Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99
17 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$121.79
3 hrs ago
Batman: 80th Anniversary 18-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.96
16 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99
 
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99
17 hrs ago
Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
17 hrs ago
Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99
 
Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99
 
Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$18.39
 
South Park: Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
16 hrs ago
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96
 
Avatar: The Last Airbender / The Legend of Korra - The Complete Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 hr ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 12-20-2018, 02:47 AM   #81
EdReedFan20 EdReedFan20 is offline
Member
 
Apr 2011
Default

I hope they bring the Movies Anywhere app to TVs, Blu-Ray players, and video game consoles. Have they said why it's not on more devices?
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Undeadcow (12-20-2018)
Old 12-20-2018, 08:51 PM   #82
papamarg papamarg is offline
Member
 
papamarg's Avatar
 
Feb 2010
199
Default

The Apple TV app got an update today, it seems they fixed the 4K playback problem (that needed 4K HDR enabled)

Quote:
Originally Posted by IndyMLVC View Post
I've never heard anyone put Vudu below iTunes. They're consistently with Amazon at the top.
I am still waiting for evidence that Amazon provides better PQ than iTunes.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 06:07 AM   #83
vwnut13 vwnut13 is online now
Expert Member
 
Dec 2017
Vermont
20
879
93
758
92
29
84
Default

Are there any plans to add Maximum Streaming Resolution (in the Movies Anywhere app) to the database on this website?

As far as I know, the only way to find out if a movie can stream 4K the Movies Anywhere app, you need to already have the 4K ownership rights.
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-21-2018, 02:57 PM   #84
Alan Gordon Alan Gordon is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
Alan Gordon's Avatar
 
Aug 2007
Dawson, GA
231
1744
437
629
699
1002
680
17
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by vwnut13 View Post
As far as I know, the only way to find out if a movie can stream 4K the Movies Anywhere app, you need to already have the 4K ownership rights.
See below:

Quote:
Originally Posted by supaet View Post
https://moviesanywhere.com/collection/4kuhdmovies

here are the list of all 4k ma movies, I don't think there is one movie that's not available in any ma providers
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-25-2018, 02:26 AM   #85
PCFan PCFan is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2008
188
Default

Does anyone here know the typical bitrate of a movie streaming at 1080p in Movies Anywhere?
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-26-2018, 03:53 AM   #86
flyry flyry is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
flyry's Avatar
 
Jun 2013
50
409
142
251
39
Default

Home Alone 4K looks pretty great
  Reply With Quote
Old 12-30-2018, 01:54 AM   #87
SpaceBlackKnight SpaceBlackKnight is offline
Special Member
 
SpaceBlackKnight's Avatar
 
Jul 2018
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by PCFan View Post
Does anyone here know the typical bitrate of a movie streaming at 1080p in Movies Anywhere?
1080p is roughly around 13-24mbs, way less than an encode on a BD disc, but on par with Amazon video and that rate depends on title, along with bandwidth and such on your end.

Not sure about 4k content, but i've heard around 30-60mbs if you have steady bandwidth and weather you have HDR or Dolby Vision.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-13-2019, 05:30 AM   #88
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
299
1876
146
19
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by papamarg View Post
I am still waiting for evidence that Amazon provides better PQ than iTunes.
Dunno about Amazon but I recently tested X-Men: Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut on both Vudu and iTunes and Vudu had better compression, less blocking and banding. I think Vudu uses some filtering though, as iTunes can look more "crisp." Maybe a pick your poison thing.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
IndyMLVC (02-13-2019)
Old 02-21-2019, 09:16 AM   #89
Jumpman Jumpman is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Jumpman's Avatar
 
Nov 2008
Durham, NC
27
193
633
7
39
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by StingingVelvet View Post
Dunno about Amazon but I recently tested X-Men: Days of Future Past: Rogue Cut on both Vudu and iTunes and Vudu had better compression, less blocking and banding. I think Vudu uses some filtering though, as iTunes can look more "crisp." Maybe a pick your poison thing.
I've always felt that Vudu uses some type of filter when compared to iTunes because, on this forum, everyone says that Vudu is better than iTunes and I could never grasp that concept because to my eyes, it looked like iTunes was more crisp than Vudu. I've felt that way for years. But, you may be right in the "pick your poison" assessment. I end up always going with iTunes mainly for UI more than anything else. For me, iTunes is just the better overall experience.
  Reply With Quote
Old 02-21-2019, 06:59 PM   #90
StingingVelvet StingingVelvet is offline
Blu-ray Grand Duke
 
StingingVelvet's Avatar
 
Jan 2014
Philadelphia, PA
299
1876
146
19
69
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jumpman View Post
I've always felt that Vudu uses some type of filter when compared to iTunes because, on this forum, everyone says that Vudu is better than iTunes and I could never grasp that concept because to my eyes, it looked like iTunes was more crisp than Vudu. I've felt that way for years. But, you may be right in the "pick your poison" assessment. I end up always going with iTunes mainly for UI more than anything else. For me, iTunes is just the better overall experience.
Warner Bros. discs tend to use a mild soft filter to help with compression. That's why people prefer the European Sony disc of Blade Runner 2049 for example, because it doesn't have that mild soft filter. To me Vudu uses a very similar thing, though it's more obvious to my eye (probably because of further compression). iTunes looks more like a "raw" file, but that has compression downsides too.

I'm mostly a disc guy so I haven't watched a ton of stuff, but that was my quick and dirty assessment comparing them. If I were to go "full streaming" I'd pick iTunes I believe, because I like the crisper look, the 100% Dolby Vision support and the interface.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Digital Movies > Movies Anywhere


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 01:22 AM.