Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.96

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99
9 hrs ago
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$7.95

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.79

Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.44

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.71

Fascination Coral Reef 3D: Mysterious Worlds Underwater (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Nurse 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Old 10-10-2012, 09:29 AM   #81
Blu-ray Samurai

Mar 2010
India

Hotel Transylvania

3D Trailer:

JVC DLA-x550 Projector | 140 Inch Matte White Screen | Polk 7.1.2 Atmos System: TSi 300, CS20, DSW500 sub, OWM5 rear heights| Marantz sr6011 receiver
OPPO UDP-203 | Sennheiser RS 175 Wireless Headphones
LG 55inch Passive 3D TV | Sony HTiB 5.1 | Apple TV 3 | Apple Airport Express |
Philips Hue mood lighting
Old 10-14-2012, 06:27 AM   #82
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill Rainberg View Post
Oz The Great and Powerful - Looks really good!

Silent Hill 3D - Really good again!
I have been waiting for these trailers to reach YouTube, and both exceeded my expectations. Great 3D. Thanks for posting them.
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, LG BP550, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones
Old 10-14-2012, 07:03 AM   #83
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Pixar has stated that their goal is to create 3D that doesn't distract from the characters or story. By default they have a conservative approach that sort of limits them from creating the wondrous, immersive 3D that takes you on a ride or transports your imagination to a different world. To me, their work always looks nice, but they'll never do anything great with 3D until they change their goals to incorporate 3D into their story-telling beyond just increasing depth for token emotional scenes.

We'll see what happens with their future movies though. Both Pixar and DreamWorks seem to be stepping up their 3D lately in response to the average 3D-apathetic theater go-er. DreamWorks' 3D still aligns much closer with my tastes, and so does 3D from other studios like Disney Animation, Blue Sky, and nWave Pictures.
Well said.
You're right, certain 3D companies have conservative goals, so that holds them back. Their view that 3D can possibly get in the way is sort of like saying seeing in three dimensions gets in the way of the story of daily life.

I wish the conservative 3D studios took notes from Open Season 3D, Sammy and Kung Fu Panda 2 more often. I haven't seen Blue Sky's Ice Age movies in 3D yet.

Quote:

Dial M for Murder 3D Blu-Ray clip

Nice. Thanks for posting these. Oz I haven't seen yet for 3D but looks promising. Silent Hill 3D is looking awesome for the 3D. October 26th, 2012. Thanks for also posting Dial M for Murder 3D. Nice.

Here's a 3D trailer for an independent 3D film "Gnome in the Haunted Castle" I'd like to get some more feedback on for the 3D, if it's okay. Thanks.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 10-14-2012, 04:53 PM   #84
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
Here's a 3D trailer for an independent 3D film "Gnome in the Haunted Castle" I'd like to get some more feedback on for the 3D, if it's okay. Thanks.
EDIT - Moved feedback to your main thread.

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread...62#post6608362
Vizio E3D420VX 3DTV, LG BP550, 160GB PS3, Onkyo HT-S3500 5.1 Home Theater, Sony MDR-DS7500 7.1 Headphones

Last edited by BleedOrange11; 10-14-2012 at 07:18 PM.
Old 10-14-2012, 07:18 PM   #85
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
The 3D in your trailer is incredibly strong and feels like theme park 3D with high convergence settings and extreme pop-outs. Nicely done! I had fun trying to poke a few of the pop-outs and watching the gnome scurry about through the castle. Seems like a silly fun adventure that takes the viewer on a 3D ride. I genuinely enjoyed it, and I hope you continue to make more even though I am going to focus on the negatives since you are asking for feedback.

There were two issues that I have with the 3D trailer. First, the 3D causes a bit of eyestrain for me. Second, there are some inconsistencies related to hyperstereo.
Thanks for the helpful feedback BleedOrange. This being the first 3D effort, I want to be sure I correct any oversights next round, so your advice is much appreciated, also considering your experience with 3D IMO.

The goal was strong 3D, as I sat about 4 foot away and used a 46" to check progress. I agree, the ground, when the cameras are too low, show too much distance between the two cameras, and for the window violations, the software I have to edit 3D with is limited in that it can't keyframe multiple shots in the same mov file, so keeping the convergence more consistent is important.
Next film I think I'll pull the 3D down a notch for better control, taking cues from Kung Fu Panda 2's 3D as example (and Open Season 3D). There also won't be such a tiny character so that will help also.

Thanks again Bleed Orange.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Old 10-15-2012, 02:44 AM   #86
Special Member

Jun 2010
CA

Quote:

Dial M for Murder 3D Blu-Ray clip

FINALLY!!!! Been waiting forever for the 3d trailer for Silent Hill!!!!

Gonna watch all these right now!

*edit* the 3d in all 3 looks great!

