Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$41.99
1 hr ago
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$60.99
1 hr ago
Twin Peaks: From Z to A (Blu-ray)
$131.79
8 hrs ago
Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw 4K (Blu-ray)
$16.99

Twin Peaks: The Television Collection (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 hr ago
Linda Ronstadt: The Sound of My Voice (Blu-ray)
$18.39

Shaun of the Dead 4K / Hot Fuzz 4K / The World's End 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.99

Universal Classic Monsters: The Essential Collection (Blu-ray)
$29.99

South Park: Seasons 1-5 (Blu-ray)
$29.99
38 min ago
Rambo: Last Blood 4K (Blu-ray)
$24.96

Fast & Furious Presents: Hobbs & Shaw (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Apocalypse Now 4K (Blu-ray)
$12.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion

Old 09-29-2019, 02:13 AM   #1

Jul 2018
Default US Blu-ray shops that use good packaging?

Since I live outside of the US, I'm looking for a shop that ships all Blu-rays of an order together in a proper cardboard box. My experience with Amazon.com, B&N and a few eBay shops has been quite bad so far. Even when I make bigger orders, they keep sending individual Blu-rays in bubble mailers, or they just stuff everything into one big mailer, no matter how fragile the items are. This results in lots of damaged cases and slipcovers.

The shop does not have to offer international shipping. I can use a mail forwarder if necessary.
Old 10-02-2019, 04:26 AM   #2
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2015
Myrtle Beach, SC

Quote:
Originally Posted by Reno128 View Post
Since I live outside of the US, I'm looking for a shop that ships all Blu-rays of an order together in a proper cardboard box. My experience with Amazon.com, B&N and a few eBay shops has been quite bad so far. Even when I make bigger orders, they keep sending individual Blu-rays in bubble mailers, or they just stuff everything into one big mailer, no matter how fragile the items are. This results in lots of damaged cases and slipcovers.

The shop does not have to offer international shipping. I can use a mail forwarder if necessary.
None of the big companies will guarantee a box.

Just some small US boutique companies like Diabolikdvd, Vinegar Syndrome, and Rightstuf like real boxes.
Old 11-03-2019, 02:28 PM   #3

Aug 2017
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heapashifter View Post
None of the big companies will guarantee a box.

Just some small US boutique companies like Diabolikdvd, Vinegar Syndrome, and Rightstuf like real boxes.
... and Criterion! I live in Canada and always receive my stuff securely packed. I have once received a damaged digipak and they sent me a replacement digipak right away (in a box no less)!
Old 11-03-2019, 02:58 PM   #4
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2011

This can be a useful thread. I face the same problems as the OP.

I've sworn off buying from Barnes & Noble and Deep Discount due to their packaging. Amazon is a crapshoot.

Other online stores like WowHD or DVDEmpire.com don't allow Brazilians to buy stuff from them anymore. I could never go through an order from Target or Best Buy. Nice.

I do order directly from Criterion sometimes, and I am pretty pleased with them. But one can't only buy Criterion titles, can they?
Old 11-16-2019, 01:47 AM   #5

Jul 2018

The workaround I currently use is to have the shops send the Blu-rays to a mail forwarder in the US, and once everything has arrived, ask the forwarder to ship all items in a single cardboard box. UsGoBuy will do this for $10 extra, and I'm pretty sure bigger orders are automatically shipped in a box without additional costs. This also solves the problem of shops refusing to ship internationally.

Besides that, I've had good experience with Bull Moose and WB Shop so far. They seem to use boxes by default, at least for bigger order. They don't ship directly to Europe, though.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray.com > Newbie Discussion