Best 3D Blu-ray Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Japan
Dredd 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99
8 hrs ago
Alita: Battle Angel 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$25.99
20 hrs ago
The LEGO Movie 2: The Second Part 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99
 
Ghost in the Shell 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.98
 
Star Trek Beyond 3D (Blu-ray)
$12.75
 
Man of Steel 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.00
 
Long Day's Journey Into Night 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.99
 
G-Force 3D (Blu-ray)
$18.44
 
Creature from the Black Lagoon 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99
21 hrs ago
The Amazing Spider-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$10.59
 
Yogi Bear 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.00
 
Under The Sea / Deep Sea (Blu-ray)
$16.74
 
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion


Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 11-09-2019, 07:02 PM   #61
film11 film11 is offline
Special Member
 
Mar 2010
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
a cheaper projector is not any better than a TV in picture quality just size and this could also be a factor depending on room space. also its not everybody that can drop 10K plus on a nice top notch projector.
10K? You can get a good 3D/4K DLP projector for $1500. If you dont need 4K (and you really dont), its even less as others have said. Takes up less room than a panel set too. Just put the unit on a table, shelf, etc. Some units, like one from Optoma, even use Alexa and still under $2K.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Okiephile (11-09-2019)
Old 11-10-2019, 01:11 PM   #62
BLMN BLMN is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Feb 2011
Southern NH
53
442
37
8
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by film11 View Post
10K? You can get a good 3D/4K DLP projector for $1500. If you dont need 4K (and you really dont), its even less as others have said. Takes up less room than a panel set too. Just put the unit on a table, shelf, etc. Some units, like one from Optoma, even use Alexa and still under $2K.
you really donít need 4k ? Have you ever seen a movie in 4k ? The difference is night and day, I think youíre wrong on that.
  Reply With Quote
Old 11-10-2019, 04:19 PM   #63
Okiephile Okiephile is online now
Member
 
Sep 2019
Oklahoma
1
24
67
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
you really donít need 4k ? Have you ever seen a movie in 4k ? The difference is night and day, I think youíre wrong on that.
Yes, I have a 4 K Samsung and 4K Blu-ray player. 4K is sharper but not by much. 3D is a much better option. IMHO 100 inch screen is much more impressive. If you can afford 4K go for it, but donít let that get in your way for a great 3D experience.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
MaxPower111 (11-10-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 12:18 AM   #64
film11 film11 is offline
Special Member
 
Mar 2010
3
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Okiephile View Post
Yes, I have a 4 K Samsung and 4K Blu-ray player. 4K is sharper but not by much. 3D is a much better option. IMHO 100 inch screen is much more impressive. If you can afford 4K go for it, but don’t let that get in your way for a great 3D experience.
Agreed. So negligible they needed the HDR gimmick to show any difference. A night & day difference is VHS/Laserdisc. Or DVD/HD. 4K is nowhere near that. I too prefer 3D. Its something no flat image can provide. 4K, 8K, 16K...no matter how many new coats of paint they slap on it, its still the same flat image.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Okiephile (11-11-2019)
Old 11-11-2019, 02:14 AM   #65
BLMN BLMN is offline
Blu-ray Guru
 
Feb 2011
Southern NH
53
442
37
8
Default

You guys are under the assumption Iím comparing 3D 2k with flat 4K but I was talking flat 2k with flat 4K and I do see a lot of difference and I always go for 4K in that case regardless if itís HDR or not.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D News and General Discussion


Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 11:00 PM.