Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
His Dark Materials: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
11 hrs ago
Requiem for a Dream 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$115.99
10 hrs ago
Mandy (Blu-ray)
$5.00
1 hr ago
The Flintstones: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.98
1 day ago
Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.96
12 hrs ago
Gladiator/Braveheart 2-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.93
1 day ago
Gremlins 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Gamera: The Showa Era (Blu-ray)
$72.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs

Old 10-21-2020, 12:59 PM   #201

Nov 2009

I couldn't find a dedicated thread for LG's 8K OLEDs and doing a search on this thread for 'zx' only returned 3 hits.

Why so little talk about these tv? Is it simply because they are so expensive, were produced in extremely limited quantities that practically no one managed to get them, possibly a combination of both or were there issues with the tvs that really haven't come to light and LG has been trying to suppress?

One thing I find maddening about these considering their cost is the stand situation. Why on earth did LG go with chicken feet for the 77" model instead of the extremely solid and nice looking stands of their B and C series? Hell the 77CX has it and it's by far a better option on a tv that's a fraction of the price of the 77ZX. I don't get it. For that kind of money the 77" stand option is a joke. Even worse is the stand for the 88", do people actually want that huge integrated monstrosity that the tv is attached to? Again why couldn't they fit the B/C series type stand. All they would have to do for the 88" version would make it proportionally longer.
Old 10-22-2020, 06:20 PM   #202

Apr 2008

Quote:
Originally Posted by elwaylite View Post
Loving my CX so far. Grabbed it from VE and let @jrref calibrate it. I left LG for SOny after the E6, mainly over motion, but this thing is pretty good. Kept my A8F for the living room, sold the A9G, and the CX is now in the HT.
I am coming from a Pioneer Pro-111FD, and was worried about the transition, but I too am loving my 65CX purchased through Robert of Value Electronics. It was a surprise gift from my wife for our anniversary.

As always, its a pleasure dealing with people as nice as Robert and Wendy. Value Electronics is first class and Robert is as passionate and knowledgeable about the products he sells as no one else I have ever come across. If youíre in the market, I highly recommend purchasing through them.
Thanks given by:
evoll (10-23-2020), Robert Zohn (10-22-2020)
Old 10-25-2020, 06:18 PM   #203

Oct 2019

Does anybody have issues with Horizontal banding during HDR gaming. There appears to be several faint lines equally spread apart. Primarily seen during bright whites, blues, sepia. Really distracting when panning up on a otherwise beautiful sky on ghost of tshushima.
Old 10-29-2020, 08:39 PM   #204

Aug 2009
Midlothian, VA

Anyone with the CX miss the dts audio? Yes I know avr can process it but it won’t ever work with the built in apps and I really want to purchase but the one hold up.
Old 11-03-2020, 06:01 PM   #205

Aug 2020

LG CX & C9 Unlikely to Get Fix for VRR Gamma Issue Caused by OLED Panel

In a newsletter published by the OLED Association, LG Display has confirmed that the VRR gamma shift issue on LG OLED TVs including the CX and C9 is caused by the underlying OLED panel. While the company is investigating the possibility of introducing multiple gamma curves at lower refresh rates, the fix will be hardware/ T-Con-based, and can only be applied to future OLED TVs and not existing ones.

Thanks to Mr Barry Young, president & CEO of the OLED Association, for giving us permission to cite the newsletter which is originally found here:

https://www.oled-a.org/lgersquos-48r...yers_9620.html
Old 11-04-2020, 07:54 AM   #206

Jun 2008

Something interesting. I matched game mode standard user settings to what I use in Cinema mode and the PQ is basically identical. No advanced color point calibration at all. This is good news since I thought game mode would suffer from worse accuracy while playing games, but as long as you match to a Cinema settings it will look identical.
Old 11-05-2020, 07:12 PM   #207
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Los Angeles, CA

Hey guys. So I own a 50Ē Panasonic ST30 1080p plasma. Itís served me very well for the last 9+ years. It still runs like new, has great picture quality, and hasnít given me any problems at all. In addition to tv and movie watching, I do a lot of gaming. And because of that, thereís some burn-in on my tv from the static images of the games. Itís not super bad, but itís a little noticeable when watching other content.

Anyways, Iíve been finally thinking of upgrading to an OLED for 4K capability and overall superior picture quality. Iíve been keeping an eye on the 55Ē LG CX. Iíve read a lot about it, kept up on the reviews, and have greatly considered buying one. With the Black Friday pricing on it right now, it seems like a good time to purchase one. My only true concern is potential burn-in on it, as I will use it to play games, in addition to tv and movie watching. Generally speaking, could it be any worse than how my plasma has handled it? I donít want to regret purchasing one if itís just gonna give me issues.

The LG CX looks like an excellent 4K OLED, especially for the price right now. I just donít want to regret buying one if thereís serious burn-in potential thatís worse than how my 9 year old Panasonic has handled it.

Thanks for any input.
Old 11-08-2020, 03:37 AM   #208
Blu-ray Ninja

May 2010
Portland, OR

Edit. Wrong thread

Last edited by Hellraiserfan; 11-08-2020 at 04:33 AM.
Old 11-10-2020, 09:16 PM   #209
Special Member

Sep 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by volcomsocal View Post
Hey guys. So I own a 50Ē Panasonic ST30 1080p plasma. Itís served me very well for the last 9+ years. It still runs like new, has great picture quality, and hasnít given me any problems at all. In addition to tv and movie watching, I do a lot of gaming. And because of that, thereís some burn-in on my tv from the static images of the games. Itís not super bad, but itís a little noticeable when watching other content.

Anyways, Iíve been finally thinking of upgrading to an OLED for 4K capability and overall superior picture quality. Iíve been keeping an eye on the 55Ē LG CX. Iíve read a lot about it, kept up on the reviews, and have greatly considered buying one. With the Black Friday pricing on it right now, it seems like a good time to purchase one. My only true concern is potential burn-in on it, as I will use it to play games, in addition to tv and movie watching. Generally speaking, could it be any worse than how my plasma has handled it? I donít want to regret purchasing one if itís just gonna give me issues.

The LG CX looks like an excellent 4K OLED, especially for the price right now. I just donít want to regret buying one if thereís serious burn-in potential thatís worse than how my 9 year old Panasonic has handled it.

Thanks for any input.
Buying an OLED for gaming means you have a greater chance for burn-in than any display and/or use case. If you buy it from Best Buy, take out the extended warranty.
Old 11-10-2020, 11:47 PM   #210
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2009
Los Angeles, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by Auditor55 View Post
Buying an OLED for gaming means you have a greater chance for burn-in than any display and/or use case. If you buy it from Best Buy, take out the extended warranty.
I would definitely get the extended 5-year warranty if I buy from them. Thing is, Iíd probably keep the TV for longer than that. If there is burn in before the 5 year warranty is up, would they replace the TV with a new one? Iím sure they have some stipulations.
Old 11-19-2020, 06:43 PM   #211

Aug 2020

LG CX Beta Firmware Fixes 4K@120Hz Stutter in VRR/ G-SYNC Mode

We demonstrate how the LG CX beta firmware 03.21.03 has fixed the high frame rate stutter between high-90s and 120Hz frame rates in VRR/ G-SYNC mode, so hopefully Xbox Series X, PS5 and RTX 30 Series owners can enjoy smooth gameplay at all resolutions and frame rates (including 4K@120Hz) in VRR mode.
Old 11-21-2020, 08:31 PM   #212

Nov 2020
Australia

i play lots of games on my 65C8 and the old ones too on my shield tv with the health bars on screen all the time i have never experienced burn ins?
Old 11-21-2020, 11:29 PM   #213
Blu-ray Prince

May 2010
NYC

Buying the gallery 77 for my new apartment. First time home buyer. 2020 tried to detail my plans.
Thanks given by:
Robert Zohn (11-22-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > OLED TVs