Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Ghostbusters 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.96

How to Train Your Dragon 3D (Blu-ray)
$6.99

Spider-Man: Homecoming 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.45

The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Abominable 3D (Blu-ray)
$36.00

The Polar Express 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.86

Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.75

Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

Transformers: Dark of the Moon 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.06

The Universe in 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.86

The Hobbit: The Battle of the Five Armies 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.49

Parasite 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.87

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology

Old 12-20-2018, 11:06 PM   #461

Jun 2011

[QUOTE=Joe D.;15883966]Hi Boss,

Great 3D and story but if you're scared of heights, watching it on your headset is not recommended. Were you also referring to The Walk VR game as well as the 3D Blu-ray?
Old 12-21-2018, 12:15 AM   #462
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

[quote=BossTweed;15891016]
Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi Boss,

Great 3D and story but if you're scared of heights, watching it on your headset is not recommended. Were you also referring to The Walk VR game as well as the 3D Blu-ray?
Hi boss,

Only the movie.
Old 12-22-2018, 06:02 AM   #463
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Hi Boss,

Just watched The Croods. There were many dark scenes when in the cave and so I turned the darbee on and off to see if there was little difference as you mentioned.

I found it didn't make as dramatic a difference as with normal brightness, however, it still made images a bit sharper. Don't forget, when in a darkened situation, our own vision loses detail as is natural.
Old 12-25-2018, 04:39 PM   #464

Jun 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post
Hi Boss,

Just watched The Croods. There were many dark scenes when in the cave and so I turned the darbee on and off to see if there was little difference as you mentioned.

I found it didn't make as dramatic a difference as with normal brightness, however, it still made images a bit sharper. Don't forget, when in a darkened situation, our own vision loses detail as is natural.
Yes! that is true! I have been watching the Star Wars movies 1-8 and The Holiday Special with The Darbee and it really makes them look much better! The 3D effect is better with the Darbee now than without it!
Old 12-25-2018, 05:59 PM   #465
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by BossTweed View Post
Yes! that is true! I have been watching the Star Wars movies 1-8 and The Holiday Special with The Darbee and it really makes them look much better! The 3D effect is better with the Darbee now than without it!
Hi Boss,

I really do love it and would recommend the darbee to everyone. It is not artificial enhancement but additional processing of each pixel and that is evident when one notices there is no blanket change throughout the picture when in pause. Not everything is affected in proportion to others. With some objects there is little or no change in saturation, sharpness or detail. In others there is some while others the improvement is tremendous. And it's specific. Color could remain the same on some but not others. Same with sharpness and detail. So it's not adding anything "fake".

I understand the darbee is incorporated on Oppo's high end Blu-ray players. What else needs to be said? But this add on enables us to use it on cable and even VHS tapes instead of just DVDs and Blu-rays.

Happy and healthy holidays to you, your family and friends from my wife Mary Jane and I.
Old 12-26-2018, 10:47 PM   #466
Special Member

Mar 2010

A couple projectors from Optima have Darbee built in.
Thanks given by:
BossTweed (12-27-2018), Joe D. (12-27-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology