Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
3 hrs ago
The Lighthouse (Blu-ray)
$17.99
20 hrs ago
One Missed Call Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$33.03
7 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Supergirl: The Complete Fourth Season (Blu-ray)
$19.99
23 hrs ago
Wonder Woman: Bloodlines (Blu-ray)
$9.99
23 hrs ago
Titans: The Complete Second Season (Blu-ray)
$24.99
13 hrs ago
Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Shrek: The Ultimate Collection (Blu-ray)
$17.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 06-07-2018, 09:18 AM   #1

Jun 2018
Indiana
Default New guy...

But, posted already since I couldn't start a thread until recently.

My name is Joe, I'm from Indiana, and love racing, cars, and am working on getting more in to higher end home theatre. I work in a factory, drive a slow car, married, three kids, and love life. Wanna know more...just ask!
Old 06-07-2018, 04:59 PM   #2
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2010
MS(the state, not the lady), USA

Old 06-13-2018, 06:10 PM   #3
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Welcome to the site. There's a lot of information here.
Old 06-13-2018, 11:54 PM   #4
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2013
Gotham City

Old 06-19-2018, 05:21 PM   #5

Jun 2018
Kentucky

Welcome Neighbor
Old 07-29-2018, 05:43 AM   #6

Jul 2018

Hi Joe!
Old 07-30-2018, 04:40 AM   #7

Jul 2018
Arkansas

I have tried using the search function (on the forum and main site) and can't seem to find a definitive answer. Is it allowed on this website to sell digital copies of Blue-Rays? I see a lot of posts about buying and even trading physical copies but I'm more talking about the actual codes that sometimes come with Blue-Ray purchases. I'm more than happy to try and achieve the necessary feedback, post count or account age if that's what is required. I just wanted to check and see if this was allowed or not before hand.

Also, where can I go to update my Blue-Ray collection like I see some of the members in this forum have done. Or if there is a better FAQ than the one I found which answers these questions can someone please point me in the right direction.

EDIT: To be honest, this site seems to have SO MUCH content and links that it's a little overwhelming to someone just starting out in this world lol.

Thank You,
Nick
Old 07-30-2018, 04:45 AM   #8
Blu-ray Knight

Jun 2009
Illinois

https://forum.blu-ray.com/forumdisplay.php?f=204
Old 07-30-2018, 08:51 AM   #9
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2015
Los Angeles-ish, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tarrzan View Post
I have tried using the search function (on the forum and main site) and can't seem to find a definitive answer. Is it allowed on this website to sell digital copies of Blue-Rays? I see a lot of posts about buying and even trading physical copies but I'm more talking about the actual codes that sometimes come with Blue-Ray purchases. I'm more than happy to try and achieve the necessary feedback, post count or account age if that's what is required. I just wanted to check and see if this was allowed or not before hand.
Hi Nick!

Yes, almost all members have the ability to buy and sell those digital codes. There used to be no restrictions, but I've heard that changed over a year ago. So that New Members, such as yourself, have to wait 30 or so days from the time you registered here, and also make 10 or more forum posts.

That selling section is is a busy part of the site, and relies a lot on trust and good communication. So there are some important rules in place there, that you should definitely familiarize yourself with, when you do gain access to it.

Quote:
Also, where can I go to update my Blue-Ray collection like I see some of the members in this forum have done. Or if there is a better FAQ than the one I found which answers these questions can someone please point me in the right direction.
Unfortunately our FAQ's could be a bit better and more extensive, but if you have questions then please ask. There aren't as many experienced members who check this sub-forum regularly, but usually those of us who do try to be as helpful as we can.

There are different ways to add titles to your collection. Some people use the app. to scan their barcodes in, which I'm really not familiar with unfortunately.

I look them up manually. If you go to the very top of the page then you can select Blu-ray, 4K, 3D, DVD, UV, MA, iTunes or AIV for movies and tv series.

You then type in the name of what you're looking for in the white space below. You can also change the Country, in case you have releases from more than one nation. Just look for the little arrow next to the Country flag.

If there's only 1 edition in the database then the search will take you directly to that. If there are more, then it will show all the results of the search. Oftentimes you can pick the correct version that you have from that, but occasionally there will be multiple releases with the same cover art, or very similar (or rarely no art), and you have to click on each and figure out which one matches what you own, based on the UPC and/or EAN.

You can also manually search for the entry that matches the UPC or EAN you own by typing it in here: https://www.blu-ray.com/movies/search.php

There are a very great many releases that are in the database here, but still not everything, though more is added every day, both new releases and old. So you might not get a match on absolutely everything you own. Hopefully you do, but if not then there are ways to add what you need.

Once you've found the correct entry that you want to add, then look on that page right below the cover art. You should see a few little symbols, there's always a Heart on the far right, and what's meant to be a little strip of film on the left. If you hover over it then it should have a little text that appears that says "Add to Collection".

That is what you want to click on to add, or remove, anything from your collection here. Click on it and you'll select "Category" at the top, which is usually "Owned" and then there's a blue rectangle a little farther down that says "Add to Collection". Once you click on that then you're done! There is sometimes a delay between when you do that and when your numbers will update on your profile here on the forum, but don't worry.

Quote:
EDIT: To be honest, this site seems to have SO MUCH content and links that it's a little overwhelming to someone just starting out in this world lol.

Thank You,
Nick
I absolutely felt the same when I joined too! I'd recommend taking things slow, maybe familiarize yourself with a little bit at a time. That's what worked best for me, though some others just like to jump in as much as possible. There's lots to see and I wish you well.
Thanks given by:
sparklyprincessk (09-05-2018)
Old 07-30-2018, 09:28 PM   #10
Banned

Jul 2018

New poster as well. Practice message so no real purpose other than to build a resume
Old 08-03-2018, 03:21 AM   #11

Jul 2018
Arkansas

I tried quoting a full reply and I believe it said it needed to be reviewed and approved by a moderator. I still don't see my reply so hopefully this one goes through. Thank you RodChester and ESPECIALLY Strapped4Cash for the helpful responses. I look forward to meeting the requirements to start selling digital copies of movies as I have a TON that I'm sure many members of this forum would enjoy.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:30 AM   #12

Jul 2018
Arkansas

Quote:
Originally Posted by StFranklin View Post
New poster as well. Practice message so no real purpose other than to build a resume
Half testing to see if my quote replies are working but am also curious as to what rules he broke to get banned. Want to make sure I stay away from that type of behavior. Is there any way to find out why a member was banned or what rules have been broken by someone before they get banned? I hope double posting in this fashion isn't against the rules (I don't see it mentioned anywhere).
Old 08-03-2018, 03:11 PM   #13
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Half testing to see if my quote replies are working but am also curious as to what rules he broke to get banned. Want to make sure I stay away from that type of behavior. Is there any way to find out why a member was banned or what rules have been broken by someone before they get banned? I hope double posting in this fashion isn't against the rules (I don't see it mentioned anywhere).
There's no reason for us to know why someone was banned. They just obviously did something they aren't supposed to do.
Old 08-03-2018, 03:18 PM   #14
Blu-ray Prince

Apr 2009
Out there...past them trees...

Quote:
https://forum.blu-ray.com/faq.php?fa...forumrulesfull

As Jigsaw would say, *deep gravely voice* "Don't forget the rules."
Old 08-24-2018, 04:11 PM   #15

Aug 2018

Well, for a factory worker u got nice life. Everything the best man!
Old 08-28-2018, 08:35 PM   #16
Banned

Aug 2018

It's cool to be a part of this great forum!
Old 08-29-2018, 02:46 PM   #17

Aug 2018

Hi, Joe!
Old 09-05-2018, 08:38 PM   #18

Sep 2018
Smile

Thanks so much for the detailed response Strapped4Cash. Appreciate it!
Old 09-06-2018, 08:21 PM   #19

Sep 2018
NC

Hey Joe. It's a pleasure to see you here on the forum. I am a brand new member myself(call me T O Double) or TO for short. I look forward to making a friend here.
Old 09-15-2018, 10:38 PM   #20

Sep 2018

Hello I am new ... nice to be a part of the group trying to figure everything out
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion