Best Blu-ray Movie Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
His Dark Materials: The Complete First Season (Blu-ray)
$9.99
10 hrs ago
Requiem for a Dream 4K (Blu-ray)
$7.99

Game of Thrones: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$115.99
9 hrs ago
Mandy (Blu-ray)
$5.00
57 min ago
The Flintstones: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$44.98
1 day ago
Star Trek: The Original Motion Picture Collection (Blu-ray)
$9.96

Steven Spielberg Director's Collection (Blu-ray)
$19.99

Gladiator/Braveheart 2-Movie Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$22.93
1 day ago
Gremlins 4K (Blu-ray)
$9.99

007: The Daniel Craig Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$34.99

Gamera: The Showa Era (Blu-ray)
$72.99
1 day ago
Star Trek: Stardate Collection (Blu-ray)
$32.96
11 hrs ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Projectors

Old 11-21-2020, 04:39 PM   #241

Aug 2017

Quote:
Originally Posted by Robert Zohn View Post
Your information is outdated. It's from early 2017 and long since Kris did his review TI confirmed their DLP Chip can playback at 48fps and the clock can be set to 2:2 pulldown so just displaying each frame twice to generate 48Hz.

I have strong knowledge of video display technology and for the second time I confirmed this exact specification and explanation with LG's top projector engineers.
It’s not “my information” it’s Kris Deerings and Vincent has been able to demonstrate the problem which applies to all XPR projectors.

And at this point frankly I think most readers are more likely to trust respected reviewers than those people with a vested interest in selling the product.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:36 PM   #242
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

As I said in my last post, Kris's review you linked to was from early 2017, much has changed in display technology in the 3+ years.

I am speaking from a technical position and with confirmation from TI and LG's top engineers.

Here's the link to TI's support forum with their confirmation of the chip set-up to 48Hz specifically for 24p content.
Old 11-21-2020, 06:39 PM   #243
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

Quote:
Originally Posted by vila2k View Post
It’s not “my information” it’s Kris Deerings and Vincent has been able to demonstrate the problem which applies to all XPR projectors.

And at this point frankly I think most readers are more likely to trust respected reviewers than those people with a vested interest in selling the product.
I was referring "your information" as you are the one who is posting it. So I say again, "Your information that you posted from Kris Deering is outdated"

Sorry the TI url link does not work. Here's the cut and paste of TI's post.

"With our latest SW release it is now possible for the system integrator to take 24Hz as input and configure the DLP system to run at 48Hz so as to do 2:2 pulldown. Can you please provide more detail about your project so we can assist you better. Are you in process of building the the whole system (EE and Optical engine) or you are working with one of our existing OEMs ?

Regards

Anshul

Anshul Jain

anshul@ti.com"
Old 11-21-2020, 07:19 PM   #244

Aug 2017

Are these the same engineers you spoke to that prompted you to claim this projector was native 4k and didnt shift its pixels to create its image?

Quote:
Sorry, but my first post was actually incorrect!! Correct, it's TI's latest generation 4K HDR 0.66” DLP E-shift chip. This new e-shift chip delivers a beautiful image.

LG's new HU85LA is a native full 4K HDR chipset, it is not an e-shift chip. I confirmed this with LG's engineer in charge of projectors
Quote:
TI claims the .66 DMD device and it's controller are not e-shifting or blinking the image to deliver the full 3840x2160 resolution on the screen.
Unfortunately your claims on this thread have repeatedly proven to be unreliable so you'll have to expect people not to just take your word for it.

Quote:
I Here's the cut and paste of TI's post.

"With our latest SW release it is now possible for the system integrator to take 24Hz as input and configure the DLP system to run at 48Hz so as to do 2:2 pulldown. Can you please provide more detail about your project so we can assist you better. Are you in process of building the the whole system (EE and Optical engine) or you are working with one of our existing OEMs ?

If thats true then why do Vincents tests display telecinic judder with 24p material - even with real cinema on ?
Old 11-21-2020, 08:31 PM   #245
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

TI and LG both say the .66 chip displays all 3840x2160 pixels at the same time as the DMM has two mirrors for each pixel that are positioned to generate all 8.3 milliton pixels on the screen at the same time, so no pixel shifting or flashing is needed.

You continually say "my claims on this thread have repeatedly proven to be unreliable". What claims are you referring to? Just the HU85LA's 24p playback and resolution or do you have anything else to dispute?
Old 11-21-2020, 08:35 PM   #246

Aug 2017

I think its quite clear throughout the thread how you've misrepresented the projectors capabilities often even contradicting yourself with explanations and that why its makes it very difficult to take you at your word.

Again if your latest claims are true, then why do Vincents tests display telecinic judder with 24p material - even with real cinema on ?
Old 11-21-2020, 08:42 PM   #247
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

I can'd answer for Vincent, but if as you said he had "Real Cinema On" then Vincent had the HU85LA incorrectly set-up and it will display much judder with 24p content.

The correct user menu settings to get the panel into the 48Hz mode to repeat 24p content without judder is for you to select "Real Cinema On" and "Tru Motion Off".

My interests is to pass along the correct information on audio and video technologies and products.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:02 PM   #248

Aug 2017

Quote:
but if as you said he had "Real Cinema On" then Vincent had the HU85LA incorrectly set-up and it will display much judder with 24p content.

The correct user menu settings to get the panel into the 48Hz mode to repeat 24p content without judder is for you to select "Real Cinema On" and "Tru Motion Off".
You've just contradicted yourself again within two paragraphs of each other!?

Is the correct setup to have Real cinema On or Off ?
Old 11-21-2020, 09:10 PM   #249
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

Yes, Real Cinema "ON", but it's important to have Tru Motion "OFF".

I've only consistently said Real Cinema ON.
Old 11-21-2020, 09:23 PM   #250

Aug 2017

Quote:
Yes, Real Cinema "ON", but it's important to have Tru Motion "OFF".

I've only consistently said Real Cinema ON.
Quote:
if as you said he had "Real Cinema On" then Vincent had the HU85LA incorrectly set-up
You contradicting yourself is hilarious.

Did you actually bother to watch his review?

Vincent states in his Video

the LGHT85 appears to be 60hz which is part of the reason the projector wasn’t able to display 24 frames per second movies smoothly even with real cinema enabled, with slow panning shots exhibiting telecinic judder. You could enable Tru Motion to smooth out the judder but this would introduce soap opera effect and the odd frame skipping"

He used the settings you preferred and tried others too. The projector handles 24p material incorrectly.

Obviously unlike yourself Vincent is independent, but he has always proven himself to be very thorough and reliable in his testing and doesnt rely on the sometime misleading claims manufacturers make like other people.

Quote:

I was told by LG engineering that the HU85LA can play 24p content at 48Hz, but was never able to confirm that.

Quote:
I post as I get information from LG's product management and engineers.

Thankfully others prefer to base their assertions on facts and testing.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:00 PM   #251
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

My reference about Vincent having Real Cinema On was also also about him engaging Tru Motion ON, which should be off.

We use test patterns and the best professional video measurement equipment. Remember I am the creator and sponsor of the annual TV Shootout Evaluation event.

Reposting snips of my posts to distort what I am saying will not make anyone believe your conspiracy theory.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:45 PM   #252

Aug 2017

I think its clear to anyone that is familiar with Mr Teoh's work, (or indeed anyone who watched the video) that he tests equipment thoroughly and methodicaly ; tested the motion of the projector with each of its settings on and off.

"even with real cinema enabled" - He looked at it with real cinema enabled and disabled

"You could enable Tru Motion" He tested it with tru motion disable, and enabled.

His conclusion was also clear - the projector cannot correctly display 24p material

You haven't provided anything other than anecdotal claims to support your assertions the seem either confused by your own contradictions or possibly deliberately vague in order to miss sell a product.
Old 11-22-2020, 12:54 AM   #253
Retailer Insider

Nov 2009
Scarsdale, NY

I know and have a great deal of respect for Vincent. The HU85LA and any video device should only be tested with the correct values selected in the menu. It's just confusing to review a display's video performance with anything but all of the settings correctly selected.

I discuss technical information on a/v products that I know well and have privileged technical information on the development and about upcoming firmware enhancements.

Advancing the state-of-the-art display technology evolves and changes quickly, and as specs get confirmed or in question and I post that too.

Regarding my company, we are authorized dealers for all major brands and my only interests are purely driven by my passion for high performance a/v equipment.

I will not reply to any more of your posts as your derogatory remarks directed to me are way out of line and have no basis of truth.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:35 AM   #254

Aug 2017

Quote:
I know and have a great deal of respect for Vincent. The HU85LA and any video device should only be tested with the correct values selected in the menu. It's just confusing to review a display's video performance with anything but all of the settings correctly selected.
Yes and it was quite clear from the video that Vincent was very thorough and tested the projector with professional equipment, methodically in all of its modes, examining their effect before concluding that the projector cannot correctly display 24p material

Quote:
I discuss technical information on a/v products that I know well and have privileged technical information on the development and about upcoming firmware enhancements.

Advancing the state-of-the-art display technology evolves and changes quickly, and as specs get confirmed or in question and I post that too.

Its a shame then that you've contradicted yourself so many times throughout this thread and brought so much rhetorical, anecdotal comments rather than fact based and proven information to the thread.

Quote:
he is wrong and the HU85LA is a native 3840x2160 resolution DLP chip.
So just to be 100% clear the HU85LA is a native 3840x2160 chip .
Quote:
you have claimed I said "Native 4K" as I bolded your quoted post above. However, I have not done so.
Quote:
they can display a clean 1-pixel line test pattern. No native 4K projector can do any better.
Quote:
I understand that this technology may not map every pixel perfectly 1:1 on a test pattern,
Quote:
24p content plays beautifully with no noticeable judder. .

Quote:
I'll work on confirming LG's HU85LA is 24p compliant with an equal frame rate playback.

The contractions and U turns you've made in this tread have been shocking.

Quote:

I will not reply to any more of your posts as your derogatory remarks directed to me are way out of line and have no basis of truth.
That would probably be for the best given how many times you've contradicted and embarrassed yourself on the thread.

But given you've said you wont be replying before...

Quote:
I suggest we have covered this enough so let's agree to leave this with enough said and let the thread move on.
Quote:
Let's leave this as we are not agreeing.
Quote:
I'm exhausted and feel it's best to stop replying to your endless rebuttals.You have made it to my ignore list and have the destination of being the only member on my list to ignore
I wont hold my breath as you seem to make as many U turns on that as your claims about this projector

Last edited by vila2k; 11-22-2020 at 03:51 AM.
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Displays > Projectors