Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.22

$14.99

Ready Player One 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.12

X-Men: Apocalypse 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Miss Peregrine's Home for Peculiar Children 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Independence Day: Resurgence 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Assassin's Creed 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Maze 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.72

Arthur Christmas 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.12

Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Everest 3D (Blu-ray)
$13.18

The Wolverine 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 02-21-2018, 05:50 AM   #101
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by LordoftheRings View Post
If 3D keeps getting better and better, and the 3D theaters keep rolling, it would be a financial disaster for 3D TV manufacturers to not include this feature in their next TVs. Plus the financial disaster from the Hollywood movie studios to not release 3D Blu-ray movies in North America, including 3D Dolby Atmos audio with them.

4K UHD and HDR10 and Dolby Vision and OLED and Dolby Atmos are technologically awesome, totally immersing dynamically from the whitest whites to the blackest blacks, almost 3-dimensional with the depth of the expended color gamut. It's just that with 3D you are more in the movies, more there, everywhere, with the actors in their environment and the flow, the action flow of the 3D movie magic.

Art is 3D, cinema art is 3D, motion pictures in 3D is art...even moving photographs in 3D on an iPad.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fy8D...ature=youtu.be
Nicely said, Lord of the Rings. And bring back the 3D option for 4K TVs since UHD players can play blu ray 3Ds.
Off topic, but we'll find out later this year if glasses free 3DTVs finally hit the market after a lot of speculation.

On topic, looking forward to seeing this in 3D again. Marvel has been hitting the 3D out of the park lately with GOTG2, Thor 3 3D, and now Black Panther 3D among others. Awesome source for 3D entertainment. Now they just need to get Disney to let them bring back the US blu ray 3D releases again.
Thanks given by:
DarrinG (02-24-2018)
Old 02-21-2018, 03:47 PM   #102
Expert Member

Jul 2009

If Paramount were still putting out their movies, they probably would come out on disc in 3D here.
Old 02-22-2018, 05:35 AM   #103
Special Member

Mar 2010
Portishead ♫

Wow, Black Panther is not poor: https://www.gobankingrates.com/net-w...roes-villians/

It should be marvelous in 3D.
Old 02-22-2018, 02:00 PM   #104
Special Member

Nov 2014

I caught a 3D Imax screening earlier in the week. Decent movie with some interesting ideas and reliable 3D presentation.

There were one or two moments of extreme depth at critical points in the story, where the depth was so strong it felt like the back of the screen fell away and we were watching on something far larger than Imax. Impressive.

There were also noticeable, deliberate pop-outs, including one, that I felt really went beyond the point where you can comfortably converge on it. A total rarity in modern 3d.

The actor portraying the title character, Chadwick Boseman exhuded a Nelson Mandela-like charisma and delivered an absolute standout performance. He really sold the character and that universe to such an extent that I was prepared to overlook other aspects of the film and just go along with it. The movie itself is fairly typical Marvel standard, which is not a bad thing, but the setting and characters brought a whole new dynamic and freshness to it.
Thanks given by:
carlfab (02-24-2018), robtadrian (03-11-2018), the13thman (02-22-2018), Zivouhr (02-24-2018)
Old 02-22-2018, 02:35 PM   #105

Nov 2017

There are pre-orders for a 100 copy edition 4k/3d/2d Steelbook ($79) and 100 copy edition 4k/3d/2d regular package ($59) from India on ebay now. Prices aren't cheap. You might be just as well off buying both 4k and 3d editions from someone else than one of these, but none the less they're up. I'll admit the steelbook artwork is cool even though I don't buy them, someone might like how this edition looks
Old 02-23-2018, 05:16 AM   #106
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Placed my order with Best Buy though they too have no release date.

Rahul has it for late March, however, with so many other titles being moved back, felt it would be the same with this.

Looking forward to it!
Old 02-23-2018, 06:38 AM   #107
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
Washington state

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joe D. View Post

Rahul has it for late March, however, with so many other titles being moved back, felt it would be the same with this.

Looking forward to it!
Best Buy won't have Black Panther in 3D.
Old 02-23-2018, 09:50 AM   #108

Jul 2017
Los Angeles Ca

Nope^^^^! Just put a pre order steelbook from Zavvi along with last Jedi.
Old 02-24-2018, 02:09 AM   #109
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdimensional View Post
I caught a 3D Imax screening earlier in the week. Decent movie with some interesting ideas and reliable 3D presentation.

There were one or two moments of extreme depth at critical points in the story, where the depth was so strong it felt like the back of the screen fell away and we were watching on something far larger than Imax. Impressive.

There were also noticeable, deliberate pop-outs, including one, that I felt really went beyond the point where you can comfortably converge on it. A total rarity in modern 3d.

The actor portraying the title character, Chadwick Boseman exhuded a Nelson Mandela-like charisma and delivered an absolute standout performance. He really sold the character and that universe to such an extent that I was prepared to overlook other aspects of the film and just go along with it. The movie itself is fairly typical Marvel standard, which is not a bad thing, but the setting and characters brought a whole new dynamic and freshness to it.
Nice 3D review, Interdimensional. It's nice to see them push the 3D in those stand out shots.

Quote:

Looking forward to it!
Joe, Which 3D movie did you pre order with Best Buy? That would be cool if Black Panther 3D was offered, though I didn't see it there yet.

Quote:
Originally Posted by reewinder View Post
Best Buy won't have Black Panther in 3D.
Thanks. I also have my doubts with Disney's restrictive approach with US blu ray 3D lately.
Thanks given by:
Interdimensional (03-12-2018)
Old 02-24-2018, 04:28 AM   #110
Special Member

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Nice 3D review, Interdimensional. It's nice to see them push the 3D in those stand out shots.

Joe, Which 3D movie did you pre order with Best Buy? That would be cool if Black Panther 3D was offered, though I didn't see it there yet.

Thanks. I also have my doubts with Disney's restrictive approach with US blu ray 3D lately.
I don't think it's gonna get a blu ray 3d release in the U.S. either.

the 3d disc is gonna available in other countries, just not the U.S. sadly.

it looks like i won't be able this movie to see in IMAX 3D, so i'm gonna wait til it comes out on disc.
Old 02-24-2018, 05:46 AM   #111
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Hi guys

Major goof on my part and I apologize. Did a search engine for Black Panther 3D bluray and best buy came up with pre order. That it said release date not known, didn't notice 3D was not mentioned along with 4K, etc.

Cancelled order and placed one with Rahul. Sorry that I got some hopes up high but guess brain becomes more mush with retirement.
Old 02-24-2018, 06:14 PM   #112
Blu-ray Duke

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biss Skyler Bluray View Post
I don't think it's gonna get a blu ray 3d release in the U.S. either.

the 3d disc is gonna available in other countries, just not the U.S. sadly.

it looks like i won't be able this movie to see in IMAX 3D, so i'm gonna wait til it comes out on disc.
Thanks.
You may be right based on the current trend of Disney not concerned about blu ray 3D in the US. Again. It seems to happen whenever they make a major financial deal. First time around 2012 when they bought Star Wars (and Marvel prior) for about 4 billion or so, and now when they buy Fox in 2017 for about 52 billion US dollars. With those deals, it seems they tighten their budget and drop US 3D blu ray support. The lack of new 3DTVs didn't help either. Hopefully that will change soon to stay positive.

It's awesome that the UK and other countries have enough blu ray 3D fans to keep it going.

Quote:
Hi guys

Major goof on my part and I apologize. Did a search engine for Black Panther 3D bluray and best buy came up with pre order. That it said release date not known, didn't notice 3D was not mentioned along with 4K, etc.

Cancelled order and placed one with Rahul. Sorry that I got some hopes up high but guess brain becomes more mush with retirement.
No big deal. Best Buy is oftentimes inaccurate with their postings, from non release listings of Easy Rider 3D to RE Final Chapter 3D, Star Wars Episode I 3D, and Underworld Blood Wars 3D, among other errors over the years.
Thanks given by:
Joe D. (02-25-2018)
Old 02-25-2018, 03:29 AM   #113
Special Member

Jun 2014
St. Peters, MO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Interdimensional View Post

I saw this tonight and was not as impressed. Fortunately, as a movie, it was pretty good though I could have done without the "down for the struggle" crap. There were some moments of extreme depth that were appreciated but I failed to notice any, other than the mildest, pop-outs. The first 20 minutes or so had very low contrast which was off-putting but that eventually got better. There were also some moments of ghosting in the lab/med sets.

This was not as good as Guardians II, Thor III, or Dr. Strange 3d wise IMO, but opinions will vary.
Old 02-25-2018, 03:49 AM   #114
Special Member

Jan 2010

Is the Zavvi version Region Free? Why does it say "This page can't be found.
It's either been removed from this location, or the URL is wrong.
We've recorded this error to help us improve the site" when I switch the country to US?
Old 02-25-2018, 04:11 AM   #115
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2017
Washington state

Quote:
Originally Posted by tehill View Post
Is the Zavvi version Region Free? Why does it say "This page can't be found.
It's either been removed from this location, or the URL is wrong.
We've recorded this error to help us improve the site" when I switch the country to US?
Don't go to the Zavvi US site. They don't have a good deal of the stuff that's on the UK site. Make sure you are looking at the UK site. And yes the Zavvi/UK will be region free.
Thanks given by:
TheScottyLee (03-13-2018)
Old 03-03-2018, 06:57 PM   #116
Power Member

Aug 2013
Midlothian, TX (Suburb of Dallas)

I pre-ordered through Zavvi unfortunately but had a question related to Joe:

Is India the ounce country getting a 4K + 3D Steelbook? I’d prefer the combo but often find the India products slightly inferior in the packaging department. Any other country offering this combo that I missed?
Old 03-03-2018, 09:07 PM   #117
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy1978 View Post

Is India the ounce country getting a 4K + 3D Steelbook? Id prefer the combo but often find the India products slightly inferior in the packaging department. Any other country offering this combo that I missed?
Hi Shaggy,

I don't see these offered at least in region A by other vendors in eBay. Guess the best way to find out is to do a search on eBay and see what shows up.

How we doing otherwise my buddy?
Old 03-04-2018, 02:06 AM   #118
Power Member

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by Shaggy1978 View Post

Is India the ounce country getting a 4K + 3D Steelbook? I’d prefer the combo but often find the India products slightly inferior in the packaging department. Any other country offering this combo that I missed?
not only that, most of the time the audio gets the shaft as well.
Old 03-04-2018, 03:30 AM   #119
Special Member

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
not only that, most of the time the audio gets the shaft as well.
the reason why i avoided importing The Finest Hours from India and Brazil, went for the Japanese release instead because i wanted the English audio in lossless form.
Old 03-04-2018, 10:46 AM   #120

Nov 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biss Skyler Bluray View Post
the reason why i avoided importing The Finest Hours from India and Brazil, went for the Japanese release instead because i wanted the English audio in lossless form.
I wanted the japanese release to for that reason but the price was more than double of what the other ones cost. Given. Chance at a good price I will get the japanese edition.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies