Best 3D Blu-ray Deals

Best Blu-ray Movie Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | Price drops  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Japan
Harry Potter Hogwarts Collection (Blu-ray)
$99.96

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom 3D (Blu-ray)
$27.99

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.96

Nurse 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.99

Predator 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

The Amazing Spider-Man 2 3D (Blu-ray)
$8.00

Skyscraper 3D (Blu-ray)
$31.99

Passengers 4K + 3D (Blu-ray)
$14.99

Ant-Man 3D (Blu-ray)
$19.79

Monster House 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.99

Prometheus 3D (Blu-ray)
$9.62

Guardians of the Galaxy 3D (Blu-ray)
$21.44

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies

Old 09-23-2018, 09:45 AM   #13701
Special Member

Dec 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by evoll View Post
Going through some older 3d movies and watched Dredd 3d last night. It def had some nice 3d moments with some great bass for your subwoofers.
Dredd (2012) is one of those films i found to very underrated IMO, i really enjoyed the movie and i also enjoyed the 3D as well.
Thanks given by:
evoll (09-23-2018)
Old 09-23-2018, 12:50 PM   #13702

Sep 2018
USA

Last watched Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom. 3D was not as good as I thought it would be. The movie was (to me) so boring. They need to come up with something better. Just my 2cents.

tbg
Old 09-23-2018, 02:48 PM   #13703
Power Member

May 2014
Boston, MA

Popped in Jurassic World last night in preparation for Fallen Kingdom.

I actually enjoyed the story more this time.
[Show spoiler]Still had problems with the silliness of allowing people to steer their own gyro balls in between 100's of dinosaurs.

3D was good, and full screen. Yay!
Mainly depth, but there was some breaking of the screen with peoples heads and dinosaurs, etc.
Would have liked some popouts of course. This is a movie about dinosaurs, and not one claw or head comes any great distance out of the screen.

Overall a fun conversion, and worth watching.

Next up Fallen Kingdom.
Old 09-23-2018, 04:58 PM   #13704
Blu-ray Champion

Feb 2016
Miami, Fl

Quote:
Originally Posted by arob View Post
Popped in Jurassic World last night in preparation for Fallen Kingdom.

I actually enjoyed the story more this time.
[Show spoiler]Still had problems with the silliness of allowing people to steer their own gyro balls in between 100's of dinosaurs.

3D was good, and full screen. Yay!
Mainly depth, but there was some breaking of the screen with peoples heads and dinosaurs, etc.
Would have liked some popouts of course. This is a movie about dinosaurs, and not one claw or head comes any great distance out of the screen.

Overall a fun conversion, and worth watching.

Next up Fallen Kingdom.
I also own the first movie in the round steelbook tin can edition. The movie was great and so was the 3D presentation, but I'm afraid they dropped the ball on Fallen Kingdom
"What is seen cannot be unseen. What is known cannot be unknown. Once the grey black bars are seen they cannot be unseen! "
Old 09-23-2018, 05:40 PM   #13705
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Just watched The Secret Life of Pets.

Great 3D and a charming, funny story.
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.
Thanks given by:
Impossible (Yesterday)
Old 09-23-2018, 05:45 PM   #13706
Blu-ray Samurai

May 2015

Recent Watches:

Jurassic World: Fallen Kingdom was just mild 3D to me, which was disappointing because I remembered Jurassic World having very good medium 3D. Just to be sure, afterwards I popped in the Jurassic World 3D Blu-ray and yep it has better/stronger 3D. More depth and better separation of the layers. Also, the aspect ratio of that film is better for 3D. The IMAX 3D presentation of JW:FK was better.

Sammy's Adventures: The Secret Passage has EXTREME 3D, which I expected because I had already seen the sequel. It defintley feels like a Finding Nemo knockoff, but Disney and Dreamworks don't come close to the 3D quality that nWave puts out.

I watched Finding Nemo for the first time in 3D and thought it had very good medium 3D. The animation is fantastic. Lots of depth and the characters have nice shape against the ocean background. No pop outs that I noticed. Now I'm ready to watch Finding Dory 3D for the first time.

I have Avengers: Infinity War finally coming to me tomorrow. My first order was lost in the mail. I can't wait to watch that. I saw it 2 or 3 times in IMAX 3D and it was outstanding. I'm hoping the 3D Blu-ray doesn't dissapoint. Of course I wish it had the IMAX scenes.
Old 09-23-2018, 08:28 PM   #13707
Blu-ray Guru

Jun 2017

Watched:

Some good 3D
Sapphire 106" screen,BenQ W1070 3D projector.
Monitor Audio Bronze 5.1 Samsung PS64E8000
Denon X3300W,PS3 & Sky 1TB.
Old 09-23-2018, 09:07 PM   #13708
Special Member

Sep 2017
Ajax, Ontario Canada

I bought Fallen Kingdon 3D yesterday , and today I picked up Journey to the center of the earth 3D
Thanks given by:
CSM101 (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 12:05 AM   #13709
Special Member

Sep 2017
Ajax, Ontario Canada

I just finished watching the original Jurassic park in 3D. I still love it and it was even better in 3D. looked incredible.
Old Yesterday, 01:22 AM   #13710
Special Member

Oct 2013
Alabama

Thanks to whoever posted in the other thread, I found Turbo 3D at a local Big Lots store for $5. I have enjoyed most of the Dreamworks Animation movies ,so I had been looking forward to this for some time. It does not disappoint. The story is great and the movie is good for the whole family. The 3D is also really good. mainly depth with a few pop-outs at medium-strong.
Old Yesterday, 03:11 AM   #13711
Power Member

May 2014
Boston, MA

Just finished Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom.

First the bad, no full screen like the first movie. Always a disappointment when watching 3D. The 3D was a tad milder too. Seemed to be more screen breaking in the first movie.

Still had good separation, so for me this always means a must watch in 3D. I actually liked the story. It was good to get off the island to do something different, as apart from the end of 2 we've always been on one of the islands for the other four movies.
[Show spoiler] Liked the new raptor and the chase scenes around and on top of the house. The getting blood from the the T-Rex was entertaining also.

A thumbs up from me.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 05:23 AM   #13712
Blu-ray Guru

Oct 2015
Bronx, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by arob View Post
Just finished Jurassic World Fallen Kingdom.

First the bad, no full screen like the first movie. Always a disappointment when watching 3D. The 3D was a tad milder too. Seemed to be more screen breaking in the first movie.

Still had good separation, so for me this always means a must watch in 3D. I actually liked the story. It was good to get off the island to do something different, as apart from the end of 2 we've always been on one of the islands for the other four movies.
[Show spoiler] Liked the new raptor and the chase scenes around and on top of the house. The getting blood from the the T-Rex was entertaining also.

A thumbs up from me.
Hi arob,

Glad to hear a few say it isn't so terribly bad. Thank you.
Sony KD50W800B monitor, Sony S5500 3D blu ray player, Panasonic DMR E18 DVD recorder, Darbee 5000S video processor, Dennon AVR x2100W receiver, Phase Technology main speakers, Yamaha middle and surround speakers, Infinity subwoofer plus a 40 year old but very good Dynaco book shelf speaker for the back middle speaker.
Thanks given by:
Paul H (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:50 AM   #13713

May 2018
UK
United Kingdom

Bought

in the 2 for 18 Disney deal at zoom.co.uk
Thanks given by:
evoll (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 01:07 PM   #13714

Oct 2009
GA

Quote:
Originally Posted by filmbuffTX View Post
Recent Watches:

Sammy's Adventures: The Secret Passage has EXTREME 3D, which I expected because I had already seen the sequel. It defintley feels like a Finding Nemo knockoff, but Disney and Dreamworks don't come close to the 3D quality that nWave puts out.
This and Thunder and House of Magic are my favorite go to movies when I watch a mediocre 3D movie especially animation ones to see how real 3D is done. I'm just amazed and blown away at what nWave pictures can do with their animation. Then I realize and get disappointed since no other animation can match theirs. Disney should just hire Ben Stassen for their next movie!
Thanks given by:
filmbuffTX (Yesterday), T. Warren Scollan (Yesterday)
Old Yesterday, 09:59 PM   #13715

Jun 2011

My recent 3D Blu-rays I bought for $3.00 each at a local flea market near my home in Telford Tennessee. )Heading toward Jonesborough on 11E Hwy) areAlice in Wonderland, Thor: The Dark World, IMAX Deep Sea and IMAX Space Station.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > 3D > 3D Blu-ray and 3D Movies