Best Blu-ray Movie Deals


Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Universal Classic Monsters: Complete 30-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$69.99
1 day ago
Three Films by Luis Buñuel (Blu-ray)
$72.99
10 hrs ago
Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.96
9 hrs ago
The Man with No Name Trilogy (Blu-ray)
$12.96
13 hrs ago
The Conjuring Universe: 6-Film Collection (Blu-ray)
$31.50
1 day ago
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$39.98
5 hrs ago
Rolling Thunder Revue: A Bob Dylan Story by Martin Scorsese (Blu-ray)
$29.49
1 hr ago
Batman Beyond: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
5 hrs ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collector's Set (Blu-ray)
$136.28
 
Indiana Jones: The Complete Adventures (Blu-ray)
$29.96
15 hrs ago
Valerian and the City of a Thousand Planets 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.96
12 hrs ago
The Ascent (Blu-ray)
$29.49
9 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out


Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Old 10-18-2020, 01:56 AM   #8001
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

I love that Regal’s app tells me all their theaters are closed when seven of them are open in California. Of course, I can choose the open theaters and see showtimes. I wonder if that banner upon opening the app is having any effect on sales.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 02:52 AM   #8002
ltb2.0 ltb2.0 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ltb2.0's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
いえ の なか で
182
2074
114
2
2
Default

nearly 200 people today, almost doubled yesterday's numbers.

Honest Thief is drawing amazing numbers

War with Grandpa is holding steady

Croods sold 10 tickets

Yellow Rose is plummeting

Tenet is puling 4-5 daily.

Nightmare Before Christmas is a non factor

Hocus Pocus is doing steady business

2 Hearts fluctuates.

Had school teacher chew me out because I wouldn't let her get by wearing just a face shield.

"I'm a school teacher, I wear this all day"

I unfortunately was a little terser than I should've been. Not a lot, but I definitely could've been a little friendlier and less like I was dealing with a petulant child.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Creed (10-18-2020), ctujackbauer (10-18-2020), Himmel (10-18-2020), Zivouhr (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 02:54 AM   #8003
ltb2.0 ltb2.0 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ltb2.0's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
いえ の なか で
182
2074
114
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve_dave View Post
I love that Regal’s app tells me all their theaters are closed when seven of them are open in California. Of course, I can choose the open theaters and see showtimes. I wonder if that banner upon opening the app is having any effect on sales.
That banner is most definitely having an effect on sales. When the AMC app showed that our location was closed on Mon & Tues it dropped our business down to almost nothing.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
craigbarr2003 (10-18-2020), steve_dave (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 03:42 AM   #8004
steve_dave steve_dave is offline
Blu-ray Champion
 
Nov 2008
20
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltb2.0 View Post
That banner is most definitely having an effect on sales. When the AMC app showed that our location was closed on Mon & Tues it dropped our business down to almost nothing.
I figured as much and the Regal Riverside Plaza is literally in the middle of an open air mall that relies on the theater and restaurants to survive.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 03:52 AM   #8005
raptors661 raptors661 is offline
Active Member
 
raptors661's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
The Frozen North
118
1316
546
2
Default

170 people today. Same as Itb2.0's theater, Honest Thief and Grandpa are the big hits. We did sell out of Nightmare Before Christmas twice, but because of our state restrictions, that's only 10 tickets a showtime. We had a guy get really mad at us because he came a little late to an Honest Thief showtime and couldn't buy a ticket to the same showtime as his friends because it was sold out.

I think this was our busiest day we've had since we were open.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ltb2.0 (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 03:59 AM   #8006
raptors661 raptors661 is offline
Active Member
 
raptors661's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
The Frozen North
118
1316
546
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltb2.0 View Post

Had school teacher chew me out because I wouldn't let her get by wearing just a face shield.

"I'm a school teacher, I wear this all day"

I unfortunately was a little terser than I should've been. Not a lot, but I definitely could've been a little friendlier and less like I was dealing with a petulant child.
That's really the only way to talk to them, unfortunately. Any time I've asked in my customer service voice, I get a snide remark and they attempt to walk in past me.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ltb2.0 (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 04:06 AM   #8007
ltb2.0 ltb2.0 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ltb2.0's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
いえ の なか で
182
2074
114
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by raptors661 View Post
That's really the only way to talk to them, unfortunately. Any time I've asked in my customer service voice, I get a snide remark and they attempt to walk in past me.
Sad but true. I've had to step-up my stern enforcer act more than usual lately. My customer service persona is rapidly becoming useless.

