Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Star Wars: Episode V - The Empire Strikes Back 4K (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
Knives Out 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Hunger Games: Complete 4-Film Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$59.99

Orgy of the Living Dead (Blu-ray)
$14.99
1 day ago
Moonstruck (Blu-ray)
$27.99
7 hrs ago
Midway 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Black Panther (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Irishman (Blu-ray)
$27.99
7 hrs ago
Scream: 3-Movie Collection (Blu-ray)
$14.99

The Conjuring Universe: 6-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.50
9 hrs ago
Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.96

Demon Slayer: Kimetsu no Yaiba Volume 2 (Blu-ray)
$49.99
6 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology

Old 10-17-2020, 09:29 PM   #27461
Expert Member

Feb 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Steedeel View Post
Thanks everyone. Well, the doctors have just phoned and it wasn’t the kidney stone that was causing all the trouble, turns out her kidney was full of pus. They have cleared it all out and they say she should be much better now.
Had they left it another day, it could have turned to sepsis which obviously would have been devastating. So far, a success. She needs to stay in hospital for a while but maybe now she can start her recovery from COVID.

Hope you guys don’t mind me replying in general rather than individually but it’s been a long day, going to watch a film with a beer (I don’t drink normally)

Thanks guys, really appreciate it.
Enjoy the beer and a movie! I just made a smoked old fashioned and will toast the good news.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:30 PM   #27462
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
glad to hear the surgery turned out well and better then expected. And no there is no need to reply to each of individually.
Quote:
Originally Posted by alchav21 View Post
Hi Steedeel, glad your sister is doing well and hope for a speedy recovery. Enjoy that beer and Movie. I've gone through different times and taste in beers, but you can't beat a good Mexican Beer. Right now I'm into Modelo Negra!
Quote:
Originally Posted by gotmule View Post
Enjoy the beer and a movie! I just made a smoked old fashioned and will toast the good news.
I did indeed, thanks guys. Watched Lords Of Chaos which I’m not going to forget anytime soon.

Nice pizza and washed it down with that oh so rare beer.

Thank all of you for your kind and supportive words. Appreciate every single message in this thread

Last edited by Steedeel; 10-18-2020 at 04:02 PM.
Thanks given by:
Vilya (10-18-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 11:46 PM   #27463
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009
SF Bay area - Oppo Beta Tester

Was looking at ’Star Trek: Discovery' Renewed for Season 4 at CBS All Access - Hollywood Reporter noticed the following paragraph.

Quote:
CBS All Access poised to be rebranded as Paramount+ as parent company ViacomCBS looks to broaden the platform to include more brands from its vast portfolio.
Personally I thought CBS all access had limited content for what they charged, some new shows, older content, but it’s like another studio consolidation with their film content going to happen.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:08 PM   #27464
Blu-ray Baron

Jul 2007
Montreal, Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnAV View Post
Was looking at ’Star Trek: Discovery' Renewed for Season 4 at CBS All Access - Hollywood Reporter noticed the following paragraph.

Personally I thought CBS all access had limited content for what they charged, some new shows, older content, but it’s like another studio consolidation with their film content going to happen.

CBS being part of Viacom is not news. As for the rest it is bound to happen. It takes a lot of $$$ to make quality films and TV shows. When Netflix firs went streaming I had that discussion with a lot of people.

"it is free with disc subscription I will save a lot by dropping cable/Sat."
"Netflix streaming is no longer free but it is still cheaper then cable/sat"

Studios are not looking for ways to make less money while spending more making content. The more people go from A to cheaper B the more B will need to increase to cover the difference with A.
Thanks given by:
sapiendut (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 05:04 PM   #27465
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
Originally Posted by Anthony P View Post
CBS being part of Viacom is not news. As for the rest it is bound to happen. It takes a lot of $$$ to make quality films and TV shows. When Netflix firs went streaming I had that discussion with a lot of people.

"it is free with disc subscription I will save a lot by dropping cable/Sat."
"Netflix streaming is no longer free but it is still cheaper then cable.
Are you infatuated with Nettflix? I was just pointing out the service is evolving.

More reading, CBS All Access to Rebrand as Paramount Plus Early Next Year - Variety 10/15

Quote:
New shows in the works include another reboot of “The Game,” the Mara Brock Akil comedy and spinoff of “Girlfriends” that aired on the CW from 2006-2009 and on BET from 2011 to 2015. Also coming is “Lioness,” a CIA-set terrorism drama series from Taylor Sheridan, creator of Paramount Network’s successful cable drama “Yellowstone,” and a scripted 10-episode limited series revolving around producer Al Ruddy’s experiences during the shooting of Francis Ford Coppola’s “The Godfather” in the early 1970s.

