Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99
17 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$121.79
3 hrs ago
Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.96
16 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99
17 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
17 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$18.39

South Park: Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
16 hrs ago
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere

Old 12-20-2018, 02:47 AM   #81

Apr 2011

I hope they bring the Movies Anywhere app to TVs, Blu-Ray players, and video game consoles. Have they said why it's not on more devices?
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #82

Feb 2010

The Apple TV app got an update today, it seems they fixed the 4K playback problem (that needed 4K HDR enabled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I've never heard anyone put Vudu below iTunes. They're consistently with Amazon at the top.
I am still waiting for evidence that Amazon provides better PQ than iTunes.
Old 12-21-2018, 06:07 AM   #83
Expert Member

Dec 2017
Vermont

Are there any plans to add Maximum Streaming Resolution (in the Movies Anywhere app) to the database on this website?

As far as I know, the only way to find out if a movie can stream 4K the Movies Anywhere app, you need to already have the 4K ownership rights.
Old 12-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #84
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2007
Dawson, GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
As far as I know, the only way to find out if a movie can stream 4K the Movies Anywhere app, you need to already have the 4K ownership rights.
See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaet View Post
https://moviesanywhere.com/collection/4kuhdmovies

here are the list of all 4k ma movies, I don't think there is one movie that's not available in any ma providers
Old 12-25-2018, 02:26 AM   #85
Expert Member

Oct 2008

Does anyone here know the typical bitrate of a movie streaming at 1080p in Movies Anywhere?
Old 12-26-2018, 03:53 AM   #86
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

Home Alone 4K looks pretty great
Old 12-30-2018, 01:54 AM   #87
Special Member

Jul 2018

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCFan View Post
Does anyone here know the typical bitrate of a movie streaming at 1080p in Movies Anywhere?
1080p is roughly around 13-24mbs, way less than an encode on a BD disc, but on par with Amazon video and that rate depends on title, along with bandwidth and such on your end.

Not sure about 4k content, but i've heard around 30-60mbs if you have steady bandwidth and weather you have HDR or Dolby Vision.
Old 02-13-2019, 05:30 AM   #88
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamarg View Post
I am still waiting for evidence that Amazon provides better PQ than iTunes.
Dunno about Amazon but I recently tested X-Men: Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut on both Vudu and iTunes and Vudu had better compression, less blocking and banding. I think Vudu uses some filtering though, as iTunes can look more "crisp." Maybe a pick your poison thing.
Thanks given by:
IndyMLVC (02-13-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #89
Blu-ray Knight

Nov 2008
Durham, NC

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Dunno about Amazon but I recently tested X-Men: Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut on both Vudu and iTunes and Vudu had better compression, less blocking and banding. I think Vudu uses some filtering though, as iTunes can look more "crisp." Maybe a pick your poison thing.
I've always felt that Vudu uses some type of filter when compared to iTunes because, on this forum, everyone says that Vudu is better than iTunes and I could never grasp that concept because to my eyes, it looked like iTunes was more crisp than Vudu. I've felt that way for years. But, you may be right in the "pick your poison" assessment. I end up always going with iTunes mainly for UI more than anything else. For me, iTunes is just the better overall experience.
Old 02-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #90
Blu-ray Grand Duke

Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
I've always felt that Vudu uses some type of filter when compared to iTunes because, on this forum, everyone says that Vudu is better than iTunes and I could never grasp that concept because to my eyes, it looked like iTunes was more crisp than Vudu. I've felt that way for years. But, you may be right in the "pick your poison" assessment. I end up always going with iTunes mainly for UI more than anything else. For me, iTunes is just the better overall experience.
Warner Bros. discs tend to use a mild soft filter to help with compression. That's why people prefer the European Sony disc of Blade Runner 2049 for example, because it doesn't have that mild soft filter. To me Vudu uses a very similar thing, though it's more obvious to my eye (probably because of further compression). iTunes looks more like a "raw" file, but that has compression downsides too.

I'm mostly a disc guy so I haven't watched a ton of stuff, but that was my quick and dirty assessment comparing them. If I were to go "full streaming" I'd pick iTunes I believe, because I like the crisper look, the 100% Dolby Vision support and the interface.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere