Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
C$61.99

Arrow: The Complete Seventh Season (Blu-ray)
C$18.99

Supernatural: The Complete Fourteenth Season (Blu-ray)
C$20.99

Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
C$17.99

Doom Patrol: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
C$17.99

Jurassic World: 5-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
C$60.99

The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
C$69.99

Jurassic Park 25th Anniversary Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
C$48.99

Joker (Blu-ray)
C$26.99

DC's Legends of Tomorrow: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
C$18.99

The Big Bang Theory: The Twelfth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
C$30.99

Gotham: The Fifth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
C$18.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 04-12-2010, 06:41 PM   #21
Power Member

Jul 2008
Victoria BC

Quote:
Originally Posted by azereus View Post
in Canada?!?!

My local BB has TERRIBLE prices on Blus.
BBV has 2 for $30 BD specials. A great deal if you're not concerned with digital copies
Old 04-12-2010, 06:45 PM   #22

Mar 2008
Canada
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by thecroshow View Post
BBV has 2 for $30 BD specials. A great deal if you're not concerned with digital copies
Yeah I suppose there's some deals on used movies, but the prices of new releases are just insane. It's not unusual to see prices close to $40.
Old 04-12-2010, 11:26 PM   #23
Special Member

Apr 2009

the best prices in general on used blus is Jumbo.....

unless you use a 5.00 off coupon at BBV....but even then depends on title and sale on at the time

Rogers is hit and miss depending on the sale....

having said that if you really want to pay the least you have to go to all 3...

I tend to go to Rogers and BBV more because they are much closer....its an extra 15 minutes drive for me to go to Jumbo so i only go every few weeks and do other things in that area at the same time
Old 04-13-2010, 01:08 AM   #24
Banned

Oct 2009
Blu-ray.com

Quote:
Originally Posted by blurai View Post
the best prices in general on used blus is Jumbo.....

unless you use a 5.00 off coupon at BBV....but even then depends on title and sale on at the time

Rogers is hit and miss depending on the sale....

having said that if you really want to pay the least you have to go to all 3...

I tend to go to Rogers and BBV more because they are much closer....its an extra 15 minutes drive for me to go to Jumbo so i only go every few weeks and do other things in that area at the same time
Can you leave Jumbo alone for me? I don't want competitions.
Old 04-15-2010, 01:27 AM   #25

Jul 2009

Went to Costco during my lunch break today. Saw the following blu-rays selling for $8.99 each:

- Bram Stoker's Dracula
- A Few Good Men
- In the Line of Fire
- Donnie Brasco (Extended Cut)

Also, for anyone interested in Madonna's Sticky & Sweet Tour concert, the blu-ray was $17.99, while the dvd+cd package was $15.99.
Old 04-24-2010, 06:40 PM   #26

Aug 2009
-
-
Unhappy

No real news here. I just wanted to keep this thread alive and current. Costco BDs continue to be boring and no real deal. Avatar is there for $29.97 this week, which is a few dollars more than Best Buy right now. I'm not sure why they bothered bringing them in if that had to be the price.

Last edited by LaserD; 05-02-2010 at 08:24 PM. Reason: price correction
Old 04-24-2010, 07:46 PM   #27

Jul 2007
At the crossroad of Analogue Dr & 2CH Ave

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserD View Post
No real news here. I just wanted to keep this thread alive and current. Costco BDs continue to be boring and no real deal. Avatar is there for $29.77 (did I get the 7s and 9s reversed?) this week, which is a few dollars more than Best Buy right now. I'm not sure why they bothered bringing them in if that had to be the price.
Maybe you aren't sure, but they are...they've already sold a truckload full! Besides, the BB and FS pricing will go up tomorrow...most likely to $31.99. If they match Costco's price....Costco will lower it.

John
Old 04-24-2010, 09:30 PM   #28
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by LaserD View Post
No real news here. I just wanted to keep this thread alive and current. Costco BDs continue to be boring and no real deal. Avatar is there for $29.77 (did I get the 7s and 9s reversed?) this week, which is a few dollars more than Best Buy right now. I'm not sure why they bothered bringing them in if that had to be the price.
This is exactly why I don't bother with a membership there. I mean, I am paying them an annual fee, so they can turn around and charge me more than retail?

I know there are *some* bargains to be had, but what is the point if I have to price out everything anyways? I say, if I'm paying an annual membership, everything *should* be cheaper, period.
Old 04-24-2010, 10:19 PM   #29

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post
This is exactly why I don't bother with a membership there. I mean, I am paying them an annual fee, so they can turn around and charge me more than retail?

I know there are *some* bargains to be had, but what is the point if I have to price out everything anyways? I say, if I'm paying an annual membership, everything *should* be cheaper, period.
I can tell you for a fact that of the 150 product staples that are checked against the competition that Costco has the lowest prices. If, and when, others price match them, Costco will and does lower the price.

Do they have the lowest price on every single item? NO! But then they also usually have a value-added that negates any price difference.

Regarding Blu-ray/DVD pricing, you have to remember that this represents a very tiny portion of their sales...and I mean tiny! BB, FS and to some degree Wal-Mart have a lot more at stake in this area. This is why you see such fierce pricing amongst them on first-day releases. I can also tell you that those three retailers lost a lot of money on Avatar as they sold below cost. Costco won't play that game. And like I said in my previous post...they'll be back to their regular price tomorrow, which I suspect will be around the $31.99 mark.....Costco is $29 and change.

John
Old 04-24-2010, 10:36 PM   #30
Special Member

Apr 2009

not sure why people are buying up Avatar like that...

it was a good movie but nothing more...what made it was the 3d and to be honest i'm in ho hurry to watch it again but this time in 'plain' blu-ray
Old 04-25-2010, 02:52 AM   #31
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by John72953 View Post
I can tell you for a fact that of the 150 product staples that are checked against the competition that Costco has the lowest prices. If, and when, others price match them, Costco will and does lower the price.

Do they have the lowest price on every single item? NO! But then they also usually have a value-added that negates any price difference.

Regarding Blu-ray/DVD pricing, you have to remember that this represents a very tiny portion of their sales...and I mean tiny! BB, FS and to some degree Wal-Mart have a lot more at stake in this area. This is why you see such fierce pricing amongst them on first-day releases. I can also tell you that those three retailers lost a lot of money on Avatar as they sold below cost. Costco won't play that game. And like I said in my previous post...they'll be back to their regular price tomorrow, which I suspect will be around the $31.99 mark.....Costco is $29 and change.

John
That's all and fine, but why do I have to pay to shop there?

For all the 'savings' I can get, remember that I start off $100 in the hole every year.

I'm not trying to convince anyone as I am sure there are Costco-fans out there. I just don't want to be bothered, really, and I found that every 'sale' price that Costco has, can be had from other grocery stores if you are patient.
Old 04-25-2010, 09:08 AM   #32
Special Member

Aug 2007
British Columbia

Quote:
Originally Posted by GreatGreg View Post
That's all and fine, but why do I have to pay to shop there?

For all the 'savings' I can get, remember that I start off $100 in the hole every year.

I'm not trying to convince anyone as I am sure there are Costco-fans out there. I just don't want to be bothered, really, and I found that every 'sale' price that Costco has, can be had from other grocery stores if you are patient.
It's not $100...it's $55 for a basic gold membership which is all you need. Also, nobody comes close to Costco's return policy. Sure the Tv's and a few other items are now only 90 days, but the majority of the items can be returned for a full refund 2,3,4 years down the road....that's why your paying to shop there.
Old 04-28-2010, 06:36 PM   #33

Apr 2010
Hockey Country
Default Saving Private Ryan

Just picked up Saving Private Ryan BD at Costco for $19.99. I thought it wasn't supposed to come out until next Tuesday (May 4th)? Maybe they weren't supposed to put it out until next week, but it was in their inventory system at the checkout as it scanned at that price.....
Old 04-28-2010, 07:32 PM   #34
Expert Member

May 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Puckjunkie View Post
Just picked up Saving Private Ryan BD at Costco for $19.99. I thought it wasn't supposed to come out until next Tuesday (May 4th)? Maybe they weren't supposed to put it out until next week, but it was in their inventory system at the checkout as it scanned at that price.....
Yeah, the release date seems to be May 4th. Congrats!
Old 04-28-2010, 08:00 PM   #35

Apr 2010
Hockey Country

Quote:
Originally Posted by andy5463 View Post
Yeah, the release date seems to be May 4th. Congrats!
Thanks. They had several copies SPR in with the other 'Sapphire Collection' BDs of Braveheart and Gladiator, also at $19.99 each, so perhaps this is where the mistake occurred. Ah well, glad I got it at a reasonable price a week ahead of time, but I probably (like most of my Blu purchases) won't actually have time to watch it before it's out everywhere else anyway. So I'll simply admire it being added to the collection on my shelf for a few seconds.

My wife keeps asking me why I buy so many movies since "we never have time to watch them" (we barely watch one per week) and "when exactly do you plan to watch all these movies". My response is always "when I retire". Of course, by then, I'll be looking at replacing the BD collection with whatever technology exists at that time. The cycle continues...
Old 04-28-2010, 08:17 PM   #36

Jul 2009
Oakvegas

Quote:
Just picked up Saving Private Ryan BD at Costco for $19.99.
I'm now going there tonight specifically for SPR.

Oh, as for the price of shopping at Costco? Membership pays for itself quickly.

Last edited by slimmer; 04-28-2010 at 09:09 PM.
Old 04-28-2010, 10:41 PM   #37

Sep 2009
Canada

Quote:
Thanks for the heads up. I picked a copy up at the Burlington Costco this afternoon. Besides Gladiator and Braveheart at the same price they also had Forrest Gump.
Old 04-28-2010, 11:33 PM   #38

Jul 2009
Oakvegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by fstevens View Post
Thanks for the heads up. I picked a copy up at the Burlington Costco this afternoon. Besides Gladiator and Braveheart at the same price they also had Forrest Gump.
Balls. Not at the dundas/403 location. %#*!?
Old 04-28-2010, 11:39 PM   #39

Jul 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by slimmer View Post
Balls. Not at the dundas/403 location. %#*!?
I know...I work there.

John
Old 04-29-2010, 12:04 AM   #40

May 2009

got Saving Private Ryan at the Ottawa east store, had about 10 copies left
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals