Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$50.69

Star Wars: The Complete Saga (Blu-ray)
AU$51.00

Captain Marvel (Blu-ray)
AU$9.93

The Angry Birds Movie 2 (Blu-ray)
AU$21.58

Colony: Season One (Blu-ray)
AU$19.98
18 hrs ago
Ford v Ferrari 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$34.98

X-Men: Dark Phoenix (Blu-ray)
AU$12.24

Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$33.74

Avengers: Infinity War 3D (Blu-ray)
AU$6.93

Ant-Man and the Wasp (Blu-ray)
AU$7.14

Inside Out 4K (Blu-ray)
AU$19.98

Good Omens (Blu-ray)
AU$24.90

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia

Old 11-16-2019, 04:16 AM   #55661

Sep 2009
NSW, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cevolution View Post
One additional thing that some might appreciate is, that there are no Australian classification logos on the front, back and spine of the 14mm UHD and Blu-ray cases... Only the outer cardboard box has them:

Attachment 231495
I know some people love saving space. I would have really liked individual cases seeing as though we're getting Craig's fifth entry soon.
Thanks given by:
Cevolution (11-16-2019), Scotttnz (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 04:33 AM   #55662

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by StrayButler91 View Post
Fair few exciting arrivals over the past couple of days:

Since the 4K It's a Wonderful Life only came with the colourised version on the second disc, I had to order the remastered 1080p Blu-ray, to make myself a nice definitive 3-disc set. That does leave me with an empty case plus shiny slip from the remastered UK Blu-ray... So I mean, if the shiny slip appeals to you and you wanna throw it over your slip-less Aussie edition, PM me and we'll work something out.
I was sure we were getting It's A Wonderful Life in NZ at JB, but it seems to have disappeared from the site, except the DVD,,,,
[edit] yes, I checked my browser history, and it is there on the NZ site as of Nov 11th, but clicking the link now goes to an error page...
... SO I rang up a store and the girl said it's likely not on there because stock hasn't been delivered. They couldn't give a date of when it might be in, and "because it's such an old movie". Maybe they just figured that nobody would buy it...

Last edited by FletchNZ; 11-16-2019 at 04:51 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 04:48 AM   #55663
Expert Member

Mar 2011

Arrived the past few days:

Installed over the last few days:

120" ComteVision Screen with a Paradigm Centre speaker behind, Benq W5700 Projector (for now) and Origin Acoustics Ceiling and Rear Speakers. Just missing the SVS PC-2000 Sub which should arrive Tuesday. Ignore the minimal gear on a box in the middle, it's only stacked temporarily while the AV Rack gets built, hopefully that comes in the next couple of weeks. Great to have a dedicated home theatre and Dolby Atmos finally Christened it with The Matrix 4K and The Prestige 4K.
Thanks given by:
Alister_M (11-16-2019), Cevolution (11-16-2019), Davidian (11-16-2019), FletchNZ (11-16-2019), From Beyond (11-18-2019), gettodamoofies (11-16-2019), greyhound1 (11-16-2019), hdgfs (11-16-2019), Hucksta G (11-16-2019), LordCrumb (11-17-2019), Scotttnz (11-16-2019), StrayButler91 (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 05:26 AM   #55664
Special Member

Oct 2008
In Movies Paradise

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWoftam View Post
Arrived the past few days:
[Show spoiler]

Installed over the last few days:
[Show spoiler]

120" ComteVision Screen with a Paradigm Centre speaker behind, Benq W5700 Projector (for now) and Origin Acoustics Ceiling and Rear Speakers. Just missing the SVS PC-2000 Sub which should arrive Tuesday. Ignore the minimal gear on a box in the middle, it's only stacked temporarily while the AV Rack gets built, hopefully that comes in the next couple of weeks. Great to have a dedicated home theatre and Dolby Atmos finally Christened it with The Matrix 4K and The Prestige 4K.
Which particular model of Paradigm Speakers? I started with 3x Dynaudio Front/Centre speakers 10 years ago, and moved to 3x Paradigm Studio Series Front/Centre speakers a few years ago and really love them.
Thanks given by:
KingWoftam (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 05:32 AM   #55665
Power Member