With the rebrand and the addition of library shows from BET, CBS, Comedy Central, MTV, Nickelodeon and more content from the Paramount Pictures vault, Paramount Plus will offer up about 30,000 episodes and films. BET, Comedy Central and other ViacomCBS imprints will also produce original series for Paramount Plus.

CBS All Access is believed to have a subscriber base of about 8 million. The previous CBS Corp. regime launched CBS All Access in 2014 as a bet on the growth potential of SVOD and a hammer to use in its retransmission consent negotiations with MVPDs. The transition from an Eye-centric name to the Paramount mountain is another sharp sign of post-merger changes for key CBS assets.
This is similar to Peacock with consolidating, just pointing what’s happening. Expect shows to be removed from Netflix to this as a guess.
Old 10-18-2020, 08:10 PM   #27466
Blu-ray Ninja

Dec 2009

I bought that Friday the 13th collection yesterday and have already knocked out the first 4 films. The 4K restorations are epic. The mono soundtracks are also stellar.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 09:19 PM   #27467
Blu-ray Archduke

Apr 2011
England

Quote:
Originally Posted by cheez avenger View Post
I bought that Friday the 13th collection yesterday and have already knocked out the first 4 films. The 4K restorations are epic. The mono soundtracks are also stellar.
I’m sticking with the Paramount set until a possible 4k set comes out in the future. I don’t care for the post- Paramount films but enjoyed 1-6. I wish the 3D disc was region free and standalone.
Old 10-19-2020, 04:27 AM   #27468
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2013

the next few weeks are great 4K physical media wise.

BTTF this week. a few dope criterion's next month. December is STACKED as we know with LOTR being the big hitter
Thanks given by:
bhampton (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 11:25 AM   #27469
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

I view UHD BDs like Pokémon, gotta catch them all

My philosophy is if it was worth buying on DVD, it’s worth buying on Blu and now that extends to UHD BD. If I can get a better version of something I like, I try to make it happen. I’m grateful new encodes are arriving at a steady pace.

Last edited by bhampton; 10-19-2020 at 11:45 AM.
Thanks given by:
Steedeel (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 06:08 PM   #27470
Blu-ray Champion

Aug 2007
BJ's Wholesale Club

Speaking of the “future”,

Oculus is owned by Facebook and new users are required to make a Facebook account to log in during initial setup. However, many users are getting permanent bans instantly when doing the setup.

Story here :
https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.tom...-from-facebook

With this in mind, I think in the near future a lot of these new headsets will be available as open box 📦 for a discount.

- Brian.
Old 10-19-2020, 07:11 PM   #27471

Aug 2016
Korova Milk Bar

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post

Oculus is owned by Facebook and new users are required to make a Facebook account to log in during initial setup. However, many users are getting permanent bans instantly when doing the setup.

Story here :

With this in mind, I think in the near future a lot of these new headsets will be available as open box 📦 for a discount.

- Brian.
So you have an opinion that they don't agree with and all of a sudden you can't use your headset? Yeah, sounds a like great plan EF-book!

Thanks given by:
bhampton (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 07:21 PM   #27472
Power Member

Apr 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by bhampton View Post

Story here :

With this in mind, I think in the near future a lot of these new headsets will be available as open box �� for a discount.

- Brian.
This is why it's best to have as little as possible tied to an account. Customers never have control over their accounts and they can be banned at anytime. It will only get worse as more companies consolidate.

I don't have a single movie, TV show, album, video game, or piece of hardware that would stop functioning if one of my accounts was banned or otherwise deactivated. Giving that much control to any company is ridiculous.

Last edited by PenguinInfinity; 10-19-2020 at 07:57 PM.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (10-19-2020), Ender14 (10-20-2020), Wendell R. Breland (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 09:27 PM   #27473
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Originally Posted by PenguinInfinity View Post
This is why it's best to have as little as possible tied to an account. Customers never have control over their accounts and they can be banned at anytime. It will only get worse as more companies consolidate.

I don't have a single movie, TV show, album, video game, or piece of hardware that would stop functioning if one of my accounts was banned or otherwise deactivated. Giving that much control to any company is ridiculous.
I'm not a Facebook guy, but you can also bury your head in the sand. That works well too. I say Streaming is Now, and you need to see what Accounts will work for you!
Old 10-19-2020, 10:03 PM   #27474
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
I'm not a Facebook guy, but you can also bury your head in the sand. That works well too. I say Streaming is Now, and you need to see what Accounts will work for you!
What does "Oculus Quest 2 owners who are making Facebook accounts to user their devices are getting banned." have to do with streaming? Perhaps you should bury your head in the sand.
Thanks given by:
Dynamo of Eternia (10-20-2020), Ender14 (10-19-2020)
Old 10-19-2020, 11:24 PM   #27475
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
What does "Oculus Quest 2 owners who are making Facebook accounts to user their devices are getting banned." have to do with streaming? Perhaps you should bury your head in the sand.
JohnAV I think your head is buried in the sand, this Thread has to do with Physical vs Digital. So the topic should fall back to the main subject. There was talk about Movie and TV Show Accounts getting banned, so I brought up Streaming Accounts that are needed now!
Old 10-20-2020, 12:02 AM   #27476

