Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 hr ago
Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
11 hrs ago
Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.27

Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Madagascar: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.99
4 hrs ago
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99

Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49

The Divergent Series: 3-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$7.99
59 min ago
Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

The Mummy Ultimate Trilogy 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Godzilla: The Showa-Era Films, 1954-1975 (Blu-ray)
$112.49

Jack Ryan 5-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere

Old 03-27-2019, 04:43 PM   #1

Jul 2013
Los Angeles
Default Lot of missing movies in MA

Anyone have movies vanish on them? I finally went through my movies to compare what I have on UV and Vudu vs what I have in Movies Anywhere. 58 are missing, and there is one movie I have never seen nor purchased that I assume was some other movie I owned and its code got mangled and became something else along the way. Anyway, movies disappearing is why I am skeptical of buying movies this way so I'm glad I have blu rays!

There are a lot of Disney titles that I also remember having on Disney's first service so I have no clue what happened to them. My vanished titles:

101 Dalmations
Anchorman
Anchorman 2
Ant-Man
Arrival
Ben-Hur (new)
Bolt
Captain America Civil War
Captain America The Winter Soldier
Chicago
A Christmas Carol (Disney 3d)
Dr. Strange
Dredd
Enders Game
Finding Dory
Ghost
Ghost in the Shell
GI Joe Retailiation
Gods of Egypt
Guardians of the Galaxy
Guardians of the Galaxy 2
Hansel and Gretl Witch Hunters
Hercules (the rock one)
The Hunger Games (all four movies are gone)
Inside Out
Intersteller
Iron Man 3
It Follows
John Carter
Jungle Book (live action, animated shows)
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
The Avengers
Mission Impossible 5
Moana
Monsters Inc.
A Nightmare Before Christmas
Noah
Oculus
Overlord
Pirates of the Carribean On Stranger Tides
Star Trek Into Darkness
Star Wars the Force Awakens
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows
Terminator Genisys
Top Gun
Transformers
Transformers Age of Extinction
Transformers The Last Knight
Turbo
Tron Legacy
Warm Bodies
Wreck it Ralph
Zootopia
Old 03-27-2019, 04:49 PM   #2
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2017
California
-
-
-

MI5, Transformers, & the Star Treks are all Paramount titles, & Dredd a Lionsgate one, so they won't appear anyway. Can't speak as to some of the Disney ones though. Solo is the only Disney title I have digitally, and it's there.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:03 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatscifiguy View Post
Anyone have movies vanish on them? I finally went through my movies to compare what I have on UV and Vudu vs what I have in Movies Anywhere. 58 are missing, and there is one movie I have never seen nor purchased that I assume was some other movie I owned and its code got mangled and became something else along the way. Anyway, movies disappearing is why I am skeptical of buying movies this way so I'm glad I have blu rays!

There are a lot of Disney titles that I also remember having on Disney's first service so I have no clue what happened to them. My vanished titles:

[Show spoiler]101 Dalmations
Anchorman
Anchorman 2
Ant-Man
Arrival
Ben-Hur (new)
Bolt
Chicago
Dr. Strange
Dredd
Enders Game
Finding Dory
Ghost
Ghost in the Shell
GI Joe Retailiation
Gods of Egypt
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hansel and Gretl Witch Hunters
Hercules (the rock one)
The Hunger Games (all four movies are gone)
Inside Out
Intersteller
Iron Man 3
It Follows
John Carter
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
The Avengers
Mission Impossible 5
Moana
Monsters Inc.
Noah
Oculus
Overlord
Star Trek Into Darkness
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows
Terminator Genisys
Top Gun
Transformers
Transformers Age of Extinction
Transformers The Last Knight
Turbo
Tron Legacy
Warm Bodies
Wreck it Ralph
Zootopia
You can't use your UV numbers or even your Vudu numbers to directly compare to MA as was pointed out, not all UV movies are MA and not all movies in Vudu are MA, so you have a lot of mistakes in your list
You need to check your Vudu to MA link and make sure you are linking the correct accounts. If you linked a vudu subaccount, Disney movies are not shared on Vudu and will not tranfer to MA. If this is not the case you may need to unlink and relink MA and Vudu.

When you set up MA did you import your DMA titles? They did not import automatically unless you initiated the import.

On what service did you acquire the missing movies? Is that service still linked?

Last edited by Greyman; 03-27-2019 at 06:19 PM.
Old 03-27-2019, 06:43 PM   #4

Jul 2013
Los Angeles

Thanks JEDGAR1000, I didn't realize some studios still didn't participate.

"When you set up MA did you import your DMA titles? They did not import automatically unless you initiated the import."

Um...I don't remember doing anything in particular no. How was I supposed to know that? Can I still?
Old 03-27-2019, 08:00 PM   #5

Jul 2014
Omicron Persei 8

Quote:
Anyway, movies disappearing is why I am skeptical of buying movies this way so I'm glad I have blu rays!
But they really didn't disappear though when Paramount, Lionsgate, MGM and Miramax are the big studios that are not participating in Movies Anywhere. Then there are the smaller studios, such as STX Entertainment and DreamWorks (owned by Paramount) that do not participate as well. To even further confuse consumers, you'll see DreamWorks Animation titles on Movies Anywhere, but that's because Universal Studios now owns them and Universal is apart of Movies Anywhere.

A good way to tell what is and isn't MA prior to purchase, check VUDU. You can scroll down to the bottom of each page and it'll tell you what studio the movie is from. If it's from a participating studio, it will have a Movies Anywhere logo typically by the film title at the top of the page.

Out of boredom at work, just to clarify what wont appear in your MA account:

Quote:
My vanished titles:

101 Dalmations
Anchorman (Paramount)
Anchorman 2 (Paramount)
Ant-Man
Arrival (Paramount)
Ben-Hur (new) (MGM)
Bolt
Chicago (Miramax)
Dr. Strange
Dredd (Lionsgate)
Enders Game (Lionsgate)
Finding Dory
Ghost (Paramount)
Ghost in the Shell (DreamWorks aka Paramount)
GI Joe Retailiation (Paramount)
Gods of Egypt (Lionsgate)
Guardians of the Galaxy
Hansel and Gretl Witch Hunters (Paramount)
Hercules (the rock one) (MGM)
The Hunger Games (all four movies are gone) (Lionsgate)
Inside Out
Intersteller (Paramount)
Iron Man 3
It Follows (Radius)
John Carter
The Lion King
The Little Mermaid
The Avengers
Mission Impossible 5 (Paramount)
Moana
Monsters Inc.
Noah (Paramount)
Oculus (Relativity Media)
Overlord (Paramount)
Star Trek Into Darkness (Paramount)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (Paramount)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles Out of the Shadows (Paramount)
Terminator Genisys (Paramount)
Top Gun (Paramount)
Transformers (Paramount)
Transformers Age of Extinction (Paramount)
Transformers The Last Knight (Paramount)
Turbo
Tron Legacy
Warm Bodies (Summit)
Wreck it Ralph
Zootopia
Quote:
How was I supposed to know that? Can I still?
It asked you the first time you signed up to MA, when linking all the streaming services to your account. lol. There's more info needed to fully understand what is going on with your account such as, are some Disney titles appearing in your MA account, while those listed aren't? If yes, are they newer releases? I'm starting to wonder if you signed up with a new email than what you should have when you created your MA account.....

If you used an entirely new email than the one attached to your old DMA account, then you screwed up. If it's the same email and were completely oblivious to the MA and DMA warnings to import your Disney titles by February 2018 or if you signed up past that date and still didn't follow the proper instructions to import your collection over, there still is a chance to connect them. You have to contact them via email according to their FAQ:
https://help.moviesanywhere.com/hc/e...vies-Anywhere-

The chances that you suddenly had 20-something movies disappear is extremely unlikely and here's why.... that Turbo title is from Dreamworks Animation. That's the red flag. The rest are all Disney that you are missing, except for that one title. Again, I don't know what is fully in your MA account in correlation to your VUDU/iTunes and the amount of titles you own... but, are you even sure your VUDU account is connected to your MA account? What does your MA account even show? Did you link up a sub-account from VUDU to MA? It's kind of hard to help suggest solutions, when big pieces of the puzzle are missing...

At any rate... first things first... Unlink your VUDU account from MA, wait about 5-10 minutes, then re-link VUDU back to MA (sometimes signing out completely of MA and VUDU and signing back in helps to refresh the connection to your account). This is what MA Customer Support will have you do anyways as it seems to solve missing imports. Other than that, hit that link above and contact them.
Thanks given by:
thatscifiguy (03-27-2019)
Old 03-27-2019, 09:07 PM   #6
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Dec 2008
DMV

I have several of the Disney titles listed in the OP in my MA account (Dalmatians, Zootopia, Force Awakens, among others), and they all show up there currently. So no idea what's going on with the OP's account
Old 03-27-2019, 09:18 PM   #7

Jul 2013
Los Angeles

You rock ileadfarmer!

I'm pretty sure I did everything it told me to do but who knows. It feels like ages ago. Anyway I sent an email to MA. I used the same email for DMA and DMR so lets see what they can find.
Old 03-27-2019, 11:04 PM   #8
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Petra_Kalbrain View Post
The BDs on my shelves never go missing and never need to be hunted for beyond searching alphabetically. No fuss.
Why does there always need to be threadcrapping in the digital forums from evangelical physical media users?!

Seriously?
Thanks given by:
Admiral (04-08-2019), AnemicOak (03-28-2019), AZBrowncoat (03-28-2019), Dustin44 (03-28-2019), Greyman (03-27-2019), iGlide (03-28-2019), ileadfarmer (03-28-2019), jackinbox (07-13-2019), odisn (03-29-2019), Undeadcow (03-28-2019)
Old 03-28-2019, 06:06 AM   #9

Jul 2014
Omicron Persei 8

Quote:
You rock ileadfarmer!

I'm pretty sure I did everything it told me to do but who knows. It feels like ages ago. Anyway I sent an email to MA. I used the same email for DMA and DMR so lets see what they can find.
Hopefully for your sake, it's just a quick re-sync on their end... but, they might make you jump through hoops to prove you own the films (eg. pics of Blu-ray discs + cases, code sheets, receipts). So just be prepared for a potential headache of back and forth replies. lol

If all of these Disney and that DreamWorks Animated title are in your VUDU account, locate them in your purchase history page (VUDU keeps a record of everything that is attached to your account). Try and screen shot the titles being in your purchase history as proof of purchase. That method worked out for me just recently, but a few reported their Movies Anywhere CS Rep being a bit stubborn and not accepting this method as proof. So it might be a ymmv situation and all depends on the CS Rep handling your case at that time. Good luck.
Old 03-28-2019, 09:36 PM   #10

Jul 2013
Los Angeles

So good news, they reimported and things look good! Thank you for your help
Old 05-07-2019, 05:26 AM   #11

Oct 2015

Dma was on Xbox 360 through the movies and tv now that Xbox one is on movies Anywhere link to movies Anywhere from the Xbox and your Disney movies should be back!

Even when I linked up my dma to movies Anywhere - like ultraviolet they had announced the closing date and e-mail was sent to the public I was missing homeward bound but I'm not anymore because I linked with the Xbox one and it is back on movies Anywhere!

This should work if you had a 360 and linked with Disney movies Anywhere before ms was temporarily not part of movies Anywhere!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere