Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
10 hrs ago
The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$17.99

One Missed Call Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.03
14 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 04-08-2017, 06:27 AM   #21

Jan 2014
Mumbai

Giving my final inputs regarding the quality of this version:
I'm glad Eros finally released this, it was much awaited. For most part, these look extremely sharp and well-defined. Colors look extremely fresh, dark scenes and outdoor shoots look the best. There are almost no problems of aliasing or other artifacts, except noise reduction is prominently visible and majorly affects fast motion scenes (the movie contains a lot of dance numbers, so this takes a toll in this matter). Other spheres that could require better work are contrasts. Sometimes the shadow detail looks unhealthy, rendering black parts of the image brighter than they should be, but this is all never too distracting.
The great color-fidelity helps bring justice to the spectacular art design of the film, and this HD version brings it to a new level.

The audio transfer is robust, atmospheric and crisp. I'm not sure if erosnow offers 5.1 or not, but ignoring the technical specs the audio sounds amazing. There's a three to four second phase where the audio sounds very bad, and it gets somewhat distracting. Hope they're able to fix the glitch.

To conclude, I'm extremely satisfied with the transfer. Hope they release the blu-ray very soon
Thanks given by:
Hindustani (04-08-2017)
Old 04-10-2017, 09:10 AM   #22

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDCS View Post
There are almost no problems of aliasing or other artifacts, except noise reduction is prominently visible and majorly affects fast motion scenes (the movie contains a lot of dance numbers, so this takes a toll in this matter).
In what way? Smearing? Ghosting? Waxy faces?...
Old 04-10-2017, 10:56 AM   #23

Jan 2014
Mumbai

Quote:
Originally Posted by benhoppel View Post
In what way? Smearing? Ghosting? Waxy faces?...
Smearing, yes. Majorly.
Ghosting, none whatsoever.
Waxy faces, sadly yes.

Just the usual fare expected of Bollywood films in high-def. No point in complaining about it since DNR has become a norm for the authors and restorers.
Thanks given by:
Hindustani (04-10-2017)
Old 04-11-2017, 05:47 PM   #24

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by HDDCS View Post
Smearing, yes. Majorly.
Ghosting, none whatsoever.
Waxy faces, sadly yes.

Just the usual fare expected of Bollywood films in high-def. No point in complaining about it since DNR has become a norm for the authors and restorers.
There is good quality DNR which just reduces grain to a digital camera level but keeping detail and sharpness and there is bad DNR that looks waxy and lacks detail and sharpness and often adds artifacts on top. So we have the first kind or second kind here?
Old 04-11-2017, 06:17 PM   #25

Sep 2015

I don't see this As a full high definition released although I do think it's 720 P but I am now still waiting for a 1080 P release of this movie
Old 04-11-2017, 06:46 PM   #26
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010
India

Quote:
There is good quality DNR which just reduces grain to a digital camera level but keeping detail and sharpness
Sorry, if the DNR is significant enough to make 35mm footage look like digital camera, it can no longer be described as good.
Old 04-12-2017, 01:09 PM   #27

Jan 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Sorry, if the DNR is significant enough to make 35mm footage look like digital camera, it can no longer be described as good.
It's no longer authentic but far more watchable than bad DNR. Degraining and regraining is standard for modern DIs. I prefer original grain to no grain or regrain but when done well you can't easily tell the difference between original grain and regrain or degrained versus shot on grainless digital camera.
Old 06-26-2019, 07:18 AM   #28

Jan 2014
Mumbai

Quote:
There is good quality DNR which just reduces grain to a digital camera level but keeping detail and sharpness and there is bad DNR that looks waxy and lacks detail and sharpness and often adds artifacts on top. So we have the first kind or second kind here?
We don't get to see much of the latter here. Wide angle and landscape shots look overwhelming on this version, without looking painfully soft and out of focus. There is detail on every shot of the movie like there was never before! Close-up shots do lack grain. Therefore, I can conclude that there is only a measly level at which DNR is applied to this. Dance numbers look blurry on the occasion of a lot of movements, but they do not tend to make your eyes strain. This is quite close to the border of deal-breaking for me, had the DNR residuals been even a little notch above, I would have bashed this treatment for one of my most nostalgic movies universally! That, and I wish shadow and gamma scales were taken better care of. I often watch this movie, to usually remain left with a desire of a slightly better treatment of this HD transfer.
I know, an answer appears too late, but I hope this helps someone!
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India