Dec 2014
Georgia

Quote:
JohnAV I think your head is buried in the sand, this Thread has to do with Physical vs Digital. So the topic should fall back to the main subject. There was talk about Movie and TV Show Accounts getting banned, so I brought up Streaming Accounts that are needed now!
Oh someone's head is buried in the sand. Pretty sure it's not JohnAV though.
Thanks given by:
Vilya (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 12:52 AM   #27477
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
So the topic should fall back to the main subject. There was talk about Movie and TV Show Accounts getting banned, so I brought up Streaming Accounts that are needed now!
Hmmm you haven't changed much you know.

Quote:
I love Digital, and my VUDU Collection is up to 250+ all HDX, but I still have Physical of my Classics. I started doing my own Digital Back-Ups 20 years ago, and even played around with putting them on my Home Server to Stream to my HDTV. So when Streaming Providers came around I was ready. Guys this is the Future, Digital Streaming will only get better and I can't tell the difference between HDX and Blu-ray. Get ready for First Run Movies as soon as they come out!
Quote:
No mystery, IMO I don't see a big difference from HD to 4K. I don't have anything in SD anymore in my Digital Collection because I can really tell the difference there. So from my 750 Movies in my Digital Collection about quarter of them are 4K, and I upgrade when the price is right. I just enjoy the Movies and TV Shows, and don't worry about the resolution. With my setup I don't need or want an outdated 4K player!
Theres 5 years between these two posts, looks likes your eyesight has not improved.
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (10-20-2020), Vilya (10-20-2020), Wendell R. Breland (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 03:29 AM   #27478
Blu-ray Guru

Apr 2009
ST George, Utah

Quote:
Hmmm you haven't changed much you know.

There's 5 years between these two posts, looks likes your eyesight has not improved.
Yes, and your point is? IMO there is no difference between BD and HD Streaming. I have some 4K Movies, and they look real nice but I can only compare it to what I have seen in some Demo Discs. What we need now are some Streaming Reviews and setup Specs. I still think that Hardwired is the best way to go!

Last edited by alchav21; 10-20-2020 at 04:45 AM.
Old 10-20-2020, 04:10 AM   #27479
Blu-ray Ninja

Sep 2009

Quote:
Guys this is the Future, Digital Streaming will only get better and I can't tell the difference between HDX and Blu-ray. Get ready for First Run Movies as soon as they come out!
Quote:
Yes, and you point is? IMO there is no difference between BD and HD Streaming.
That your Don Quixote quest of convincing all of us that streaming is the only future has failed. Now that it over, just remember there are no losers here just people that use both to view content.

Last edited by JohnAV; 10-20-2020 at 05:36 AM. Reason: typo
Thanks given by:
Ender14 (10-20-2020)
Old 10-20-2020, 04:16 AM   #27480
Banned

Sep 2011
The Shady Rest Hotel

Quote:
Yes, and you point is? IMO there is no difference between BD and HD Streaming. I have some 4K Movies, and they look real nice but I can only compare it to what I have seen in some Demo Discs. What we need now are some Streaming Reviews and setup Specs. I still think that Hardwired is the best way to go!
You are entitled to your opinion no matter how wrong it is.

The fact that you can not tell any difference between an HD stream and a blu-ray, or much of one between HD and 4K UHD streams, is exactly why your opinion about video quality is completely disregarded. You have pretty much said that every. single. thing. that you have ever steamed looks either "Fantastic" or "Outstanding" alternating between the only two adjectives in your entire vocabulary. Your opinions are ALWAYS the same.

You do not own a 4K disc player and you can not watch 4K discs, so you are in no position to comment about how they compare with anything, but you comment anyways. You do not even have a TV capable of displaying Dolby Vision.

Streaming quality has been reviewed many times; you just ignore these reviews due to the criticism contained therein like you do with all facts that do not fit with your fantasy.

Hardwired makes no damn difference. I use both hardwired and wireless connections and streaming looks and sounds like the same subpar and second rate experience either way.

Last edited by Vilya; 10-20-2020 at 04:48 AM.
Thanks given by:
bhampton (10-20-2020), Dynamo of Eternia (10-20-2020), Ender14 (10-20-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Blu-ray > Blu-ray Technology and Future Technology