Last edited by mseeley; 10-15-2012 at 03:03 AM.
Old 10-15-2012, 02:55 AM   #87
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Oz 3D, although it's text is another language on the preview, has some good 3D and I'll check it out next year. Sam Raimi is the director, the guy who did the first 3 Spiderman's, and Evil Dead series.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:12 AM   #88
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

Thank you Billl Rainberg for posting these trailers. Preciate it.
Old 10-15-2012, 11:13 AM   #89
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by srinivas1015 View Post
Thanks srinivas for posting this trailer. Been wanting to see this one.
Old 10-16-2012, 01:35 AM   #90

Aug 2012
Chattanooga, TN

Just out of curiosity, does anyone happen to know if the DTS 3D clip that is shown in movie theaters is available for download anywhere? It's an animated clip that shows a dog playing with a mechanical ball and it's shown before the movie starts and it just looks awesome in 3D. I hope you guys know what I'm talking about. I just think it would be awesome to have.
Mitsubishi 3D DLP - WD-65737
Onkyo A/V Receiver - TX-NR709 7.2 Network Receiver
Left/Right Speakers - Polk Audio LSi 15
Rear Speakers - Polk Audio RTi A3
Center Speaker - Polk Audio CSi A4
Subwoofer - Polk Audio PSW 505

Last edited by Kryptonian Warrior; 10-16-2012 at 01:38 AM.
Old 10-16-2012, 02:43 AM   #91

Oct 2012
Default Found it!

Old 10-16-2012, 02:55 AM   #92

Aug 2012
Chattanooga, TN

Quote:
Originally Posted by cryvksr View Post
Ah that's right, it's RealD!. Thank you SO much!
Mitsubishi 3D DLP - WD-65737
Onkyo A/V Receiver - TX-NR709 7.2 Network Receiver
Left/Right Speakers - Polk Audio LSi 15
Rear Speakers - Polk Audio RTi A3
Center Speaker - Polk Audio CSi A4
Subwoofer - Polk Audio PSW 505
Old 10-27-2012, 01:28 PM   #93
Special Member

Feb 2009
England, UK
Default 3D Trailers

Hey, I just got my 3D TV on Friday, and while I do have a few 3D Blu-rays (Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Tangled, Tron: Legacy and Beauty and the Beast), I was wondering if there is a way I can watch 3D content such as trailers or excerpts from other films in 3D on my TV?
Old 10-27-2012, 03:55 PM   #94
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
I've never been able to see 3D cross-eyed. I usually just rip YouTube trailers from my computer to a flashdrive and watch them on my 3DTV via my PS3. My TV's YouTube app is a little slow, but that works too.
Give this a try if you like:

How to View Side by Side 3D with only your eyes:

The best way is to start small with one picture instead of 2. Stare at it for awhile at the right distance, until your eyes begin to relax and the single image gives way to two images (double image). Once you know how to do that consistently, you can move on to two side by side images, and watch them merge into one (a middle image with duplicates on both sides). The merged image will blend to make the 3D pop.

It can look good, but the smaller size limits the effect of the 3D, though there isn't any "ghosting". The advantage is, you can watch it on your screen without a 3DTV if you sit far back enough, or they're small enough in size horizontally.
Old 10-27-2012, 04:02 PM   #95
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by oat-a-bix View Post
Hey, I just got my 3D TV on Friday, and while I do have a few 3D Blu-rays (Transformers: Dark of the Moon, Tangled, Tron: Legacy and Beauty and the Beast), I was wondering if there is a way I can watch 3D content such as trailers or excerpts from other films in 3D on my TV?
Cool. Congratulations on your new 3DTV. Beauty and the Beast 3D looks great among the ones you've listed, then Transformers, then Tron 3D last for the 3D layers.

Avatar 3D, Hugo 3D, Journey to the Center of the Earth 1 3D are top examples of THE best 3D movies. Imax 3D also looks strong.

Here's the link with a lot of new trailers: Youtube.com

https://forum.blu-ray.com/showthread.php?t=198800
Old 11-10-2012, 03:32 PM   #96

Aug 2012
Default Why do we not get 3d trailers anymore?

Every movie i have bought recently has no trailers on the 3d disc, why is this? not enough movies to preview? i doubt that space is the reason....
Old 11-10-2012, 06:24 PM   #97
Special Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jack_Ryder_2012 View Post
Every movie i have bought recently has no trailers on the 3d disc, why is this? not enough movies to preview? i doubt that space is the reason....
Like what? It depends on the studio. I have noticed no shortage. Fox,Sony & Disney seem to do it most.
Old 11-10-2012, 07:15 PM   #98

Aug 2012

Transformers, Abe lincoln, The avengers, captain america, prometheus, pirahna 3dd, i dont remember if priest had any

The only ones that have had them where underworld awakening, resident evil afterlife and ghost rider
Old 11-10-2012, 07:28 PM   #99
Special Member

Apr 2012

Quote:
Transformers, Abe lincoln, The avengers, captain america, prometheus, pirahna 3dd, i dont remember if priest had any

The only ones that have had them where underworld awakening, resident evil afterlife and ghost rider
The last 3 are sony titles, 3 of your ones without are paramount, one a small independent company and Im suprised with Prometheus, that is fox and i was sure it has a continue your 3D journey link, like the other fox titles (I Robot)..
Old 11-10-2012, 08:39 PM   #100
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA
Thumbs up

Quote:
Here's the thing I noticed. Most movies, unlike back in the day, no longer include the trailer for the movie on the disc. If they do include 3D previews, it's for other movies, which is good, but sometimes the only way to get the trailer is to find it by luck on another film.

The trailer for Blade I was great, and thankfully was on the New Line Cinema release. That is a rare thing these days. I'm glad you brought this point up.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion

Tags
3d movie, 3d pictures, 3d screenshots, 3d trailers, lossless, movie screenshots, movie trailers, trailer