Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.96

Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.46

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
20 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.75

Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Geostorm 3D (Blu-ray)
$23.96

Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.44

The Great Gatsby 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.99

Man of Steel Limited Collector's Edition (Blu-ray)
$15.99
1 hr ago
Sangaree 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 11-01-2010, 09:27 PM   #41
Power Member

Mar 2005
Thumbs up

looking at the list of up comming 3d I definatly will buy them!!!!
Old 11-01-2010, 09:28 PM   #42
Power Member

Mar 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteelCity86 View Post
Just noticed that BestBuy.com has Resident Evil Afterlife set for release on Blu Ray 3d Dec. 28th 2010!!!!!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!! lol
alright
Old 11-01-2010, 09:31 PM   #43
Power Member

Mar 2005

Quote:
Just noticed that BestBuy.com has Resident Evil Afterlife set for release on Blu Ray 3d Dec. 28th 2010!!!!!!!!!!! Wahoo!!!!!! lol
alright got my christmas wish made out
Old 11-01-2010, 09:58 PM   #44

Oct 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by DragosC View Post

That links only tells us the info we already had, that the Shrek movies will be Samsung exclusives and that Samsung has not decided how to distribute them. Unless you meant tio post a different link...
Old 11-01-2010, 10:38 PM   #45

Sep 2010

Resident Evil 3D is the only up coming movie i am interested in purchasing.
Hopefully they will take their time and make this a great 3D Blu ray.
Old 11-02-2010, 08:12 PM   #46

Oct 2010
South Carolina

Quote:
That links only tells us the info we already had, that the Shrek movies will be Samsung exclusives and that Samsung has not decided how to distribute them. Unless you meant tio post a different link...
Found This..

http://www.avsforum.com/avs-vb/showt...php?p=19420625
50' Series 7 Samsung Plasma 3D TV
Samsung BD-C6900 3D Blu-ray player
Onkyo TX-SR608 7.2 3D Receiver
Onkyo SKS-HT870 7.1 Home Theatre Speaker Package
Old 11-08-2010, 09:38 AM   #47

Oct 2010

hi ,
Well I am fond of watching movies and glad to know about these listings..
Old 11-12-2010, 02:40 PM   #48
Banned

Nov 2010

Does anyone know where to get the mitsubishi 3d demo disc? I got the starter pack and all I got was the disney one. I read on here that theres a demo disc with Tron Avatar and other 3d trailers on it.
Old 11-12-2010, 05:58 PM   #49
Power Member

Aug 2007

There was a film from 1981 called "Comin' At Ya", it was a western in 3D and while the IMDB score is low, I really enjoyed it. Of course this was during the period of the Friday the 13th part 3 in 3D and Jaws 3D era (2 others we might see). So you might want to add those to the list. But thanks for making up that list, quite exciting if we get alot of those, I would love the classics like Kiss Me Kate and Dial M for Muder and House of Wax.

Speaking of House of Wax, all DVD versions have been mono, yet I have a 3D poster that actually says 3D stereophonic sound on it, so hopefully when they re-do it, it will be stereo this time.

Last edited by Robert Siegel; 11-17-2010 at 02:35 PM.
Old 11-16-2010, 07:34 PM   #50
Expert Member

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntwister View Post
There was a film from 1981 called "Comin' At Ya", it was a western in 3D and while the IMDB score is low, I really enjoyed it. Of course this was during the period of the Friday the 13th part 3 in 3D and Jaws 3D era (2 mother we might see). So you might want to add those to the list. But thanks for makinh up that list, quite exciting if we get alot of those, I would love the classics like Kiss Me Kate and Dial M for Muder and House of Wax.

Speaking of House of Wax, all DVD versions have been mono, yet I have a 3D poster that actually says 3D stereophonic sound on it, so hopefully when they re-do it, it will be stereo this time.
I believe the original multi-channel tracks to House of Wax are considered lost. Some tv showings and home video releases featured re-mixed pseudo-stereo audio.
Old 11-16-2010, 10:18 PM   #51
Blu-ray Samurai

Jan 2009
Europe, Portugal Blu-ray SteelBook™: 514 3D_Blu-ray: 100

Street Dance 3D already released in France (thanks to Owendarko info)
Old 11-17-2010, 02:29 PM   #52
Power Member

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesN View Post
I believe the original multi-channel tracks to House of Wax are considered lost. Some tv showings and home video releases featured re-mixed pseudo-stereo audio.
I saw a reissue in the 80's in Minneapolis and it had 4 track stereo sound along with the 3D. I distinctly remember the sounds moving around and score..it was actual directional sound, but maybe it was just altered for the release..it was better than pseudo....I seem to remember the score in stereo though (horns in right, violins in left, ect).....so it's a shame they might have lost it since then. Then again, maybe it was some type of pseudo stereo.

Last edited by Robert Siegel; 11-17-2010 at 02:32 PM.
Old 11-17-2010, 02:38 PM   #53
Power Member

Aug 2007

Since then can go back and do Star Wars and Titanic, how cool would it be to see films like The Wizard of Oz, Gone with the Wind, Ben Hur, The Ten Commandments and The Sound of Music in 3D? I think this is going to become a reality. The studios are always looking for new ways to market their movies and re-sell them. I just think they will be very choosy which ones (for instance, the ones I named would all be stunning with their excellent cinematography).

While I was never a fan of colorization, I am however a fan of coverting older classics to 3D if they do it right. I can just imagine that opening scene of The Sound of Music, or the Red Sea parting in Ten Commandments......wooo hoooo!
Old 11-17-2010, 04:44 PM   #54
Expert Member

Jan 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by mntwister View Post
I saw a reissue in the 80's in Minneapolis and it had 4 track stereo sound along with the 3D. I distinctly remember the sounds moving around and score..it was actual directional sound, but maybe it was just altered for the release..it was better than pseudo....I seem to remember the score in stereo though (horns in right, violins in left, ect).....so it's a shame they might have lost it since then. Then again, maybe it was some type of pseudo stereo.
When I saw House of Wax at the World 3D Expo at the Egyptian in Hollywood in 2003 the audio was mono, and the festival organizers told us (the audience) that the original multi-track audio was considered lost.

I have heard other claims that it is specifically the original stereo front channels that are lost, but the overall mono mix, the (mono) surround track, and the isolated score survive. If true, this would explain how the showing you attended featured stereoscopic music and directional effects.

I'm no insider and I'm just reiterating what I have heard over the years. I'm sure someone like Robert Harris would know the facts.

Other titles at the festival, happily, were presented in multi-channel audio, such as Kiss Me Kate (stereophonic) and It Came from Outer Space (a recreation of the original Perspecta "3 channel" mix). Both sounded awesome.

p.s. I enjoy your column at The Bits!
Old 11-18-2010, 04:53 AM   #55
Power Member

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by JamesN View Post
When I saw House of Wax at the World 3D Expo at the Egyptian in Hollywood in 2003 the audio was mono, and the festival organizers told us (the audience) that the original multi-track audio was considered lost.Other titles at the festival, happily, were presented in multi-channel audio, such as Kiss Me Kate (stereophonic) and It Came from Outer Space (a recreation of the original Perspecta "3 channel" mix). Both sounded awesome.

p.s. I enjoy your column at The Bits!

Thanks James, I try to do my best on those columns. I am starting up again after a year break so look for a huge column on South Pacific (which didn't post last year) followed by a 2 or 3 part Sound of Music column which will be very extensive and contain some materials (including some on the set photos) which are nowhere to be seen in books or video releases of the movie. I am hoping to include an interview with the restoration team. From there I hope to cover Chitty, Kwai and keep current on classics being restored.
Old 11-20-2010, 12:12 AM   #56

Nov 2010
Dromana, Vic, Australia

I just ordered the 3D Blu-Ray of Joe Dante's "THE HOLE in 3D" from Italy.

It won the best 3D film of the year award at the Venice Film Festival last year.
It looks as if it was actually shot in native 3D.
Old 11-20-2010, 06:15 PM   #57

Oct 2010
Send a message via MSN to RHellgren

3D Magic Forest seems to be missing from the list. Allthough I can´t seem to find an official trailer either.
Old 11-26-2010, 11:00 AM   #58

Mar 2010
Default Few titles

Found a few titles posted on the AVS-forum that aren't mentioned here - managed to find trailers for them all. Interesting that they all have an aquatic theme:

1. Dolphins & Whales 3D

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Dolphins-Wha.../dp/B004C9MBX4
Trailer: http://www.dolphinsandwhales3d.com/

2. Ocean Wonderland 3D

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Ocean-Wonder.../dp/B004C9MBRA
Trailer: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fMx2I9hCrb8/

3. Deep Ocean Experience 3D

Amazon UK: http://www.amazon.co.uk/Deep-Ocean-E.../dp/B004CDSTKY
Trailer: http://www.deepoceanexperience.com/
Old 12-14-2010, 03:46 PM   #59
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2008

The digitalbits already has French cover art for Tangled and Tron Legacy on 3D combo pack. Hopefully this means Toy Story 3 was Disneys last 3D title to get a 2D only Blu-Ray release.
3D: Cause two eyes are better then one
Deleting posts is like burning books
Old 12-15-2010, 06:20 AM   #60
Power Member

Aug 2007

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jimmy Smith View Post
The digitalbits already has French cover art for Tangled and Tron Legacy on 3D combo pack. Hopefully this means Toy Story 3 was Disneys last 3D title to get a 2D only Blu-Ray release.
I have the feeling we will see ToyStory 1-3 announced soon in 3D. This is getting very exciting, all of the movies to come:-)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies