnes & Noble which was for the 8-film Harry Potter 4K set and Beach Rats arrived last week with no duty. Shipped via UPS and left at my door with no signature required. The total price of the order was written right on the packing slip visible through a clear sleeve, over $130 US and no duty so I was happy!
Be wary. That has been standard UPS procedure for years. Then you get the bill in the mail.

Not saying it'll happen *this* time, but that's how they did it, saved arguments between drivers and customers etc., let the bill collectors fight it out you.

But some U.S. retailers use a UPS service where everything is prepaid/cleared/whatever, and that is IMO the "best" delivery service out there, when you can get it. No hassles at all, right to your door, nobody needs to be at home.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:11 AM   #30

Jul 2009

Is duty/taxes supposed to be charged on the total amount including shipping or just the product cost? I ordered something from Australia recently and got charged taxes on total including shipping. I'd like to see where shipping is dutyable in writing. Some other countries don't do it that way. Oh yeah, shipping is a service, there you go, GST, goods and services tax!
Old 12-07-2017, 01:43 AM   #31
Expert Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tyee View Post
Is duty/taxes supposed to be charged on the total amount including shipping or just the product cost? I ordered something from Australia recently and got charged taxes on total including shipping. I'd like to see where shipping is dutyable in writing. Some other countries don't do it that way. Oh yeah, shipping is a service, there you go, GST, goods and services tax!
I will wager if the specified export shipping label value of the product included the shipping cost, then that's the fault of the shipper. Canada Customs won't know how much you paid for shipping and handling or presume to know, it takes the value specified and the type of product and goes from there.
Old 12-07-2017, 02:10 AM   #32
Expert Member

Dec 2016
Ontario, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraser View Post
Be wary. That has been standard UPS procedure for years. Then you get the bill in the mail.

Not saying it'll happen *this* time, but that's how they did it, saved arguments between drivers and customers etc., let the bill collectors fight it out you.
Came here to mention as well. This happened a few years back with FedEx. I'm pretty sure I ordered something less than $30 and a week later, I get the letter owing 9 bucks and change. lol
Old 12-07-2017, 03:01 AM   #33
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by cfraser View Post

But some U.S. retailers use a UPS service where everything is prepaid/cleared/whatever, and that is IMO the "best" delivery service out there, when you can get it. No hassles at all, right to your door, nobody needs to be at home.
I have had Barnes and Noble ship multiple orders with UPS for me and never any duty/tax charges at the door or afterwards in the mail. Barnes and Noble collects tax when you checkout so there should not be any duty/tax charges anyways.

Also got my Kino order that I made last month today. Had to pay duty.
Old 12-07-2017, 12:16 PM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Yeah every time I've ordered from Barnes and Noble I've never had to pay duty, but this was the first time I've had such an expensive order too. So I'm hoping I remain in the non-duty party.

For those that get the bills in the mail - - - do you pay it? Or just ignore it and they go away?
Old 12-07-2017, 01:47 PM   #35

Nov 2010
Ottawa

Quote:
Yeah every time I've ordered from Barnes and Noble I've never had to pay duty, but this was the first time I've had such an expensive order too. So I'm hoping I remain in the non-duty party.

For those that get the bills in the mail - - - do you pay it? Or just ignore it and they go away?
My July BN order (i only order from them during their biennial Criterion sales) I was actually charged taxes and processing (it's not duty, as others have pointed out). It had never happened before, and it didn't happen with my November order.

As for those getting bills by mail after the fact, I have a question about that. It's my understanding from reading several different sources that the shipper is supposed to give you the option of clearing the package yourself (which I did with the above-mentioned BN order), and that this is a requirement of CBSA. So if the shipper never does that, and only sends you a bill after the fact, haven't they violated CBSA requirements. Couldn't you then file a complaint against them, and perhaps have justification for not paying the bill? I don't know, I'm not an expert in these things.
Old 12-07-2017, 03:26 PM   #36
Contributor

Aug 2011

BN they ship packages to a warehouse in fort erie ON then the packages get re labeled as canada post expedited parcel. the last time i ordered from them i got the package like 4 days after getting the shipping notice witch was crazy because before it always took ages to get packages from them like 5-6 weeks.
Old 12-07-2017, 04:35 PM   #37
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaron158 View Post
BN they ship packages to a warehouse in fort erie ON then the packages get re labeled as canada post expedited parcel. the last time i ordered from them i got the package like 4 days after getting the shipping notice witch was crazy because before it always took ages to get packages from them like 5-6 weeks.
Yep, I noticed it was a pretty fast turnaround for me too. Which is great. Used to take a few weeks to receive parcels from BN.com

Still waiting on a few items from DeepDiscount, but it's only been a few days so we'll see how long they take...
Old 12-07-2017, 04:54 PM   #38
Expert Member

Jun 2011
Toronto area, Canada

Re the UPS bills in the mail: I just paid them. I expected to pay anyway, when I didn't have to pay at the door I was hoping I'd "escaped", but didn't really think so...

I've heard that the collectors UPS uses will chase you for years for even $20. No experience myself.

I think if UPS left a package without a signature, or some other proof of delivery, that you're fine and you'll most probably not get a bill.
Old 12-07-2017, 05:56 PM   #39
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

If they didn't ask for a signature, what proof is there that you agreed to the duty charges?
Old 12-07-2017, 06:20 PM   #40
Expert Member

Sep 2011

Quote:

If they didn't ask for a signature, what proof is there that you agreed to the duty charges?
Exactly!

This confuses me as we donít hire UPS, they were assigned at random. How could you expect to be charged for something you didnít choose to use.

This is not like something like the 407 in Ontario, where you voluntarily give up your license plate info for billing because youíre on a toll road.

You have to agree to charges, even if they are mentioned to may occur in the contract on sale.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals