Best TV Deals

Cyber Monday Deals are Now Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99

Black Sails: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Planet Earth II and Blue Planet II: The Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Cowboy Bebop: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.49

Avatar - The Last Airbender: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$81.31

Dragon Ball Z: Seasons 1-9 Collection (Blu-ray)
$123.49

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Star Trek: The Complete Original Series (Blu-ray)
$37.40

Yellowstone: Season 2 (Blu-ray)
$23.68
1 hr ago
Westworld: Season Two 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Star Blazers: Space Battleship Yamato 2199 - Part Two (Blu-ray)
$25.84

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls

View Poll Results: Smallville or Lois & Clark
Smallville 47 69.12%
Lois & Clark 17 25.00%
Neither 4 5.88%
Voters: 68. You may not vote on this poll

Old 01-09-2012, 07:19 PM   #1
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13
Send a message via AIM to Batman1980
Default Smallville versus Lois & Clark

I think Lois & Clark had the better writing, Smallville had the better cast. I prefer Smallville but it's really close.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:37 AM   #2
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Darth Anakin View Post
I think Lois & Clark had the better writing, Smallville had the better cast. I prefer Smallville but it's really close.
Smallville all the way.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:41 AM   #3
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

This is a tougher poll than I imagined. Teri Hatcher versus Erica Durance is a very close call. I'm giving Smallville the nod because it lasted longer and their version of Lex was better.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:42 AM   #4
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zero_Cool View Post
Smallville all the way.
I will admit though, there is something nice about how Lois & Clark never really had to deal with his teen years and just jumped right into the Superman stories. Both have their merits but again Smallville wins for me, still think it's odd Lois & Clark only lasted 4 seasons. Wonder when we'll get another Superman show, will probably have to wait till Snyder's done with the franchise.
Old 01-10-2012, 07:57 AM   #5
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009

Quote:
I will admit though, there is something nice about how Lois & Clark never really had to deal with his teen years and just jumped right into the Superman stories. Both have their merits but again Smallville wins for me, still think it's odd Lois & Clark only lasted 4 seasons. Wonder when we'll get another Superman show, will probably have to wait till Snyder's done with the franchise.
I loved the idea of Superman growing up and becoming Superman. Maybe why I loved Smallville so much. I will admit 10 seasons was kind of pushing it for me. I could cut out a season or two.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:00 AM   #6
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
I loved the idea of Superman growing up and becoming Superman. Maybe why I loved Smallville so much. I will admit 10 seasons was kind of pushing it for me. I could cut out a season or two.
I could've done without the freak of the week crap that I know a lot of people loved, or the Lana puppy love but I guess they wanted to start off slow. Oddly I'm pretty sure I've seen all of Lois & Clark before but I have very few memories of it. Still not sure how I feel about there not being a running "Kal-El" show.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:08 AM   #7
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009

Quote:
I could've done without the freak of the week crap that I know a lot of people loved, or the Lana puppy love but I guess they wanted to start off slow. Oddly I'm pretty sure I've seen all of Lois & Clark before but I have very few memories of it. Still not sure how I feel about there not being a running "Kal-El" show.
Haha "freak of the week" They had a few good ones.

I loved the first three seasons. The fourth was not bad. I could of skipped part of season 5 and all of 6 & 7. It took them way to long to put Lois into the picture. Maybe it was Tom Welling that made me keep watching and not Kristin Kreuk. Somehow I think it should of been the other way around.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:13 AM   #8
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Haha "freak of the week" They had a few good ones.

I loved the first three seasons. The fourth was not bad. I could of skipped part of season 5 and all of 6 & 7. It took them way to long to put Lois into the picture. Maybe it was Tom Welling that made me keep watching and not Kristin Kreuk. Somehow I think it should of been the other way around.
I've said it many times, Kreuk is simply not that attractive and Lana was poorly conceived. She was whiny, annoying and held his character back for years. Maybe they did that on purpose so people would like Lois right away, I don't know. I will say I disagree with Clark Kent, while I did enjoy Hatcher's Lois, I thought Durance was unparalleled as the best Lois to date.
Old 01-10-2012, 08:19 AM   #9
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

I only have vague childhood memories of Lois & Clark but I remember it was really corny

So Smallville imo
Old 01-10-2012, 08:40 AM   #10
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009

Quote:
I've said it many times, Kreuk is simply not that attractive and Lana was poorly conceived. She was whiny, annoying and held his character back for years. Maybe they did that on purpose so people would like Lois right away, I don't know. I will say I disagree with Clark Kent, while I did enjoy Hatcher's Lois, I thought Durance was unparalleled as the best Lois to date.
What are your thoughts on MoS? Amy Adams as Lois. The only good thing I see with MoS would be Kevin Costner. John Schneider was an amazing Jonathan Kent if you ask me.
Old 01-10-2012, 04:15 PM   #11
Power Member

Feb 2009
Anaheim, CA

I did enjoy Lois and Clark. And Teri Hather was hot back in the day. But the last season of that show was not very good. All the bad guys wanted to do was break up Lois and Clark instead of say, take over the world.

But I did give the edge to Smallville. There were some dud episodes here and there. But overall it was very good. And Erica Durance does take the Lois crown!
Old 01-10-2012, 08:25 PM   #12
Blu-ray Jedi

Feb 2009
District 13

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaptainYoda View Post
I did enjoy Lois and Clark. And Teri Hather was hot back in the day. But the last season of that show was not very good. All the bad guys wanted to do was break up Lois and Clark instead of say, take over the world.

But I did give the edge to Smallville. There were some dud episodes here and there. But overall it was very good. And Erica Durance does take the Lois crown!
I have to say also I never really liked the Toymaker villain in the comics but I thought he was solid on both shows. Thought Lois & Clark did Metallo better than Smallville did though.
Old 02-14-2013, 09:36 PM   #13
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013
Ohio

If I ever found Lois and Clark complete set for a good price I would jump on it. The price would have to exceptionally great for me to consider Smallville.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:30 PM   #14

Sep 2012
Clacton , Essex

I love Lois & Clark I have all the DVDs and have in fact been rewatching them.
I am on season 2 now around the middle.

But have never seen Smallville I keep meaning to try it out but not got round to it yet.
Old 02-17-2013, 09:45 PM   #15

Jan 2013

I don't remember Lois and Clark. I remember watching it on TV on a weekly basis, but that's about it.

Smallville was my favorite show. I would order pizza, turn the phone off, and sit down and enjoy the show. When I first got into it (late) I watched the first 4 1/2 seasons in a matter of weeks. There were days where I would put 1 or 2 on in the morning, then the next thing I knew it was time to go to bed. I ended up starting my Smallville Cult. I would get people hooked on the show. I would loan out my seasons and they would be addicted. It was fun.

Tom Welling as Clark was perfect. Erica Durance was the best Lois Lane. Jonathan and Martha Kent were excellently cast. But Michael Rosenbaum was the ULTIMATE Lex Luthor.

This was also the first series that I bought on DVD/Blu Ray. I just love it!
Old 02-17-2013, 09:49 PM   #16
Blu-ray Prince

Oct 2007
Metropolis

The first couple of seasons for Lois & Clark are really good television. It fell apart in its last season. I've been rewatching it lately and it is still entertaining.

Smallville would have turned out better for me if they had downplayed all of the teenage angst, particularly in the college years.
Old 10-16-2013, 07:14 AM   #17
Blu-ray Champion

Mar 2011
Alaska

I grew up with Lois and Clark and watched Smallville in latter high school...

Both Dean Cain and Terri Hatcher are great eye candy, but most of the episodes were pretty cheesy. Though I liked Clark in the suit and Lois and Clark's chemistry. I always wanted Smallville to be more like that once they started working at the Daily Planet.

Smallville was too hypervisual sometimes and eventually just dragged the show out for years without any character development (worse than all of L&C cheesiness put together). Although L&C at it's best is just as good as Smallville. My favorite L&C episode is "Ultra-Woman," both story wise and spx wise, there really isn't much of a difference between L&C and Smallville.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:04 PM   #18
Special Member

Oct 2013
Alabama

There should be a poll option for "liked/loved both".

I can remember most of Lois and Clark and even who played MXYZPTLK. I would sit down every week and watch it. Loved it!

I didn't end up watching Smallville immediately ,but I did catch up thru DVD's and enjoyed it for the most part. The "Meteor Freak of the week" got a bit stale after awhile. I like what they did with Brainiac ,though Doomsday was weak, and was interesting how they brought in Darkseid. Overall it had some good writing and moments. One of my fav episodes was when Tom Wopat guest starred driving a Dodge Charger. It was just a fanboys Dukes of Hazzard moment.

Overall I like them both.
Old 11-12-2013, 09:11 PM   #19
Blu-ray Baron

Apr 2013
United Kingdom

If Lois & Clark had stayed like it was in the first season then it would be L&C, but sadly, it got worse as the seasons went on.

Smallville for me, but that first season of L&C was great!
Old 11-15-2013, 11:45 AM   #20
Banned

Dec 2009
Michigan, USA

I think it's disingenuous to compare the two since they are both good shows in their own right. Lois and Clark seemed to stay more faithful to the original comics, even included an adaption of Lois and Clark's wedding. Teri Hatcher was a babe. But, what most people keep forgetting was that Lois and Clark dealt more with the character development and the relationship between "Lois" and "Clark" rather than with the Superman persona.

Smallville seemed to deal more with Clark Kent and how he dealt with his heritage as the Last of Krypton rather than with the character of Clark Kent. It just dealt more with the mythology behind Kal-El and how he deals with his heritage.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows > TV Polls