Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
11 hrs ago
Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.27

Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Madagascar: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99

Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49

The Divergent Series: 3-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
57 min ago
Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere

Old 10-02-2018, 05:07 AM   #1

Oct 2013
Default iTunes 4K upgrade ports via Movies Anywhere

So far, everything that I've received the free 4K upgrade for in iTunes has ported to GooglePlay and FandangoNow in 4K when it is available in 4K on those sites regardless if it is a new purchase or an older movie that got the upgrade. For the most part, only newer purchases or code redemptions have given me the 4K version in Vudu if I didn't already have the movie in my Vudu library.
There have been a few exceptions where a 4K upgrade in iTunes has ported to Vudu in 4K even though I already owned the title. Oblivion, The Bourne Legacy, Furious 7 Extended and possibly Lucy come to mind.

Does anyone know of any other titles that have had the 4K upgrade port through to Vudu if the title is already owned in Vudu?
Old 10-02-2018, 02:28 PM   #2

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by wvblueandgold View Post
So far, everything that I've received the free 4K upgrade for in iTunes has ported to GooglePlay and FandangoNow in 4K when it is available in 4K on those sites regardless if it is a new purchase or an older movie that got the upgrade. For the most part, only newer purchases or code redemptions have given me the 4K version in Vudu if I didn't already have the movie in my Vudu library.
There have been a few exceptions where a 4K upgrade in iTunes has ported to Vudu in 4K even though I already owned the title. Oblivion, The Bourne Legacy, Furious 7 Extended and possibly Lucy come to mind.

Does anyone know of any other titles that have had the 4K upgrade port through to Vudu if the title is already owned in Vudu?
My experience has been that only new purchases and code redemptions pass the 4K upgrade along to MA (not just on Vudu, but MA won't show it as a 4K license if Apple upgrades it in the future). When MA first began, I think Vudu wasn't upgrading it if you already owned it on Vudu, but there were a lot of glitches early on and they fixed that behavior at some point.

Unless I'm mistaken, when it comes to code redemptions, the only ones where it's plausible are Universal titles like you've listed, but I think those were all available in 4K on iTunes last fall, so it's possible that got pushed into MA as 4K when you first linked and later Vudu fixed their issue with upgrading via another MA provider.

I had redeemed Lone Survivor as HD on Vudu last fall (I think I got it on a Black Friday deal, so late November/early December) so I could get the UV rights on a shared library, then used the iTunes portion and it updated MA to 4K but not Vudu. Today, Vudu shows it as 4K, so they did change the behavior along the way somewhere.
Old 10-02-2018, 06:36 PM   #3

Oct 2013

I just checked Lone Survivor in Vudu and I have the 4K version there now too.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere