Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
8 hrs ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.99
20 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.00

Ghost in the Shell 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.98

Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.75

Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99

G-Force 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.44

Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
21 hrs ago
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.59

Yogi Bear 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.00

Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$16.74

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Old 03-30-2016, 08:28 PM   #21
Banned

Oct 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Candyland View Post
The reason it happens because the system is overheated. Just place a small fan behind the monitor and it should prevent that black screen problem. I've bought mine three years ago and it works perfectly fine.
I've been using this strategy for the last couple of days and so far the screen hasn't gone black.
Thanks given by:
Candyland (03-31-2016)
Old 08-03-2019, 12:28 AM   #22

Mar 2017
Default My Playstaiton 3D TV model s not in database.

`I could have sworn that the most popular model of 3D"TV" of all time is the Playstation 3D Display. I looked at the ranking of 13 pagesm ,in raniked order, but All i see are pictures of TVs, Then I typed the specific model number, CECH-ZED1U and it appears as "not found" in the list of TV rankings.

I know technically it's a a monitor becuase it has no NTSC or ATCS tuner built in, (and in many nations, like last time I heard about this issue, Canada, the "Tuner Tax" funds Candaian Broadcast TV, that's why enough Candians who either don't like Canadian broadcast programming and watch Canadian Cable/Satellite/Web TV only will buy a monitor... just to avoid the Tuner Tax, that's a VERYn important disctinction. So much so that now I hear Large screens have optional tuners that are add ons, and these models are sold to Cable/Satellite/Web Tv only people.)

But even while there's no Tuner Tax in the US, it was sold out most of the time, because it was the cheapest option compared to throwing away a perfectly good TV just to replace it for 3D. And a good option to boot 1080p was unheard of in 24 inch monitors, and so was 240 Hz. Since there was no Sega Master System-like option to turn any 2D TV into a shutter based 3D TV, the combined cheapest and most advanced option for those who actively sought 3D as the main desire, and thought large screen size was a sacrificial lamb , or even a more desirable thing to have smaller, for a second TV, was the PS3DTV.

It was and still is a great 3DTV. I never watched 3D TV on it, but for 3D Blu Rays, and a few PS3, Xbox 360 Indie games and one mainstream 360 Game (Sonic Generations) the 3D looked awesome.

What do you think of that model, and where does it rank if montiors can compete with TVs in a catch-all category called "3D Displays"?
Old 08-03-2019, 12:50 AM   #23

Mar 2017
Default SWuggestions for a Playstaiton 3DTVC replacement... must be low ping and 3D.

My PLaystaiotn 3D Tv still works for me... as long as it's linear media. There are some game's I'd like to get 2 frames back. Stuff I could have blocked in Street Fioghter 2 on the Genssis (and more importantly, the CRT TV) are hard blocks on the PS3DTV. Also if I get a low ping TV wiht my "klower connections" I don't have to use my CRT TV for anything ecxcept light gu games as a necessity,, and once thety find a retro light gun CRT TV substitute, then the only reason to keep the CRTTV is for a high contrast picture on VHS, Beta, and Laser Disc or anything else STRICTLY for the look..

I was considering giving the PS3DTV to the rest of my family as a payment towards a Mac Mini (a Mac computer where you add your own monitor, keyboard and mouse). This is literally the only way to get 3D on a Macintosh (except whatever they call Power Macs now) I'd pay the TV plus maybe $150 + a quarter of the Apple Care price, and I'd get the now-current 10.14 computer as a backup/twithcing computer,

If I do that, then I'[d have to replace my monitor with a 4 ms ping or less, (P.S. is there really any performance enhancement for quicker than 4 ms or 1/4 a 60 Hz frame, timespan for a delay, or is that like the way a lot of people (including me) see the difference between 30Hz and 60Hz, ie too nitpicky of a difference tio notice unless I slow the tape.?) shutter based 3D monitor that doesn't require a computer to get 3D. Most monitors are either 2D, are polar, (remember I grew up being wowed by my friend's Sega Master System 3D, not theatrical 3D movies of the 80s,and the PS3DTV wows me more than the big screen 3D theater. *Plus the 3D cinema sickens my mom.) or say it requires a specific computer device that a Mac cannot use from Nvidia.

