Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$18.39
15 hrs ago
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

One Missed Call Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.03

Hitchcock: British International Pictures Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.83
13 hrs ago
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Automotive

Old 03-30-2017, 03:17 PM   #421

Aug 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

Just traded in my 2005 Acura RSX last September.

Thanks given by:
BizCat (03-30-2017), MaCruz (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 04:07 PM   #422
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

I'd ask if you guys were into customization too but this is a movie collecting message boards so I think I already know the answer
Old 03-30-2017, 07:05 PM   #423

Aug 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
I'd ask if you guys were into customization too but this is a movie collecting message boards so I think I already know the answer
Just bolt onl parts like intake/header/exhaust type stuff, tint, wheels suspension. I have no experience messing around with the interior or body conversions like you did with your civic.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 07:07 PM   #424
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by civiclx View Post
When I had my 02 RSX-S, I dropped the car about 2 inches and had in Injen intake. Nothing too fancy.

My current car, the TL has the Acura option: A-Spec package (Rims, body kit, suspension, and badging).

I also have sway bars for better handling, and I have a K&N drop in filter. Pretty much my car is stock. I like the clean look, again nothing too fancy.

I just reached 238,000 miles and I need to post pics (again) to brag and show off the cleanest Acura on this site.
Thanks given by:
civiclx (03-30-2017)
Old 03-30-2017, 07:12 PM   #425
Community Gaming Moderator

Mar 2009
Jacksonville, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheHills44060 View Post
Yep same thing happened last summer for my ex's 2010 Fit. Honda gave her a rental for about 3-4 months before the parts were available.
Really?

This Honda dealership did not provide my wife, my parents in law, or my parents a rental when they had the recall done. They all basically drove their cars until the dealer had the parts in stock.

As a matter of fact, my wife's Fit was done during the past summer. Evidently, they had the parts in stock just sitting there, but the service advisor failed to call her to schedule an appointment. Only way my wife found out her parts were available is when she took her car for an oil change. I keep telling her to get her Honda serviced at my Acura dealer as her Honda dealership tends to forget things because they are constantly busy, and do not take their time with their customers.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:17 PM   #426
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
Just bolt onl parts like intake/header/exhaust type stuff, tint, wheels suspension. I have no experience messing around with the interior or body conversions like you did with your civic.
That's still pretty good though. I think my first customizations were rims which I actually got from Sears Those are the chrome ones in the first couple pics. I got it dropped I think right at the same time or like in the same two day period and when I dropped it, that's when I got pretty hooked.

Besides the body kit, the things that aren't as noticeable are the rear door handles, side moldings, antenna and back trunk were shaved. I had the main work done while I stationed in Japan. My mom and stepdad took it down to this body shop in SoCal that was really known for its custom work. They had done a lot of the cars that you saw on the covers of Import Tuner. After that, it was taken over to the interior shop and they had a reputation as being one of the top upholstery shops in the scene. I had never even been to the shop before but I had heard of them and knew their reputation so I let them do their thing.

I had actually wanted to do a GSR engine swap next but I couldn't afford it. Admittedly, I was always a show guy over a street guy. No real interest in going to the street races or anything like that. No flexin, just flossin' as I would say and I always had my headline ready if I ever made the cover of Import Tuner; "4 Door Flex Appeal"
Sorry for talk so much
Quote:
Originally Posted by MaCruz View Post
When I had my 02 RSX-S, I dropped the car about 2 inches and had in Injen intake. Nothing too fancy.

My current car, the TL has the Acura option: A-Spec package (Rims, body kit, suspension, and badging).

I also have sway bars for better handling, and I have a K&N drop in filter. Pretty much my car is stock. I like the clean look, again nothing too fancy.

I just reached 238,000 miles and I need to post pics (again) to brag and show off the cleanest Acura on this site.
I glanced at one of your posts where you mentioned the mileage. That's incredible
Even having the RSX dropped and installing an intake is something. Dropping it is certainly cooler than just simply swapping a badge out I did do that myself so not hating on it haha Look forward to seeing the pics of the TL. What year is it and did you buy it new? If it's the same style that I'm thinking of, I really like those. I think I was interested in one back in '04 but I couldn't afford it so I went with a Mazda 6 sedan.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:40 PM   #427

Aug 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

Quote:
Same here. The RSX is a 4x4 without a drop so my very first mod was Mugen SS coilovers. Had 191,000 miles when i traded it in.

Quote:
Really?
This Honda dealership did not provide my wife, my parents in law, or my parents a rental when they had the recall done. They all basically drove their cars until the dealer had the parts in stock.
We pretty much insisted on them paying for a rental especially given the several month time frame they gave us. Ended up with a Prius and she hated it the whole time.
Old 03-30-2017, 07:42 PM   #428
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980

Quote:
Same here. The RSX is a 4x4 without a drop so my very first mod was Mugen SS coilovers. Had 191,000 miles when i traded it in.

We pretty much insisted on them paying for a rental especially given the several month time frame they gave us. Ended up with a Prius and she hated it the whole time.
Nobody likes the prius
Old 03-30-2017, 08:02 PM   #429
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:

Mugen, wow How much did those cost? I had Ground Controls and I would have loved to have switched up to air bags someday.
Old 03-31-2017, 01:13 PM   #430

Aug 2012
Cleveland, Ohio

If I remember correctly they were about 1500 - 1600 bucks. The drop could have been just a shade lower, maybe another .40 inches but the ride and handling was great.

I did have the common Mugen issue where the drivers side rear sagged a bit which ticked me off. For the price that should never happen.
Old 03-31-2017, 04:33 PM   #431
Blu-ray Baron

Nov 2008
San Jose, Ca USAwesome!

Quote:
If I remember correctly they were about 1500 - 1600 bucks. The drop could have been just a shade lower, maybe another .40 inches but the ride and handling was great.

I did have the common Mugen issue where the drivers side rear sagged a bit which ticked me off. For the price that should never happen.
Yeah you're certainly right about that. I did pick up a Mugen lip when I was in Japan but it was for someone else. I also brought back a Mugen strut tower bar but I ended up giving it to my bodyshop guy.
Old 01-16-2018, 06:42 AM   #432
Blu-ray Knight

Sep 2011
Behind the wheel of my Civic [DX]
Default Car of the Year: HONDA ACCORD

Quote:
The Honda Accord won Car of the Year on Monday at the Detroit Auto Show.

The Accord beat the Toyota Camry and the Kia Stinger.

Honda rolled out a completely new car for the 2018 model year. It's powered by a choice of two different four-cylinder turbocharged engines. Hybrid and high-performance versions are offered. It's also the biggest Accord ever, in terms of interior space.
http://money.cnn.com/2018/01/15/auto...ear/index.html

Third year in a row that Honda has won an automobile award.
Thanks given by:
GLaDOS (02-09-2018)
Old 02-17-2018, 02:23 PM   #433
Blu-ray Count

May 2009
Fujiwara Tofu Shop

The pragmatist in me says my new car should be a Honda Accord Sport with a 2.0L engine and a stick.

The hoon in me says I should get a Civic Type-R instead.

If I choose the latter, most likely I'd end up like this guy:

Thanks given by:
VictoryAtNight (03-04-2018)
Old 08-13-2018, 04:47 AM   #434

Dec 2017

I have a 09 Accord. It is my DD. Current mods include 20% tint all around, LEDs for the interior and license plates, and window deflectors. It has all-season Bridgestone tires. My next plan is to add a HID kit.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Automotive