Feb 2012
Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchNZ View Post
I was sure we were getting It's A Wonderful Life in NZ at JB, but it seems to have disappeared from the site, except the DVD,,,,
[edit] yes, I checked my browser history, and it is there on the NZ site as of Nov 11th, but clicking the link now goes to an error page...
... SO I rang up a store and the girl said it's likely not on there because stock hasn't been delivered. They couldn't give a date of when it might be in, and "because it's such an old movie". Maybe they just figured that nobody would buy it...
Old 11-16-2019, 05:40 AM   #55666
Expert Member

Mar 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by sschen View Post
Which particular model of Paradigm Speakers? I started with 3x Dynaudio Front/Centre speakers 10 years ago, and moved to 3x Paradigm Studio Series Front/Centre speakers a few years ago and really love them.
Got the P1-LCR In Wall Speaker. Thought about the P3-LCR but was limited by the framing positioning as it was an external wall. So didn't risk it. But so far sounds great and being positioned behind the screen is pretty great.
Old 11-16-2019, 06:55 AM   #55667
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
The Paradigm Studio's were my dream speakers, especially the CC-690 centre. I bought a set of 7 piano/gloss black v.5 Paradigm Studio speakers (100s fronts, 20s surrounds/rears, and a cc-690 centre) back in 2014, but unfortunately some of them were quite badly scratched. I quickly discovered the retailer (Eastwood HiFi) had sold me repacks. They claimed they were brand new, but it was obvious that they weren't... In addition to there being a lot of grazes and scratches in the finish, the boxes were double taped, the rubber feet on the bottoms were all worn, and there was white paint scuff marks on the legs. They tried blaming Paradigm, claiming that it's common for their gloss speakers to have scratches on them. The retailer suggested going for a different finish, so I exchanged them for a cherry wood veneer set, but I didn't have much luck with those either. The first one I opened, which was one of the 20 bookshelves, had a large crack in the varnish. I didn't unpack the rest, I immediately contacted the retailer and requested a refund.

I got my money back, but the retailer wasn't very professional about it... The owner has a blog, and he often would complain about his customers on there. I noticed that he had written a couple of things about me, which caused an online war between us on Whirlpool. He then posted my name and address on his website, and threaten to sue me for defamation... He reckoned my comments were having a negative impact on his business. What I found humourous about his threat of legal action was, that I didn't say anything about him or his company online until after he took to his blog, insulting me, and lying about the situation. He had no case... it started with his comments, and he continued to engaged with the back on forth online. Not to mention that it was extremely unethical of him to post my personal details online.

I must say that the situation did leave a sour taste in my mouth, however, I do like Paradigm speakers... if I was going buy some new speakers, I would probably go with the Paradigm prestige series. I would just purchase them from a different retailer.
Thanks given by:
gettodamoofies (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 07:14 AM   #55668

Sep 2009
NSW, Australia

I got my Paradigms through Lifestyle Store. This was back in 2011, and they were good at answering a bunch of questions and setting up an in-store demo of all the gear for me. When I was ready to buy, they did a good price (really good because the new series was coming along soon) and had everything shipped to me free of charge too. It was new stock as well, not the stuff I'd tested in store. I went back to them after researching projectors when upgrading a few years back, and although they had the best price in Australia they still gave me an extra 10% discount even though there was no motivation for then to do it. They've been reasonable both times I've gone to them.

Apollo was OK too, but I've only used them once.
Thanks given by:
Cevolution (11-16-2019), KingWoftam (11-17-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 07:39 AM   #55669
Special Member

Oct 2008
In Movies Paradise

Quote:
The Paradigm Studio's were my dream speakers, especially the CC-690 centre. I bought a set of 7 piano/gloss black v.5 Paradigm Studio speakers (100s fronts, 20s surrounds/rears, and a cc-690 centre) back in 2014
Wow... sorry to hear about your bad experiences. Surely posting your name and address online is a breach of privacy, and must surely land the business owner in trouble???

I have the two Studio 100 Front in Cherry Finish (bought as a demo pair from a local custom installer for just under $2000). This was around the time when Paradigm just announced the studio will be discontinued. Earlier this year, I bought an used CC690 (in black finish) off ebay of all places for just under $550 delivered. It was listed for $650 before postage costs as a buy it now price, and even had an option to make an offer. I figured it is too risky making an offer, and decided to just click the "Buy It Now" button. I was glad I did as there was an 20% ebay discount which was applicable to that store at the time, but I was super nervous that it may be a mistake since this speaker usually sells for $1000 in the used market?? I thought I may end up with some no name speaker. The package came in a huge Dynaudio Contour speaker box, and I thought "ok if it is not a studio cc690, i can live with a dyn contour". Although the color does not match my fronts, I managed to get a wood finish entertainment unit off gumtree that it just fits in and you can't even see the color of the speaker anyway I must have sent at least 100 gumtree messages pestering people to measure the centre cavity of their entertainment unit before finding one that will fit it and won't break the bank! I just uploaded it to my HT Gallery. Here it is.
Thanks given by:
Cevolution (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 07:48 AM   #55670

Aug 2018

Arrived:

Now Im worried about the Zavvi order I placed a week earlier with delivery to work because it included my wifes Christmas present. None if it has arrived yet Packaging on the Rocky set could have been better, it was just about falling out of the bubble wrap bag, and the corners of the slip box gave seen better days.

Watched:

I feel educated. Having never seen any of the a Rocky movies before, Im looking forward to seeing the rest. A slow build up, but enjoyable.
Thanks given by:
Cevolution (11-16-2019), gettodamoofies (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 08:05 AM   #55671

Aug 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettodamoofies View Post
I know some people love saving space. I would have really liked individual cases seeing as though we're getting Craig's fifth entry soon.
Me too. As much as I like to save space, I much prefer seperate cases in box sets, unless the series is definitely finished. That is especially true of things like director or actor box sets, which I would split up and file alphabetically.
Im debating moving my Lethal Weapon and Rocky sets to the 7mm slim cases I use for my BDs at the moment vs leaving them in the box. I have enough space currently, but when I run out I might shift them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingWoftam View Post
installed over the last few days:

Nice setup. Id love to do a projector again when I have the right room for it, but for now my 82 TV is close enough.
Thanks given by:
gettodamoofies (11-16-2019), KingWoftam (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 08:46 AM   #55672

Nov 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by Scotttnz View Post
Arrived:

Packaging on the Rocky set could have been better, it was just about falling out of the bubble wrap bag, and the corners of the slip box gave seen better days.
I once got some blus (I'm not sure where they were from now) and they arrived in those cardboard mailers where u rip the red plastic string to open. One or both (I can't remember) the actual flap was completely unstuck and open. It's a wonder they didn't just slide out and go missing.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:17 AM   #55673
Blu-ray Champion

Nov 2010
Sydney, Australia

Quote:
Originally Posted by gettodamoofies View Post
I got my Paradigms through Lifestyle Store. This was back in 2011, and they were good at answering a bunch of questions and setting up an in-store demo of all the gear for me. When I was ready to buy, they did a good price (really good because the new series was coming along soon) and had everything shipped to me free of charge too. It was new stock as well, not the stuff I'd tested in store. I went back to them after researching projectors when upgrading a few years back, and although they had the best price in Australia they still gave me an extra 10% discount even though there was no motivation for then to do it. They've been reasonable both times I've gone to them.

Apollo was OK too, but I've only used them once.
I purchased the first pair of KEF Q50a speakers from the Lifestyle Store a few months ago (they only had one pair, I got the second pair from Amazon.au)... They are great group of guys there, and their service was A1. I had a friendly chat with 2 of the staff over the phone, then went ahead and order the speakers, and they offered to deliver them for free a couple of hours later (one or guys lives close to me).

Quote:
Wow... sorry to hear about your bad experiences. Surely posting your name and address online is a breach of privacy, and must surely land the business owner in trouble???

I have the two Studio 100 Front in Cherry Finish (bought as a demo pair from a local custom installer for just under $2000). This was around the time when Paradigm just announced the studio will be discontinued. Earlier this year, I bought an used CC690 (in black finish) off ebay of all places for just under $550 delivered. It was listed for $650 before postage costs as a buy it now price, and even had an option to make an offer. I figured it is too risky making an offer, and decided to just click the "Buy It Now" button. I was glad I did as there was an 20% ebay discount which was applicable to that store at the time, but I was super nervous that it may be a mistake since this speaker usually sells for $1000 in the used market?? I thought I may end up with some no name speaker. The package came in a huge Dynaudio Contour speaker box, and I thought "ok if it is not a studio cc690, i can live with a dyn contour". Although the color does not match my fronts, I managed to get a wood finish entertainment unit off gumtree that it just fits in and you can't even see the color of the speaker anyway I must have sent at least 100 gumtree messages pestering people to measure the centre cavity of their entertainment unit before finding one that will fit it and won't break the bank! I just uploaded it to my HT Gallery. Here it is.
Nice... super jealous.

The owner of the retailer removed my personal details from his website after about 30 hours... I honestly don’t know what he was thinking, it was poor attempt at trying to scare me, which could’ve cost him had I decided to pursue it (I took a screen cap of it).

Last edited by Cevolution; 11-16-2019 at 09:21 AM.
Old 11-16-2019, 09:27 AM   #55674
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by FletchNZ View Post
I once got some blus (I'm not sure where they were from now) and they arrived in those cardboard mailers where u rip the red plastic string to open. One or both (I can't remember) the actual flap was completely unstuck and open. It's a wonder they didn't just slide out and go missing.
That happened to me with some discs from JB HiFi, absolutely useless things they are. Luckily they were wedged in tight enough to not slide out
Thanks given by:
FletchNZ (11-16-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 12:14 PM   #55675
Special Member

Oct 2008
In Movies Paradise

Quote:
I purchased the first pair of KEF Q50a speakers from the Lifestyle Store a few months ago (they only had one pair, I got the second pair from Amazon.au)... They are great group of guys there, and their service was A1. I had a friendly chat with 2 of the staff over the phone, then went ahead and order the speakers, and they offered to deliver them for free a couple of hours later (one or guys lives close to me).
Speaking of coincidence, that is where I bought my CC690 from. But their ebay store is showing they are no longer registered??? See screenshot here. Are they still around?
Old 11-16-2019, 12:19 PM   #55676

Sep 2009
NSW, Australia

Quote:
Speaking of coincidence, that is where I bought my CC690 from. But their ebay store is showing they are no longer registered??? See screenshot here. Are they still around?
They have a couple of bricks and mortar stores. My purchases have been from the North Parramatta one.
Old 11-16-2019, 05:38 PM   #55677
Expert Member

Oct 2016
Australia

Bought:

Bought and completed Death Stranding after 50 hours and now on Pokemon Sword.
Thanks given by:
Alister_M (11-16-2019), hiwilliam (11-16-2019), Hucksta G (11-16-2019), Scotttnz (11-17-2019)
Old 11-16-2019, 06:27 PM   #55678
Blu-ray Knight

Jan 2011
New Zealand

Ordered: Paris, Texas
Old 11-17-2019, 12:48 AM   #55679
Power Member

Dec 2009

Bought (for $28 from JB in case any Kiwis are interested):

I'm pretty sure this would be cheaper on Black Friday but I wanted it now and I wanted to buy the one that had the Aussie classification on it and the NZ sticker I could peel off, as opposed to the giant ugly NZ rating that was printed on, which I did (although it left a sticky residue so I'll have to think about how to remove that).

I still had enough on my gift card I got earlier in the year as well, so I didn't have to pay any cash for it.
Thanks given by:
Scotttnz (11-17-2019)
Old 11-17-2019, 02:53 AM   #55680
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2016

Quote:
Originally Posted by bell_packet View Post
Bought (for $28 from JB in case any Kiwis are interested):

I'm pretty sure this would be cheaper on Black Friday but I wanted it now and I wanted to buy the one that had the Aussie classification on it and the NZ sticker I could peel off, as opposed to the giant ugly NZ rating that was printed on, which I did (although it left a sticky residue so I'll have to think about how to remove that).
Try just breathing onto the residue then rub your thumb across it. The moisture should cause it to ball up and come off fairly easily.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > Australia