So is there basically anything like a PS3DTV, except way lower ping? (even though in 2012, 33 mm was considered VERY GOOD PING for those who cared about gaming then. Now... that's laggy. 4 ms is the new basic gaming standard. 1 ms is the premium non-CRT standard. Is basic, aka 4 ms, enough, or should I go midgrade: 2ms, or high test: 1 ms?),

If so, Id like to hear about it.

Features I'd like but are not a deal breaker: Some way to enter NTSC RF, Composite, S-Video ad Component video in the machine with no extra ping, so therefore it should natively support 240p and 480i, also a maximum resolution of 2160p, and should be able to0 play 24 Hz x 2 eye videos.

I prefer shutters, but could chasnge if comnvinced, and since the other 2 glasses go with the other TV, any tech of shutter sync transmission will do, Infrared, RF, Bluetooth, FM Radio... I understand the Sony PS3DTV glasses models are considered "Universal Shutter Infrared."

I notice interference from the Xbox One Kinect when it's in by default, so something other than Infrared if the Kinect is causing infrared interference. I also have a Turtle Beach X42 to consider for interference.
Old 10-20-2019, 02:33 AM   #24

Mar 2017
Cool The Model T of 3DTVs

I checked the ranks of 3DTVs ( what are the ranks based on, sales, buyer reviews, critics?)

The 3dtv is not listed. but Best Buy says this us the number one 3DTV among those deliberately seeking 3d. B
It's the Playstation 3D Display.
It's in Blu-ray.com 's ranks anywhere.

I timed it perfect. December 2012. That's when 3D envy was dwarfed by 3D hatred. That was the last time a 3D super wad discussed. And 3D Hatets used the weapon of "it would be impossible to watch in 2d.". And it's true, hiw does a rabbit ear user march the Super Bowl when the official ATSC format was side-by-side half. If you don't have a 3D tv, you have to buy a hypothetical 3d-to2d converter, or not watch. If 10 people are at a party, you need 10 pairs of glasses or people will be shut out.

America has an elite early adopter segment, and a very vocal knuckledragger segment. Hence why hdtv requirements were pushed back to 2009. If thr feds didn't have an interest in HDTV succeeding, ie bandwidth sales by fcc, we'd still have an sd/hd system.

There may be some models that sold more than my PS3TV, but most people who bought the more popular models we're buying it because, why not, or for the future, or just in case.

if you first ask someone if they have and really use the 3D TV and they say yeah,. What are the odds that it would be a particular model. I know my model is the PlayStation 3D TV. Probably most people visit the 3D Blu-ray forums know what their TV is. And it's probably even odds that if you're enough of a 3D fan tawana 3dtv specifically it's probably 50-50 chance it's a PlayStation 3D TV.

It's in a class by itself world's cheapest 3D TV when it first started at $500, with its 1080p and 240 hertz festured. In the following three years, when 3D TVs got bigger and better the PlayStation model just stayed the same and got more affordable. That was really flying on the shelf, the point that in 2013 maybe Sony thought they were cannibalizing their big 3DTV market. That's when the bottom fell out.

2012 3D was in 30% of market. How many people who have these 30% of TVs know they have 3D TVs, an actively using a 3D TVs. Some of these owners may have turned into 3D haters.

Ask a typical 3D TV hater what was their TV at the time? Some may not know. Some may not know (or choose not to admit) that their TV was a 3D TV but didn't get used that way. What percentage of PlayStation 3D TV owners sat on the feature and bought it just in case or for the future? The world's too big to say none but probably around 1% at most.

That's why I probably I'd say the PlayStation 3D TV is the Model T of 3D TVs. If you wanted 3D that was the most popular option,. If you had one you probably embrace sweetie. probably most people complaining about lack of 3D movies you have PlayStation 3D TVs. Tell there are hundreds of models but if it gets less than the most popular single model, I'll be surprised. To these people, the small size was not a fault, but a feature. Most professional gamers game close on TVs around 24 inches.

If you bought a TV in 2008 or 2009 big bucks on a Sony XBR Bravia, or similar high-end TV from another maker. You were not going to flush it down the toilet just to get 3D. It still works. When it wears out, we can't add a 3D TV anymore.

People were buying it's a second auxiliary TVs specifically for the 3D feature. If the Super Bowl werr to be broadcast in a truly 2d friendly 3D format,. then the big party room with lots of chairs and the salsa and the dip and the cheese and all the other Super bowls goodies or you go to the bathroom during the game just in time for the commercials that would be the big screen and that would be in too deep. For the few people that want a sample 3D you go in the small room with the PS 3D TV, buy one extra set of glasses up to could watch certain things in 3D.

Before 2012 most people were either 3D hell yeah or 3D guess so. When people found out 3D would ruin 2D casual viewing most of the 3D guess so crowd became 3D hell no.

Besides if it weren't for the hype, probably most people wouldn't watch NFL football in 3D. I heard the same about the world cup (was it 2010 or 2014?) The further lemgth the camera has to capture between itself and the action, the less obvious and stunning the 3d effect. It's not Harry Potter quidditch where you could do nosedives and loopy loops and other three-dimensional moves as part of your play,. The only time height is involved is whether your NFL pass could get over the defender and be reached by your receiver and field goals. That might miss because of height, or in the world cup, shots that goescabove the goalie high enough for him to stop but low enough to get in the goal, or a header interception of a pass.

I think the perfect sport to introduce 3D with would-be miniature golf. But that's another topic.
Thanks given by:
robtadrian (10-20-2019)
Old 10-20-2019, 03:03 AM   #25

Jan 2019
Albuquerque, NM

Old 10-20-2019, 11:37 PM   #26

Mar 2017
Question

So you're saying you agree with me about the PS3DTV, being thr number one TV model for a proud 3D HELL YEAH owner.

Any more popular models at the time had more 3D WHY NOT owners and 3D JUST IN CASE buyers.

I had a comment removed for being too tangential, so I rrposted it in a mire direct way.

Would you say thd PS3DTV is trying he Model T if 3DTVs! Or is there a more ucinic model?

And why, when i looked at the 3dtv popularity, it was unranked, but I remember sellouts and restocks of that model? Any other model sell as many?

I didn't beat this dead horse. Cancelling my original post revived thst horse.

Inoticed it when i looked up its all time TV rank, I just want to get my facts straight. I know I'm speculating except for something a Best Buy enployee told me.
He challenged me when I said PS3DTV was the number 3d model of all time , he corrected me and said only among those who specifically wanted 3D coming in, and the number one specifically targeted model. ( Ask thevhelp at most "Where is the Playstation TV?" And the choice coming in was either that or no TV today) Other models may have sold more, but decided on them when daring to compare against its 2d cousins and computing cost/benefit ratios, etc.

I'll assume a lack of posts answering with a different model is agreement of those who read this thread.
Old 10-21-2019, 05:39 AM   #27

Nov 2012
Bay Area
Default You may be right, in a sense

The Playstation 3D TV was my first 3D TV, but I was also into gaming, and as a PS3 owner, it just seemed logical to get a Playstation 3D TV (much as getting the PSVR was a no-brainer as an owner of the PS4 Pro).

The PS 3D TV wasn't a huge display, but 24" was large enough, and I was already using a 24" Sony TV for all my movie and gaming at the time anyway, so it didn't seem small to me.

In 2015 I bought a second, used PS 3D TV as a backup.

I love it. Very reliable and simple to use. I just built a Windows PC system and use my PS 3D TV as the monitor for it.

I've since upgraded to a 40" Samsung 3D TV, which is considered small by many.

I'd recommend snapping these up if they're still as cheap used on eBay as they were a couple years ago. You can throw 'em in the back of the closet for use in the future as backups. They're pretty thin and the stand easily detaches.

Or get one, and along with an old PS3, you have a compact powerhouse 3D gaming and movie viewing system. The 3D Pinball FX and Pinball Arcade games are still pretty amazing. They've recreated some of these for the PSVR, but I prefer the PS3 versions.
Old 10-21-2019, 06:09 PM   #28

Jul 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by tripletopper View Post
I'll assume a lack of posts answering with a different model is agreement of those who read this thread.
I guess that is one way to get the answer you want.
Old 10-31-2019, 02:04 AM   #29

Mar 2017

That is true. It takes guts to disagree. Most of thr things I post have a nature to be opposed. So the lack of opposition usually means I debated my point well enough.

Also i right, just because there were 30% sdoption rate if 3d doesn't 30% of the people were in "camp 3d hell yeah"

Ptobably the number one model for 3d hell yeah people was the PS3DTV.

And why no Pinball FX 3d releases for Xbox or Nintendo. Xbix can handle Full 3d, and anyyhing with HDMI can handle Side-by-sude half. Even DVD R csn be SBSH encoded.
Old 10-31-2019, 07:40 PM   #30

Jul 2011

Quote:
That is true. It takes guts to disagree. Most of thr things I post have a nature to be opposed. So the lack of opposition usually means I debated my point well enough.
Not really. I can't speak for others but in my case I didn't want to spend time on a lengthy response. Just for the record, I had never heard of the PS 3D TV.
Old 11-03-2019, 08:55 PM   #31

Mar 2017

The ps3dtv was a Playztation monitor whicj was the world's cheapest 3d display when it came out at $500. It did decent.

But sales picked up when every ither tv was getting nore oremiumized, the OS3DTV was exactly the same, except reduced price. Evebtually if was $200 for a 249 hz, 1080p, 24 knch hdmi monitor.

As soon ig was a bews issue tgat ed vroadcasts in antenb tv eould ruin hd 3d vroadcasting for oractucal inpravtibility, then ehen " 3d guess so " people became 3d hell no" ers. Sob
Ny thought with less 3d guess so ers the market was thin for an entry level 3d tv. That happened ariond the fall of 2012.
Old 11-04-2019, 02:23 PM   #32
Expert Member

Nov 2013
Duluth, MN

Quote:
The ps3dtv was a Playztation monitor whicj was the world's cheapest 3d display when it came out at $500. It did decent.

But sales picked up when every ither tv was getting nore oremiumized, the OS3DTV was exactly the same, except reduced price. Evebtually if was $200 for a 249 hz, 1080p, 24 knch hdmi monitor.

As soon ig was a bews issue tgat ed vroadcasts in antenb tv eould ruin hd 3d vroadcasting for oractucal inpravtibility, then ehen " 3d guess so " people became 3d hell no" ers. Sob
Ny thought with less 3d guess so ers the market was thin for an entry level 3d tv. That happened ariond the fall of 2012.
I still have my PS3DTV which is pretty impressive considering the other four people I know who had one had theirs crap out on them within a year. It’s one of the worst 3D sets I’ve ever seen with awful ghosting and horribly uncomfortable glasses. If they claimed a high refresh rate, they were lying. It has major problems with really bad LCD motion blur. Any fast motion results in a smear black mess. I did get mine for like $175 on clearance at Best Buy though, which happened less than a year after it was released. I really have no idea why anyone would use it as some kind of shining example of the tech.

Last edited by EvilResident; 11-04-2019 at 02:30 PM.
Old 11-05-2019, 04:48 PM   #33
Special Member

Oct 2010

I'd love to see Sony poop out another PSTV for PS5. HDMI 2.1 with eARC, VRR, microLED, 32-43 inches, and WiFi for firmware updates. They can update PSVR with newer tech to cover the 3D angle and also offer high-res VRR gaming.
Old 11-06-2019, 12:09 AM   #34
Blu-ray Ninja

Oct 2009
Canada
-

PS3TV was $99.99 on clearance during Boxing Day. That's when I picked up two of them. This was at Future Shop or Best Buy. Can't remember
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Hardware and Technology > 3D TVs and 3D projectors

Tags
3d guess so 3d hell yeah., playstation 3d tv