Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$50.69
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Seasons 1-8 (Blu-ray)
AU$151.20
 
Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
AU$23.98
13 hrs ago
Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
AU$51.00
 
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$29.58
21 hrs ago
It: Chapter Two 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$29.58
21 hrs ago
It / It: Chapter 2 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$39.98
20 hrs ago
The Angry Birds Movie 2 (Blu-ray)
AU$21.58
15 hrs ago
Ford v Ferrari 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$34.98
 
Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
AU$39.98
23 hrs ago
Captain Marvel (Blu-ray)
AU$9.93
 
Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
AU$71.98
23 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 08-14-2019, 11:52 PM   #1
McCrutchy McCrutchy is online now
Contributor
 
McCrutchy's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
East Coast, USA
2
364
3709
173
5
14
Australia The Alienist (2018)



A Blu-ray version of The Alienist (2018) has appeared on Amazon.com.au.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Andrew354 (08-16-2019)
Old 08-14-2019, 11:56 PM   #2
McCrutchy McCrutchy is online now
Contributor
 
McCrutchy's Avatar
 
Dec 2008
East Coast, USA
2
364
3709
173
5
14
Default

I wonder if this is another release from Random Space Media? I only see it on Amazon, and it isn't even on eBay, yet.

If so, that would make it the third local Australian Blu-ray of a TV series distributed by a major Hollywood studio, with the other two being the first season of Mr. Mercedes and Cobra Kai, which are both from Sony.
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2019, 11:31 PM   #3
Andrew354 Andrew354 is offline
Expert Member
 
Feb 2015
Cardiff, Wales, United Kingdom
1
2265
2102
Default

Is this out now or a pre-order ?

There's no release date on Amazon and I don't see it listed anywhere else like JB or Sanity.

If it's out already then it seems to have just suddenly appeared from nowhere which is a bit odd for a legit release.
Are we sure this isn't some sort of bootleg ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 08-17-2019, 10:29 AM   #4
Sermon Sermon is offline
Junior Member
 
Aug 2019
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrew354 View Post
Is this out now or a pre-order ?

There's no release date on Amazon and I don't see it listed anywhere else like JB or Sanity.

If it's out already then it seems to have just suddenly appeared from nowhere which is a bit odd for a legit release.
Are we sure this isn't some sort of bootleg ?
I agree - it is a bit strange. It also pops up on ebay, but not on any of the Aussie online Stores.
  Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2019, 05:37 PM   #5
Sermon Sermon is offline
Junior Member
 
Aug 2019
Default

I just received my copy today and it looks like the real deal. It came shrink-wrapped, the 2 discs inside, again, look legit, menu also looks professional.

It's released directly by Paramount, a bare-bones release with no extras whatsoever. The only 'extras' are an anti-piracy clip that plays before the menu on each disc, it features DTS HD 5.1 audio, english subtitles and a descriptive audio track for the hearing-impaired.

Last edited by Sermon; 09-02-2019 at 06:07 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
mredman (10-07-2019)
Old 10-07-2019, 12:51 AM   #6
mredman mredman is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Jun 2008
12
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sermon View Post
I just received my copy today and it looks like the real deal. It came shrink-wrapped, the 2 discs inside, again, look legit, menu also looks professional.

It's released directly by Paramount, a bare-bones release with no extras whatsoever. The only 'extras' are an anti-piracy clip that plays before the menu on each disc, it features DTS HD 5.1 audio, english subtitles and a descriptive audio track for the hearing-impaired.
So the technical presentation is just as good as the US sadly region locked A release ?
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-09-2019, 07:36 PM   #7
mredman mredman is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Jun 2008
12
7
Default

WTF you cant order this anywhere. Only the dvd. What is going on
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2019, 04:30 AM   #8
Auss1e Auss1e is offline
Member
 
May 2019
1
176
67
9
1
1
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
WTF you cant order this anywhere. Only the dvd. What is going on
It's an Amazon only release.

https://www.amazon.com.au/Alienist-S...dp/B07W3YDSDR/
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2019, 10:05 AM   #9
mredman mredman is offline
Blu-ray Count
 
Jun 2008
12
7
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auss1e View Post
Thats pretty weird
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 09:24 AM.