Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Friday the 13th Collection (Blu-ray)
$129.99

In the Heart of the Sea 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

How to Train Your Dragon 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.76

Flight of the Butterflies 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$16.50

Shrek 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

King Arthur: Legend of the Sword 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Pokémon: Detective Pikachu 3D (Blu-ray)
$22.49

Batman v Superman: Dawn of Justice 3D (Blu-ray)
$17.99

The Green Hornet 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Priest 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Smurfs 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Ghost Rider: Spirit of Vengeance 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 10-17-2020, 04:14 AM   #861
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:
Originally Posted by petergee View Post
No need for panic. I hope.

First instance of 3D opening credits, is NOT the title card.
Mar3o has to calm the F down a little bit
Old 10-17-2020, 05:13 AM   #862
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
Mar3o has to calm the F down a little bit
You know how we got this far? By contacting Shout and discussing the situation.

Shout Factory is likely already preparing to correct this error. So if they do not fully understand the situation, it's quite possible the fix could be worse.

I'm perfectly calm. I just think somebody needs to inform Shout what the actual issue is, as their replacement page is at the very least poorly worded, and at worse, suggests they don't understand the situation.

Last edited by mar3o; 10-17-2020 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:17 AM   #863
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

Quote:

This totally depends on how they chose to word it. There are others in the other thread that also pointed their wording out, so I'm not the only one that thinks it sounds like they may not be fully aware of the situation. In fact, I was made aware of this replacement program earlier today when somebody else mentioned their concern over their choice of words, at which point I agreed that it sounds odd how they worded it.

Normally, when most people say "opening credits", they mean that to include the title card.

Quote:
Originally Posted by mario64 View Post
How do we report this concern? Does Shout respond on Twitter?
I'm not sure about Twitter. I imagine so, but I'm not on social media so I can't contact them through Facebook or Twitter.

Last edited by mar3o; 10-17-2020 at 05:22 AM.
Old 10-17-2020, 05:24 AM   #864
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

On a related note, I can't seem to post in the main Friday the 13th thread all of a sudden. I have no idea why. I posted in there earlier this evening. Now I can't post. Was there a problem there in the thread? I didn't post anything that would be any issue in there I don't think. I certainly didn't intend to. But a post I made does seem to be missing now, along with the post I was replying to, and a bunch of other posts from others. Wow, was I banned from that thread? I certainly don't think I said anything that should be bannable, considering the discussion going on in there all evening.

Maybe it was just locked?

EDIT: Yup, the thread is closed. Wow. I mean the discussion was getting pretty ridiculous there this evening, but I made one reply that I didn't think would be a big deal, so I hope that doesn't get me in trouble.

Last edited by mar3o; 10-17-2020 at 05:33 AM.
Old 10-17-2020, 06:08 AM   #865

Jul 2018

Yeah I'm not sure why it was locked. That's a bummer. Can a thread be re-opened once it's closed?

By the way, does anyone know where I can find 11mm, 2-disc, black blu-ray cases? I only found single disc cases on Casetopia
Old 10-17-2020, 07:19 AM   #866

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniiz86 View Post
Too bad nobody brought it to Shout's attention regarding the missing music cue at approx. 23:20-23:40mins on the 5.1 mix, I know it's present on the 2.0 Mono track but still would have been great if we had one Bluray release with this brief Harry Manfredini cue left intact on a 5.1 mix, Paramount stuffed up their earlier release too with the Dolby TrueHD 5.1 track.
This is the response I received from Shout,

The 2.0 track is new to this release, and corrects the issue.

However, the 5.1 track is the same one available on previous releases of the movie. A 5.1 track with that music cue does not exist.

Customer Service
Shout! Factory
1640 S. Sepulveda Blvd.
Ste. 400
Los Angeles, CA 90025
info@shoutfactory.com

I'm sorry but I don't understand how their claim of the DTS-HD MA 5.1 track being the "same" as previous releases when Paramount's 2009 release had a completely different track it was encoded with Dolby TrueHD 5.1?

I thought Shout had the capacity to master a new DTS-HD MA 5.1 mix that originates from the 2.0 Mono track on the exact same disc?
Old 10-17-2020, 07:38 AM   #867
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

Shout isn't producing a new remix track for the film. Just providing the same 5.1 remix from 2009 (in a different codec) and new-to-blu-ray lossless original mono.
Old 10-17-2020, 07:59 AM   #868

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by BleedOrange11 View Post
Shout isn't producing a new remix track for the film. Just providing the same 5.1 remix from 2009 (in a different codec) and new-to-blu-ray lossless original mono.
Gotcha, so is it the usual case of time & production costs or they don't simply have the means to correct it or have deemed it not worthy of a fix, too much effort for too little gains perhaps? I understand if one is so concerned by it simply up mix the 2.0 mono track but would have been great if Shout's 5.1 track had left this piece of music intact.
Old 10-17-2020, 08:09 AM   #869
Blu-ray Guru

Sep 2011
Galveston, TX

I don't know if Shout has their own sound mixing studio--probably not. It's not really worth paying someone to make a new remix over a missing music cue when they could just provide the original audio track instead, which is arguably better.
Old 10-17-2020, 11:14 AM   #870
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

Quote:

Old 10-17-2020, 03:55 PM   #871
Blu-ray Baron

Dec 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLMN View Post
Wording is important.

"PART 3 (When viewing in 3D) – First instance of 3D opening credits does not come out of the screen correctly."

It doesn't say the entirety of opening credits doesn't come out of the screen. Which is the case. It says First instance. Making it sounds like they think only the First instance is affected. When it's just the opposite - the First instance is correct (opening title).

First instance sounds like the first credit only, going by your interpretation of the wording. Either way, it sounds like they are misunderstanding the situation.

By the way, I'm still calm. Just discussing it.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (10-17-2020)
Old 10-17-2020, 05:20 PM   #872
Blu-ray Ninja

Feb 2010
AMITY ISLAND

does anyone know why they closed the main Friday the 13th deluxe set thread?
Old 10-17-2020, 11:52 PM   #873
Special Member

Jun 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hedji View Post
The good news for 3D fans is, this will probably result in a lot of people selling their original disc, so if you didn't want to buy the whole box set for the one disc, you may have an alternative if you're not picky about the opening credits.

Didn't think I was picky...but having landed a Part 3, blu-ray 3D from one of the Shout sets broken up for scalpery on Ebay, the fact that a replacement's being issued is kind of gnawing at me. Alas, they're not likely to honor a request for the new disc from the secondhand market, so I'll probably have to accept the downside for not having to pony up for all the extra baggage in the full box; if my post-title card credits never get all up in my bidness, that's just the way I'll have to roll.

Last edited by AllOuttaBubbleGum; 10-18-2020 at 12:26 AM.
Thanks given by:
Hedji (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 03:40 AM   #874

Jun 2015

Quote:
Originally Posted by Oniiz86 View Post
Gotcha, so is it the usual case of time & production costs or they don't simply have the means to correct it or have deemed it not worthy of a fix, too much effort for too little gains perhaps? I understand if one is so concerned by it simply up mix the 2.0 mono track but would have been great if Shout's 5.1 track had left this piece of music intact.
You can't really upmix a mono track. There's nothing in the signal to route to other channels.

It may be missing a cue (or more?) but I'd still recommend the 5.1 track for this movie. The mono mix on Shout's release sounds too bright and harsh to me. Maybe it always sounded that way? I've seen a print theatrically but I can't remember how the sound was. At any rate, the mono for this one is a big step down from the first two movies, which both sound excellent.

Also, I wish Shout would author their discs with proper 1.0 tracks. 2.0 mono always annoys me.
Old 10-18-2020, 02:04 PM   #875

Aug 2011

I prefer 2.0 mono.
Thanks given by:
BleedOrange11 (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 03:22 PM   #876

Nov 2008
I.E., So Cal

Here's a post from another forum from a gentleman that owns a 35mm 3D copy...so as promised, here's the bottom line on the "credits" question on Friday the 13th, Part 3 3D.
From the start of the opening credits, which is Friday the 13th until the end, "Directed By", each and every credit pops off the screen at the viewer. So if your Shout disc doesn't do that, it's NOT right.

Questions?
Old 10-18-2020, 07:26 PM   #877
Power Member

Jul 2012
Pennsylvania

Yesterday, I submitted a request for replacement discs, but received no email confirmation afterward. Did other people receive an email confirmation?
Old 10-18-2020, 07:44 PM   #878
Power Member

Oct 2013
Southern California, USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by jimqk View Post
Yesterday, I submitted a request for replacement discs, but received no email confirmation afterward. Did other people receive an email confirmation?
I didn't either. I guess we just wait until the discs arrive.
Thanks given by:
jimqk (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 07:49 PM   #879
Blu-ray Guru

Feb 2011
Southern NH

There’s no confirmation email, all we get is that big green check mark once it’s completed.
Thanks given by:
jimqk (10-18-2020), revgen (10-19-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 07:58 PM   #880

Jul 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by ufso View Post
Here's a post from another forum from a gentleman that owns a 35mm 3D copy...so as promised, here's the bottom line on the "credits" question on Friday the 13th, Part 3 3D.
From the start of the opening credits, which is Friday the 13th until the end, "Directed By", each and every credit pops off the screen at the viewer. So if your Shout disc doesn't do that, it's NOT right.

Questions?
The opening title card looks fine. The big issue is whether or not Shout will correct the problem with the opening cast/crew titles. In it’s proper presentation, the ‘Edited by George Hively’ credit is particularly effective in 3-D.

I’m going to wait on a replacement until I hear more if the issue is being addressed.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Tags
3d movie, friday the 13th