Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Once Upon a Time in Hollywood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.55
7 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99

Doom Patrol: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$14.99
6 hrs ago
The Hunger Games: Complete 4-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99
2 hrs ago
The Flash: The Complete Fifth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
1 hr ago
Spider-Man: Far from Home / Spider-Man: Homecoming / Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse / Venom (Blu-ray)
$37.99
5 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$121.79

Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.96

Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

50 Years of Planet of the Apes: 9-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Supernatural: The Complete Fourteenth Season (Blu-ray)
$17.99
3 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

View Poll Results: Rate the movie (after you have seen it)
One Star 1 1.12%
Two Stars 4 4.49%
Three Stars 23 25.84%
Four Stars 47 52.81%
Five Stars 14 15.73%
Voters: 89. You may not vote on this poll

Old 03-12-2015, 08:37 PM   #41

Sep 2013
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by Falaskan View Post
I wonder if they will tie into parts of the Once Upton a Time storyline. Even in the slightest?
I think Once Upon a Time was intended to take place about ten/eleven-ish years after the events of the film, so assuming this comes out before 2023 they don't really have to worry about it. Regardless, I doubt they'll take it into consideration, nor should they. Whoever is writing (I assume Lee and Buck) should be concerned with giving us a well written story without trying to make it fit into what's essentially a fan fiction universe.

I liked Frozen, but some aspects of the film did live me a little cold (no pun intended). I do think it has good sequel potential though, much more than other Disney films. I'll be looking forward to this one.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:44 PM   #42
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smithe View Post
I think Once Upon a Time was intended to take place about ten/eleven-ish years after the events of the film, so assuming this comes out before 2023 they don't really have to worry about it. Regardless, I doubt they'll take it into consideration, nor should they. Whoever is writing (I assume Lee and Buck) should be concerned with giving us a well written story without trying to make it fit into what's essentially a fan fiction universe.

I liked Frozen, but some aspects of the film did live me a little cold (no pun intended). I do think it has good sequel potential though, much more than other Disney films. I'll be looking forward to this one.
Ummm....That's definitely not correct. Anna & Kristoff weren't even married yet, I really don't think they would wait 10 years! Nor did any of the characters age.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:47 PM   #43
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Technically it was 30 years or so after what with
[Show spoiler]them being frozen for so long and Elsa being trapped in the urn.

But yeah, the show will have no bearing on the film.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:48 PM   #44

Sep 2013
-
-
-

Quote:
Originally Posted by tylerdurden10 View Post
Ummm....That's definitely not correct. Anna & Kristoff weren't even married yet, I really don't think they would wait 10 years! Nor did any of the characters age.
For some reason I recall a casting sheet saying they wanted an Elsa who was in her early 30's. But since Georgina Haig isn't 30, yeah, I guess I'm wrong there.

Sorry about that. Carry on.
Old 03-12-2015, 08:49 PM   #45
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Diesel View Post
Technically it was 30 years or so after what with
[Show spoiler]them being frozen for so long and Elsa being trapped in the urn.

But yeah, the show will have no bearing on the film.
Yes that's what eventually happened, but when the season started showing them, it was basically a few months later after the movie events. At least this is what I thought he was referring to!
Old 03-12-2015, 09:12 PM   #46
Blu-ray Knight

Aug 2007
MD

Well, the wife and the kids will be thrilled, that's for sure (I don't hate the movie, it's just a tad too formulaic for my taste, and I vastly prefered Tangled both as a movie and for its score).

I can bet you that Kristen Anderson-Lopez and Robert Lopez will be back as well...
To this day, I still hear "Let It Go" on XM Radio "The Pulse" or "The Blend" (their flagship "current" channels) periodically.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:16 PM   #47
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

Quote:
I wonder if they will tie into parts of the Once Upton a Time storyline. Even in the slightest?
hope not.

tie in the short by all means but leae OUAT in its own universe
Old 03-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #48
Expert Member

Dec 2014

It's Disney so I'll bite...they've been on a roll lately so cautiously optimistic it'll be as good as the first.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:21 PM   #49
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012
Tallahassee, Fl

Quote:
How are they going to get people to like it? The prince actually being bad plot twist and and true love being sisterly love plot twists have already been done.
Maybe turn Hans into an Anti-Villain like Loki.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:22 PM   #50
Blu-ray Knight

Jul 2007
Staffordshite, UK

question is - will this me a sequel along the lines of all other Classic sequels, or a stand alone Classic itself a'la Rescuers Down Under?
Old 03-12-2015, 09:30 PM   #51
Blu-ray Ninja

Jan 2009
Little Rock, AR

Quote:
Originally Posted by yeslek View Post
question is - will this me a sequel along the lines of all other Classic sequels, or a stand alone Classic itself a'la Rescuers Down Under?
The original directors & producer are on board, and right now DisneyToon Studios (the unit that made most of the cheapquels before Lasseter killed them) is all but shut down after both the Tinker Bell & Planes franchises were cancelled. Frozen 2 is 99.9% certain to be a DAC.
Old 03-12-2015, 09:34 PM   #52
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009
MA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RBBrittain View Post
The original directors & producer are on board, and right now DisneyToon Studios (the unit that made most of the cheapquels before Lasseter killed them) is all but shut down after both the Tinker Bell & Planes franchises were cancelled. Frozen 2 is 99.9% certain to be a DAC.
Huh? Didn't they JUST release another Tinkerbell title? I was under the impression it was quite the successful franchise for Disney?
Old 03-12-2015, 09:41 PM   #53
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2008
Champlin, MN

Quote:
Huh? Didn't they JUST release another Tinkerbell title? I was under the impression it was quite the successful franchise for Disney?
That was the last Tinker Bell movie. They are bombing for Disney and it was already far in development so they decided to just release it. They used to be successful than just went downhill.
Old 03-12-2015, 10:16 PM   #54
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Quote:
Yes that's what eventually happened, but when the season started showing them, it was basically a few months later after the movie events. At least this is what I thought he was referring to!
Touchè

Quote:
Originally Posted by Elandyll View Post
I vastly prefered Tangled both as a movie and for its score).
Absolutely this. Tangled is far superior in my opinion. If they announced a sequel to that I'd be all over it (Zachary Levi )
Old 03-12-2015, 10:17 PM   #55
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Considering how perfect the OUAT follow-up was, to me at least, I was thinking I might survive without a sequel. But I want more Anna and Elsa so bad. I can't wait for it!
Thanks given by:
detective392 (03-12-2015)
Old 03-13-2015, 04:19 AM   #56
Entertainment Moderator

Jan 2009
-
-
-
-
-

Watched Cinderella earlier today, thought Frozen Fever was a decent short. Nothing great, but a few laughs.
Old 03-13-2015, 06:17 PM   #57
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2009
Columbia, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by assydingo View Post
Considering how perfect the OUAT follow-up was, to me at least, I was thinking I might survive without a sequel.
This is kind of how I feel. OUAT gave us a sequel and prequel.
Old 03-13-2015, 11:01 PM   #58
Blu-ray Guru

Mar 2015
West London, England, UK

As soon as this was breaking all over on Facebook yesterday I was literally squealing my whole flat down!!!

Completed expected though as a) it was so totally gonna end up happening anway and b) I'm only one of the biggest, most die-hardl hardcore fans of everything and anything Frozen on this entire planet!!!
Old 03-13-2015, 11:35 PM   #59
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by rikraq View Post
This is kind of how I feel. OUAT gave us a sequel and prequel.
Yep. I loved it so much. Anna was great. She had tons of fun lines and is just insanely endearing. But the journey that Elsa goes through
[Show spoiler]and seeing her help Emma with something similar...
it just added so much to her character for me. And of course the whole thing was really Anna and Elsa fighting for each other. Which was just awesome.

I can't even imagine what Frozen 2 will be story wise.

Quote:
Originally Posted by KimmyKins83 View Post
As soon as this was breaking all over on Facebook yesterday I was literally squealing my whole flat down!!!

Completed expected though as a) it was so totally gonna end up happening anway and b) I'm only one of the biggest, most die-hardl hardcore fans of everything and anything Frozen on this entire planet!!!
There are some pretty devoted Frozen fans out there. Not sure where I rank but Elsa and Anna are my heroes.

Last edited by assydingo; 03-13-2015 at 11:52 PM.
Old 03-14-2015, 12:18 AM   #60
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2011
Utah

Frozen Fever wasn't great, but it at least brought me back into that world and excited for another movie.
I can't guarantee I'll be at the theater 11 times like I was for the first one but we'll see.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
disney, frozen, sequel