Best Xbox SX Games Deals

Best Xbox SX Games Deals, See All the Deals »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Assassin's Creed Valhalla (Xbox XS)
$49.94

The Falconeer - Day One Edition (Xbox XS)
$33.88

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$99.24

NBA 2K21 (Xbox XS)
$69.24
10 hrs ago
SCARLET NEXUS (Xbox XS)
$59.99

Mortal Kombat 11 Ultimate (Xbox XS)
$59.99

What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X

Old 10-17-2020, 12:12 PM   #161
Gaming Moderator

Dec 2008
Wales

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
You’re not gonna have head of Xbox say PlayStation.
You also don’t pay $7+ billion dollars to have timed exclusives.

So no, I don’t expect any future projects from Bethesda or Turn-10 to release Fallout 5 & Forza on PlayStation.

Well. Not until GamePass launches on PS5
Old 10-17-2020, 12:41 PM   #162
Blu-ray Knight

Dec 2010

Quote:
Originally Posted by Derb View Post
So no, I donít expect any future projects from Bethesda or Turn-10 to release Fallout 5 & Forza on PlayStation.
You never know

in 2013 the idea of every xbox game being on pc day and date, or on a subscription service wouldíve sounded like a joke
Old 10-23-2020, 12:58 AM   #163
Blu-ray Guru

Aug 2015

I agree his statement leaves plenty of room for their games to either be or not be on other consoles. "...in order to kind of make the deal work for us. Whatever that means." He's basically saying they'll keep their options open.
Old 11-18-2020, 05:18 PM   #164
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

I still can’t believe Microsoft is not making these games exclusive to Xbox. You don’t see Sony making their exclusives available on Xbox. But at least Microsoft is making sure they will look better on Series X then PS5.
Old 11-18-2020, 06:42 PM   #165
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Batman90 View Post
I still canít believe Microsoft is not making these games exclusive to Xbox. You donít see Sony making their exclusives available on Xbox. But at least Microsoft is making sure they will look better on Series X then PS5.
Maybe Microsoft charges Sony a fee for every game sold, on top of getting money for the sale, plus potential DLC.

There can be many reasons for Microsoft to release a game on other systems
Old 11-18-2020, 06:44 PM   #166
Expert Member

Apr 2016
South Florida

Quote:
I still canít believe Microsoft is not making these games exclusive to Xbox. You donít see Sony making their exclusives available on Xbox. But at least Microsoft is making sure they will look better on Series X then PS5.
Also with Xbox the games will be on Gamepass on day one.
Old 11-21-2020, 05:31 PM   #167
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kubrick0730 View Post
Also with Xbox the games will be on Gamepass on day one.
Lol so maybe they need to release on the ps5 so someone would pay $60 for them...haha
Old 11-22-2020, 01:31 AM   #168
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
Lol so maybe they need to release on the ps5 so someone would pay $60 for them...haha
Xbox should release them on PS5 for $70.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:43 AM   #169
Blu-ray Guru

Jan 2013

Quote:
Xbox should release them on PS5 for $70.
I'm thinking $250 to be honest
Old 11-22-2020, 03:54 AM   #170
Blu-ray Samurai

Aug 2017
Gotham City

Quote:
Originally Posted by JayTL View Post
I'm thinking $250 to be honest
I like how Microsoft said the games will be better and look better on Series X. So PlayStation is clearly going to be getting a weak version of the games.
Old 11-22-2020, 05:19 AM   #171
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2008
Columbiana, OH
Send a message via MSN to KilloWertz

Quote:
I like how Microsoft said the games will be better and look better on Series X. So PlayStation is clearly going to be getting a weak version of the games.
Can't really draw much of any conclusions from what they are saying about this yet. That was some of the longest winded "people keep asking about it but we still have no idea" statement I've ever read.

Honestly, they should have probably just continued actually saying they don't have any idea as it gave little clarity to a situation that had basically none when it should be clear already. You buy a company, those games are now exclusive. We'll see what actually happens someday.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:39 PM   #172

Aug 2011

Quote:
I think that's too much of a "face value" look at the quote.

Quote:
we want that content, in the long run, to be either first or better or best or pick your differentiated experience, on our platforms. We will want Bethesda content to show up the best (on) our platforms.

[I]f you think about something like Game Pass, if it shows up best in Game Pass, thatís what we want to see, and we want to drive our Game Pass subscriber base through that Bethesda pipeline
It's less about how it looks and more about how the players experience the game. They've stated that they don't see Sony as their competitor anymore, so there's no reason for them to weaken their own product, especially in something as superficial as looks. The PS5 version of TES6 or Starfield will look and play just as good or bad as if MS didn't buy up Bethesda. They want people to buy the game.

Would they like people to play on their hardware? Sure! But Microsoft, through Bethesda, gets paid no matter which version gets bought.

It seems to me that Gamepass/XCloud are the real future for MS. Just like stuff like Roku/Apple TV/Chromecast-Google TV, you can get hardware that is based on them, but they also have apps of them to be used on other hardware. I haven't been following things fully but if MS don't plan to have an Gamepass/XCloud app on every/any digital possible store front already, I'm sure it's in their plans.

Imagine, with theGamepass/XCloud app for the other consoles and more, you could cloud play Halo Infinite on your Nintendo Switch (like with what they're doing with Control and Hitman) or PS4/5 or even your fricken phone (you all have phones right?). Now Elder Scrolls 6: The Debugenning is exclusive to MS services for a time (6 months, 1 year, whatever). You can't buy the game on a Sony machine but if you subscribe to XCloud/Gamepass, you can still play it on your PS5. And if you could bring over the character/save files from Xcloud/gamepass to the PS5 if you buy the PS5 version when it releases, I see no reason for MS to weaken Sony's version of the game.

To me, it sounds like the "first or better or best" experience would be through MS's services (it'll just be missing the anime titty mods that'll be on PC). The only thing Sony has lost is the ability to negotiate a window of exclusivity (or outright buy the company for literal exclusives)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Gaming > Xbox > Xbox Series X