Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ready Player One 3D (Blu-ray)
$35.23

Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Goosebumps 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Martian 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.30

Megamind 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.12

The Boss Baby 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.12

One Direction: This Is Us 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.95

Pandas: The Journey Home 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

The Good Dinosaur 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.31

R.I.P.D. 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.00

Cease Fire 3D (Blu-ray)
$20.03

Shrek Forever After 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.36

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 02-18-2018, 07:07 AM   #81

Mar 2017
Philippines

Marvel movies would've had more noticeable 3d pop-outs if it weren't for the black bars on the sides.
Old 02-18-2018, 08:34 AM   #82
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
Washington state

Quote:
Originally Posted by carlfab View Post
Marvel movies would've had more noticeable 3d pop-outs if it weren't for the black bars on the sides.
I honestly don't even notice the bars at all unless I'm actively looking for them. The only time they seem to be there is when there's some good 3D action going on and my attentions focused on that. It might also help if your in a darker viewing environment too.
Old 02-18-2018, 03:02 PM   #83
Blu-ray Baron

Jun 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen View Post
I watched it tonight in IMAX 3-D. Very entertaining, interesting, and fun experience. The first three fourths of the film is mostly medium and high-medium layering. The last 4th of the film exhibits high-medium to strong 3-D and strong popout sequences. Highly recommended.
Was there IMAX 3D scenes in the movie ?
Really hope they will be on the 3D Blu-Ray if there were
Old 02-18-2018, 04:43 PM   #84
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by revgen View Post
I watched it tonight in IMAX 3-D. Very entertaining, interesting, and fun experience. The first three fourths of the film is mostly medium and high-medium layering. The last 4th of the film exhibits high-medium to strong 3-D and strong popout sequences. Highly recommended.
Cool. Glad you enjoyed the 3D and the film. I agree that the 3D amped up more in the 2nd half especially. The conversion team did a great job overall. Stereo D did the 3D conversion from what I see.
Thanks given by:
revgen (02-19-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 05:51 PM   #85
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
Washington state

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
The movie had quite a few expanded IMAX scenes. My best bet is that they will be included in the 3D blu ray just like the rest of the Marvel 3D movies that had them have. It's definitely worth watching in IMAX 3D if that's your kind of thing.....it is for me anyways lol. I just wish more of our 3D forum members would actively go to the theater and support 3D releases. If no one's going to see them in the theater the next step for them is to not release them on 3D blu ray.
Thanks given by:
mredman (02-18-2018), Rickyrockard (02-18-2018), robtadrian (02-19-2018), Zivouhr (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #86
Power Member

Jul 2010
Chicago, IL

Quote:
Originally Posted by reewinder View Post
Most of these scenes during the credits are hints of what's to come in the next movies. Totally worth staying for. With the MCU you have to keep in mind that all these movies overlap and have intertwining story arcs and the end credit scenes bridge the gap between them. I also stay out of respect for all the people who put hard work into the making of the movie.....sure they will never know I stayed but I've always thought if I had my name up there in the credits I'd like for people to look for it.
I agree. I like the after movie scenes as they tease and get you ready for what's coming next. Reminds me of reading the original Marvel comic books in the 60's. My buddies and I couldn't wait for next month's issue due to the cliffhanger endings. To me, childlike anticipation never grows old.

Check out this article on Black Panther's after party scenes (SPOILER ALERT): https://www.gamespot.com/articles/bl...=1518940985114

I missed some of the reveals in the video when watching the movie. By the way, for me, the movie lived up to the hype and I was afraid that the hype would doom it for me. Dean Richards hyped this to through the roof.

Last edited by Jbug; 02-18-2018 at 07:02 PM.
Old 02-18-2018, 06:56 PM   #87

Sep 2014
California
Thumbs up Black Panther 3D

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Cool. Glad you enjoyed the 3D and the film. I agree that the 3D amped up more in the 2nd half especially. The conversion team did a great job overall. Stereo D did the 3D conversion from what I see.
The credits showed both Stereo D & Legend 3D worked on this film.

Quote:
The movie had quite a few expanded IMAX scenes. My best bet is that they will be included in the 3D blu ray just like the rest of the Marvel 3D movies that had them have. It's definitely worth watching in IMAX 3D if that's your kind of thing.....it is for me anyways lol. I just wish more of our 3D forum members would actively go to the theater and support 3D releases. If no one's going to see them in the theater the next step for them is to not release them on 3D blu ray.
I have seen this movie a few times already , the only way i recommend watching this is in IMAX 3D...... when watching it , It feels like at least 50% of the movie is in the Full screen format.

Spend the extra money and watch this in IMAX 3D.... it is worth it this time !

Thanks given by:
NVllyRnnr (02-19-2018), robtadrian (02-19-2018), Zivouhr (02-18-2018)
Old 02-18-2018, 10:38 PM   #88
Special Member

Dec 2013

Quote:
i'm planning to go this movie in IMAX 3D really soon, another MARVEL film on big screen, i can't wait.
Old 02-18-2018, 10:51 PM   #89
Special Member

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by EVERRET View Post
The credits showed both Stereo D & Legend 3D worked on this film.

I have seen this movie a few times already , the only way i recommend watching this is in IMAX 3D...... when watching it , It feels like at least 50% of the movie is in the Full screen format.

Spend the extra money and watch this in IMAX 3D.... it is worth it this time !

Believe me, it will a be worthwhile IMAX 3D experience for sure, I seen Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 2 in IMAX 3D, and i thought that it was a worthwhile IMAX 3D experience, it was meant to be seen that way, Black Panther is no exception.

It's a shame i'll have to be importing the 3d disc from another country because the 3d disc (with IMAX VAR) won't be included in the U.S. release and especially without the IMAX VAR on the 2d and 4k uhd versions.
Old 02-18-2018, 11:03 PM   #90
Suspended

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Release date for the 3D Blu-ray...June 22nd or earlier, like in May...May 15?
Old 02-18-2018, 11:55 PM   #91
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Black Panther 3D

Domestic Total as of Feb. 18, 2018: $192,023,000 (Estimate)
Distributor: Buena Vista Release Date: February 16, 2018
Genre: Action / Adventure Runtime: 2 hrs. 20 min.
MPAA Rating: PG-13 Production Budget: N/A (200 million reported)

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic: $192,023,000 53.2%
+ Foreign: $169,000,000 46.8%
= Worldwide: $361,023,000
Domestic Summary (US)
Opening Weekend: $192,023,000
(#1 rank, 4,020 theaters, $47,767 average)
% of Total Gross: 100.0%
> View All Weekends
Widest Release: 4,020 theaters
In Release: 3 days / 0.4 weeks
boxofficemojo.com

Wow, a lot of audiences went to see Black Panther. My 3D theater was packed when I saw it.
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (02-19-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 12:02 AM   #92
Expert Member

Oct 2011
North Las Vegas

Saw it yesterday, the movie looks great and the 3D is well done. The movie itself is fine but nothing special. The cast do what they can but the script isn't great and the story is blah. It reminds me of Avatar where it looks great but the story is so paint by numbers, you know exactly what is going to happen.

I guess the point is to introduce us to some of the characters we will be seeing in Avengers.

It's fine but I put it at the lower end of the Marvel movies.
Thanks given by:
Rui (02-21-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 12:32 AM   #93
Special Member

Oct 2013
Alabama

Nice movie with medium strong to strong 3D. Marvel is amping up the 3D lately, I like it!

I had a feeling of what the end credits scene would be about, and I was right.

