Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
15 hrs ago
Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99
15 hrs ago
The Marx Brothers Silver Screen Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99
15 hrs ago
Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

E.T.: The Extra-Terrestrial 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Back to the Future: 30th Anniversary Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$16.99
15 hrs ago
Friday the 13th: 8-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$13.27

Taken 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$5.99

Chucky: The Complete 7-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
15 hrs ago
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India

Old 08-25-2016, 04:54 PM   #81
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
My collections is slowly filling up with Bollywood renassance era collection (late 80s & 90s decade)

MR INDIA check
CHANDNI check
MPK check (ultra will bring this out )
HAHK check
DDLJ check
AASHIQUI check
Don't forget
1991 : Lamhe
1993 : Darr
1994 : Bandit Queen
1997 : Dil To Pagal Hai, Gupt
1998 : Kuch Kuch Hota Hai, Pyar Kiya To Darna Kya, Ghulam
1999 : Sarfarosh

My wishlist would be:

1990 : Ghayal
1991 : Phoola Aur Kaante, Saajan, Sadak, Hum
1992 : Deewana, Khiladi, Roja, Jo Jeeta Wohi Sikandar, Vishwatma, Shola Aur Shabnam
1993 : Baazigar, Gardish, Khalnayak, Kshatriya, Damini
1994 : 1942 A Love Story, Andaz Apna Apna, Dilwale, Main Khiladi Tu Anari, Mohra, Raja Babu (आऊ)
1995 : Aatank Hi Aatank, Bombay, Coolie No.1, Karan Arjun, Rangeela
1996 : Fire, Jeet, Khamishi-The Musical, Khiladiyon Ka Khiladi, Maachis
1997 : Deewana Mastana, Gupt (remastered), Pardes, Virasat
1998 : Dil Se, Pyar To Hona Hi Tha, Soldier
1999 : Hu Tu Tu, HDDCS, Sangharsh, Taal, Vaastav-The Reality

I know this is too much, but why imagine less if has to imagine. सोचने में क्या जाता है
Thanks given by:
HDDCS (08-25-2016), Hindustani (08-26-2016)
Old 08-25-2016, 05:09 PM   #82
Expert Member

Feb 2013
India

Quote:
Originally Posted by ravenus View Post
Eh, she was pretty caked in make-up in HAHK. Her minimal make-up look is better seen in Prahaar or Prem Pratigya.
I like her in simple looks but man... see her in "Dharavi"

Thanks given by:
mrbrat_Boy (08-25-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 03:32 PM   #83

Jun 2009
Chicago, IL

I found this print to be better. Can someone compare it with blu-ray? Also it doesn't have any watermark.

https://spuul.com/videos/285-hum-aapke-hain-koun

Note: That site has other movies like AAA in HD, which looks excellent. Too bad the audio quality is poor.
Thanks given by:
Hindustani (08-31-2016)
Old 08-31-2016, 06:41 PM   #84
Special Member

Dec 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by murali91 View Post
I found this print to be better. Can someone compare it with blu-ray? Also it doesn't have any watermark.

https://spuul.com/videos/285-hum-aapke-hain-koun

Note: That site has other movies like AAA in HD, which looks excellent. Too bad the audio quality is poor.
right off the bat, not having a ULTRA watermark definitely helps.

But the PQ is still 720p at most and lot of "jerky" movement on playback. This might actually not be 24 fps or some compression issues.

Ultra HAHK BRD is much better in just PQ alone. Its a true 1080p. As good as catalog title PQ looks.

I wont even bother commenting on AQ. I think you already know that.

And for evergreen, classic musical like HAHK that has Raam-Lakshman duo's best work ever, AQ can never ever be compromised.
Thanks given by:
-MK- (09-01-2016)
Old 09-01-2016, 12:26 AM   #85

Jun 2009
Chicago, IL

Thanks for confirming. I played it on a 20" screen so was doubting it and I was right. And for the audio, almost most of the free movies that I played are of bad quality. Few of them have bad mix as well which makes me believe that they forgot to use the center channel during the encoding process.
Old 09-01-2016, 12:49 AM   #86
Special Member

Dec 2014
Lightbulb

Quote:
Originally Posted by murali91 View Post
Thanks for confirming. I played it on a 20" screen so was doubting it and I was right. And for the audio, almost most of the free movies that I played are of bad quality. Few of them have bad mix as well which makes me believe that they forgot to use the center channel during the encoding process.
I myself picked up the 'last' HAHK BRD recently. I have a 23" inch LED HDTV myself. My eyes are literally focused on OLED for some time now!. Been saving up for that 65"+ as the prices for OLED is dropping fast. Pretty soon, this will be available below $2999.

When you get to 60"+, every little shortcoming of Indian BRD will be exposed. A reasons I double downed on all classic german REM BRDs. Zee Cinema wont be Full HD anytime soon and not everyone have Z Cinema.

If you can collect all classic bollywood BRD titles, I say collect them now. Especially HAHK, AAA, DDLJ.....etc etc. The way Bollywood is going, 10 yrs from now, everything will be streamed with no latest hard media availability (BRD or 4k BRD). They are losing money on BRD authoring.

Picture Quality may not suffer necessarily but Audio Quality will definitely suffer as standards are low for Audio authoring. I cannot imagine watching DEVDAS (2002) in stereo despite excellent Full HD PQ streaming. I hope you got my point.
Old 09-01-2016, 05:51 AM   #87

Jun 2009
Chicago, IL

Yep. I did make a list of movies that I have to purchase. Should start collecting them in batches as it would be difficult to afford them all at once. Also I watch Bollywood, Tollywood and Kollywood movies, so the list is kinda big and takes more time and effort to find them and purchase.
Old 09-01-2016, 07:33 AM   #88
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2009
Johannesburg - South Africa

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hindustani View Post
[Show spoiler]I myself picked up the 'last' HAHK BRD recently. I have a 23" inch LED HDTV myself. My eyes are literally focused on OLED for some time now!. Been saving up for that 65"+ as the prices for OLED is dropping fast. Pretty soon, this will be available below $2999.

When you get to 60"+, every little shortcoming of Indian BRD will be exposed. A reasons I double downed on all classic german REM BRDs. Zee Cinema wont be Full HD anytime soon and not everyone have Z Cinema.

If you can collect all classic bollywood BRD titles, I say collect them now. Especially HAHK, AAA, DDLJ.....etc etc. The way Bollywood is going, 10 yrs from now, everything will be streamed with no latest hard media availability (BRD or 4k BRD). They are losing money on BRD authoring.

[Show spoiler]Picture Quality may not suffer necessarily but Audio Quality will definitely suffer as standards are low for Audio authoring. I cannot imagine watching DEVDAS (2002) in stereo despite excellent Full HD PQ streaming. I hope you got my point.
That is a pretty broad statement; how or where are the stats that show that they are losing money on BRD authoring? I'm curious to see these economics too.

Reliance has even started releasing the not-so-famous-artsy-type movies that would sometimes not even see a decent DVD release. If at all I can see an upward trend on BD.

WRT streaming, I've never been a fan to be honest. While people are gunning for better PQ, they forego the audio detail. It completely overrides having a home theatre.
Old 09-03-2016, 05:34 AM   #89

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrbrat_Boy View Post
That is a pretty broad statement; how or where are the stats that show that they are losing money on BRD authoring? I'm curious to see these economics too.

Reliance has even started releasing the not-so-famous-artsy-type movies that would sometimes not even see a decent DVD release. If at all I can see an upward trend on BD.

WRT streaming, I've never been a fan to be honest. While people are gunning for better PQ, they forego the audio detail. It completely overrides having a home theatre.
I agree - I've noticed an uptick in Bollywood blu-ray releases in the last year- what I don't quite understand is how did India so quickly shift from VHS to DVD but struggling to go from DVD to Blu-ray? I do think Bollywood will get into 4K/HDR though by next year....but releases will be reserved for the very best...Streaming can never catch up with physical media and physical media won't become obsolete in my opinion - kind-of similar to how everyone said newspapers and magazines and books will be a thing of the past.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:25 AM   #90
Special Member

May 2010
Bangalore

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs3771 View Post
I do think Bollywood will get into 4K/HDR though by next year....but releases will be reserved for the very best...
Yeah and just like it happened for BD, some lame movie like saawariya would debut in 4K.
Old 09-03-2016, 07:50 AM   #91

Mar 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by rs3771 View Post
I agree - I've noticed an uptick in Bollywood blu-ray releases in the last year- what I don't quite understand is how did India so quickly shift from VHS to DVD but struggling to go from DVD to Blu-ray?
You missed a step! India went from VHS to VCD first - and then DVD. I recall a time when a whole load of films were only available on VCD, and not DVD. I guess the DVDs picked up when people realised you could fit 6 films on one DVD!!
Old 07-29-2019, 02:09 AM   #92

Jul 2019
Birmingham UK

Iím really considering getting HAKHK on Blu Ray all the screen shots look great and crystal clear (of course) I bought the EROS DVD on eBay about 2 years ago but was shocked and annoyed at how unclear and how much motion blur there was on the DVD not to mention the subtitles not inline so I had no choice to throw it away as I couldnít watch even 5 mins of the rubbish EROS made. I want to is it worth a buy especially being one of the best Family Films in Bollywood. Not only that does the movie go straight to the menu or movie straight away? I love my Bollywood Blu Rayís to go straight to the menu rather that the film because if you just want to watch and listen to the songs you can also itís easy to choose particular scene of the if you turn it off and want to watch it later on in the day or night or maybe the next day. Please send screen shots of the menu if you are able to would be great help. Thank You

Last edited by BollywoodGuy; 07-29-2019 at 02:17 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Blu-ray Movies - International > India