Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
The Vampire Diaries: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
C$69.99

Illumination Presents: 6-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
C$16.89

Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
C$54.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
C$54.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season (Blu-ray)
C$54.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Eighth Season 4K (Blu-ray)
C$64.99

Downton Abbey: The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
C$79.99
5 hrs ago
Ida Lupino: Filmmaker Collection (Blu-ray)
C$47.61
17 hrs ago
Rick and Morty: Season 3 (Blu-ray)
C$15.99

Westworld: Season One (Blu-ray)
C$16.99

Doctor Who: The Complete David Tennant Collection (Blu-ray)
C$28.99

Fairy Tail: Collection 4 (Blu-ray)
C$26.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals

Old 10-03-2019, 02:06 PM   #121
Blu-ray Ninja

Aug 2007
Toronto, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Animatic33 View Post
Ugh. It happened again... now my Frozen 4k steelbook has been stolen and a WowHD order. I am following up with the proper channels in the matter, and most likely will file a report at the local police office.

I guess I'll have to give flex delivery a shot... anyone have any feedback on whether this service is any good?

I also see that amazon can ship to post offices as well... has anyone used this?
Damn man, stolen right off your porch? I'm sorry to hear that.

I have seen reports on TV about people who follow delivery trucks around, watching where they leave parcels and then thieving them once the delivery guy has left... Pretty sad.
Thanks given by:
Animatic33 (10-03-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 02:08 PM   #122

Mar 2011

Quote:
Ugh. It happened again... now my Frozen 4k steelbook has been stolen and a WowHD order. I am following up with the proper channels in the matter, and most likely will file a report at the local police office.

I guess I'll have to give flex delivery a shot... anyone have any feedback on whether this service is any good?

I also see that amazon can ship to post offices as well... has anyone used this?
I used to have them ship to the post office around the corner from my house, but then they started using Intelcom, who btw don't deliver to post offices. I've had to have them reroute to my home address on my last 2 shipments because "the item was undeliverable" It's ridiculous. I'd recommend not.
Thanks given by:
Animatic33 (10-03-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 02:26 PM   #123
Expert Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by agoofykindasuperman View Post
Damn man, stolen right off your porch? I'm sorry to hear that.

I have seen reports on TV about people who follow delivery trucks around, watching where they leave parcels and then thieving them once the delivery guy has left... Pretty sad.
Well, the strange thing about this case is that I have a parcel safe box in my building, and upon opening the compartment on Tuesday - it was empty.

My first thought is someone has replicated the keys and has been stealing my parcels.

I checked with my front office this morning and apparently there have been cases of the mail delivery people just plain forgetting to fill the lockers. Which is weird because apparently there is only one key the mail people can use per box, so they somehow had the foresight to give me a key in knowing which box they were going to use, before filling the locker.

In any case I canít be at fault thinking it was straight up theft by someone.

Iíll see what happens today. I just want my stuff, Iíd rather not have Best Buy and Amazon thinking Iím some sort of sketch customer.
Old 10-03-2019, 02:28 PM   #124

Mar 2019

Quote:

Flex delivery is sent to a post box office and I have been using it for years and not a single missed shipment. Thing is outside of Canada it has to be from a national postal service like USPS, private shipping like UPS wont deliver to a Flex address.

Last edited by Deadend45; 10-03-2019 at 04:34 PM.
Thanks given by:
Animatic33 (10-04-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 02:34 PM   #125

Mar 2017
Alberta

I pretty much use flex-delivery for most of my purchases these days, (amazon, wowhd, barnes and noble, etc..) main thing to keep in mind with the service, as was stated earlier is that flex only uses Canada Post, will deliver via the service (so UPS, Fed Ex etc, will not).

Best part about it though, is that you get an email from Canada Post, once your item is ready to pick up, and so long as a carrier overseas/across the border will deliver with their postal service (so Royal Mail, Intelcom, USPS,) you can use flex delivery as those will get transferred to Canada Post.

Other option, if you have a community mail box that I found works for Amazon at least, is to create another home address but at the end of the address at (PO Box 0), so - 1234 105 ST (PO Box 0)

This will force the Amazon's system to use Canada Post to deliver to your community mail box and bypass Intelcom, and other carriers that Amazon use that would simply drop off your parcels at your front door.
Thanks given by:
Animatic33 (10-04-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 03:35 PM   #126
Special Member

Apr 2014

Quote:

I've been using Flex Delivery for a year and a half. I've never had any problems with it. Highly recommend it if you're worried about or having issues with package theft.
Thanks given by:
Animatic33 (10-04-2019)
Old 10-03-2019, 09:14 PM   #127
Special Member

Aug 2007
British Columbia

I've noticed lately when i order stuff from Amazon, the minute it gets delivered, my Echo lights up with a notification. Asking it to play the notification back it will say(item name) was delivered.
Old 10-04-2019, 06:47 AM   #128
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

I've been using FlexDelivery for the last three years and I love it.

I even set my Mom up with her own. That way, I know she will get her Amazon shipments from me and I don't have to worry about someone stealing from her porch.

I only use my community mailbox when I have to, which is pretty rare.
Thanks given by:
Animatic33 (10-04-2019)
Old 12-04-2019, 07:39 PM   #129
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2009

Anyone else experiencing their packages being slowed down at the border recently? I have one package from the US stuck at customs since the 1st and one of my recent orders from the UK took an additional 2 weeks to get here. I'm guessing they already can't handle the Black Friday and Christmas rush.
Old 12-04-2019, 07:59 PM   #130
Special Member

Jul 2011
Montreal, QC

Quote:
Originally Posted by zeze View Post
Anyone else experiencing their packages being slowed down at the border recently? I have one package from the US stuck at customs since the 1st and one of my recent orders from the UK took an additional 2 weeks to get here. I'm guessing they already can't handle the Black Friday and Christmas rush.
My recent orders from the US (mostly from ImportCDS/wowhd) got there in normal time. Most of my Zavvi orders arrived in 2-3 weeks with a couple of exceptions that took 1 month. However my last 2 orders from rarewaves never arrived.
Old 12-05-2019, 11:43 PM   #131
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

I haven't noticed a slow-down. I'm getting international packages daily.
Thanks given by:
alull (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:41 PM   #132
Expert Member

Dec 2016
Ontario, Canada
Question

I don't know where to ask (and I don't want to create a new thread), so I'll ask here...

I'm still burned about Kino eliminating free s&h (min $100). Just for 3 blu-rays was 14.50 (that's 19.22 cdn out of our pocket) and almost 20 US for 5 brs shipped. Sorry, just wanted that out of the way, lol but anyway, can someone please mention which sites (US and elsewhere) that will offer Canadians free S&H (minimum threshold of course) or at least a decent price? Thanks.
Old Yesterday, 09:57 PM   #133
Expert Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBetter View Post
I don't know where to ask (and I don't want to create a new thread), so I'll ask here...

I'm still burned about Kino eliminating free s&h (min $100). Just for 3 blu-rays was 14.50 (that's 19.22 cdn out of our pocket) and almost 20 US for 5 brs shipped. Sorry, just wanted that out of the way, lol but anyway, can someone please mention which sites (US and elsewhere) that will offer Canadians free S&H (minimum threshold of course) or at least a decent price? Thanks.
WowHd often has Kino sales. I have a feeling one is around the corner.
Old Yesterday, 10:15 PM   #134

Feb 2008

Anyone have more issues than usual with amazon UK shipping as of late? Their packaging has always left something to be desired, but two of the last three packages I received were missing items that had clearly just fallen out of the packages. The first package I received looks like it was sealed poorly and came undone during shipping (lost one item while the other was slightly damaged). The second package didn't look like it had ever been sealed at all and I received one of the four items that had shipped.

Amazon was semi helpful in helping me out but can't reship until after the scheduled (both arrived prior to scheduled delivery date). The first package they eventually just refunded and let me keep the (slightly dinged up, but presently out of stock) box set I did receive. Still waiting until next weekend to sort the second.
Old Yesterday, 10:33 PM   #135
Power Member

Aug 2014
Montreal

Quote:
Originally Posted by RickyBetter View Post

https://www.unobstructedview.com/licensor/kino-lorber/

Free shipping over $100.
Thanks given by:
alull (Today)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Hot Deals > Movie and TV Deals > Canadian Deals