Still don't like it, I'd prefer to be warm and welcoming instead.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 05:33 PM   #8008
Jrock8046 Jrock8046 is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2013
Default

Last night we did about forty to fifty people. Higher than the past few football Saturdays...but not by much. I, and one of my crew, had a really nasty encounter with an anti-masker, who came by later after his movie (and after he succumbed to wearing a mask) to really sincerely apologize for his actions. His eyes were red and watery like he was about to cry. The other manager that saw him come up and apologize actually started tearing up, too. It was strange and unexpected, but very nice.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 06:47 PM   #8009
John1701D John1701D is online now
Power Member
 
John1701D's Avatar
 
Mar 2011
Dallas, TX
9
Default

About to watch 2 Hearts. About 8 people in the auditorium.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 07:14 PM   #8010
filmbuffTX filmbuffTX is online now
Blu-ray Champion
 
filmbuffTX's Avatar
 
May 2015
57
5096
1835
1169
3
11
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by John1701D View Post
About to watch 2 Hearts. About 8 people in the auditorium.
8 hearts
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ctujackbauer (10-18-2020), John1701D (10-18-2020), MazeRunner (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 08:07 PM   #8011
CrazyBlu-RayFan CrazyBlu-RayFan is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
CrazyBlu-RayFan's Avatar
 
Sep 2012
Colorado
26
634
1
3
54
Default

Honest Thief and War with Grandpa got really decent numbers at my theater yesterday. Nightmare Before Christmas is also doing pretty well (and its pretty short runtime makes it enticing for audiences and gets more showings in a day than most other movies). The Shining 40th anniversary event also helped get a good chunk of people in the theater. We also had a birthday party theater rental of How to Train Your Dragon, which had about 38 people. So yeah, probably the most busy it has been since we reopened.

We clearly need more non-R rated simple crowd pleasing movies like Honest Thief and War with Grandpa, possibly The Empty Man and Come Play will get some people (due to being the only two new horror movies for the Halloween season). I believe we'll be getting Alita Battle Angel back (curious to see if the fanbase that's grown since last years release will actually come for the re-release), but unfortunately November doesn't gives us much besides Let Him Go, Freaky, and Croods 2, two of which we don't get a full theatrical run with and two of which are R rated.

Last edited by CrazyBlu-RayFan; 10-18-2020 at 08:13 PM.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
ltb2.0 (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 08:25 PM   #8012
JimRochester JimRochester is offline
Active Member
 
JimRochester's Avatar
 
Jun 2019
rochester, ny
69
423
126
Default

Fifteen CEO's of the largest theater chains wrote a letter to Governor Cuomo begging him to allow NY theaters to open. My sister said she heard they were going to open next week so it must have worked. The gym owners had to threaten to sue. Comedy Clubs are still waiting.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 08:44 PM   #8013
Jrock8046 Jrock8046 is offline
Active Member
 
Jul 2013
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimRochester View Post
Fifteen CEO's of the largest theater chains wrote a letter to Governor Cuomo begging him to allow NY theaters to open. My sister said she heard they were going to open next week so it must have worked. The gym owners had to threaten to sue. Comedy Clubs are still waiting.
It’s not the whole state. The city is still excluded, and a number of counties that don’t meet certain criteria. The counties that do meet the criteria can open.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:41 PM   #8014
MazeRunner MazeRunner is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Apr 2016
119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuffTX View Post
8 hearts
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 09:43 PM   #8015
MazeRunner MazeRunner is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Apr 2016
119
Default

I'm glad to have gave $21 to Kid Detective's $135K weekend, and $10 to Love And Monsters' $255K weekend.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:17 PM   #8016
Leviathan Leviathan is offline
Expert Member
 
Oct 2011
30
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBlu-RayFan View Post
Honest Thief and War with Grandpa got really decent numbers at my theater yesterday. Nightmare Before Christmas is also doing pretty well (and its pretty short runtime makes it enticing for audiences and gets more showings in a day than most other movies). The Shining 40th anniversary event also helped get a good chunk of people in the theater. We also had a birthday party theater rental of How to Train Your Dragon, which had about 38 people. So yeah, probably the most busy it has been since we reopened.

We clearly need more non-R rated simple crowd pleasing movies like Honest Thief and War with Grandpa, possibly The Empty Man and Come Play will get some people (due to being the only two new horror movies for the Halloween season). I believe we'll be getting Alita Battle Angel back (curious to see if the fanbase that's grown since last years release will actually come for the re-release), but unfortunately November doesn't gives us much besides Let Him Go, Freaky, and Croods 2, two of which we don't get a full theatrical run with and two of which are R rated.
What is so bad about R rated films? It's not like parents are eager or willing to drag kids to the theater anyway.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:18 PM   #8017
ltb2.0 ltb2.0 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ltb2.0's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
いえ の なか で
182
2074
114
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrock8046 View Post
Last night we did about forty to fifty people. Higher than the past few football Saturdays...but not by much. I, and one of my crew, had a really nasty encounter with an anti-masker, who came by later after his movie (and after he succumbed to wearing a mask) to really sincerely apologize for his actions. His eyes were red and watery like he was about to cry. The other manager that saw him come up and apologize actually started tearing up, too. It was strange and unexpected, but very nice.
It being an election year is what's causing the bulk of the problems I think. In other years people would probably be less hostile about masks. Otherwise they'd only be hostile about our prices.

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyBlu-RayFan View Post
Honest Thief and War with Grandpa got really decent numbers at my theater yesterday. Nightmare Before Christmas is also doing pretty well (and its pretty short runtime makes it enticing for audiences and gets more showings in a day than most other movies). The Shining 40th anniversary event also helped get a good chunk of people in the theater. We also had a birthday party theater rental of How to Train Your Dragon, which had about 38 people. So yeah, probably the most busy it has been since we reopened.

We clearly need more non-R rated simple crowd pleasing movies like Honest Thief and War with Grandpa, possibly The Empty Man and Come Play will get some people (due to being the only two new horror movies for the Halloween season). I believe we'll be getting Alita Battle Angel back (curious to see if the fanbase that's grown since last years release will actually come for the re-release), but unfortunately November doesn't gives us much besides Let Him Go, Freaky, and Croods 2, two of which we don't get a full theatrical run with and two of which are R rated.
Glad to hear your location is doing well.

We definitely need simple crowd pleasing movies, preferably PG-13. The people have spoken and they clearly want popcorn flicks that deliver on fun.

Since we've been getting more lighthearted fare business has definitely picked up.

I just wish they would either relax the restrictions on R rated movies or stop sending us R rated horror movies. The crowd for R horror movies are too young/lack identification to see them.

No one else is even really interested in them. So far, for the Conjuring universe movies we've received, we have sold less than two dozen tickets.

Croods 2, I'm not certain will approach the level of Grandpa. The word of mouth and buzz simply isn't there like it was for Grandpa or even Honest Thief.
  Reply With Quote
Thanks given by:
Aclea (10-18-2020)
Old 10-18-2020, 10:21 PM   #8018
ltb2.0 ltb2.0 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ltb2.0's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
いえ の なか で
182
2074
114
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan View Post
What is so bad about R rated films? It's not like parents are eager or willing to drag kids to the theater anyway.
The people that want to see R rated movies the most, can't. They are either too young or lack identification. Horror movies are the worst, the biggest demo for the genre are between the ages of 12-18. Because of arbitrary restrictions, we lose a lot of business.
  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:36 PM   #8019
MazeRunner MazeRunner is offline
Blu-ray Knight
 
Apr 2016
119
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by ltb2.0 View Post
The people that want to see R rated movies the most, can't. They are either too young or lack identification. Horror movies are the worst, the biggest demo for the genre are between the ages of 12-18. Because of arbitrary restrictions, we lose a lot of business.
Must just be your area:

  Reply With Quote
Old 10-18-2020, 10:44 PM   #8020
ltb2.0 ltb2.0 is offline
Blu-ray Samurai
 
ltb2.0's Avatar
 
Oct 2017
いえ の なか で
182
2074
114
2
2
Default

Quote:
Originally Posted by MazeRunner View Post
Must just be your area:

[Show spoiler]
Could be. I just find it annoying that we have to deny our biggest potential audience.

It's not like they can't find them online to watch for free. Having restrictions at the theater just is an annoying measure that accomplishes nothing.
  Reply With Quote
Reply
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > Movies

Tags
disney, streaming

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump


All times are GMT. The time now is 12:22 PM.