Best TV Deals

Black Friday Deals Week is Live »
Top deals | New deals  
 All countries United States United Kingdom Canada Germany France Spain Italy Australia Netherlands Japan Mexico
Batman: The Complete Animated Series (Blu-ray)
$39.98
17 hrs ago
Deathstroke: Knights & Dragons - The Movie (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
Better Call Saul: Season Five (Blu-ray)
$27.95
6 hrs ago
The Office: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$101.96
1 day ago
Peanuts: Holiday Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$19.99

InuYasha: Set 3 (Blu-ray)
$21.19
22 min ago
Josie and the Pussycats: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$19.47
12 hrs ago
Battlestar Galactica: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$49.99
1 day ago
Swamp Thing: The Complete Series (Blu-ray)
$9.99
1 day ago
Game of Thrones: The Complete Collection 4K (Blu-ray)
$191.99
1 day ago
Supernatural: The Complete Fifteenth and Final Season (Blu-ray)
$39.99

Dr. Seuss' How the Grinch Stole Christmas! (Blu-ray)
$5.99
1 day ago
What's your next favorite movie?
Join our movie community to find out

Image from: Life of Pi (2012)

Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Old 11-21-2020, 10:11 PM   #2721
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInHD View Post
At this point, she is elderly and will likely be killed off in this show. The real question is whether or not she ever got into contact with Anakin's son and assists him in any capacity in finding knowledge about the Jedi Order. She would know little or nothing about the ancient Jedi and Jedi lore in general, but could help him find the physical remains of Jedi enclaves from the last days of the Galactic Republic that would help him to find Ach-To. According to what was put forth in Rogue One, there are multiple Force-oriented religious orders - like the Sith Cultists and Church Of The Force - that survived the Jedi purge, so she and they would have something to offer him and The Mandalorian.
Hahahah.... "elderly." Her species lives to be 94 years old. And if you weren't aware, at this point in the Star Wars timeline, Ahsoka would be in her 70's. So she has about 20-25 years left in her. Nowhere near elderly.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:24 PM   #2722
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Originally Posted by mysticwaterfall View Post
Well luckily for you, Ashoka isn't a Jedi.
No surprise, given that Ashoka is an Indian emperor. Ahsoka, OTOH, seems to have been a Jedi at least for some time period according to my Google search, and she does wield a light saber.
Old 11-21-2020, 10:34 PM   #2723
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2014

Quote:
Originally Posted by jayman3 View Post
Hahahah.... "elderly." Her species lives to be 94 years old. And if you weren't aware, at this point in the Star Wars timeline, Ahsoka would be in her 70's. So she has about 20-25 years left in her. Nowhere near elderly.
Ahsoka is 45 during The Mandalorian.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fiffy View Post
No surprise, given that Ashoka is an Indian emperor. Ahsoka, OTOH, seems to have been a Jedi at least for some time period according to my Google search, and she does wield a light saber.
She never advanced beyond padawan. Although, Rex likes to say "experience outranks everything." By those standards, Ahsoka outranks many.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:00 PM   #2724
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney-2187 View Post
Ahsoka is 45 during The Mandalorian.
Let's see...

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quora
Ahsoka is 31 at the beginning of Star Wars Rebels, 40 at the end of Star Wars Rebels.

Lets do some simple math: Ahsoka is revealed to be 14 at the beginning of the Clone Wars, still a youngling, and is 17 by the end of the 3 year war. There is a 19 year gap between Episodes III and IV to allow time for Luke and Leia to grow up, and Rebels takes place 5 years before A New Hope, meaning that when Ahsoka arrives back on the scene, she is 14 years older than she was during Revenge of the Sith, making her 31.

The series epilogue takes place immediately following the events of Return of the Jedi, which takes place 9 years after Rebels, making her 40 when she revealed to be alive wearing her white robes. Assuming shes STILL alive in the Star Wars Sequel Trilogy canon, Ahsoka Tano is currently 70 years old.
Okay. It matches up.

Again, in response to LexInHD Ahsoka is by no means "elderly."
Old 11-21-2020, 11:05 PM   #2725
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

Quote:
Ashoka was a Padawan who got kicked out of the jedi order (CW S5E20, "The Wrong Jedi") before she ever faced the trials to become a knight, therefore she was never a jedi. It would be like saying somebody who went to medical school but didn't graduate was a doctor.

As for using a lightsaber, a lot of non jedi/sith do. Han does in ESB and he's not even force sensitive. And of course Finn fights with one in TFA.
Thanks given by:
Rodney-2187 (11-21-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 11:13 PM   #2726
Blu-ray Guru

Jul 2007
San Jose, CA

Quote:
Ashoka was a Padawan who got kicked out of the jedi order (CW S5E20, "The Wrong Jedi") before she ever faced the trials to become a knight, therefore she was never a jedi. It would be like saying somebody who went to medical school but didn't graduate was a doctor.
Well, her creator seems to think differently (skip to ~12:10):

Old 11-21-2020, 11:28 PM   #2727
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

Quote:
Well, her creator seems to think differently (skip to ~12:10):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_GKU...youtu.be&t=734
Don't see how that changes anything. He talks about how he got the idea and how she originally was. (I did like his Star Wars for kids comment though) Doesnt change the fact she was never actually a Jedi. I mean heck, if we want to play that game Yoda also thought she was worthy to be a knight and offered twice to let her come back, she refused both times. To furthur the point, Mace Windu explicitly calls her not a jedi in CW S7 when he excludes her from the meeting.

Was she a Jedi Padawan and part of the order? Yes. Was she ever a full fledged Jedi? No.
Thanks given by:
Rodney-2187 (11-21-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 11:38 PM   #2728
Blu-ray Guru

Nov 2011

Quote:
Originally Posted by LexInHD View Post
At this point, she is elderly and will likely be killed off in this show. The real question is whether or not she ever got into contact with Anakin's son and assists him in any capacity in finding knowledge about the Jedi Order. She would know little or nothing about the ancient Jedi and Jedi lore in general, but could help him find the physical remains of Jedi enclaves from the last days of the Galactic Republic that would help him to find Ach-To. According to what was put forth in Rogue One, there are multiple Force-oriented religious orders - like the Sith Cultists and Church Of The Force - that survived the Jedi purge, so she and they would have something to offer him and The Mandalorian.
Where are you getting elderly from? This show takes place 5 years after ROTJ. She will be in her mid 40s. Unless you mean by the time of episode 7? She would be in her 70s then.
Thanks given by:
Rodney-2187 (11-21-2020)
Old 11-21-2020, 11:47 PM   #2729
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

There's a big debate on if she's dead or not by Ep9 since she's one of the voices Rey hears. Dave shared a post after the movie came out suggesting she wasn't, but that could have also been a hint towards her future pre-ep9 appearances. Time will tell.
Old 11-21-2020, 11:52 PM   #2730
Blu-ray Count

Jul 2013
Orlando, FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersix4 View Post
I mean there is lol the story hasn't progressed all that much we learned more in the last 20 minutes of episode 4 than we did in the last three episodes combined lmao
[Show spoiler]Moff wanting to use baby yoda blood for clones of something.
Guarantee someone could consolidate these two seasons down to 2-3 episodes on youtube like they do with dragon ball z

Its gotten much better pacing than the first two episodes and hopefully that continues but to claim theres no filler you've def got the fanboy blinders on lol
"fanboy blinders" lmao... I never said it was filler free. Unlike the first season which really had 3-4 mythos episodes and 4 stand-alone "filler" episodes, this second season seems to progress the plot forward with each passing episode.

Episode one featured return of Boba Fett, episode two propelled Mando's journey in searching for more of his kind. Though it could be passed off as filler as we were stuck on that ice planet.

Episode three really pushed through this seasons story with the introduction of Bo Katan and setting Mando forward to the course of contacting Ahsoka.

Episode four may have stalled in playing "catch up" with Cara Dune and Greef Karga, but it also revealed Gideon's intentions with the Child's blood transfusion and his army of Dark Troopers.

That's a lot of information taken in four episodes.

The point being is one episode leads into another without skipping a beat. So yes I agree that it has gotten much better pacing, but certainly not wearing any "fanboy blinders."
Old 11-22-2020, 12:07 AM   #2731
Blu-ray Samurai

Jun 2012

Quote:
Originally Posted by joshsquash729 View Post
Star Wars and its fandom being what it is, it wouldn't surprise me if we suddenly have an unofficial character backstory for that crewmember by the end of the week.
This is the (star wars) way..
Old 11-22-2020, 12:42 AM   #2732
Blu-ray King

Feb 2009
Swanage, Engerland

Quote:
We know from the Aftermath trilogy and Bloodlines that the First Order was already well on its way to being established as we know it in the ST and whats happening with Moff Gideon right now on Mando actually ties in that pretty well. And of course
[Show spoiler]experimenting with high M blood and clones feeds into Ep 9, as much as I hated that part

Disappointed we have to wait another week for Ahsoka but a good episode none the less. I'm glad Mando actually fights well this season instead of getting his butt kicked all the time like last season.
I've read them, they're a start but it still feels like a massive piece of the puzzle is missing somewhere, I watch TFA and still wonder just WTF happened in the last 30 years, as the movie sure as shit doesn't bovver to explain it. And I'm glad that Mando is going to go there, as much as that burns the ass of people who'd rather that the ST didn't exist.
Thanks given by:
Nitroboy (11-22-2020), NoFro (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 01:09 AM   #2733
Blu-ray Duke

Jan 2014

There will always be more story to tell. Star Wars will outlive us all. I'm happy about that.
Thanks given by:
Porco Azzurro (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 01:24 AM   #2734

May 2020
Canada

Honestly, we could do WAY WORSE than the Sequel Trilogy.
Old 11-22-2020, 01:35 AM   #2735
Blu-ray Samurai

Oct 2013
Right Behind You

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittysGelato View Post
I dont mind Ep7 and 8 at all and I'm okay with parts of 9. I just don't like the fact that most of Ep 9 makes very little sense and comes out of nowhere. (Palpatine, The Final Order fleet, Rey being his granddaughter, the Sith Eternal, etc, etc...). Its very clear that Disney did not have a plan. Say what you want about the PT, but at least it has a cohesive story instead of 3 seperate movies masquerading as a Trilogy.
Thanks given by:
jayman3 (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 01:38 AM   #2736
Blu-ray Prince

Jul 2008
Virginia

Quote:
Originally Posted by HillSprinter View Post
Where I come from Gina would be described as being built like a brick shithouse.
Agreed, Gina Carano's Cara Dune is a thicc fighter like Noi!

now, imagine them oiled up and throwing down!

Old 11-22-2020, 02:13 AM   #2737
Blu-ray Archduke

Dec 2009
Uncle Bob's House of Pancakes

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarrdadd View Post
Agreed, Gina Carano's Cara Dune is a thicc fighter like Noi!

now, imagine them oiled up and throwing down!

[Show spoiler]
This is the way.
Thanks given by:
solarrdadd (11-22-2020)
Old 11-22-2020, 02:25 AM   #2738
Blu-ray Samurai

Apr 2019

Quote:
Originally Posted by SmittysGelato View Post
Aside from Michael Bay or Uwe Boll making Star Wars films, I find this to be blatantly false. And even then, I'd be more interested to see what they'd come up with than Abrams and his stupid ass mystery box.
Old 11-22-2020, 02:38 AM   #2739

May 2020
Canada

Quote:
Originally Posted by CreasyBear View Post
Aside from Michael Bay or Uwe Boll making Star Wars films, I find this to be blatantly false. And even then, I'd be more interested to see what they'd come up with than Abrams and his stupid ass mystery box.
I definitely disagree. I prefer JJ and Rian over Bay any day. Never seen an Uwe Boll film.

However, with all of the bland remakes that Hollywood puts out, we could def do worse. I say that even though TFA is basically a remake of ANH. However, a remake by someone who loves the thing, and the difference is palpable.
Old 11-22-2020, 03:45 AM   #2740
Blu-ray Guru

Dec 2008
Rhode Island

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rodney-2187 View Post
There will always be more story to tell. Star Wars will outlive us all. I'm happy about that.
Well, I saw Ep. IV at a theater in Virginia the day it was released almost 45 years ago, so yeah, we'll all be long gone and it will still be chugging along. It has been a lifetime for me and I'm proud to be a fan.
Thanks given by:
Rodney-2187 (11-22-2020)
Go Back   Blu-ray Forum > Movies > TV Shows

Tags
jon favreau, live show, star wars