3D trailers...
Jurassic World:Fallen Kingdom~ another top notch production from Spielberg. The 3D looks better the JW~ medium strong to strong
Solo~ A Star Wars Story- this looks better than R1 and possibly as good as or better than TLJ~ medium strong to strong
A Wrinkle in Time~ Tremendous 3D...strong
Antman & The Wasp~ This is gonna be a must see in 3D~ medium strong to strong
Thanks given by:
dogofwar (02-19-2018), nonametofame (02-25-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 12:46 AM   #94
Expert Member

Oct 2011
North Las Vegas

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hardkore View Post
Antman & The Wasp~ This is gonna be a must see in 3D~ medium strong to strong
This is looked terrific!!! Very excited for this one.
Old 02-19-2018, 12:52 AM   #95
Suspended

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

If 3D keeps getting better and better, and the 3D theaters keep rolling, it would be a financial disaster for 3D TV manufacturers to not include this feature in their next TVs. Plus the financial disaster from the Hollywood movie studios to not release 3D Blu-ray movies in North America, including 3D Dolby Atmos audio with them.

4K UHD and HDR10 and Dolby Vision and OLED and Dolby Atmos are technologically awesome, totally immersing dynamically from the whitest whites to the blackest blacks, almost 3-dimensional with the depth of the expended color gamut. It's just that with 3D you are more in the movies, more there, everywhere, with the actors in their environment and the flow, the action flow of the 3D movie magic.

Art is 3D, cinema art is 3D, motion pictures in 3D is art...even moving photographs in 3D on an iPad.

Last edited by LordoftheRings; 02-19-2018 at 01:13 AM.
Thanks given by:
DarrinG (02-24-2018), Rxpsgr (02-19-2018), Zivouhr (02-21-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 01:11 AM   #96
Special Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mredman View Post
I didn't notice any of those scenes. But I wasn't really looking for IMAX footage while I was watching.
Old 02-19-2018, 09:31 AM   #97
Blu-ray Duke

Apr 2011
England

This will be a blind buy for sure.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (02-21-2018)
Old 02-19-2018, 09:38 AM   #98
Blu-ray Count

Jun 2011
Dryland

Quote:
No matter what movie I'm watching be it at home or in the theater I always stay all the way until the credits stop rolling. Been doing that ever since I somehow accidentally did it while watching Lethal Weapon 2 and there was an Easter Egg at the end. There's nothing like that feeling when the theater has emptied out and you're the last one in there and a bonus scene pops up at the end.
Really, theres nothing like that feeling? Nothing?!

I'll wait for the blu then I can skip the lengthy credits.
Old 02-20-2018, 10:55 PM   #99

May 2006

Well now that the last jedi announcement came, and the black panther 3D bluray preorder is available through Amazon UK, I'm gonna go ahead and preorder BP. I had a small ounce of hope that there would be a 3D US release of last jedi (even though I preordered that movie from Amazon UK just in case) but now I'm thinking that as far as Disney is concerned, importing is the only way to obtain their movies in 3D.

It's a bummer because while watching last jedi we saw the infinity war trailer in 3D and the depth was really good.

Anyways enough rambling... the preorder is available for Black Panther through Amazon UK for those of us in the US who want to import.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (02-21-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 03:06 AM   #100
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
Washington state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derekforeals View Post
Well now that the last jedi announcement came, and the black panther 3D bluray preorder is available through Amazon UK, I'm gonna go ahead and preorder BP. I had a small ounce of hope that there would be a 3D US release of last jedi (even though I preordered that movie from Amazon UK just in case) but now I'm thinking that as far as Disney is concerned, importing is the only way to obtain their movies in 3D.

It's a bummer because while watching last jedi we saw the infinity war trailer in 3D and the depth was really good.

Anyways enough rambling... the preorder is available for Black Panther through Amazon UK for those of us in the US who want to import.
Preorders have been available since February 13th. Here’s some purchase links again.

***edit***

I added an HMV link for the UK forum members....I usually only post links if they can deliver globally so keep in mind they don't.

Zavvi 3D steelbook

Zavvi 3D blu ray

Amazon 3D blu ray

HMV

Last edited by reewinder; 02-21-2018 at 07:52 AM.
Thanks given by:
Derekforeals (02-21-2018), Zivouhr (02-21-2018)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies