Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$131.79
7 hrs ago
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99
11 min ago
Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$18.39
 
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
 
Downton Abbey (Blu-ray)
$22.96
7 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
 
One Missed Call Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.03
 
Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Health/Fitness


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 03-29-2010, 05:22 PM   #41
Fighter Fighter is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
Fighter's Avatar
 
Oct 2009
☣☣☣☣☣
14
Portugal

Peanut Butter...and lots of it
  Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2010, 05:27 PM   #42
Teabaggins Teabaggins is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Teabaggins's Avatar
 
Aug 2008
Default

start drinking whole milk, lots of it. lift heavier
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:45 AM   #43
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
Peanut Butter...and lots of it
Quote:
Originally Posted by Teabaggins View Post
start drinking whole milk, lots of it. lift heavier
I might try whole milk at some point, been putting peanut butter on both of the sandwiches I eat daily. Yesterday's work-out session(during which I used tips from Dwayne Johnson) seem to have made my upper body more sore than it's ever been after a work-out. Had a pretty bad day at work today so I am going to hit the treadmill pretty hard during tonight's hour session.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 02:58 AM   #44
hagios hagios is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
hagios's Avatar
 
Feb 2013
South Midlands town of Denton
202
2642
1039
1
Smile

Just wait to you are past 55!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 04:26 AM   #45
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by hagios View Post
Just wait to you are past 55!
Not sure what that means but I am hoping that while I am 36, I can tap into that strength men are supposed to get after their 20s. Especially since I've never really worked out before. Almost at the end of week 8, probably in the best shape I've ever been in in my life.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 12:09 PM   #46
blurayfriend blurayfriend is offline
Banned
 
Jul 2011
699
54
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Not sure what that means but I am hoping that while I am 36, I can tap into that strength men are supposed to get after their 20s. Especially since I've never really worked out before. Almost at the end of week 8, probably in the best shape I've ever been in in my life.
How are you doing so far in your goals B-Man1980? You looking ripped like the real Batman? Don't know where you started out at so have no idea how far you've come, but keep it up!

And y'all are cray-cray, can never be too thin in today's society, sadly. As for myself, I'm trying to swim as well as run every other day, so I'm maintaining a 32 inch waist and going down (with a bit difficulty). When things calm down a bit I'd like to get heavily back into weightlifting, but right now just maintaining is ok for me. Would prefer to have a superhero physique rather than look like a skinny douche from the Disney Channel though!
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 01:28 PM   #47
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurayfriend View Post
How are you doing so far in your goals B-Man1980? You looking ripped like the real Batman? Don't know where you started out at so have no idea how far you've come, but keep it up!

And y'all are cray-cray, can never be too thin in today's society, sadly. As for myself, I'm trying to swim as well as run every other day, so I'm maintaining a 32 inch waist and going down (with a bit difficulty). When things calm down a bit I'd like to get heavily back into weightlifting, but right now just maintaining is ok for me. Would prefer to have a superhero physique rather than look like a skinny douche from the Disney Channel though!
Yeah I'm still pretty slender, I can tell I'm getting stronger though. I doubt I'll ever look like Ben Affleck, he's quite a bit taller than I am and probably has a bigger frame than me as well. I just want to see how big I can get but that's probably years away.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:34 PM   #48
West E West E is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
West E's Avatar
 
Jul 2011
Default

I've always been fit but I've always had a weird thing where I can't lose or gain weight just from everyday living. I've been the same weight since highschool and i'm in my mid 30s now.

The only time I gain weight is by this simple process: protein shakes daily and working out like a mad man. After a month or so i'll start putting on pounds. If I ever stop for longer than a week I start losing it and I end up back where I started. I've put on 20lbs of muscle and lost it about 5 different times now in the past 15 years.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2016, 06:35 PM   #49
WhySoBlu? WhySoBlu? is offline
Banned
 
Sep 2014
Vegas
842
24
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman1980 View Post
Yeah I'm still pretty slender, I can tell I'm getting stronger though. I doubt I'll ever look like Ben Affleck, he's quite a bit taller than I am and probably has a bigger frame than me as well. I just want to see how big I can get but that's probably years away.
And he also juices to get to the size he is. You have to take that into consideration when looking at most of the "diesel" actors, professional wrestlers, musicians, etc. It is what it is and I'm certainly not judging them for doing what they have to do, but I wanted to make sure you have realistic expectations.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2016, 03:54 AM   #50
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by WhySoBlu? View Post
And he also juices to get to the size he is. You have to take that into consideration when looking at most of the "diesel" actors, professional wrestlers, musicians, etc. It is what it is and I'm certainly not judging them for doing what they have to do, but I wanted to make sure you have realistic expectations.
Oh I do, my expectations are to put some muscle on my lean frame, I certainly never expect to look like an actor who's been the Dark Knight though. This is the sorest I've ever been, first 2 months at the gym over with, gotta think I'm 3-4 months away from other people besides myself seeing the results.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2016, 08:16 PM   #51
Jman76 Jman76 is offline
Senior Member
 
Dec 2010
Riverside, CA
19
1038
46
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by DetroitSportsFan View Post
A big F YOU goes out to you SOBs that are complaining that you can't gain weight.
Dude, you read my mind!
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2018, 06:28 PM   #52
red_5ive red_5ive is offline
Blu-ray Ninja
 
red_5ive's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Temecula, CA
18
90
638
2
2
1
Default

Damn JJ, all these years and I didn't know this thread existed! I found it while searching if there was a mountain biking thread. You still hitting the gym at all?
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 10:37 AM   #53
Michael1989 Michael1989 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Michael1989's Avatar
 
Mar 2009
Nottingham, United Kingdom
378
Default

I have gained a few pounds in the last 3 months using a higher intense method of 10 sets of 3 reps.
  Reply With Quote
Old 05-25-2018, 02:26 PM   #54
Batman1980 Batman1980 is offline
Blu-ray Jedi
 
Batman1980's Avatar
 
Feb 2009
District 13
8
125
371
55
22
47
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default

Who are you calling over 50? :P
Being 180 is actually slowing me down a bit so I've stopped actively trying to gain weight as I actually care more about my skills as a runner than how big my muscles are.
  Reply With Quote
Old 06-12-2018, 09:46 PM   #55
Dubstar Dubstar is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Dubstar's Avatar
 
Jun 2008
down at Fraggle Rock
1
170
1851
295
4
19
6
Default

I mean I simply look at food and I feel like I've gained weight ... [harumph!]
  Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2018, 01:47 PM   #56
AnnSB AnnSB is offline
New Member
 
Jul 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
1) Try 6 meals a day...high in protein.
2) If you can't make it to the gym, improvise at home....200 push-ups and 200 crunches a day.
3) Up your carb intake daily....pasta's work well.
4) Drink a protein drink before bed at least 5 times a week.

There's more, but for now, that should get you started
so simple advice but so efficient!
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-03-2018, 08:05 PM   #57
Elites Elites is offline
Banned
 
Dec 2018
Philadelphia
Default

I can't gain or lose weight.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-09-2019, 10:32 AM   #58
Henrey90 Henrey90 is offline
Junior Member
 
Apr 2019
United State
Send a message via Skype™ to Henrey90
Default

Try 6 meals a day...high in protein.
  Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2019, 08:37 AM   #59
noeljon noeljon is offline
Member
 
Dec 2017
Default

Increase your calories intake and workout with weights.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-08-2019, 11:24 AM   #60
Hitman Horton Hitman Horton is online now
Power Member
 
Hitman Horton's Avatar
 
Sep 2011
London, Ontario, Canada
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fighter View Post
1) Try 6 meals a day...high in protein.
2) If you can't make it to the gym, improvise at home....200 push-ups and 200 crunches a day.
3) Up your carb intake daily....pasta's work well.
4) Drink a protein drink before bed at least 5 times a week.

There's more, but for now, that should get you started
Please read this before you start doing 200 crunches a day. Crunches can do more harm than good and there's better exercises to work on your core.

https://www.businessinsider.com/sit-...ortant-to-do-7
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Entertainment > General Chat > Health/Fitness

Similar Threads
thread Forum Thread Starter Replies Last Post
"I want to lose weight!" Health/Fitness JamesKurtovich 1545 10-10-2019 07:43 PM
Warner releasing "Gigi" & "An American in Paris" DVDs Sep 08 - BDs "early 09" Blu-ray Movies - North America JBlacklow 12 06-08-2013 03:59 AM
"Lost" and "Grey's Anatomy" Gain Extra Hour Movies J_UNTITLED 8 04-15-2008 10:11 AM
UK gets "Kill Bill" 1&2, "Pulp Fiction", "Beowulf", "Jesse James", and more in March? Blu-ray Movies - North America JBlacklow 21 12-07-2007 12:05 PM
Sony´s "PS3" is pwning "Xbox 360" & "Wii" in Germany! PS3 Blu-Style 19 11-27-2007 05:04 AM


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 08:13 AM.