Best PS4 Game Deals

Best PS4 Game Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Madden NFL 19 (PS4)
$39.99

BlazBlue: Cross Tag Battle (PS4)
$34.99

Diablo III: Eternal Collection (PS4)
$29.99

The Crew 2 (PS4)
$34.99

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (PS4)
$55.22
49 min ago
Super Bomberman R (PS4)
$19.99
21 hrs ago
Destiny 2: Forsaken (PS4)
$53.55
49 min ago
Tempest 4000 (PS4)
$19.99

Shadow Of The Tomb Raider (PS4)
$59.90
11 hrs ago
Banner Saga Trilogy Bonus Edition (PS4)
$29.99

Call of Duty: WWII (PS4)
$39.88

NASCAR HEAT 3 (PS4)
$47.49
49 min ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4

Old Yesterday, 12:09 AM   #841
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504 View Post
My game crashed a few times today with an error message. Anyone else experience this?
Yes, five crashes so far while fighting enemies in the streets. The blue error screen pops up and it's game over, reloading the entire game from the opening logos. Not good.

Insomniac needed to bug test Spider-Man more before the release date, to get any glitchy cobwebs out of the hidden crevices.
I haven't loaded that patch but it sounds like it's not solving the problem.
So far, Scarface's entire save was affected by a glitch, making the game currently unplayable on that save file.

Quote:
Originally Posted by redxrebellion View Post
So how long does it take to complete if you donít putz around too much?
I have a ways to go, as all I do is putz around in the game, exploring and building up experience points to unlock new suits. Only when I want a time of day change do I finally progress to the next mission.

But I heard something like 6 to 8 hours depending?
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D
Thanks given by:
Dirk504 (Yesterday), redxrebellion (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:01 AM   #842
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirk504 View Post
My game crashed a few times today with an error message. Anyone else experience this?
My game crashed once today during a cutscene and whatever the save was got corrupted, luckily there was a backup save that was just a bit earlier that still loaded.
Old Yesterday, 03:10 AM   #843
Blu-ray Archduke

Mar 2007

haven't had this much repetitive fun since assassins creed 1/ 2 and the 3rd game lol

Its really a skill to make doing the same types of things over fun and rewarding lol.

Really like the game a lot so far.
Because it's easier to have courage from a safe distance away.
Thanks given by:
Zivouhr (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:58 AM   #844
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

During regular open world exploration, I haven't found any accessible interiors other than while fighting thugs robbing a store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
haven't had this much repetitive fun since assassins creed 1/ 2 and the 3rd game lol

Its really a skill to make doing the same types of things over fun and rewarding lol.

Really like the game a lot so far.
Good point that not all repetition in video games is bad, but can be entertaining.

EDIT:
By the way, I heard Insomniac's PS4 Spider-Man is one of the top selling PS4 games of all time. Is that true?
http://collider.com/spider-man-ps4-f...-selling-game/
According to that article, the fastest selling PS4 game "ever" for first party development (Insomniac) of Sony.
List of Strong 3D Movies on Blu Ray 3D / Most PSVR PS4 games with strong stereo 3D

Last edited by Zivouhr; Yesterday at 03:06 PM.
Old Yesterday, 11:32 AM   #845
Blu-ray Ninja

Jun 2011
United Kingdom

I wasn't going to get it.....but I played 20mins of it at EGX in Birmingham at the weekend and it was great.

I like gifs, you'll see

Old Yesterday, 03:07 PM   #846
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Blu Lemmy View Post
I wasn't going to get it.....but I played 20mins of it at EGX in Birmingham at the weekend and it was great.
It's a solid representation of the Spider-Man character in an open city game and generally fun to play, though the fighting takes more skill than past games due to the more complex button combinations.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:21 PM   #847
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Insomniac finally emailed me back.

Quote:
We believe this is the same issue that we are currently looking into and we hope to have an update soon. However, it is not clear if the update will fix saves where the issue already occurs since there are so many factors at play.

A potential work around would be to load a backup save.

Marvel’s Spider-Man features automatic backup saves at key points in the story, usually when a mission is completed. If your current game slot is stuck in an unplayable state, you can return to a previous save instead of starting the game over:
From the Spider-Man main menu, select the game slot where you’re experiencing an issue.

Instead of choosing Continue, choose Load Game. You will be prompted that loading a game will overwrite your current save. Press X to continue.

The Playstation 4 Load Game screen will appear, with a list of your save games as well as backup files.

Using the date, choose the latest file marked [BACKUP].

Continue playing the game.

You may lose some side content progress depending on the time between when the save was made and when you experienced an issue.
The latest backup file the game made is when I finished the story, at 89% So I’ll lose 11% that I have to re-do, so I’ll wait for the update to see if it fixes the problem. If not, I guess I’ll load the backup and do the 11% again.

That last 11% took me over 3 hours to complete.
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
Films I'd like to see on Blu-Ray Disc:
Scarface (1932)
ABC Weekend Specials (1977Ė1995) [TV Movies]

I donít believe anyone that refuses to post a source, they just like spreading FUD.
If you're not part of the solution, youíre part of the precipitate.
Old Yesterday, 03:28 PM   #848
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zivouhr View Post
It's a solid representation of the Spider-Man character in an open city game and generally fun to play, though the fighting takes more skill than past games due to the more complex button combinations.
I find myself more mashing buttons than having ANY clue as to what I'm actually pushing.
People have more fun than anyone.
Thanks given by:
dirkblack (Yesterday), wvuwhat (Yesterday), Zivouhr (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 03:30 PM   #849
Blu-ray Count

Dec 2011
USA

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
I find myself more mashing buttons than having ANY clue as to what I'm actually pushing.
As long as it gets the job done, that's what counts.

Sliding under the enemies who defend with shields was tricky at first, but similar to the prior games from Beenox.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 04:47 PM   #850
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Sliding under the enemies who defend with shields was tricky at first
The buttons showing up on the screen every single time helps.
+
The best number is 73. Why? 73 is the 21st prime number. Its mirror, 37, is the 12th and its mirror, 21, is the product of multiplying 7 and 3... and in binary 73 is a palindrome, 1001001, which backwards is 1001001.
Scarface (1932)

I donít believe anyone that refuses to post a source, they just like spreading FUD.
Thanks given by:
RageATL (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:04 PM   #851
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
The Great Indoors

Quote:
As long as it gets the job done, that's what counts.

Sliding under the enemies who defend with shields was tricky at first, but similar to the prior games from Beenox.
Haha, very true, but not knowing what buttons do what (even AFTER consulting the "Help" menu for moves ) has led to a LOT of premature deaths for ol' Spidey.
People have more fun than anyone.
Old Yesterday, 09:30 PM   #852
Blu-ray Baron

Oct 2012
New York

Quote:
Originally Posted by RageATL View Post
Haha, very true, but not knowing what buttons do what (even AFTER consulting the "Help" menu for moves ) has led to a LOT of premature deaths for ol' Spidey.
Hitting twice will get you across the screen quickly so you can get out of hard situations and also have time to heal (if you have focus) before going back into battle. If you have a brute that chases you, you might have to do a double multiple times before youíre safe.
Scarface (1932)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > PlayStation > PS4